War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Darksun: 1 BMW: 0

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darksun: 1 BMW: 0

It's not like me to post this kinda stuff but.....im in a good mood so heres my story

So here it is another day in the life of young Phillip Gittens. I just finished a long hard 10 hour day of work trouble shooting bull **** PC's and servers all day but I'm still feeling good. All i wanna do is just get out of work and go home and rest for awhile before going back out. So i hop in my deliverer of mass destruction aka "Bolt" and turn out of the Barnes and Noble corporate parking lot on to Carmen ave up by old country road going south. Well..... little o'l me was minding my own business when all in a sudden i see some distinct Halo head lights of an BMW 3 series hoping around two cars behind me. This dude is wild'n and obviously in some kinda rush but damn Dat......these are my roads so i just can't allow People to disrespect them the way this person was. So a red lights come up, up ahead which I'm the first one up to it. So now this guy squeezes in behind my car, REAL close i might add which i don't know where you come from but I'm gonna have to take this as a sign of disrespect towards me and my car cause i know hes gonna try and hop me as soon as some room opens up. light goes green and i roll out slow enough to get into 2nd gear around 20 and take it up to 30 real quick the 3 series stays beheing me until things look ready. We have about a mile and a half to two mile stretch of road to work with so i'm keeping an eye on him and like clock work i see his head lights jump from punching the gas and were off!

Your boys doing good so far end of 2nd gear at 70 miles per hour this guys front bumper is behind my rear bumper at this point I'm thinking he's a 3 series the fight should fall out of him soon. But it seems im wrong mid way into third this ****** is touching my rear quarter panel.........O Hell NO!!!!! At this point I'm like ill be damned if i lose to a 3 series. I'm slow but not that slow. So i grab 4th gear so hard and so blindingly fast at around 105 that my hand slips off the shift knob. Now i know what your thinking people "Phil's toast!" incorrect sir "Bolt" saw me scraping and finished the shift for me some how so instead of a mis shift i had nothing but a smooth transfer into the 4th and final chapter of this story "4TH GEAR......."

At this point I'm sitting pretty. I'm a little worried but all the hard stuff is over with now it comes down to who has more HP's per pound ME Cobalt owner extraordinare or him shitty 3 series. Things are dead locked from 105 till about 120 when all in a sudden i FINALLY start to pull away. He's about 4 feet behind me and falling slowly but still losing ground. This race is done folks!

I hit the brakes to secure my win and after some heavy braking start rolling towards traffic right before Hempstead turnpike at a red light. The BMW then pulls up next to me and at this point i realize it not some punk ass kid driving the car but some middle aged white dude who looks my car up and down and with a frown on his face give me the nod of approval. I do the same tipping my hat to the fine 3 series that just gave me a run for my money and then the car starts moving to pass me again. So as this broken man who just had a loss seared into his flesh slowly passes me humble and docile as a baby lamb i noticed the insignia and dual exhaust of what is known as thats correct folks an M3.........well ain't that about a bitch........******* BMW. I almost had to take an antacid cause of him.

Last edited by Darksun; 01-31-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
keep these lies on the SRT forums where they belong.... HAHAHAHA
just messing with ya phil... congrats,... and can you please keep that thing together for a little bit longer... I won't have another spare motor until 2 months at elast
Old 01-31-2007, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
keep these lies on the SRT forums where they belong.... HAHAHAHA
just messing with ya phil... congrats,... and can you please keep that thing together for a little bit longer... I won't have another spare motor until 2 months at elast
yeah i am running too good right now which means if I'm on schedule like last time its either snap the axle, blow the tranny, grenade the valve train or blow the whole motor..... I see another 6 months of warranty covered rentals in my future