War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Dominated An Sti & Rsx

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah thier bad. they bought a car that can handle alot more power than a cobalt. so im not sure why its their bad.

its easy to make power, hooking up is the hard part.

its a great kill but in the end the Sti has alot more potential.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by badbaltguy
they all hop in this guys STI..
aaaaand...there ya go.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JsavageSS/TC
I know a guy with a 490whp STI down in FL. ******* beast and a half
Originally Posted by Nismothecat
yeah thier bad. they bought a car that can handle alot more power than a cobalt. so im not sure why its their bad.

its easy to make power, hooking up is the hard part.

its a great kill but in the end the Sti has alot more potential.
dont let suxkox hear that it might be the end of his world. his bad.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
ill remember that when you cant break 400whp like they do frequently.

and they arent $40k cars.
Whatever bro....there are more than a few over 400. My car with even just the superG is 425WHP-ish. A new loaded STI is not 40K? I guess you're right I looked it up....36K.

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impre...sti/build.html

my loaded SS/TC vs STI= 22K vs 36K

Less than 4K into mine (including cosmetic and audio upgrades)and add a couple more K's for the superG =28K

28K 425WHP cobalt ss tc VS a stock 305CRANK HP STI for 36K

Gee....I wonder whats a better buy

Last edited by SUKXOST; 05-07-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: texting
Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by SUKXOST
Whatever bro....there are more than a few over 400. My car with even just the superG is 425WHP-ish. A new loaded STI is not 40K? I guess you're right I looked it up....36K.

Less than 4K into mine (including cosmetic and audio upgrades)and add a couple more K's for the superG =28K

28K 425WHP cobalt ss tc VS a stock 305CRANK HP STI

tell that to your front wheels...

im sorry man, i forgot the cobalt is such a superior car to the sti, i mean its had such a long history in the scene.. god complex much. oh wait you have baby jesus' motor. i forgot, my BAD.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM

I said it was a better buy ya fat ****. Did not say it was a superior car......big difference. All things considered I'd still buy a TC if for nothing else than STI's are the new civic. Everybody ****** has one.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM

tell that to your front wheels...

im sorry man, i forgot the cobalt is such a superior car to the sti, i mean its had such a long history in the scene.. god complex much. oh wait you have baby jesus' motor. i forgot, my BAD.
considering you 28k SS/TC will not have a warranty, will not hold its value worth a ****, with 425whp the engine wont last as long. i think the SS is an awesome buy but the Sti just plain has more potential. the SS can make big power but it cant put it down like a Sti.

kinda like comparing a Mustang GT and a Cobalt SS. sure they are about the same stock but you start modding them and the GT will own the SS.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

28K 425WHP cobalt ss tc VS a stock 305CRANK HP STI for 36K

Cobalt <STI all day everyday. Put the same amount of money into an STI. STI is that much money for a reason. Solid tranny and AWD make it worth the cost alone. I hate when people make money comparisons like that, it makes no sense. Its like saying your cobalt took out a vette and only cost you a total of 30k....do you really think your car is better than a vette? please...

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
considering you 28k SS/TC will not have a warranty, will not hold its value worth a ****, with 425whp the engine wont last as long. i think the SS is an awesome buy but the Sti just plain has more potential. the SS can make big power but it cant put it down like a Sti.

kinda like comparing a Mustang GT and a Cobalt SS. sure they are about the same stock but you start modding them and the GT will own the SS.

True statment.

In terms of whats the better buy its still the STI, because mod for mod it owns the cobalt and can actually put the power to the ground.

Last edited by Mike09SS; 05-07-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Say what you want....as I am. I'd rather have my car than a modded STI. I'm not willing to pay what you have to to get the STI. I'm curious why you guys are on the STI's nuts.....but own cobalts.....you think they are better go buy one. If you can't then you settled for a Cobalt which contradicts you arguing that it's a much lesser car??? Interesting.
I personally love my TC. As far as arguing price......it's a very fair judge of what you get dollar for dollar. IMO the TC is much better than the STI. The TC is one of the most underestimated cars on the streets by far. Not a lot of them around as well makes it more intriguing to me.

hondas
mustangs
EVO's
WRX's

^^^bandwagon staples
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Stock for stock the STi and SS/TC is a pretty good comparison. In the 1/4 mile it all depends on the driver, and in the twisties I think the SS/TC could get it. From a roll the SS/TC has the advantage. But like others have said, start dropping money into each car and start watching the STi pull away. Either way I rather have my SS/TC over an STi anyday, about 10-12k cheaper brand new and not that many around which has already been stated.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Say what you want....as I am. I'd rather have my car than a modded STI. I'm not willing to pay what you have to to get the STI. I'm curious why you guys are on the STI's nuts.....but own cobalts.....you think they are better go buy one. If you can't then you settled for a Cobalt which contradicts you arguing that it's a much lesser car??? Interesting.
I personally love my TC. As far as arguing price......it's a very fair judge of what you get dollar for dollar. IMO the TC is much better than the STI. The TC is one of the most underestimated cars on the streets by far. Not a lot of them around as well makes it more intriguing to me.

hondas
mustangs
EVO's
WRX's

^^^bandwagon staples
not on the STi's nuts lol. Just stating its an all around better car with more potential. I would buy one but there a bit out of my price range and buying a used sti is not to smart since people beat the **** out of them.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM

yeah...Ive test drove 2 just to see what all the craze is and was not impressed....they were both beat to hell you could tell.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Not to get off topic but SUKXOST I saw in your VB garage that you have the Direzza Z1 Star Spec's, I was thinking about getting those or the Eagle F1 GS-D3's, how do you like the Direzza's compared to the stock Conti's?

And STi's are weaksauce...lulz, not really, I'm just jealous my car isn't AWD. Then maybe our launch control would actually be good for something when you're tuned besides laying a 100ft strip of rubber,
Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 PM

The spec1's are very nice....even going from stock to more HP.....they wheels spin less when I punch it. They respond really well. They have a hard sidewall so they don't really crimple when dropping air pressure for the track.....but they have a huge contact patch so they work nice.....I just wish I'd have gone 235's instead of 225. Live and learn
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Nice, I've heard nothing but good things about them and they are about 25 bucks cheaper per tire than the GS-D3's (which I've also heard nothing but good things about) so I'll probably go with the Direzza's. Definitely will go with the 235's.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM

i just got some nittos 555's have yet to try them out but so far just gettin on it a bit i've yet to spin haven't tried launchin hard yet though just a bit when i raced a saturn redline
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM

drive both cars on a rainy day, and tell me your not impressed.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 PM

yeah...Ive test drove 2 just to see what all the craze is and was not impressed....they were both beat to hell you could tell.
they were beat to hell and your werent impressed. you are one of the dumbest people alive. your going to base your judgement of the car as a whole on two beat cars you test drove? then go and **** the **** out of the tailpipe of your brand new car? the new ones are a joke. i hope you run into an sti that ***** on your face, because your all nonsense. the cobalt is cheaper, woo hoo. tell me what the cobalt has the sti doesnt? is it adjustable differential? no wait thats the sti. is it heavier aftermarket? nope sti again. nuthuggers... there you go, gave you one. lets see what bullshit you can come up with about price and yadda yadda yadda.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Premium Member

they were beat to hell and your werent impressed. you are one of the dumbest people alive. your going to base your judgement of the car as a whole on two beat cars you test drove? then go and **** the **** out of the tailpipe of your brand new car? the new ones are a joke. i hope you run into an sti that ***** on your face, because your all nonsense. the cobalt is cheaper, woo hoo. tell me what the cobalt has the sti doesnt? is it adjustable differential? no wait thats the sti. is it heavier aftermarket? nope sti again. nuthuggers... there you go, gave you one. lets see what bullshit you can come up with about price and yadda yadda yadda.
Well the STI doesn't have:
-A Lower price MSRP
-Cheaper Parts
-Parts that have as much bang for your buck (Compare exhaust systems for the 2.)

But the STI does have:
-Higher douchebag status
-AWD
-Unreliable Engines (I have a friend that is on his 2nd STI motor, and barely modified either one.)
-Cool sound of the exhaust
-Nice interior
-Fun for all weather
-32,000+ Dollar price tag

Honestly if I was going to spend that much money on a sports car, I would get a Lotus Exige, Used Z06, or if I honestly had to get AWD,a used S4.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM

FYI-the comment was clearly directed towards the comment before I said that that all the used ones are beat up from previous owners so not worth buying a used one.

off the top of my head:

no lift shift and stock Brembos I'd say are nothing to scoff at.

I'll take the 14K or better I'll save on buying the TC vs the STI and send your mom that backpay for child support I owe her. By the way......you ever get that baseball glove I sent you?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 AM

well the cobalt has an engine bay with easier access for most everything than the STI
Old 05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

ok kids, knock this **** off already.

/thread