War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt Vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounded to me like he let the Evo get ahead of him on purpose just to show that he could pull on him from a roll, even from a head start. Notice how the Cobalt was about to pass him in the beginning and then let up, and then put the power back on and made the awesome pass. Or, maybe the Cobalts sweetspot kicked in later

I would still like to see a video of these two from a dead stop in the 1/4 mile. One with the Cobalt stock and another video with the Cobalt modded. Just to see the difference.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
hey correct me if im wrong but... in the video i could swear that when the Evo pulls ahead for a sec, i hear the Cobalt let off and then get back on it, at which time the Cobalt reels the Evo back in... does anyone else hear it? if this is the case then the Cobalt was just playing with this Evo. not too bad! maybe im just hearing it wrong though...
awww common mines better..............did you see how close that race was for like 2 and a half gears? If your playing with some one it doesn't take you till over 120 to finally pass them. you could almost do it at will maybe 2 to 3 seconds of full throttle after letting off to pass them again. And the cobalt didn't "let off" The Evo's gearing was kicking his ass for a little. It's hard to tell how some of those close races with an AWD car like an Evo or sti is ganna pan out cause they pull soooo hard for there first three gears or two if its from a roll.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by trobin44
It sounded to me like he let the Evo get ahead of him on purpose just to show that he could pull on him from a roll, even from a head start. Notice how the Cobalt was about to pass him in the beginning and then let up, and then put the power back on and made the awesome pass. Or, maybe the Cobalts sweetspot kicked in later

I would still like to see a video of these two from a dead stop in the 1/4 mile. One with the Cobalt stock and another video with the Cobalt modded. Just to see the difference.
keep thinking that......You know what bdwarr is reading all this stuff why don't we let him answer all these speculations with some facts of how the race went down. Cause I feel like there was little info to the story. He said all the evo had was a flash. Those are good for about 40 WHP on an evo.Thats would put the Evo's WHP almost the same as the cobalts if the cobalt had 270WHP. But I swear the evo had a turbo back in that vid please correct me if im wronge, which would put it closer to 300whp and a hefty amount more TQ almost, about 50 more than the cobalts making. So how did the cobalt win you say? I say that the Evo had only a turboback and no reflash. Unless the thread maker bdwarr6 comes on here an makes sense of all this.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
Here is some video, I will add more but im downloading them from my phone now.

here is the first

http://www.indybalts.com/videos/evo1.3gp

This is for all you evo lovers, watch it get owned
I watched and seen an EVO, but not the car it was racing!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:00 PM

I thought I posted this here, It might have been on the local forum. He beat me about as much as I beat him differnt starts I had different advanges. Until he got pissed and started from 1st going about 40 I won about every race, once he started starting in 1st ( I dont know how he did, but he did) He raped my ass. I have learned the cobalt has a very very short first gear. Overall I beat him 2 times from 2nd gear he was in 3rd beat him from 2nd when he was in 2nd once he beat me once he was in first i was in second he beat me by about 5 cars once(missed 3rd) other time beat me by about 1 car. from a dead stop we didnt do it was to wet and we all knew awd ownz FWD.

the flash adds hp but what kinda tq does it add?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun280
awww common mines better..............did you see how close that race was for like 2 and a half gears? If your playing with some one it doesn't take you till over 120 to finally pass them. you could almost do it at will maybe 2 to 3 seconds of full throttle after letting off to pass them again. And the cobalt didn't "let off" The Evo's gearing was kicking his ass for a little. It's hard to tell how some of those close races with an AWD car like an Evo or sti is ganna pan out cause they pull soooo hard for there first three gears or two if its from a roll.
darksun, chill dude! not everyone is tryin to start something up here... do you fail to read the parts of posts that say, "i could be wrong" ? im just mentioning something i heard in the video, and i asked about it. other people saw/heard the same thing obviously and you bashed us all man. if you didnt hear it then great, say so, but you act like people are complete morons if they dont think like you do...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this post is stupid now. nothing but arguing. roll racing is stupid. i'm tired of looking at this thread.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
this post is stupid now. nothing but arguing. roll racing is stupid. i'm tired of looking at this thread.
Well im about done with it too at this point cause it seems anytime I post anything theres crying on the net right after it.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a random post but here it is anyway. When someone posts a "kill" there's usually ALWAYS someone to say BS. This is why some people, who have the luxury (I don't have a video camera) can take videos of their "kills". Now, I don't understand how some of you people try to argue/disprove what happened in the video (unless you knew it was edited, but i dont know why someone would spend all that time doing that just for a lousey 30 second video). For instance, roll racing. Some of you dispise (idk how to spell that) roll racing, but some don't. Let it be. If you don't like it, FINE. Don't try to argue and try to change other peoples opinions if they don't want to change them.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
This is a random post but here it is anyway. When someone posts a "kill" there's usually ALWAYS someone to say BS. This is why some people, who have the luxury (I don't have a video camera) can take videos of their "kills". Now, I don't understand how some of you people try to argue/disprove what happened in the video (unless you knew it was edited, but i dont know why someone would spend all that time doing that just for a lousey 30 second video). For instance, roll racing. Some of you dispise (idk how to spell that) roll racing, but some don't. Let it be. If you don't like it, FINE. Don't try to argue and try to change other peoples opinions if they don't want to change them.
Well it is kinda random cause nobodies arguing if the video is real or not. I could care less if he was beating an evo or an Aveo. I never called bs on his race or care too. I'm for the most part bitching cause I wanna know what kinda hp numbers him and the car he raced put down or get an Idea cause i wanna know how good that intense kit really is. Most of the people complaining are doing so cause they think people like me are bashing his kill when thats hardly the case. But nobodies seeming to realize the fact that i care more about the kit and what it can do. And it just so happens that this kid has that kit and posted a video so im asking him questions about the kit essentially. If he posted a vid of him beating the evo and he said he was stock I wouldn't even post in this thread. I would chalk it up as what ever and go read other threads. But since im intrested in the Intense kit heres where I'am and heres where i'm posting.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:46 PM

Didnt he say he was putting down 270 to the wheels?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:47 PM

And i wasnt blaming you for that stuff i posted. Just people in general.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wasey13
High 13s??? How do you figure? M3s with RWD 333hp run 13.1s and weigh 3400lbs. EVOs without AWD will weigh what?? 3000-3100lbs? They have 286hp... with the right tires they could break 12s. But we are only speaking hypethetical so we could both be wrong.
Well I'll tell you right now that what you are saying is pretty far off. You're putting too much focus on weight, even a couple hundred pounds is not going to bring the Evo from a high 13 second car (if it was RWD) to a low 13 second car. A RWD Evo would be running no better than high 13's.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
Well I'll tell you right now that what you are saying is pretty far off. You're putting too much focus on weight, even a couple hundred pounds is not going to bring the Evo from a high 13 second car (if it was RWD) to a low 13 second car. A RWD Evo would be running no better than high 13's.
Stock EVO's run low 13 in the 1/4 mile!

PS hole sheet man you have been on here less then 20 days and you have 500+ posts.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomt5078
Stock EVO's run low 13 in the 1/4 mile!

PS hole sheet man you have been on here less then 20 days and you have 500+ posts.
Man you need to slow down and read. First of all, I haven't been on here "less than 20 days", I've been a member since 12/13/2004. In case you didn't notice, thats last year.

Second of all, I know the EVO runs the 1/4 mile in the low 13's. We were talking about what an EVO would run of it was RWD instead of AWD, and I said it would run high 13's - which it would.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Banned

It depends on the tires. Weight does play a big part. A RWD EVO with the right tires could cut the same 60ft. as an AWD model. Now with the same 60ft. and less weight, do you think the top end will be slower or faster for the RWD EVO compared to the AWD EVO???? So how will it only be a high 13sec. car???
Old 12-30-2005, 10:02 PM

Man you need to slow down and read. First of all, I haven't been on here "less than 20 days", I've been a member since 12/13/2004. In case you didn't notice, thats last year.

Second of all, I know the EVO runs the 1/4 mile in the low 13's. We were talking about what an EVO would run of it was RWD instead of AWD, and I said it would run high 13's - which it would.
WOW you are correct, SORRY!

Now I see why your a SR. member also.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

It depends on the tires. Weight does play a big part. A RWD EVO with the right tires could cut the same 60ft. as an AWD model. Now with the same 60ft. and less weight, do you think the top end will be slower or faster for the RWD EVO compared to the AWD EVO???? So how will it only be a high 13sec. car???
We're talking stock here. Drag radials/slicks are a whole 'nother ballgame. Bottom line is the EVO is only a low 13 second car with a high RPM AWD launch, if you launch from a low RPM its going to run a high 13. Thats the reason I say it would only run a high 13 if it was RWD.

Originally Posted by tomt5078
WOW you are correct, SORRY!

Now I see why your a SR. member also.
No problem, just read a little more carefully next time
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Banned

We're talking stock here. Drag radials/slicks are a whole 'nother ballgame. Bottom line is the EVO is only a low 13 second car with a high RPM AWD launch, if you launch from a low RPM its going to run a high 13. Thats the reason I say it would only run a high 13 if it was RWD.
We are not talking about stock we are talking a RWD EVO. With the stock tires yeah you are right a RWD EVO is a mid to high 13sec. car. But if you put some 255-265 series tires not drag radials or slicks in the back then it will be the same or faster, more in likely the latter.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Banned

You guys are right, my bad. I was thinking more in the lines of some of the other AWD cars DSMs, skylines, etc.
http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/trp_898.mpeg
http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/recordrun.mpg
http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/...NHRA_Uncut.avi NWS
Old 01-14-2006, 01:24 AM

Why isnt the link working anymore?