War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Dominated An Sti & Rsx

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominated An Sti & Rsx

yeah, so, yesterday was the most heartpounding evening i had since i had my car back with all the new mods...so, a quiet cruise to the local autozone here in clarksville, tn ended up bein a blast... i took my buddy to get some stuff so we can repaint his car, we get there, and in the lot there is RICE everywhere...(minus the STI) so, i pull up, they hear the sound of a not-stock cobalt ss, lol, and obviously the looks... so, they start talkin smack, askin me track times, what i had done, if i wanted to run them all, i was like, eh, you know, i mean, its got "some" stuff done to it, i gotta go in guys... so, they follow me inside,, continuing to talk smack, so i was like,, omg, leave me alone lol, we left... as i'm getting back on 41A they all hop in this guys STI.. (black, gold'ish rims, loud as hell) they get beside me, and me and my buddy can clearly hear that this thing is not stock by any means.... i was like,,, ah man... i'm gonna lose so bad,, so i dropped down to 2nd gear, like, 35 mph or so, waited for the hand drop, and he took off, got a head start on me,, i was like,, here we go!!! so him bein up front already by about a car or so, i picked up boost hardcore, and i was amazed.... i flew past him like he was sittin still!!!!!!! i laughed my ass off!!!!! i could not believe it, cuz i mean, i'm not even all the way tuned yet, and i dont even have a dyno on how i'm setup now, so, i felt empowered bigtime that i just smoked the hell outta this STI, i had to pull over, and walk it out... so then they come rollin up, and he started talkin smack AGAIN!!!!! we was like,, hey man, its over,, you lost, face it,, you got it handed to ya.. the only thing he could do then was just walk away looking at my car shaking his head... so i asked what he had done, he tried tellin me it was all kinda stock, so i had a peek... he had some major work done under the hood so i just laughed, and told him better luck next time as i walked back to my car... then, his buddy in an rsx tried me from a 40 roll, and obviously, long story short, i passed him up like lightning.... no challenge... so yeah, i'm feelin pretty good about myself and my car now, let me know what yall think, and if ya know this STI i spoke of, and you live in this area, lets team up, and take him down together.

sorry, no video of the races... buddy was too busy watching the action.

Last edited by badbaltguy; 05-06-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice and let's move this to war stories
Old 05-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Must have been orgasmic-especially with them talking it up. Sometimes you can't pick your battles, they just happen.

I want some parts,too-
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice! There is a lot of rice in this town. Cobalt what what
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Sweet!

I used to live about a half hour from there.. your mods make your balt sound pretty deadly!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
yeah, so, yesterday was the most heartpounding evening i had since i had my car back with all the new mods...so, a quiet cruise to the local autozone here in clarksville, tn ended up bein a blast... i took my buddy to get some stuff so we can repaint his car, we get there, and in the lot there is RICE everywhere...(minus the STI) so, i pull up, they hear the sound of a not-stock cobalt ss, lol, and obviously the looks... so, they start talkin smack, askin me track times, what i had done, if i wanted to run them all, i was like, eh, you know, i mean, its got "some" stuff done to it, i gotta go in guys... so, they follow me inside,, continuing to talk smack, so i was like,, omg, leave me alone lol, we left... as i'm getting back on 41A they all hop in this guys STI.. (black, gold'ish rims, loud as hell) they get beside me, and me and my buddy can clearly hear that this thing is not stock by any means.... i was like,,, ah man... i'm gonna lose so bad,, so i dropped down to 2nd gear, like, 35 mph or so, waited for the hand drop, and he took off, got a head start on me,, i was like,, here we go!!! so him bein up front already by about a car or so, i picked up boost hardcore, and i was amazed.... i flew past him like he was sittin still!!!!!!! i laughed my ass off!!!!! i could not believe it, cuz i mean, i'm not even all the way tuned yet, and i dont even have a dyno on how i'm setup now, so, i felt empowered bigtime that i just smoked the hell outta this STI, i had to pull over, and walk it out... so then they come rollin up, and he started talkin smack AGAIN!!!!! we was like,, hey man, its over,, you lost, face it,, you got it handed to ya.. the only thing he could do then was just walk away looking at my car shaking his head... so i asked what he had done, he tried tellin me it was all kinda stock, so i had a peek... he had some major work done under the hood so i just laughed, and told him better luck next time as i walked back to my car... then, his buddy in an rsx tried me from a 40 roll, and obviously, long story short, i passed him up like lightning.... no challenge... so yeah, i'm feelin pretty good about myself and my car now, let me know what yall think, and if ya know this STI i spoke of, and you live in this area, lets team up, and take him down together.

major work under the hood? you could just spot major motor work by opening the hood?
good to see you roll raced and not stopped to dig.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
major work under the hood? you could just spot major motor work by opening the hood?
Yeah, that. Please explain.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Omg He Has Teh Nawz And Super Duper Turboz!1!1!11!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

if the sti had MAJOR MOTOR work done, he would have made you look stupid. Not enough mods out yet for the TC to beat a heavily modded STI. But good kill anyways, STIs are always a nice kill.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 PM

major work i would have to assume he means a FMIC, intake, full exhaust, possibly a diff turbo (FP Red/Green??) etc...obv if the guy was being a giant a-hole he wouldnt know if it was tuned or whatever...

awesome kill none the less man!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:19 PM

major work = North of 400whp, this thing was obviously not THAT modded
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post in the correct section noob lol
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 PM

lol,,, number 1 guys... i did not know where to post this, and number 2,,, i meant heavily modded as in what i could see without stripping the engine down lol... he was obviously not stock, and he had a turbo about the size of my s20g. sont know details, it was a quick peek, but lots of fancy stuff under there. and me, i'm not tuned all the way just yet, so i dont know what he was runnin, compared to me. but i was amazed, i thought i was gonna get my ass handed to me, but hey, i drive an SS, aint nothin nowhere got an SS beat... it's all in the SS.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:37 PM

he has all the mods I do guys PLUS a superG. His tune was estimated at an older tune by Hahn at 377WHP. Without giving away his #'s that he had but was retuned down significantly to the 377ish.....if he is easily walkin a (we will call it an STI with likely some bolt-ons and a tune) then when he gets the finalized tune to put him at or above 425WHP I'm "guessing"...........this car is fgoing to be a beast. I'm watching his car closely and have been talking to him for a couple months and trust that he is not fluffing these races. I've beat two STI's in MY car (both from a roll yes) and I'm roughly 308WHP. Awesome car dude, **** all the haters......vids will come soon and the last laugh will be yours.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by SUKXOST
he has all the mods I do guys PLUS a superG. His tune was estimated at an older tune by Hahn at 377WHP. Without giving away his #'s that he had but was retuned down significantly to the 377ish.....if he is easily walkin a (we will call it an STI with likely some bolt-ons and a tune) then when he gets the finalized tune to put him at or above 425WHP I'm "guessing"...........this car is fgoing to be a beast. I'm watching his car closely and have been talking to him for a couple months and trust that he is not fluffing these races. I've beat two STI's in MY car (both from a roll yes) and I'm roughly 308WHP. Awesome car dude, **** all the haters......vids will come soon and the last laugh will be yours.
yeah only people that are haters are the ones that are just mad or jelous lol.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

I dont think anyone is hating, but built sti's easily make that power and most over 500WHP. That would crush his cobalt. Just dont want him to get his hopes up when he actually runs into one of those. Considering the cobalts fueling problem, it seems his car is getting close to being maxed out.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM

the only thing about the STI is there gearing sucks for anything but a dig race...i've ran my buddies from a 40 roll an he pulled at first an than i caught an held half a car on him until 120 where i started to pull away
Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyCM
the only thing about the STI is there gearing sucks for anything but a dig race...i've ran my buddies from a 40 roll an he pulled at first an than i caught an held half a car on him until 120 where i started to pull away
VERY typical race from a dig with STI's! They are hot **** til the mid 3rd gear....then it's bye bye to a $40K car. Thier bad. LOL
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 PM

i was happy as **** that my car with intake pulled away from his lol he wasn't
Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM

So you got a nice little kill on a modded STi here in Clarksville and didnt even send me a PM about it, LOL. Nice kill man, I'm sure there are more to come. You going to the track Friday if it doesnt rain?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 AM

yeah, i'm gonna be there friday night with our car club, D2uned C.C. we gonna meet up there so we can all fill out our entry forms for slammin & jammin... what you got so i know what to look for? and have you seen the STI i was talkin about? its black, gold colored rims, loud as hell, tall black guy drivin it???
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM

yeah, i'm gonna be there friday night with our car club, D2uned C.C. we gonna meet up there so we can all fill out our entry forms for slammin & jammin... what you got so i know what to look for? and have you seen the STI i was talkin about? its black, gold colored rims, loud as hell, tall black guy drivin it???
I mostly drive my black SS/TC, but sometimes I drive my white 05 Mustang GT. Just depends on which car the Wife is driving. This guy I work with wants to meet up there for the 7 o'clock Bracket Racing Friday, so I'll be there from 7 til after Midnight Madness. Just hopefully it doesnt rain. I've probably seen it before, I see STi's all the time around here. Some are decently modded and some are just bolt ons, which arent gonna be that bad from a roll, LOL.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM

VERY typical race from a dig with STI's! They are hot **** til the mid 3rd gear....then it's bye bye to a $40K car. Thier bad. LOL
ill remember that when you cant break 400whp like they do frequently.

and they arent $40k cars.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a guy with a 490whp STI down in FL. ******* beast and a half

Quick Reply: Dominated An Sti & Rsx