War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Don't talk S*#T if you can't back it up

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't talk S*#T if you can't back it up

So nothing pisses me off more then people who run their mouths, except for people who run their mouths and have no idea what they are talking about. Story as follows:

My 2 buddies just bought new vehicles. My one friend bought a 2008 silverado with the 5.3L engine. My other buddy bought a 2008 Honda Accord with the 3.5L V6. So the two of them were out (I wasn't there this night) and they decided they were going to go race. My buddy with the Silverado had been talking smack about how fast his truck was. Well, the accord took him pretty easily from a 60 roll.

So a couple nights later I am out hanging with both of them and the guy with the accord starts talking about how he smoked my buddies Silverado. Then looks out at my car and says "I bet I can smoke that POS cobalt that you think is fast too". Now mind you, I stayed completely out of their "my car is faster than yours" arguments because 1. I don't really care that much and 2. I know my car is faster than both of theirs and I have nothing to prove. After the guy with the accord said that, I told him that I don't think he wants to race me and that I seriously doubt he has any chance in hell of "smoking" me. He kept talking **** all night so I just ignored him (because I really didn't care). So after a while I finally get tired and decide it is time for me to go home. I go out and get in my car, let it warm up for a minute then take off towards the highway on my way home.

I just pulled out onto the road going to the highway (highway is about 1/2 mile down the road) then all of a sudden a car flys past me going the wrong way on the other side of the road and cuts me off. It is my ******* buddy with his Honda Accord. So I am like, WTF is his damn problem that he wants to race me SOOO bad. (I found out later that when I was leaving my other buddy with the Silverado told the guy with the Accord that I always talk about how fast my car is and that he should go beat me in a race so I would stop saying my car was fast.) Well he pulls onto the highway in front of me and I look up the highway and see there are no cars in sight at all so I decide F it, if he wants to run that bad I will run him. So I go to pull up next to him and he cuts me off and brake checks me then he takes off! Now at this point I was just pissed, so i downshift to 2nd and take off. he had a 3 car lead on me by this time but it was unfortunately not enough. As soon as I hit the gas I instantly started to pull on him. By the top of third gear I flew past him and shifted to fourth and just kept pulling him. After I had about a 5 bus length lead on him I let off and slowed back to the speed limit. Needless to say, he now looks like a complete tool for running his mouth all night to everyone when *HE* got smoked.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalts 1
Honads 0
i spelled incorrectly on purpose
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM

good job of silencing the haters and not being an arrogant douchebag
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM

wow i dont think a friend would brake check anyone that guy who is your so called friend is a total douche i dont know if your buddy buddy with him but i dont care if your gonna race be fair an not stupid if you can take it to the tracks but if not and your like the douche with the honda then be safe as **** and try not to wreck each other while settling a score i hope your friend with the honda wrecks his car and its all his fault
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guardian314
wow i dont think a friend would brake check anyone that guy who is your so called friend is a total douche i dont know if your buddy buddy with him but i dont care if your gonna race be fair an not stupid if you can take it to the tracks but if not and your like the douche with the honda then be safe as **** and try not to wreck each other while settling a score i hope your friend with the honda wrecks his car and its all his fault
QFT! I'd start looking for new friends. Someone who acts/drives like that just because he thinks he's hot **** and wants to "prove" it on the street isn't someone I'd want to be hanging around with.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:56 PM

I don't even think 'accord' and fast go in the same sentence.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:02 PM

The person who cuts me off, then proceeds to brake check me on the highway, gets their head dented. Simple. Put my life on the line, eat through a straw for a month.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
going in my sig
Old 09-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Yeah stuff like that pisses me off too. Now the new Accord & Camry V6's are pretty quick no doubt. But compared to a SS/SC w mods, and especially the SS/TC they don't stand a chance... Nice one putting the arrogant S.O.B Honda Accord owner back in his place...
Old 09-09-2008, 04:07 PM

"accords are not fast"

haha proved you wrong
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
The person who cuts me off, then proceeds to brake check me on the highway, gets their head dented. Simple. Put my life on the line, eat through a straw for a month.
LOL for real! Most people would have t-boned him the first time, rear ended him for spite the second time, and/or beat the ever loving **** out of him when it was over.

I seriously don't know what goes through the minds of some people....except fragments of their crushed skull when their stupidity finally catches up to them.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
He probably will go on to say that he beat you. No witnesses = his story against yours. Thats why I love settling grudge matches at the track... you get to embarass the other person in front of THOUSANDS of people.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:12 PM

friend or no friend even buddy, you cut me off pull a stunt like that, i'd beat your ass silly
you'd be eating soup for a month

buddy sounds like a looser
Old 09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Yeah stuff like that pisses me off too. Now the new Accord & Camry V6's are pretty quick no doubt. But compared to a SS/SC w mods, and especially the SS/TC they don't stand a chance... Nice one putting the arrogant S.O.B Honda Accord owner back in his place...
I saw a completely stock 6spd Coupe Accord go 13.9 @ 102 last week.

Truth.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
A newer one, Slow Sho?

The New Accord's and Camry's are rumored to run Low 14's/high 13's in stock form.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM

Your buddy with the Silverado should be slapped. They are 8.0 sec 0-60. Yeah they seem fast but what a tool.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM

I saw one run 15.2 last week....but they should be faster than a stage 2 balt
Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I saw a completely stock 6spd Coupe Accord go 13.9 @ 102 last week.

Truth.
?????

Nahhhhh! LOLZ. Ur crazy man.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
?????

Nahhhhh! LOLZ. Ur crazy man.
I don't know about the Accord... but I know that on Road & Tracks fastest cars for under $25k, the Camry was like #2 last year with a 14.1 @99... or something along those lines. Its been a while since I saw it. Only the WRX was faster.

Cars are getting fast these days man. Cars you wouldn't expect.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
I don't know about the Accord... but I know that on Road & Tracks fastest cars for under $25k, the Camry was like #2 last year with a 14.1 @99... or something along those lines. Its been a while since I saw it. Only the WRX was faster.

Cars are getting fast these days man. Cars you wouldn't expect.
Theyre no competition though. Modders mod, camrys stay stock. No need to worry there.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM

what kind of idiot or "friend" brake checks his friend with his brand new car? he is an idot by default but you are an idot by association. i would a pulled over like something was wrong with my car and when he stopped to check on me i woulda gave him the beating of his life.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:25 PM

For almost 30k after tax and tags they'd better be at least low 14's. Too much of a family sedan. Honda gets that V6 in a 3,000 pound RWD car (or less) though, and it'll own some serious ****.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:04 PM

glad to know im not the only one here who would be beating his "friend" for checking him i thought i was gonna get chewed out for saying some of the stuff i said, i know im a little new with little posts you know but its ******* common sense you dont **** around like that with anyone not even your friends at least i know you guys got my back when it comes to reasoning cobaltss.net FTW!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER

i was waiting for someone to say that
Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In most cases, yes, but I beg to differ. Gotta buddy, his name is Chip Con (weird, I know), and he has a honda accord that is pretty bad ass. Runs low 13's in the 1320. I'll see if I can get a video from him. It looks like ****, but it's fast as hell. Gotta friend on here that can vouch for me as well... He's seen it.

Unfortunately, he's blown the motor in it for the third time because he doesn't get his car tuned right. He just does it himself.

Nice kill tho man. Way to shut him up

Quick Reply: Don't talk S*#T if you can't back it up