War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Projekt
i didnt say that, i just think saying "ridicule american manufactures" is not at all accurate
Well thats what I saw and that's what they were doing on the special. There were quite a few vehicles involved in the testing. And let's just say, I got the point rather quickly.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by joemama
exactly what the guy above me said.

your a 2.4 not a lsj. whats your times on 2.4s?

SI's are pretty fast from a roll.

I raced 08 si with a header,exhaust intake and hondata when i was a stage 2 and CA and got beat by like 2 cars..

those things hall ass and your car cant.

he has more power stock and your mods dont push you over the 200 mark like his exhuast will him
totally off topic here, but change your ******* sig.

You were not even here a year and a half ago. You were not even here a year ago.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
totally off topic here, but change your ******* sig.

You were not even here a year and a half ago. You were not even here a year ago.
who made you boss around here?

Say, does Clovis have a Buddy Holly museum? I live somewhat by you and what to get out there...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
who made you boss around here?

Say, does Clovis have a Buddy Holly museum? I live somewhat by you and what to get out there...
oh I am not boss, but the guy is calling out another mmber for something that happend like two years ago, when he was not even a member. pretty douchetastic if you ask me.

and I think they do, I knwo its some kind of musem, I just have never had any interest in it. Let me do a little checking and I will get back to you on it
Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
oh I am not boss, but the guy is calling out another mmber for something that happend like two years ago, when he was not even a member. pretty douchetastic if you ask me.

and I think they do, I knwo its some kind of musem, I just have never had any interest in it. Let me do a little checking and I will get back to you on it
If you can check into for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I can usually be found in the New Mexico Cobalt thread...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 PM

If you can check into for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I can usually be found in the New Mexico Cobalt thread...
yeah no worries. gimme a bit though, I am making courtsey calls
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 AM

rainmaker i dont believe i have ever been any way rude towards you. I would atleast like to be treated the same way. The sig is there because people who steal deserve to have it known by all. if it bugs you that much i can take it down since i put it up there a long long time ago.

but back to topic. a aftermarket tune and stage 2 pulley will give you more power than just a stage 2 kit.

so you sir FAIL.

and to OP your a noob your mods wont push you to the HP a stock si has.

think of it this way.

you turbo your car and turbo a civic si with the same kit which one will win?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rainmaker i dont believe i have ever been any way rude towards you. I would atleast like to be treated the same way. The sig is there because people who steal deserve to have it known by all. if it bugs you that much i can take it down since i put it up there a long long time ago.

but back to topic. a aftermarket tune and stage 2 pulley will give you more power than just a stage 2 kit.

so you sir FAIL.

and to OP your a noob your mods wont push you to the HP a stock si has.

think of it this way.

you turbo your car and turbo a civic si with the same kit which one will win?
doesnt matter what you say. i still won. and ill prove it to your civic humping self.

i think that were at least 100 pounds lighter than the civics too.

if i turbod my car then i would win then too because i would mod my car more than just a turbo and i dont drive a honda and know nothing about my car and say that i can beat Mustangs and Camaros all day like most of you Civic drivers do.
"OMG I have VTACK i will PWN you once it kicks in also because my civic hatch is so ******* light i can destroy anything in straight line from a roll and around turns and ****. god i love my K motor!"
Old 07-09-2009, 02:02 AM

your just showing how noob you are.

most hatches dont have k series swaps for one..

and most turbo'd hatches can beat mustangs and camaros.. same with most k series swap hatches.

you know you lost or are lying all together.

the civic si is a better car than the 2.4 ss.

and i dont own a honda anymore i just know there are retards like you out there.

k series engines are better than your LE5...

my thing about a turbo swap was simply to show you they do better with mods than your engine does.

your just a noob go make your car RWD already.
since its so easy it should probably only take you a week or so.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 AM

YEH, u gotta admit the K20 is a better machine than 2.4SS. Alot more potential either cus the bigger aftermarket support or just plainly better engineering. They DO hav years on GM in 4cyl developnment. 2.4 was a new venture 4 GM, seems like they wanted 2 mimic the nissan 2.5 SE-R with that 1.
WHAT A SUBJECT. Its like these cars r SO similar yet so different still. GM comes in 2 compete in this segment and brings some interesting products, but they r still economy cars @ heart. Japan bulids a 4cyl 4u to beat the **** out of it! Small yet efficient, rev high to squeeze as many ponies as possible. Aftermarket gives it a turbo and it capitalizes the potential of its design(high rev) High winding+turbo is a match made in heaven.
Now traditionaly American cars use brute force, as all things American. We usualy hav V8s; low rpm, low end torque. In theory V8 has a faster power cycle, DRAW, COMPRESS, IGNITE, EXPELL. One turn of the crank, 1 power cycle. 4CYL has 2 work 2ce as hard to produce a power cycle cus its HALF the cylinders, hence, they design them 2 spin faster. (2 turns of the crankshaft) So the Japs put all their effort into small displacement engineering to project a sense of smaller, more efficient products. And they HAVE been successful at it obviously, but is it still as efficient as their prestige suggests given the fact it has to spin twice as fast 2 produce ONE power cycle? Internal Combustion engines are GROSSLY INEFFICIENT by design. A large part of energy is lost in heat dissipation. Thats why turbos r so popular nowadays. They recycle the lost energy in heat form and use it to produce power. A type of "imperfect" Perpetual motion machine. But of course that **** doesnt exist and the result is more problems than u started with! Turbos produce ALOT of heat that is also dispursed at its surroundings and must be accompanied by extensive heat management, intercoolers 2 say the least, if u even INTEND on squeezing any longevity out of that engine.
So back 2 American 4cyl's. We dont really build race inspired cars, anymore, often...We make these 2 sell 2 the general public 2 commute. They dont really intend to cater 2 performance enthusiasts like they did in the 60's. WHY? Look what they did back then!!! Street race-that was the beggining, drag race, race toward cliffs, at each other, ram/crash cars ETC ETC...ALL **** that made the law enforce seat belts and all the **** that came afterward. Point is give an immature-AND NOW?...A FWD 6cyl version of what used 2 be one of the BADDEST cars on the road, the MONTE CARLO? Thats an SS, really? AND ur gonna put Dale Earnhadts name on it?? "OH ****, its faster now!" The MAN's turnin in his Bored -out, BIG BLOCK grave. GM DOES NOT CATER 2 OUR SUB-CULTURE,thats what we are. we r a shaky customer base. We are young wreckless low income un credit-worthy bad drivers non-voters irresponsible outlaws, all the makings of a demographic not good for the automobile bussiness. American car companies r not gonna make us our ULTIMATE SPORTS CAR, we cant afford it! The word "afford" a sum of the fore-mentioned criteria. So what they r gonna do, is sell a lower cost vehicle with enough style, enough performance, that resembles the higher end model, 2 still attract young enthusiasts. That car my friends, is the 2.4SS. a noble, yet mediocre attempt @ a sporty compact. GM can do better than that, they just dont want 2. They dont have a market for it. 2.4ss bridges the gap btween 2.2 base and 2.0LSJ/LNF. With the LSJ GM took a walk on the "wild side" or so they thought. They took a SAAB world engine and slapped an Eaton roots-type wich is a LEAP N BOUND 4 GM in terms of product development, the fact they actualy went 2 them 2 make them a blower, Pirelli 2 give em a tire, later, BREMBO for brakes, and actually develop 1 HELL of a suspension and test it in the mother-of-all NURBURGRING. They made a high-perf 4banger but they did it AMERICAN-style. True to form; a blower, and the mandatory re-inforcements, forged steel crank stronger valvetrain, oil jets, intercooler. a MARVEL of engineering by Yankee standards, the fact that they put all that, into a 4 cylinder!!! Could swear ur talking bout a V8 build back there. Thats my point guys, Japan makes a high perf 4cyl, its all-motor. Adress all the capabilities of the internals and make it wind to high hell. America made a high-perf 4 but slapped in forced induction to achieve output. Both in the sport-compact segment as competitors by category, but the powerplants are as different as they are similar. At this point, Yanks and Japs still cant go heads up, toe2toe, tit4tat, they remain an dissimilar means of output. One battle, 2 different types of weapons, still it rages on.....
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM

your just showing how noob you are.

most hatches dont have k series swaps for one..

and most turbo'd hatches can beat mustangs and camaros.. same with most k series swap hatches.

you know you lost or are lying all together.

the civic si is a better car than the 2.4 ss.

and i dont own a honda anymore i just know there are retards like you out there.

k series engines are better than your LE5...

my thing about a turbo swap was simply to show you they do better with mods than your engine does.

your just a noob go make your car RWD already.
since its so easy it should probably only take you a week or so.
please GTFO honda boy. you know nothing of what you speak. who said RWD was easy? I said my plan was relatively easy compared to VictoryRed's since my plan was a smaller chassis and drivetrain with stock parts from similar vehicles and not a complete rebuild and removal of everything stock. Read before you speak about something you know NOTHING of once again. Seems like all you know is about K motors and turbos. Dont talk about something to me if you dont know anything about it because I wont listen anymore. Just to seriously shut you up I will make a video once i find that piece of **** Civic Si with his gay ass tinted rear tail lights and humongous fart can and this time we will be side by side. Just for you I will do the race from a roll because we all know how VTACK doesnt want to kick in unless its at like 60000000RPMS. I guarantee you he would get destroyed from a dig but i'll make it more fair for him from a roll. What kind of Cobalt member are you if you dont even support your own car?

Originally Posted by @nt1ric3-420$$
YEH, u gotta admit the K20 is a better machine than 2.4SS. Alot more potential either cus the bigger aftermarket support or just plainly better engineering. They DO hav years on GM in 4cyl developnment. 2.4 was a new venture 4 GM, seems like they wanted 2 mimic the nissan 2.5 SE-R with that 1.
WHAT A SUBJECT. Its like these cars r SO similar yet so different still. GM comes in 2 compete in this segment and brings some interesting products, but they r still economy cars @ heart. Japan bulids a 4cyl 4u to beat the **** out of it! Small yet efficient, rev high to squeeze as many ponies as possible. Aftermarket gives it a turbo and it capitalizes the potential of its design(high rev) High winding+turbo is a match made in heaven.
Now traditionaly American cars use brute force, as all things American. We usualy hav V8s; low rpm, low end torque. In theory V8 has a faster power cycle, DRAW, COMPRESS, IGNITE, EXPELL. One turn of the crank, 1 power cycle. 4CYL has 2 work 2ce as hard to produce a power cycle cus its HALF the cylinders, hence, they design them 2 spin faster. (2 turns of the crankshaft) So the Japs put all their effort into small displacement engineering to project a sense of smaller, more efficient products. And they HAVE been successful at it obviously, but is it still as efficient as their prestige suggests given the fact it has to spin twice as fast 2 produce ONE power cycle? Internal Combustion engines are GROSSLY INEFFICIENT by design. A large part of energy is lost in heat dissipation. Thats why turbos r so popular nowadays. They recycle the lost energy in heat form and use it to produce power. A type of "imperfect" Perpetual motion machine. But of course that **** doesnt exist and the result is more problems than u started with! Turbos produce ALOT of heat that is also dispursed at its surroundings and must be accompanied by extensive heat management, intercoolers 2 say the least, if u even INTEND on squeezing any longevity out of that engine.
So back 2 American 4cyl's. We dont really build race inspired cars, anymore, often...We make these 2 sell 2 the general public 2 commute. They dont really intend to cater 2 performance enthusiasts like they did in the 60's. WHY? Look what they did back then!!! Street race-that was the beggining, drag race, race toward cliffs, at each other, ram/crash cars ETC ETC...ALL **** that made the law enforce seat belts and all the **** that came afterward. Point is give an immature-AND NOW?...A FWD 6cyl version of what used 2 be one of the BADDEST cars on the road, the MONTE CARLO? Thats an SS, really? AND ur gonna put Dale Earnhadts name on it?? "OH ****, its faster now!" The MAN's turnin in his Bored -out, BIG BLOCK grave. GM DOES NOT CATER 2 OUR SUB-CULTURE,thats what we are. we r a shaky customer base. We are young wreckless low income un credit-worthy bad drivers non-voters irresponsible outlaws, all the makings of a demographic not good for the automobile bussiness. American car companies r not gonna make us our ULTIMATE SPORTS CAR, we cant afford it! The word "afford" a sum of the fore-mentioned criteria. So what they r gonna do, is sell a lower cost vehicle with enough style, enough performance, that resembles the higher end model, 2 still attract young enthusiasts. That car my friends, is the 2.4SS. a noble, yet mediocre attempt @ a sporty compact. GM can do better than that, they just dont want 2. They dont have a market for it. 2.4ss bridges the gap btween 2.2 base and 2.0LSJ/LNF. With the LSJ GM took a walk on the "wild side" or so they thought. They took a SAAB world engine and slapped an Eaton roots-type wich is a LEAP N BOUND 4 GM in terms of product development, the fact they actualy went 2 them 2 make them a blower, Pirelli 2 give em a tire, later, BREMBO for brakes, and actually develop 1 HELL of a suspension and test it in the mother-of-all NURBURGRING. They made a high-perf 4banger but they did it AMERICAN-style. True to form; a blower, and the mandatory re-inforcements, forged steel crank stronger valvetrain, oil jets, intercooler. a MARVEL of engineering by Yankee standards, the fact that they put all that, into a 4 cylinder!!! Could swear ur talking bout a V8 build back there. Thats my point guys, Japan makes a high perf 4cyl, its all-motor. Adress all the capabilities of the internals and make it wind to high hell. America made a high-perf 4 but slapped in forced induction to achieve output. Both in the sport-compact segment as competitors by category, but the powerplants are as different as they are similar. At this point, Yanks and Japs still cant go heads up, toe2toe, tit4tat, they remain an dissimilar means of output. One battle, 2 different types of weapons, still it rages on.....
what the **** did you just say?

Last edited by BULLETSSMOKE; 07-09-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-09-2009, 01:32 PM

first time i agree with you bullet about the wtf did you just say part.

Vtec does help i dont get why people act like it does nothing.

i know more about cars than you..

Hell i know more about your car than you, like the simple fact your car isnt as fast as a new civic si.

and the words relatively easy and making a cobalt RWD should never be in the same sentence.

right there you just said you think its easy to do it.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:44 PM

Howabout this:

With equal drivers, the Si is the faster car. From a dig AND a roll. He beat him though. So what. It doesn't prove a thing. Just let him bask in his glory.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
Howabout this:

With equal drivers, the Si is the faster car. From a dig AND a roll. He beat him though. So what. It doesn't prove a thing. Just let him bask in his glory.
nothing glorious about this. both cars are very slow. this is my DD. i dont usually race it or push it hard but when i did i thought i would post my win here. i was expecting this kind of response but i dont mind. stock for stock the civic is faster but I think my mods put mine over his just a hair, thats what happened in the race.

joemama, you could never know more about Cobalts than I do but you definitely know more about Civics, thats why we are arguing; to find some common ground on what makes sense. But I am serious, I won the race barely. Not bragging, but I wanted to post this in our War Stories section since that's what its here for. I do apologize for all of the nonsense and stupid random stuff I said about you, that was childish.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM

ok ok ok how bout a s/c si vs twincharged balt... hmmmm
Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice win OP....

And holy ****! All the ******* haters that write this is not true. GTFO, you are on a COBALT site, people that have cobalts will post they beat other cars thats how it works!! you are arguing about this **** like you are 5.

Maybe the other guy missed a shift, or something in that area, who give a **** what happened and why! All that is said is that a 2.4SS slightly modded beat a Civic SI w/ exhaust, and thats it far as he knew, won!

****!

Originally Posted by beefy Si
Howabout this:

It does prove something. He is a better driver obviously.

Last edited by SCcobaltSS; 07-09-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
Nice win OP....

And holy ****! All the ******* haters that write this is not true. GTFO, you are on a COBALT site, people that have cobalts will post they beat other cars thats how it works!! you are arguing about this **** like you are 5.

Maybe the other guy missed a shift, or something in that area, who give a **** what happened and why! All that is said is that a 2.4SS slightly modded beat a Civic SI w/ exhaust, and thats it far as he knew, won!

****!

It does prove something. He is a better driver obviously.
thanks. finally someone who actually is on the Cobalt side. he didnt miss a shift though or he would've fallen back
Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 PM

I know I was just saying that because I was fumed because of all these ******** on this site cant let someone win a rice without them calling BS. This is why I never want to post anything I do. Just Post information on others threads.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Fail Less.

zomg! A car that is statistically a little bit slower can NEVER beat something thats supposed to be a little bit faster...

STFU and GTFO.

OP, Enjoy the victory over the car/driver.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bika
zomg! A car that is statistically a little bit slower can NEVER beat something thats supposed to be a little bit faster...

STFU and GTFO.

OP, Enjoy the victory over the car/driver.
mhmm thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
I know I was just saying that because I was fumed because of all these ******** on this site cant let someone win a rice without them calling BS. This is why I never want to post anything I do. Just Post information on others threads.

your post is a big sack of terds....
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Thank you
Old 07-09-2009, 03:57 PM

you would understand if you solely owned a cobalt and you have these random people smashing you with their ultimate limited knowledge of other cars that they think are so much better. i can definitely see you bashing the **** out of some thread because you drive a SRT4 and there are so many people that drive those that are just like Civic drivers and think their car is the coolest **** ever. Not calling you out personally but I know you have seen this before. SRT4's used to be the Cobalts ultimate competition because they were so close in performance until the Turbo Balt came out.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by BULLETSSMOKE
you would understand if you solely owned a cobalt and you have these random people smashing you with their ultimate limited knowledge of other cars that they think are so much better. i can definitely see you bashing the **** out of some thread because you drive a SRT4 and there are so many people that drive those that are just like Civic drivers and think their car is the coolest **** ever. Not calling you out personally but I know you have seen this before. SRT4's used to be the Cobalts ultimate competition because they were so close in performance until the Turbo Balt came out.
I drive many cars, and I don't care who sez what...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 PM

I drive many cars, and I don't care who sez what...
is the Neon your favorite?

Quick Reply: CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si