War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k20s gain better improvements with just an exhaust than a 2.4...

chevy>honda is true but not when it comes to a 2.4 and a SI.

SI is a better car all around.

this guy is a liar and is just plain stupid.

he thinks that to switch a cobalt to RWD is easy.

that should be enough for you all to realize hes a noob.

atleast mtbrent did a M62. i give props to the SC 2.4s but not the NA 2.4s

new civic SI vs 2.4 cobalt ss civic wins hands down from a roll.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 AM

Chevy has some nice 4cyl engines but i'd take a Cammed K20 over the LNF anyday
Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2MCHBoost
Chevy has some nice 4cyl engines but i'd take a Cammed K20 over the LNF anyday
ITB K20's are ftmfw
Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Banned

I just dont know what to believe. :sigh:
Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im saying hondata/kpro, semi cold motor (otherwise vtech will not engage), sea level + temp... there are so many iissues that can be tied in... but video says it all, its all stock from looks... but kpro or hondata u cant see
Old 07-08-2009, 05:28 AM

CHILDREN, CHILDREN! y r we arguing based on manufacturer claims??? We all kno the HP claims r far from actual dyno proven power! Now, the 2.4 has more displacement so it SHOULD generate more tq than a 2.0, next torque will bring quicker acceleration off the line but then, the higher revving Hon-DUH 2.0 will gen higher HP and IN THEORY win the stretch. At a determined distance of course. But factor in car condition, driver etc.-it's n e 1's race...LSJ smoke BOTH them MF's is all i kno
Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by musifreak190
haha well their old pics that was 2 weeks after i bought it back in 07 the car is different now, new head/tail lights no red chevy decals no matter what ne 1 says i know its not a bad looking ls and the only people that seem to not like it is.....................honda owners and their is plenty of them in my town hahaha

and everyone thinks i have exhaust (even ricers lol) and they think i have a v6? the car does sound good I let my friend drive it and i was like wow pos actually does sound kinda cool INJEN ALL DAY
Wow. Anyone know how old this member is? ^^^^

Originally Posted by Zander916
New Si's are capable of 14.7 on a good day with an excellent driver. Most of the time you'll see 15 flat or there about.
Actually the fastest documented time for a completely stock Si is 14.29 or something like that.

Originally Posted by @nt1ric3-420$$
CHILDREN, CHILDREN! y r we arguing based on manufacturer claims??? We all kno the HP claims r far from actual dyno proven power! Now, the 2.4 has more displacement so it SHOULD generate more tq than a 2.0, next torque will bring quicker acceleration off the line but then, the higher revving Hon-DUH 2.0 will gen higher HP and IN THEORY win the stretch. At a determined distance of course. But factor in car condition, driver etc.-it's n e 1's race...LSJ smoke BOTH them MF's is all i kno
You also have to factor in gearing. I'm not sure if the 2.4 SS came with it but the Si has helical LSD which should up the advantage in launching a couple points if the 2.4 does put out more torque. Also, the 06+ Sis have the electronic throttle or "fly-by-wire" so there IS hesitation when you go instantly go WOT. It sucks, but either way the Si will win with equal drivers.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:17 AM

I have a fix for this! I will find the guy again and I will make a video! It's probably going to be with a camera phone because thats all I got.

Btw, **** you joemama. I am not a ******* liar you piece of ****, go choke on dick ******.

Back on topic. The only way that Si in the video did that without seeing any mods would be with an intake and that Kpro crap everyone keeps talking about on the PERFECT day.

Our run was from like 20+ so the torque didn't really matter. I was behind him at first then pulled off to the side and slowly VERY slowly crept past his passenger door and I didnt have a chance to get past the front bumper before we let off.

I understand lots of you like Si's and they are good cars but please be realistic with some of these things, I'm putting down every word of truth so this can make sense to you guys somehow.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Si is a faster car than the LE5 Cobalt

Period

Stock for stock, the Si is a good race for the Supercharged car.

Period

Get over it.

And the next person who:

1. Talks about Hondas being slow because they have no torque
2. Quote Carrol Shelby

Is personally getting falcon punched in the dick
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

I believe BULLETSSMOKE that he beat the Si. He just got lucky and ran into a noob. Haha
Old 07-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have beaten a few new SI's with my old LE5 Cobalt that was completely bolted and tuned with a fairly aggressive tune, but there is no way stock for stock it is even a decent race.

We are talking about a car that traps 7 mph faster.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by beefy Si

Actually the fastest documented time for a completely stock Si is 14.29 or something like that.

Yes fastest documented. But how often does that happen? Not often, not stock. I'm in no way saying it didn't happen or can't be possible. I'm just saying that's unusual. MOST of the time it's high 14's / low 15's. (I owned it's cousin the RSX-S)
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zander916
Yes fastest documented. But how often does that happen? Not often, not stock. I'm in no way saying it didn't happen or can't be possible. I'm just saying that's unusual. MOST of the time it's high 14's / low 15's. (I owned it's cousin the RSX-S)
Agreed.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM

say what you want about the si being stock, the time is doable based on the best documented time, BUT the trap speed is hard to believe, its 4mph higher than an si with an excellent run. thats like saying a stock ss/sc will run a 13.9-14.0 @ 103-104
Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Hondas are more reliable than Chevy's in the long run. Sorry for the harsh truth to all the Chevy fanboi's.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by burnrubr88
Hondas are more reliable than Chevy's in the long run. Sorry for the harsh truth to all the Chevy fanboi's.
no argument there
Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 PM

no argument at all. better resale value definitely. but toyota still reigns number 1 for right now.

i dont see how the Si would be a good run for a stock SS Supercharged being that it has at least 20 more whp but I could be wrong since I dont own one. The one I raced I just realized was a sedan, if that makes any difference with weight or anything else.

I do see, however, that a stock Si vs a stock 2.4 that the 2.4 would lose. I believe I had slightly more mods than him but you never know. Like I said I'll ask him and see what he's got but first I have to find him! lol

There is no n00b driving in a 20-110 race really, you just max out and shift each time. He knew what was up as soon as I started tailgating him and messing with him.

cant wait for round 2.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM

Again, some more of the "truth hurts for the fanboi's" info....

Imports > Domestics in almost every aspect overall.

Yes Toyota's are king and they have a right to be. They make amazing machines, as do honda.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Please elaborate...
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Fail Less.

Originally Posted by joemama
exactly what the guy above me said.

your a 2.4 not a lsj. whats your times on 2.4s?

SI's are pretty fast from a roll.

I raced 08 si with a header,exhaust intake and hondata when i was a stage 2 and CA and got beat by like 2 cars..

those things hall ass and your car cant.

he has more power stock and your mods dont push you over the 200 mark like his exhuast will him
stage 2 and lost by 2 cars to a i/h/e/tune Si? You sir, FAIL.
My friend has exactly those mods and he could only hang with me. I still had a car on him from after a 40-100 roll. I had a stage 2 pulley with a custom tune. You should atleast have been at his bumper.

Last edited by Bika; 07-09-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Please elaborate...
I will help out. I did see a special that NBC (I think) did on safety / quality / fuel efficiency tests between import and domestic vehicles. It was pretty much ridiculing American made cars and saying they have ALOT of catching up to do. Which is true. Here is an article I found which was quite interesting:

http://autos.aol.com/article/import-...ic-car-quality
Old 07-08-2009, 03:53 PM

I will help out. I did see a special that NBC (I think) did on safety / quality / fuel efficiency tests between import and domestic vehicles. It was pretty much ridiculing American made cars and saying they have ALOT of catching up to do. Which is true. Here is an article I found which was quite interesting:

really? thats not what JD power says

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...spx?ID=2009108

Again, some more of the "truth hurts for the fanboi's" info....

Yes Toyota's are king and they have a right to be. They make amazing machines, as do honda.
in terms of hybrids and quality maybe

in terms of performance...imports (JDM) only as the STI/EVO/370 which are all priced to not sell many numbers lol

Last edited by Projekt; 07-08-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
really? thats not what JD power says

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...spx?ID=2009108

in terms of hybrids and quality maybe

in terms of performance...imports (JDM) only as the STI/EVO/370 which are all priced to not sell many numbers lol
That special was about a year ago. It's good that they are improving. That's what they need. But that article doesn't say anything about them being superior to the import manufacturers quality. I think they still build higher quality vehicles overall.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM

That special was about a year ago. It's good that they are improving. That's what they need. But that article doesn't say anything about them being superior to the import manufacturers quality. I think they still build higher quality vehicles overall.
i didnt say that, i just think saying "ridicule american manufactures" is not at all accurate
Old 07-08-2009, 03:59 PM

I didn't see anywhere in that article where it said import cars were superior at anything, except MAYBE the efficiency of their quality control... but the only time there was a quality problem mentioned, none of the domestic vehicles left the factory.

No facts and a perspective from just ONE random guy? Fluff piece.

Quick Reply: CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si