War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BULLETSSMOKE
is the Neon your favorite?
My favorite is probably my 2006 Monte SS....
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM

bullet since you are trying be reasonable and stop a fued i will agree.

I also apologize for ragging on you. i didnt mean to really talk **** i just remember you from another thread. I apologize for it all tho.

I still stand with my original posts but wont trash anymore.

and for the people who were talking ****. yes its a cobalt forum, that doesnt give you the right to lie and say you beat a car and that people shouldnt call bs.(this isnt really related to this thread bullet)
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joemama
bullet since you are trying be reasonable and stop a fued i will agree.

I also apologize for ragging on you. i didnt mean to really talk **** i just remember you from another thread. I apologize for it all tho.

I still stand with my original posts but wont trash anymore.

and for the people who were talking ****. yes its a cobalt forum, that doesnt give you the right to lie and say you beat a car and that people shouldnt call bs.(this isnt really related to this thread bullet)
alright cool. but i did really beat him by the amount i said lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM

lol bullet to stop the arguement about it i suppose we will have to agree to disagree lol.

maybe it was a ep3 civic si lol

either way i dont really wanna argue about it anymore bud.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 AM

lol bullet to stop the arguement about it i suppose we will have to agree to disagree lol.

maybe it was a ep3 civic si lol

either way i dont really wanna argue about it anymore bud.

thats what it looked like except it was a sedan with the rear end curved inward instead of out. same color too
Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 AM

please GTFO honda boy. you know nothing of what you speak. who said RWD was easy? I said my plan was relatively easy compared to VictoryRed's since my plan was a smaller chassis and drivetrain with stock parts from similar vehicles and not a complete rebuild and removal of everything stock. Read before you speak about something you know NOTHING of once again. Seems like all you know is about K motors and turbos. Dont talk about something to me if you dont know anything about it because I wont listen anymore. Just to seriously shut you up I will make a video once i find that piece of **** Civic Si with his gay ass tinted rear tail lights and humongous fart can and this time we will be side by side. Just for you I will do the race from a roll because we all know how VTACK doesnt want to kick in unless its at like 60000000RPMS. I guarantee you he would get destroyed from a dig but i'll make it more fair for him from a roll. What kind of Cobalt member are you if you dont even support your own car?

what the **** did you just say?
ALot of info pertaining 2 this little discussion of yours. Short attention span or the technical/historical info went over your head?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by @nt1ric3-420$$
ALot of info pertaining 2 this little discussion of yours. Short attention span or the technical/historical info went over your head?
No your enormous lack of grammar almost made me keel over and die.

what it really was, sedan form
Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 PM

I didnt kno this forum had a colege-level post requirement. Dontry 2 discredit my post 4 a few omissions or phoenetic replacements, the message is still there. Civic SI AND the 2.4 r a POS. Both manuf. GUILTY. Heads up, these ******* things r matched cus they capitalize on each others weaknesses. 2.0 better powertrain but 2.4 better displacement and it really comes down 2 the driver. Thing that makes the Si better is they intended 2 make it so ANEMIC. Its is and always was, designed 4 the aftermarket 2 pick up where Honda left off. A tuner by definition. They r not gonna be responsible 4 giving the WRECKLESS American public a POWERFUL car 2 kill themselves/others with. They will pass it 2 the buyer 2 make those modifications and take those risks. Theyr not selling that L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y, not 4 20k anyway...MARINATE ON THAT SUCKA
Old 07-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Point being hondas sound like crap
Old 07-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by weiss27md
amen brother

I didnt kno this forum had a colege-level post requirement. Dontry 2 discredit my post 4 a few omissions or phoenetic replacements, the message is still there. Civic SI AND the 2.4 r a POS. Both manuf. GUILTY. Heads up, these ******* things r matched cus they capitalize on each others weaknesses. 2.0 better powertrain but 2.4 better displacement and it really comes down 2 the driver. Thing that makes the Si better is they intended 2 make it so ANEMIC. Its is and always was, designed 4 the aftermarket 2 pick up where Honda left off. A tuner by definition. They r not gonna be responsible 4 giving the WRECKLESS American public a POWERFUL car 2 kill themselves/others with. They will pass it 2 the buyer 2 make those modifications and take those risks. Theyr not selling that L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y, not 4 20k anyway...MARINATE ON THAT SUCKA
can someone Google a (Retard Gangster to English) translator? I'm having trouble understanding some of these posts

Last edited by BULLETSSMOKE; 07-10-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by weiss27md
Honda's can sound good, its just most Honda's you see on the road just have a fart can attached to stock piping. i had a built GSR in a civic hatch(nothing like the sound of a lil 4 cyl reving to 9500 rpms) and it sounded awesome. one of my friends swore that my car was a motorcycle from just hearing it. also ITB's on a B series sounds amazing.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:11 PM

THIS IS 4 THE "PEACH" UP THERE ^^
I wrote all that n u only registered the "SUCKA". Whos the retard? Lemme drop it in plain English; UR CAR SUCKS asswipe, u wanna go heads up with Japans best, get an LSJ/LNF. Not aPOS that shares an engine with 15 other econoboxes. A 65 old woman @ work gets THRILLED by her 2.4 HHR's performance. Leave the 2.4's for the lames n come play w the BIG BOYS. Frame-up cars designed 2 perform.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:15 PM

It does not have a collage level post requirement. But it should have a Must not be a ******* requirement.

Which you would fail.

What everyone is saying, is that whenever you post, you are difficult to understand. Try to proofread what you post a little more than you have been. It is really not difficult.

and Honda did not build a car for the aftermarket, they built a car that would sell. Astetically pleasing to most, great gas milage, effincency and quality. And they gave it a little morepassing power. They were not worried about liability, or aftermarket. They were worried about $$$. What the tuner does after that is completely seperate.

I wrote all that n u only registered the "SUCKA". Whos the retard? Lemme drop it in plain English; UR CAR SUCKS asswipe, u wanna go heads up with Japans best, get an LSJ/LNF. Not aPOS that shares an engine with 15 other econoboxes. A 65 old woman @ work gets THRILLED by her 2.4 HHR's performance. Leave the 2.4's for the lames n come play w the BIG BOYS. Frame-up cars designed 2 perform.
He posted about a civic, not an sti/evo/gt-r.

What the hell is your problem? We need some ban hammer action over here for this fool

Last edited by the_rainmaker; 07-10-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
It does not have a collage level post requirement. But it should have a Must not be a ******* requirement.

Which you would fail.

What everyone is saying, is that whenever you post, you are difficult to understand. Try to proofread what you post a little more than you have been. It is really not difficult.

and Honda did not build a car for the aftermarket, they built a car that would sell. Astetically pleasing to most, great gas milage, effincency and quality. And they gave it a little morepassing power. They were not worried about liability, or aftermarket. They were worried about $$$. What the tuner does after that is completely seperate.

He posted about a civic, not an sti/evo/gt-r.

What the hell is your problem? We need some ban hammer action over here for this fool
As much as I hate 2 admit it Civic (has) earned a name my frend. NOT A TUNER?? WTF are, u, talking about? Civic IS the poster child for the tuner. Say w u want but YOU guys dont know wth ur babbling about. Wanna ban me n **** TRUTH HURTS DONT IT?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 PM

As much as I hate 2 admit it Civic (has) earned a name my frend. NOT A TUNER?? WTF are, u, talking about? Civic IS the poster child for the tuner. Say w u want but YOU guys dont know wth ur babbling about. Wanna ban me n **** TRUTH HURTS DONT IT?
I never said it was not a tuner. I said honda did not build it with the intention of it being a tuner, they built it to sell the most units possible. What truth is supposed to be hurting me? you just ranting incomprehensibly again.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:13 PM

ALRIGHT, LISTEN. B4 the point of this thread gets lost n the **** talkin'; I hate ricers as much as the next GM enthusiast. But if u wanna compete u gotta come w respect, and come with the best. Much as we hate them they are WELL established in the performance world. We Americans typically do things different. Our performance name was bored-out 8 cylinders @ a time, now we wanna dethrone the 4cylinder transversal kings. They are DECADES ahead on 4cylinder development. U wanna tackle this competition with a run-of-the mill engine and on top of that say the Si aint ****? When ALOT more went in 2 its design than the 2.4ss by comparison. U wanna earn my respect; make your power plant stand out. Build your block up like a man and stop TOYING with electronics n fuel mapping BS and show the f-in Japs our cars can run em down on OUR OWN terms! The element being Fe not Si, if u follow. I don’t meant 2 ragg on u homie or "flame" as is said here. I just think certain things need 2 be taken into account when discussing and debating WHOS WHO in performance. Belittle-ing happens @ all levels. More disregard and ****-talkin' was handed down on the SC vs TC thread but I didn't trip. I kno the TC will beat me right now, but that just motivates me 2 mod my ride as much as i can 2 compete. But I dont hate them 4 it and I dont hate u for choosing a non-blown model.You just have 2 notice what ur going up againts accept it and prepare. Were all here 4 GM 4 bangers right?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 PM

@nt1ric3 if you wanna play with the big boys go ls1..

stfu your a noob and contradict yourself.

your a noob. you say stop toying with electronics and fuel mapping, are you carburated now? last i checked they didnt have a carb set up for a lsj engine. and lets see you build your engine and not tune it. see how long that lasts.

and just to let you know the TC isnt the top dog. go step up to a v8 sports car and see how hard you get your ass handed to you. step up to a terminator,ls1 gto, ls2 gto, ls1 camaro, c5 vette, c6 vette and the list just goes on and on.

when you get to that level then you can start downing on a civic, which everyone knows a way better platform than a lsj.

I love the lsj's and i would choose one over a civic because i like them better but if your trying to have a faster car go honda in teh 4 cylinder world.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 AM

lol did i EVER say my car was fast? i clearly remember saying this was my DD. drop that. if i really wanted to race someone who was actually really fast and it REALLY mattered to me i would just run home like a pissed off teenager and get my 69 camaro w/ 540ci. but no, I dont sit around and ponder how I can beat civics all day and how awesome the motors that honda's build.

Summary: Cobalt is my Daily Driver
Camaro is my weekend race car
Old 07-11-2009, 04:12 AM

@nt1ric3 if you wanna play with the big boys go ls1..

stfu your a noob and contradict yourself.

your a noob. you say stop toying with electronics and fuel mapping, are you carburated now? last i checked they didnt have a carb set up for a lsj engine. and lets see you build your engine and not tune it. see how long that lasts.

and just to let you know the TC isnt the top dog. go step up to a v8 sports car and see how hard you get your ass handed to you. step up to a terminator,ls1 gto, ls2 gto, ls1 camaro, c5 vette, c6 vette and the list just goes on and on.

when you get to that level then you can start downing on a civic, which everyone knows a way better platform than a lsj.

I love the lsj's and i would choose one over a civic because i like them better but if your trying to have a faster car go honda in teh 4 cylinder world.
NS SHIRLOCK. TC'S N V8'S R not in the same class. I was talking bout sport compacts. OH n I KNOW about v8's 4 ur info. When evry1 was on the Japanese bandwagon I was rollin 3rd gen F-bodies, homeboy. FOUR OF THEM. And thats exactly what I was sayin bout the 2.0 Honda, i KN0W its a good engine. Better than a GM 2.4, but better than LSJ? Dont sell it short its a well engineered piece. Oil jets, forged steel crank, heavy duty top end-IT WAS PREPPED 4 SUPERCHARGING. gM DId their homework on that 1. So b4 u ask "DUH, well if he likes small block y did he...?" GM keeps promising me a Camaro since 04 and i needed a car, Aveo dont suit me so the concept beind the lsj car appealed 2 me. A car 2 show the pinche bushido buzz bombs wecompete n beat n the sport compact segment? I WAS ALL OVER IT! EOS

lol did i EVER say my car was fast? i clearly remember saying this was my DD. drop that. if i really wanted to race someone who was actually really fast and it REALLY mattered to me i would just run home like a pissed off teenager and get my 69 camaro w/ 540ci. but no, I dont sit around and ponder how I can beat civics all day and how awesome the motors that honda's build.

Summary: Cobalt is my Daily Driver
Camaro is my weekend race car
And BIG UPS ont that Camaro. I had the impression u were a naive punk placing all ur chips in a lesser car and on top of that talkin **** on establishments. But if u own a big block, what can I say? Ur speaking my language.

Last edited by @nt1ric3-420$$; 07-11-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-11-2009, 04:51 AM

i guess i was under the impression big boys play on the same class. my fault i suppose.

last i checked there is many f bodies still running on there.

they built a good engine never said anything bad about it. K series are better by far tho....

any smart person would tell you the that. last time i checked i never heard anyone swapping the lsj into an older cav,sunfire.

and since when was the cobalt built from the frame up for performance..

the ss/sc had shitty handling stock and used the same format for everything except tranny and engine as the normal econobox cobalt.

really read up on your **** before you start spewin it.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:51 AM

i guess i was under the impression big boys play on the same class. my fault i suppose.

they built a good engine never said anything bad about it. K series are better by far tho....

any smart person would tell you the that. last time i checked i never heard anyone swapping the lsj into an older cav,sunfire.

the ss/sc had shitty handling stock and used the same format for everything except tranny and engine as the normal econobox cobalt.

really read up on your **** before you start spewin it.
yes, K20 is a hell of an engine, not arguing there. And unless they lied 2 me, the frame of a LSJ is more rigid than the base models.
NExt is the wheels forged aluminum, U KNO how much forged wheels go for?? 18s wrapped in fine track-worthy italian rubber. Good enough 4 me to carve them corners round town-and i mean i AX around town, its what i live 4. And good enough to take it around the best German racetracks. Not only the LNF uve seen on YOUTUBE, but the lsj did well around that same track as well.
So the suspension is covered, not to mention it capable of traveling 160mph-I can vouch 4 that 1 man, TRUST ME, again, i live 4 this ****. BOTH of my SC's have taken me 160+ and let me tell you it WAS stable, like u could go faster PLEASE BELEIVE IT.
the brakes are awesome, now they have BREMBOS, which I can only imagine how they stop if mine impress me. Tranny is SWISS and reinforced, light flywheel, (fluid-dynamic)that high rise wing evr1 hates actualy creates downforce.....uh, its intercooled, and I already high-lited the powerplant previously, it IS a beaut, nice crature features, all the **** I wanted 2 do 2 a car back n-a day, this car already has, WHAT ELSE DO U WANT ME 2 SAY, I THINK THESE R PRETTY GOOD CREDENTIALS ON THIS CAR, dont u think?

oh i havent seen any1 swap an lsj into an earlier model but some shop did a build covered in a magazine of an Aveo with an LSJ. That little **** must fly!

Last edited by @nt1ric3-420$$; 07-11-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-11-2009, 07:59 PM

ok the trannys arent that good for one... axles snap when you put DR's on em the frame is the same, suspension blows until the TC came out everyone knows it. and i believe your car has a governor on it llimiting it to 156mph.

dont quote me on the last part tho
Old 07-11-2009, 08:15 PM

a new si would destroy you on a roll. even if he was stock..

they are rated at 197hp i think your rated at like 171hp.

his car gets better performance mod for mod.

and with just an exhaust he probably has atleast 205.

your mods give you maybe 25 hp.

that said your either lying about winning or lying about it being a new one

basically your lying about winning or it being new.
Do you realize what you said? 171 + 25 = 196. 196 versus 205 is not much, especially when you consider the torque, and gearing differences (5 speed versus 6). Besides, we all know GM underrated the Cobalts. Plus, vtec does not kick in until a few hundred rpm's before the Si hits the rev limiter, whereas the LE% has VVT that optimizes the valve timing across the entire rpm range. I think it's possible. Engine speed does not equate wheel speed. My 07 SS/NA is bone stock powertrain wise (and is a manual tranny) and ran just slightly slower than a newer Si sedan with exhaust intake. Only difference was the driver. This is based in track times the same night, so temp, humidity, etc is not a factor. My wife was driving the SS/NA that night at the track. She knows how to cut a good tree and be consistent. I was racing my 06 SS/SC.

ok the trannys arent that good for one... axles snap when you put DR's on em the frame is the same, suspension blows until the TC came out everyone knows it. and i believe your car has a governor on it llimiting it to 156mph.

dont quote me on the last part tho
fuel cutoff is 148 stock. can be removed with a tune.

Last edited by domin8_gt; 07-11-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-11-2009, 08:15 PM

yes, K20 is a hell of an engine, not arguing there. And unless they lied 2 me, the frame of a LSJ is more rigid than the base models.
NExt is the wheels forged aluminum, U KNO how much forged wheels go for?? 18s wrapped in fine track-worthy italian rubber. Good enough 4 me to carve them corners round town-and i mean i AX around town, its what i live 4. And good enough to take it around the best German racetracks. Not only the LNF uve seen on YOUTUBE, but the lsj did well around that same track as well.
So the suspension is covered, not to mention it capable of traveling 160mph-I can vouch 4 that 1 man, TRUST ME, again, i live 4 this ****. BOTH of my SC's have taken me 160+ and let me tell you it WAS stable, like u could go faster PLEASE BELEIVE IT.
the brakes are awesome, now they have BREMBOS, which I can only imagine how they stop if mine impress me. Tranny is SWISS and reinforced, light flywheel, (fluid-dynamic)that high rise wing evr1 hates actualy creates downforce.....uh, its intercooled, and I already high-lited the powerplant previously, it IS a beaut, nice crature features, all the **** I wanted 2 do 2 a car back n-a day, this car already has, WHAT ELSE DO U WANT ME 2 SAY, I THINK THESE R PRETTY GOOD CREDENTIALS ON THIS CAR, dont u think?

oh i havent seen any1 swap an lsj into an earlier model but some shop did a build covered in a magazine of an Aveo with an LSJ. That little **** must fly!
damn, your posts are hard to read.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:31 PM

I'll back the stability at the high speed part. I've topped out the LSJ while stock. Never had an issue with stability. As for the frame part, they are all the same. Doesn't matter LS, LT, LTZ, SS/NA, SS/SC, SS/TC, IRL, HHR. Also, tranny is not Swiss, it is Swedish. High rise spoiler may create downforce, but it also creates a lot of drag. Ask me how I know. I think I'm the only one with actual real world data to back it up, that doesn't work for a racing team or GM. And screw Brembo brakes. All they did was give another piston to the front calipers and larger rotors. They've aready had a recall. Convert to slotted/drilled brakes. I did. Was one of the best mods I did.

1. they built a good engine never said anything bad about it. K series are better by far tho....

2. any smart person would tell you the that. last time i checked i never heard anyone swapping the lsj into an older cav,sunfire.

3. the ss/sc had shitty handling stock and used the same format for everything except tranny and engine as the normal econobox cobalt.

4. really read up on your **** before you start spewin it.
1. Reliability says what? I used to work for a Honda dealership service department. Go look into which engine is leaking oil. Also, show me who's on top in the Grand Am series.

2. That's because most people think that supercharging a 4 cylinder is stupid due to parasitic loss. Tuners tend to go towards turbo applications. Probably because turbochargers are usually cheaper than superchargers.

3. .90 lateral g is really crappy for any car from the factory. Sure does beat cars like K series Honda's and Ford Mustang GT's. Also, same format does not mean same parts. Have you heard of suspension codes like FE1, FE3, and FE5?

4. Take your own advice. I win. You're a tool.

Last edited by domin8_gt; 07-11-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: CSS 2.4 vs new Civic Si