War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Dodge Stratus R/T?? Come on...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Stratus R/T?? Come on...

So there is this ***** at my gfs' work who always hits on her. Somehow he starts asking about me and she tells him I have an '07 SS/SC. He says my car is slow and his Stratus R/T will SMOKE my car. He says I would've been better off buying a 2.2 and just putting all the S/C specific stuff on it myself and it would've come out cheaper. Oh. Ok. Sadly this LamboStratus driving kid works the same hours I do so I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I will soon. Does this sound remotely possible? I told my lady to tell him I'll start in second and throw down $500 that I'll win. After she said that he says he wrecked his car goin 130+ but when it is fixed we'll race. Ok. It irritates me that hes obsessive over my girlfriend, like creepy, AND NOW he says my cobalt is slow. Input on this? Stratus R/T? Isn't it just one of those ugly eclipses? I have an Air Box Mod, Hurst STS and a TTR Engine mount. What are the thoughts?

By the way I love talkin to people and learning normally I don't get mad like this but this guy is just bein a total creep and a dick.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would whip his ass in a race then in real life
Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM

he's a douchebag

Dont waste your gas on him. Its expensive!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by bigrroberto
he's a douchebag

Dont waste your gas on him. Its expensive!
agreed unless u race for money
Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
The Stig

Sounds like a great situation to get into..

Why bother?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM

Sorry, but your girl needs to learn how to tell him to **** off. If I were in her shoes, he would have already gotten multiple kicks to his "family jewels". Just tell her to stop talking to the douche canoe before any more ego's are challanged
Old 11-12-2007, 02:19 PM

dude i wouldnt even worry about it.... i would just show up and pick up your old lady and show him what he will never have...
Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by Cobalt443
Sorry, but your girl needs to learn how to tell him to **** off. If I were in his shoes, he would have already gotten multiple kicks to his "family jewels". Just tell her to stop talking to the douche canoe before any more ego's are challanged
Exactly
Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, but your girl needs to learn how to tell him to **** off. If I were in his shoes, he would have already gotten multiple kicks to his "family jewels". Just tell her to stop talking to the douche canoe before any more ego's are challanged
And that is why Deb is the shiznit.

Bro take it from me. I used to own a black Dodge Stratus R/T with the 3.0

A stock SS/SC blows the doors off that car. Race him, film it and thank me later. Have fun.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:27 PM

ya unless hes sponsored or has some turbo and internals done...its gg to him and his lil pride
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dude! My friend had a 03 Stratus SXT that doesn't have too many few horses than the r/t.....and I took him by 2-3 cars in my 2.2L.......racing that would be like racing a stock neon,......
Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The SS/NA smokes the R/T...but dude **** that douche bag, **** his ass up.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 PM

tell him to give you a dyno sheet with his amazing power from whatever car he wants to bring back from the dead. If it doesn't say anything like srt....., then you're wasting your own time. Unless you want a good laugh of course.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Um.. just tell him to **** off man. Don't give an idiot like that the time of day. After all, he's using your car as an excuse to talk to your woman.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

i have a 2.2l cobalt ls with an intake and exhaust at the time... i beat my cusins friend with a stratus r/t 5 times in a row.... its not even a contest.. i had him at my bumper and pulling away every time... this kidd is just a **** block
Old 11-12-2007, 03:39 PM

Sorry, but your girl needs to learn how to tell him to **** off. If I were in her shoes, he would have already gotten multiple kicks to his "family jewels". Just tell her to stop talking to the douche canoe before any more ego's are challanged
Debbie FTW!

She's exactly right. While your girl shouldn't be one of those that, at the first sign of male attention goes "OMG WTF, I'm TAK-EN." (I hate those girls, like you think so highly of yourself that you have to assume every guy who says "Hello" wants in your pants.)

But here's the deal:

She's the one that works with him. If he's obsessive over her, she probably knows what the deal is. THEN it's time for HER to step in, not you (yet). If she's already made it a point to let him know he ain't gettin anywhere, then yeah, it's perfectly fine for you to step in.

I'd say the best scenario is, depending on what kind of car she has, beat him in her car and REALLY humiliate him. "SS? I don't need my SS to whoop your ass. I'll do it in my girlfriend's whatever-car-she-drives."
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

who cares if he thinks his car is faster. next time just say "you're right. your car is faster. so what" that leaves him with nothing else to say. who cares what he thinks. and agreed, your gf needs to tell him to lay off. if he doesn't, then she needs to either tell her boss about it and/or tell him she's going to file sexual harrasment if he doesn't stop.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Yeah it's gotten to the point where this guy has looked up her cell and home number through the fitness clubs computers and started calling her numerous times a day. She wouldve given him a shot to the piece a while if A. he had not just stared a week ago, lol, and b. she didnt just buy an 08 impreza 5m that she needs to make payments on. Next friday im goin in there on my day off and having a word with him before it has to go to the company for him harrassing her. Aside of that im glad to hear his car would get destroyed if it was actually in one piece. I'll be driving the bronco for winter but anytime he wants to race I will, hopefully soon. It would be even better after winter when I have my stg2 2.9 and full exhaust. Does anyone know of any fast eclipses or stratus r/ts at all? I haven't encountered one.. Thanks for the support! -Mike
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM

put your girl in check...she needs to tell the *** to back off. she probably likes the attention though. so pay more attention to her. oh and make sure that R/T doesnt have a RIPPMODS supercharger. if it does your fuckt. full bolt ons they put close to 200 whp, but its heavy. should be an easy kill unless hes boosted.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Um... You don't want to go start **** at your girlfriends work man. Just have her take it up with management. Believe me, trying to talk sense into someone like that isn't going to solve the problem. I know from experience.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:56 PM

older eclipse can be fast. theres one generation that was turboed and easy modable
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by KkAshSS
Next friday im goin in there on my day off and having a word with him before it has to go to the company for him harrassing her.
DO NOT do that. That is the WORST move you could possibly make. SHE needs to do everything from here on in because from a legal standpoint you're REALLY going to hurt her case if you do.

Give her the opportunity to STERNLY confront him - not a little sissy "Hey man, if you keep it up you're going to be in big trouble." She needs to lay out what he's doing, why it's wrong, and what can happen. Specifically he's creating a hostile and uncomfortable work environment - that's sexual harassment. The bigger issue he has to worry about is accessing confidential information about her through a company computer. That is HUGELY illegal. Home phone is a little less protected, but a cell phone number is generally pretty well protected by law, and the fact that he had to resort to shady methods of obtaining the number should show he wasn't meant to have it. That gets into more serious harassment, privacy issues, and some other nasty ****.

Originally Posted by cheesetits
Um... You don't want to go start **** at your girlfriends work man. Just have her take it up with management. Believe me, trying to talk sense into someone like that isn't going to solve the problem. I know from experience.
Very good advice.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssmokin
put your girl in check...she needs to tell the *** to back off. she probably likes the attention though. so pay more attention to her. oh and make sure that R/T doesnt have a RIPPMODS supercharger. if it does your fuckt. full bolt ons they put close to 200 whp, but its heavy. should be an easy kill unless hes boosted.
Trust me I give her lots of attention and know for a fact she doesn't want attention from this guy. This guys exact words were "no its regular" so im guessing hes sayin its stock... I'll look for that s/c though thanks.

And yeah cheesetits, lol, i do not wanna start somethin at her work and get her punished. Luckily i work out there sometimes so I should have a decent enough guise to have a composed but purposeful conversation with this guy and not immidiately be thought of as a troublemaker..

I'm glad you all know more about these stratus' than i do, it helped out. I'm definately gonna film if we race!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:24 PM

ya they are slow... and i agree with them that she has to confront him. i mean its not wrong for you to pick her up and talk **** about his 20 sec car lmao just dont touch him basicly
Old 11-12-2007, 05:57 PM

no offense to ure relationship, but it doesnt sound to healty. You girl could have stopped this when it first started.
1. Tell he shes not intrested in anything but business related convo.
2. Don't pick up the phone when he calls
3. Make it obvious she doesnt care

Once again, if she did that, you wouldnt have this problem....obviously shes still talking to him soooooooo

Quick Reply: Dodge Stratus R/T?? Come on...