War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS vs SRT4 vs Altima SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt SS vs SRT4 vs Altima SE

It was about 12am last night, and I was cruising down rt 1 by my house. Bored to tears, and looking for someone to "mess around with" on the road. You see for some ungodly reason I have yet to really get a chance to race someone except my boys mustang v6 and that was just an embarassment.

So anyway I am making a u-turn on the highway to head back the other way and an nice and shiny Black SRT4 and a 2003+ Altima (stock dual exhaust ones) shot by me. I am like FINALLY, somebody to play with. Windows down and system pumping I catch up to them.

So we each end up in a lane and kinda of even it out around 35 - 40mph and the altima rips its. The SRT4 (which I doubt was stock cause the thing was so loud it was sexy) broke off like lightening. Not one to be out done I drop into 2nd and I am off. I follow the SRT4 up to about 80 where we both back off. At the point the Altima is pretty far back. I roll up to the srt4 and give him a smile and a wave and hes like Wooooohhh and breaks off again, so I give chase and we fly up to 95 - 100 and drop back to 40 -50. It wasn't really racing (well with the altima it was) I knew that I didn't have a chance againt him. So we just played around with each up. We slow up into some traffic, and I yell to him hey man nice car, and he replied the same. I see an opening in the traffic and go for it he follows close behind but gets stuck behind another car. So I am in an open lane and I am cruising around 35-40mph waitting for him to get around the car that was blocking him. He swings around him and rips it about 3-4 car lenghts behind me. I drop to 2nd again and I am off with only about 2 cars lenghts in between us. I wouldn't say he was walking on me hard... but I am pretty sure he would have caught up around 85+mph, had I not had to slow down for my exit. Anyway as he was about to pass I wave my arm out the window, he responds with another wooohooo a smile and then rips off again down the road.

These cobalt ss's are a frigging blast. I totally agree that the str4 ppl and the ss ppl need to work together to rid the world of rice (and fords lol).

Thanks for listening to my night, I just wanted to share one of the few none -BS- str4 stories.

-Rich
Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 AM

silly altima....
Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Banned

nice runs
Old 08-16-2005, 11:06 AM

where are you at in jersey?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:50 AM

Central Jersey... Middlesex County
Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 AM

Great story, but why in God's name do people have to work together to get rid of the rice? I don't understand how you car being a domestic is any better than something made outside the US?

In fact, your cars very existence is directly tied to the popularity of the Asian import. A 4 cylinder turbo/super charged car was made popular by foreign cars. The bottom line being, just because your car was made on US soil, doesn't make it any less rice than something from Japan. The cars design is essentially Japanese, ported to an American platform.’

Classic American speed is Muscle, and the Neon and the Cobalt are far from Muscle cars.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:58 AM

nice run man
Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

a altima Ser could give ya a run for your money i seen one on streetfire (stock) beat a 6speed 350z (w/ intake and exhaust) from a stop
Old 08-29-2005, 11:53 AM

Nice im in jersey to, but my car is fucked up wait till I get it back. I also agree with the working out of srt's and ss's.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:10 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pkskull77
Great story, but why in God's name do people have to work together to get rid of the rice? I don't understand how you car being a domestic is any better than something made outside the US?

In fact, your cars very existence is directly tied to the popularity of the Asian import. A 4 cylinder turbo/super charged car was made popular by foreign cars. The bottom line being, just because your car was made on US soil, doesn't make it any less rice than something from Japan. The cars design is essentially Japanese, ported to an American platform.’

Classic American speed is Muscle, and the Neon and the Cobalt are far from Muscle cars.
I think what they mean is they want to get rid of "ricers" (morons), not necessarily 'rice' (asian imports) which may (depending on your definition) include the Acura RSX-S, which produces 200+ bhp N/A.

Europe was turbocharging and supercharing cars even before there was an asian auto market. I would agree our cars are heavily influenced by the import (asian) market, but not directly tied.