War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

this damn mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HViper
R U sure, I always thought they came with a 351 and no backseat??? I could be wrong, but I will look into it.
'93 Cobra R: 302
'95 Cobra R: 351
'00 Cobra R: 5.4L
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
'93 Cobra R: 302
'95 Cobra R: 351
'00 Cobra R: 5.4L
Tell me, am I at least right about the no backseat thing???
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by HViper
Tell me, am I at least right about the no backseat thing???
Yes... all three Cobra R's came with no back seat
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 AM
p7x

Lil summary for everyone from a few dif threads.

stock SS/SC vs stock 04- mustang gt - can go either way
stock SS/SC vs stock 05+ mustang gt - mustang wins
modded SS/SC vs stock 05+ mustang gt - can go either way
stock SS/SC vs stock 5.7 GTO - can go either way
stock SS/SC vs stock 6.0 GTO - GTO wins
modded SS/SC vs stock 6.0 GTO - GTO still wins
stock SS/SC vs stock 300c - can go either way
stock SS/SC vs stock SRT8 - SRT8 wins
modded SS/SC vs stock SRT8 - SRT8 still wins

Modded SS/SC = under 280whp
Needless to say if the V8's are modded.
Assuming good drivers becuase anything can happen on the street and track besides drivers as well, tires, weather, etc.

So while maybe a SS/SC beat a something that it shouldnt beat, who cares and lets kill all these dumb vs threads and get back to enjoying our cars instead of bashing others.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by JKennedy1612
It's not NA though! The LS2 has 400hp Naturally Aspirated!
who cares, the 03-04 blown cobras make 390hp and are WAY more affordable than beloved vettes. OH and the aftermarket is more PLENTIFUL AND AFFORDABLE for Stangs than vettes.

PS Mustangs look a whole hell of alot better too....
Old 08-27-2007, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by 4BANGR
who cares, the 03-04 blown cobras make 390hp and are WAY more affordable than beloved vettes. OH and the aftermarket is more PLENTIFUL AND AFFORDABLE for Stangs than vettes.

PS Mustangs look a whole hell of alot better too....
I disagree about Mustangs looking better, but will agree about parts being cheaper for the mustangs. I will also add that mustangs are EVERYWHERE, which would also assist with the cheapness and massive quantity of aftermarket parts. I would still take a Camaro over a Mustang, and have the same if not larger aftermarket, same if not cheaper price range for the Camaro and set me some ponies to pasture all day long.

Sorry, just my opinion and keep in mind that I am 1GMfanatik and this is a Chevy Cobalt website.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I disagree about Mustangs looking better, but will agree about parts being cheaper for the mustangs. I will also add that mustangs are EVERYWHERE, which would also assist with the cheapness and massive quantity of aftermarket parts. I would still take a Camaro over a Mustang, and have the same if not larger aftermarket, same if not cheaper price range for the Camaro and set me some ponies to pasture all day long.

Sorry, just my opinion and keep in mind that I am 1GMfanatik and this is a Chevy Cobalt website.
i respect your opinion and thats cool and everything, but....i highly doubt the camaro after market is nearly as big as the mustang after market. I'm not saying that because im a mustang fan, im saying that because i can't imagine it's true. I think maybe the only car with a bigger after market could be like the civics or something. The mustang after market is absolutely HUGE.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM

What makes the Mustang aftermarket huge is the 5.0 aftermarket followed by the 03/04 Cobra and then the 05+ Mustang GT aftermarkets.

PS: Even though I love Mustangs, a C6 Corvette looks WAY better than a Mustang!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i respect your opinion and thats cool and everything, but....i highly doubt the camaro after market is nearly as big as the mustang after market. I'm not saying that because im a mustang fan, im saying that because i can't imagine it's true. I think maybe the only car with a bigger after market could be like the civics or something. The mustang after market is absolutely HUGE.
I appreciate your respecting my opinion, that's one of the more mature responses on this site anymore. lol...I would have to say that if the Mustangs aftermarket was larger then the Camaros, it wouldn't be by too much. The LT and LS series motors have been out for quite sometime now, and have MASSIVE potential. Between the Prochargers, turbos, twinscrews, and a good majority are capable of being mounted in the front or the rear of the car, and then getting into the motor, that would be some market for them Stangs. Keeping also in mind, that the majority of the motors in the Camaro up to the LS1 have been used in the Vette, so that would assist in it's parts purchasing as well.

Either way, that's one of the largest factors GM is concerned about with the release of the new Camaro...Competing with the Mustangs sales, which will be tough, but I wouldn't count it out.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
What makes the Mustang aftermarket huge is the 5.0 aftermarket followed by the 03/04 Cobra and then the 05+ Mustang GT aftermarkets.

PS: Even though I love Mustangs, a C6 Corvette looks WAY better than a Mustang!
wow coming from someone who owns multiple Fords you would think you would respect it more...why dont you give that mustang to someone who would appreciate its looks a bit more
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 AM

wow coming from someone who owns multiple Fords you would think you would respect it more...why dont you give that mustang to someone who would appreciate its looks a bit more

Respecting/Appreciating my cars and being realistic are two different things. I love Mustangs but saying their looks compete with a clean C6 Corvette is crazy. I looked into and drove numerous C6 Corvettes and they ride better, look better, and get way better gas mileage but what do you see me driving. I’m pretty much a die hard Ford guy but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect and realize that there are better cars out than what I own.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 AM

Respecting/Appreciating my cars and being realistic are two different things. I love Mustangs but saying their looks compete with a clean C6 Corvette is crazy. I looked into and drove numerous C6 Corvettes and they ride better, look better, and get way better gas mileage but what do you see me driving. I’m pretty much a die hard Ford guy but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect and realize that there are better cars out than what I own.
so basically you couldnt afford a Corvette... got it
Old 08-29-2007, 05:16 AM

I can feel the love in here.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 PM

I own many cars, and have owned many cars.... some extremely fast and others rather slow...

a fast car is a fast car, and I'll give it credit, regardless of make..

I am not a import person at all, but I can respect that some of those cars can get very nasty.....

I tend to like the underdog... the car that shouldn't.... but yet does, and leaves people scratchin' their heads wondering what just happened....
Old 08-29-2007, 07:38 PM

so basically you couldnt afford a Corvette... got it
Well last time I checked a GT500 cost more that a C6 Corvette, at least the way I wanted it (LT1 Pkg, Glass Top, Auto) plus a lot of dealers in my area (within 200 miles) were selling them under sticker. I think the one I wanted ended up pricing out at $42K + Tax, Title, ect. The GT500 ended up at… higher than that I’ll say. We got a good deal even with today’s pricing on them and this was back in November.

So lets not try to be a smart ass here buddy.

Originally Posted by LittleMT
I own many cars, and have owned many cars.... some extremely fast and others rather slow...

a fast car is a fast car, and I'll give it credit, regardless of make..

I am not a import person at all, but I can respect that some of those cars can get very nasty.....

I tend to like the underdog... the car that shouldn't.... but yet does, and leaves people scratchin' their heads wondering what just happened....
I know what you mean. It seems like no one respects anybody else’s cars anymore, every one has to try proving they're better.

I like being the underdog to, I've raced a few Vipers, Modded 03/04 Cobras, Corvettes, ect and they're like, "Did just get beat by a GT?"

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 08-29-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost