War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cops love the SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops love the SS

OK here is the story me and a buddy are at a redlight and we turn left i get behind the car in the right lane about 3 car lenght behind the whole time my buddy pulls up beside me in his rsx type s we are going around 40mhp in a 35 zone and all of a sudden we see blue light my buddy gets scared and turn left for what reason i don't know but i continue to the parking lot will the cop goes after him andwhen i get to the parking lot a cop tells me to follow him so i do so. will he take me to where the rsx-s and ask for my lensince and i ask what for and he said i HERED you street racing and he seen us slow down beside each other andhit the brakes when he hit his light. i am like WTF . how do you here someone street racing i have a stock exhaust and so does he.the officer then tell me to shut up he doesnt want to here it. by this point i dont know what is going on i got told to shut up twice by the cop. i called my parents because i felt like i was threathen and when they get there the cop starts lieing to them saying we both said we was going over 40mph.will then cop ask my to sign a summons to go to court willi told him i am not signing it until he here what i got to say will that didnt work he said sign it or go to jail. i sign it anyways.i just dont understand how we was street racing 1. the was a car in front of me the whole time 2.we wasnt speeding we was going with traffic 3.how do you here someone speeding. 4.he didnt get it on radar as if he need it to. sorry for the long story but what do you guys think will happen in court.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He has to show up and prove it. Problem is, if the judge is as redneck as this guy sounds, they may be in cahoots and you may be screwed.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM

i wouldnt have signed the summons i would have said get me a lawyer and if you need to put me in jail so i can sue your ass down the road for wrongful accusations and damaging my name.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
360 L337 User

i agree. i'd pe pissing on the floor next to the ******* in a holding sell right now if this happened to me.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 PM

id be in the cell with you... i wouldnt have signed anything
Old 08-21-2006, 02:26 PM

You actually need to go to court. i had a similar experience here in florida. i used to drive a pontiac firehawk and was at a light next to a acura rsx. we pulled off of a light and both did not even break the speed limit (which was 45 mph) a cop pulled him over and another pulled me over. when i asked what i did (i had a radar detector and new he hadn't even tried to gun me) he said i heard you racing. i asked to see the radar proving i was speeding, he said he never gunned me. he then proceeded to show me that (and i'm sure this is the same in your state) as per the state statute drag racing says nothing about speed it means basically that you took off too fast from the light. (i got 3 tickets drag racing, improper start and no proof of insurance, which was funny cause i had just bought the car and had my old insurance cards i just had not received my new cards yet) I had the cop write on the ticket that i was not speeding, never broke the speed limit and that my traction control was on. needless to say when i went to court the judge looked at the ticket and laughed. He had never heard of a cop issuing a ticket for drag racing where the car was not speeding. then he asked to see my car, after we went out he basically threw out all the charged except for the insurance card (which i just had to pay 5$ and show my insurance card). The best thing to do is consult a lawyer or get a copy of the statute. good luck
Old 08-21-2006, 02:26 PM
360 L337 User

no ****. i don't know where the hell whyethville is but in Pa those accusations are grounds for you losing your liscense for a long time. "LOCK ME UP PIG"
Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 PM

My husband took my car on a business trip & got a speeding ticket on the way home. He was in fact speeding, but not as fast as the ticket says, but that is a whole different story. The cop actually told my husband that he thought he was the local guy with a yellow supercharger cobalt. He even told my husband he had given the other guy a ticket a couple of weeks ago for drag racing. My husband told the cop that he was just passing slower traffic. So bascially my husband claims that he was profiled because he was in a yellow cobalt. My husband blames the ticket on some dude in Baton Rouge with a yellow ss/sc for his ticket. I guess he is kinda right though, the cop has it in for the other guy.....
Old 08-21-2006, 03:02 PM

you cannot actually go to jail. they can "detain" you for 24 hours but other then that, the cop is pretty much powerless in that situation. If anything, you should tell the judge how the cop treated you and how he FORCED you to sign the papers.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:45 PM

i just found out today that the cop that pulled me and my friend over loses 70% of his cases in court because of lack of evdents. A lawyer cost $500 here in wytheville. bythe wytheville is in Virginia.near roanoke or Virginia Tech. But we are going to file a complain agaist the cop tomorrow
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 PM

go for it, I hate viginia pigs, Gave me a ticket because I had a 2 chamber Flowmaster on my '02 Z24, said it was too loud, but mucsle cars, Harleys, and crotch rockets(didn't get any tickets on mine for loud exhaust)are 2-3 times louder and they don't get ****. WTF?!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 AM

This post is another good reason to get rid of the giant wing on the back of the SS/SC. I'll bet the cost of professionally removing the wing and going for a "plain jane" look pays for itself in less tickets.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 AM

**** that ...i with R33p3r...i would be in a cell.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM

i would not have signed ****....that cop was in a bad mood...i live in VA and they hate any sports cars...he must not have been laid in a while....i would have been in the cell and made his life a living....well his life lol.=hell
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SS4speed
i just found out today that the cop that pulled me and my friend over loses 70% of his cases in court because of lack of evdents. A lawyer cost $500 here in wytheville. bythe wytheville is in Virginia.near roanoke or Virginia Tech. But we are going to file a complain agaist the cop tomorrow
Why would you pay for a lawyer for this? You get one for free. It sounds like this guy is an idiot if he loses that many cases. You'll be fine.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin
Why would you pay for a lawyer for this? You get one for free. It sounds like this guy is an idiot if he loses that many cases. You'll be fine.

actually a right to the attorney as per sixth amendment states that you have right to counsel but The right to have assistance of counsel requires individual states to appoint attorneys for indigent defendants in criminal cases. Gideon v. Wainwright, 83 S. Ct. 792 (1963). However, there are two important limitations on this right to an appointed attorney. First, the right to an attorney does not attach until the formal initiation of criminal proceedings by complaint, indictment or information. Kirby v. Illinois, 406 U.S. 682, 689 (1972). Second, all states and the federal government have some type of cost recoupment system that allows states and the federal government to recover from indigent defendants some of the costs of providing counsel to them.
key word you have to be indigent unable to provide an attorney by your own means.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Man that cop is one ass backwards hick
Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 PM

IMPORTANT10 bucks says he doesn't show in court. Another 10 says the judge throws it out because you will bring in a recording of your car driving at normal speed and ask the cop to tell you exactly how fast you are going in the recording. Once he can't... you get off. No reason for the lawyer...

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.

Last edited by BallsoutBalt; 09-06-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
no ****. i don't know where the hell whyethville is but in Pa those accusations are grounds for you losing your liscense for a long time. "LOCK ME UP PIG"

lol i just did 48 hours in the 15th 2 weeks ago.....driving in my cavalier they thought it was stolen..he said it looks like the vin has been moved!
Old 09-06-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin

what free lawyer?? a public pretender
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Ahh yet another reason why i ****** hate cops.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM

This is exactly the same **** they pulled on me last week

Except they called my parents instead of making me go to court

Edit: The only difference is, they didnt pull over the kid i was "racing"
Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
cMw

typical of cops...
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM

i always wonder why they pull over people with loud sound systems but totally ignore the harleys and choppers that make your ears ring when they drive by. I guess cop school is where you go when you cant hack a real job.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:38 AM

You dont know any lawyers at all like none of your friends parents are lawyers? If you do know one they might help out there sons or daughters friend for free. Two of my good friends parents are lawyers and thats what Id do.

Quick Reply: Cops love the SS