War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

cobalt ss vs gti mkv

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cobalt ss vs gti mkv

check this out. They know we are fast.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/search...earchid=155842
Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM

"Suddenly, about 15 seconds later, I hear this god-awful drone from behind me. I check my passenger mirror and here comes the CSS!!"

Haha, i love when people say that!

"When you grow up kid you will understand the German power."

Fo real son! You know whats cracking...

I like the GTI, a lot!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah the GTI is definately on my list of top 3 cool cars. they are quite fast and sporty. i wish they wouldnt dog our interior so much. i like our interior, i mean its not the greatest, but geeze, its still pretty good.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:36 PM

most of their races are against balts,well I cant shrak on these cars,they are awsome quality,I could not afford one though,but what is suprising is the fact that they dont know how much Euro is actually in the g5/cobalts
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good grief well we all know what they're afraid of! LMAO! I mean if they weren't then why are there so many threads about the SS in there? They know we're compition and they don't like that.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by g5mike
most of their races are against balts,well I cant shrak on these cars,they are awsome quality,I could not afford one though,but what is suprising is the fact that they dont know how much Euro is actually in the g5/cobalts
Not many people know about the getrag tranny and saab on the bottom of the crank case.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by leviticus88
Not many people know about the getrag tranny and saab on the bottom of the crank case.
i come from a toyota tranny,i knew of the getrag before my purchase
Old 11-16-2006, 03:58 PM

i like the mkv too. i posted this just to let you know that we are recognized
Old 11-16-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by beamSS
i like the mkv too. i posted this just to let you know that we are recognized
Recognized huh? Not a single car will run me in my town because it's "That one Cobalt!" lol
Old 11-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by LaserblueSS
yeah the GTI is definately on my list of top 3 cool cars. they are quite fast and sporty. i wish they wouldnt dog our interior so much. i like our interior, i mean its not the greatest, but geeze, its still pretty good.

if they dog your interior...dog their reliability. they're bound to be in the shop once a month. vw and audi reliability are HORRIBLE.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:35 PM

really, i havnt ever owned one so i have no clue about reliability. i just know that EVERY single review on our car has been the same ... great power, but crappy interior. which sucks because i like it. hmm.. does that mean i like crappy things...??
Old 11-16-2006, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by LaserblueSS
really, i havnt ever owned one so i have no clue about reliability. i just know that EVERY single review on our car has been the same ... great power, but crappy interior. which sucks because i like it. hmm.. does that mean i like crappy things...??
yea my dad had an audi that had alot of problems and after that i started noticing every review about vw's or audis gave them horrible reliability ratings.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:43 PM

i dont think the cobalt interior is crappy. it's simple, but not crappy. but hey if you DO like crappy things, at least they will always come cheap and easy. its like going after the drunk fat chick at a party. at least you know you have 0 competition and 0 chance of not gettin some. not the way i roll, but hey you can look at it that way if it cheers you up! LOL.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
i dont think the cobalt interior is crappy. it's simple, but not crappy. but hey if you DO like crappy things, at least they will always come cheap and easy. its like going after the drunk fat chick at a party. at least you know you have 0 competition and 0 chance of not gettin some. not the way i roll, but hey you can look at it that way if it cheers you up! LOL.
hmm...not exactly what i was going for.. but hey... lol. funny stuff none the less.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:56 PM

lol...the point was, if you like it who cares.

http://images.automotive.com/cob/fac...__Interior.jpg

my interior is pretty plain too but i love it. come on, when people start ripping on your interior it basically means they have nothing else to rip on, so take it as a compliment.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:05 PM

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showth...ghlight=cobalt

This is some funny ****.... I love trash talkin' from slower cars... Only 210 HP with exhaust, intake, and tune???? Yeah right, most of us are puttin' that down stock!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:19 PM
p7x

I really like the GTI but hatches aren't my thing. 2.0T with DSG is pretty badass. But im glad they know they're place.

Last edited by p7x; 11-17-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
yea my dad had an Audi that had a lot of problems and after that i started noticing every review about VW's or Audi's gave them horrible reliability ratings.
I like VW's quite a bit (Some of them... well, pretty much the Passat... and the occasional Jetta), German engineering is pretty awesome.. they take a lot of pride and care in their auto's. BUT, reliability is a big thing.

My dad has had VERY bad luck with his Passat... nice car, but expensive parts. He's had a lot of trouble with the electrical system. It's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks... the car is originally from Canada, so the part the keep ordering is wrong(guess the American and Canadian models are different electrically). They ordered the American part... noticed it was wrong... so they ordered it again... realized they needed the Canadian part... ordered it... as soon as it arrived... they plugged it in and it fried itself or something like that. then They ordered an American part again. That's where it stands now. Goofy Hoe bags.

Last edited by USMCFieldMP; 11-16-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

yeah i gave them my two cents lol.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by impulseballer
yeah i gave them my two cents lol.
I saw, But its very true. Too many people stoop to a childish level and say things like, SloBalt, CavBalt, Cobalier, etc... I love when the CIVIC owners tell me "Its just a POS Cavalier." I can't help but laugh. Civic's calling other crappy... HAHA.

I was cruising the other day, windows down, Music crankin'. And some guy in a 02 Mustang GT pulls up next to me with his Girlfriend. I can tell he's got exhaust done.
"HEY"
I turn down music and reply, "Whats up?"
"I see you got your Coffee Can Exhaust installed."
"Well, I call it GM Performance Exhaust... but you can call it what you want."
"Haha... Performance!? Since when have Cavaliers had anything to do with Performance? that coffee can won't make you any faster!"
I just smiled and turned up the Music.

I didn't plan on Racing him... but he set it up perfect... Light turned green and he gave it a little gas to Squeal the tires and roar the exhaust... but he stayed pretty slow at around 30mph... so when I caught up I was perfect in 2nd, and it was an area that the city had just redone with fresh Blacktop (AWESOME connectability!). I got up next to him, he nailed it and I followed. I think I pulled a good 2 or 3 cars by 100mph, despite having to catch up. (Cobalt 1 - Mustang 0). And then we got stopped by another light. Side by side again... I hit mute...
"Hey Sweetie, You wanna come ride in a REAL car?"
THAT pissed him off! But she smiled, tried to conceal it but I saw it. (Cobalt 2 - Mustang 0)
So when this light turns green, he punches it... as do I... PERFECT launch... probably a 2.0 sec 60'. Massacre, When I shifted to 3rd I decided to rub it in... so I lifted my hand up... and opened my sunroof... then Waved. It was awesome. (Cobalt 3 - mustang 0)

Sorry to make i so long... but it was a good time. And his Gf was Hott.

Last edited by USMCFieldMP; 11-16-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:22 PM

lol...the point was, if you like it who cares.

my interior is pretty plain too but i love it. come on, when people start ripping on your interior it basically means they have nothing else to rip on, so take it as a compliment.
x2

In terms of my reliability, I've yet to have it in for service for anything major, just one problem with the rear armrest not locking in place. Almost one year old with 9,500 miles. I'm pleased with my purchase.

Would have gotten the GTI, but it didn't have as much space to haul **** back and forth to school.. so I'm hoping the 2008 Schirocco comes to the US so I can have my fun car

On a side note, I'm glad the respect is given to the cobalt from VW owners and vise versa.. I'm glad when we can all get along!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
I like VW's quite a bit (Some of them... well, pretty much the Passat... and the occasional Jetta), German engineering is pretty awesome.. they take a lot of pride and care in their auto's. BUT, reliability is a big thing.

My dad has had VERY bad luck with his Passat... nice car, but expensive parts. He's had a lot of trouble with the electrical system. It's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks... the car is originally from Canada, so the part the keep ordering is wrong(guess the American and Canadian models are different electrically). They ordered the American part... noticed it was wrong... so they ordered it again... realized they needed the Canadian part... ordered it... as soon as it arrived... they plugged it in and it fried itself or something like that. then They ordered an American part again. That's where it stands now. Goofy Hoe bags.
I had some guy comment on my "fart can" twice. Once when my exhaust was stock and once with my GMPP. It's not a fart can you jack asses!

Lol, Nice. Should have tried to get her number!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by leviticus88
I had some guy comment on my "fart can" twice. Once when my exhaust was stock and once with my GMPP. It's not a fart can you jack asses!

Lol, Nice. Should have tried to get her number!

lol mine actually kinda looks like a fart can sadly. i had someone in an accord v6 roll down his window at a light once and say, "ha i've never seen a mustang with a fart can." i revved it and the window went back up. LOL.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
I really like the GTI but hatches are my thing. 2.0T with DSG is pretty badass. But im glad they know they're place.
Your glad they know they're place? You do know your car stock runs mid-low 14s, and gti's run high 14s, thats not that big of a difference.

Ferrari>cobaltss, incase you didnt know
Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think what p7x meant was that they know they are a bit slower than us. Don't get pissed off.

Quick Reply: cobalt ss vs gti mkv