War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Don't talk S*#T if you can't back it up

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Because you went from its gonna happen in a year to its now plan and it will be a year ot two.

12sec crashed cobra? What the hell does that mean?

oh ya ur tottaly right since im psychic and i know what ill be doing a year to 2 years from now.

u have to plan things. u dont just make final answers that are miles away. i say i am going to get it, that is the PLAN...

u big dummy.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
04Yellow owns this thread.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0
oh ya ur tottaly right since im psychic and i know what ill be doing a year to 2 years from now.

u have to plan things. u dont just make final answers that are miles away. i say i am going to get it, that is the PLAN...

u big dummy.
So in other words you don't have the money to do afford one? So basically I was right. This what you are hoping/dreaming for.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM

So in other words you don't have the money to do afford one? So basically I was right. This what you are hoping/dreaming for.
wow,.....no.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM

wow,.....no.
THen why are you waiting 1-2 years?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:03 PM

THen why are you waiting 1-2 years?
alright let me lay it out for u.

240sx= drift car

drifting can/is a expensive sport especially buying new clutches and tires and repairing body kits. it adds up and was usually 10-20 events a year when daily drifter was alive and formula d proam qualifying

88 5.0 mustang gt= drag car

i recently blew my 5.0 motor, almost have the money for a 327, drag racing adds up too

my cobalt ss/tc= my daily driver

i gotta pay the insane gas prices

i also have a little girl to support.

after all the expenses above, i still have plenty left over for life in general and for savings.

savings= zr1, i have also mentioned camaro ss and skyline project, but zr1 is first priority

this is why i said i can afford it by next year or so, and im talking about a down payment not full price, i know i didnt mention that. i cant just throw out money right now or ill be shooting myself in the foot twice

better now?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:36 PM

Boy has this thread gone off topic
Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 PM

Sure what ever like I said I believe when I see.

What was done to your 5.0?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 AM

new intake mani. afr heads, edelbrock water pump, headers, and flow master exhaust
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 AM

alright let me lay it out for u.

240sx= drift car

drifting can/is a expensive sport especially buying new clutches and tires and repairing body kits. it adds up and was usually 10-20 events a year when daily drifter was alive and formula d proam qualifying

88 5.0 mustang gt= drag car

i recently blew my 5.0 motor, almost have the money for a 327, drag racing adds up too

my cobalt ss/tc= my daily driver

i gotta pay the insane gas prices

i also have a little girl to support.

after all the expenses above, i still have plenty left over for life in general and for savings.

savings= zr1, i have also mentioned camaro ss and skyline project, but zr1 is first priority

this is why i said i can afford it by next year or so, and im talking about a down payment not full price, i know i didnt mention that. i cant just throw out money right now or ill be shooting myself in the foot twice

better now?
your dad got his own compagnie in a oil rig and you worry ABOUT GAZ PRICE. wtf dude you are full of bullshit.....
Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
your dad got his own compagnie in a oil rig and you worry ABOUT GAZ PRICE. wtf dude you are full of bullshit.....
That just means his parents have money, That dosent mean his parents are going to pay for everything for him.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Faith IMO has nothing to do with looking at general things like what we are talking about here. I am by no means "holy roller" and I’ve been to church like 5 times in my whole life but I still believe in god.

Its not the fact that the kid does or doesn’t have wealthy parents but that he thinks that he is going to get and pay for half of $100k sports car which is going for $30-50k+ over sticker. Hell my parents are fairly wealthy too and my dad could probably buy me one too but doesn’t mean he will. Not to mention **** doesn’t add up. He is thinking about a $100k+ ZR1 or a $40k Camaro because insurance is cheaper. So you can afford a $100k but can’t afford the insurance? LOL Plus MOST smart parents don’t buy there kids, especially ones that have already been in an accident, a fast car let alone a super car.

As for my life style and how I was raised and taken care of, I by no means had it rough. I had good parents, a roof over my head, wore nice clothes and ate good meals pretty much the necessities in life. When it came to other stuff it was pretty much up to me, movies, games, ect was stupid in my dads eyes. My dad had me working in his fabrication shop when I was 13 where I made 5.15/hr for 2 years. I had to work my way up just like everybody else or worse for that matter, I was doing the same stuff the guy beside me was doing for 10-15/hr. I was learning to weld by 14 and paint by 16, all of which I still do today.

They bought me my first car and even the GT I own now but I ended up paying them back for the GT when I was 17. I paid for every mod that has went on the car except for the short block which my dad paid 1,500 of that for Christmas one year. The Shelby me and my dad went halves on in Nov 06 and I ended up buying his half last year. I park it at his house most of the time because I don’t have room for it where I live.

To say I had it easy and didn’t work as hard as others is BS. I was treated like an employee at work and at home because as soon as I got done working a 9hr day in the summer I still had to mow the 5acres of lawn and what ever else needed done at the house. To say the least I deserve everything I WORKED HARD to get.
He never specified how much he is going to be putting down.

That must be nice getting ur first car and GT from ur parents. Also making that much pay when you were 13 and learning real world experience.

I had a bunch of shitty ass paper routes that didnt pay no where near as much.

$10-15 an hour? Must have been nice too. I was making around $5 an hour back then. 9 hour work days? Try 16 hr work days for me on more occasions then Id like. You havent worked as near as hard as most people out there. And those people make MUCH less pay. You were pampered. You may have worked, but at 10-15 an hour when ur a teen, U DAMN WELL BETTER WORK. If not youd just be an idiot with that amount of pay available to you.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC

That must be nice getting ur first car and GT from ur parents. Also making that much pay when you were 13 and learning real world experience.

$10-15 an hour? Must have been nice too. I was making around $5 an hour back then. 9 hour work days? Try 16 hr work days for me on more occasions then Id like. You havent worked as near as hard as most people out there. And those people make MUCH less pay. You were pampered. You may have worked, but at 10-15 an hour when ur a teen, U DAMN WELL BETTER WORK. If not youd just be an idiot with that amount of pay available to you.
obviously u had enough to make a payment for the jack-0-lantern

i can guarantee u that a zr1 will be up for sale within a few years. someone is gonna buy it and not be able to pay it off and then sell it back and then it will sell for a little cheaper. thats how i see it, gain from other peoples losses
Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM

READ WHAT I WROTE

I ended up paying them back for the GT.

I also was making 5.15/hr when I was 13 and 14. I said I was doing the same work that the guys making 10-15/hr were doing. I didn't make 15/hr untill I was 15/16. I make 25/hr now. During the summers I work 53hrs/week total 9hrs Mon-Fri and 8hrs on Sat.

No offense dude you don't have a clue how hard I work and what I do. I was not pamapered one bit where I worked. I had to prove myself prolly more so than anyone out there becasue most guys at first thought I had it easy as the bosses son. I don't know what you do but working where I work and building what I do is not easy work by any means. My screwed up back and knees prove that. In the summers when its 90*+ and welding on the floor with all you gear on its hot a hell. Not to mention the fact that I paint too and thats a pain in the ass do to the size of **** we make.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM

READ WHAT I WROTE

I also was making 5.15/hr when I was 13 and 14. I said I was doing the same work that the guys making 10-15/hr were doing. I didn't make 15/hr untill I was 15/16. I make 25/hr now. During the summers I work 53hrs/week total 9hrs Mon-Fri and 8hrs on Sat.

No offense dude you don't have a clue how hard I work and what I do. I was not pamapered one bit where I worked. I had to prove myself prolly more so than anyone out there becasue most guys at first thought I had it easy as the bosses son. I don't know what you do but working where I work and building what I do is not easy work by any means. My screwed up back and knees prove that. In the summers when its 90*+ and welding on the floor with all you gear on its hot a hell. Not to mention the fact that I paint too and thats a pain in the ass do to the size of **** we make.

yup. even though im the bosses son, i got no speical treatment either. only thing i got was longer lunch breaks
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM

READ WHAT I WROTE

$15 an hour at 15yrs old? Holy hell. Im just pointing out you may work, JUST like everyone else does, but you have a PAY advantage from your parents.

Honestly Im glad ur not completely pampered by them like most kids are. At least you had to work to get things. The thing that really sucks though, is working, making $10 an hour, going to college full time, and doing service one of the weekend. Im a college student and I dont even make what you were making at 15 yrs old. Thats pampering right there.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 09-12-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM

$15 an hour at 15yrs old? Holy hell. Im just pointing out you may work, JUST like everyone else does, but you have a PAY advantage from your parents.

Honestly Im glad ur not completely pampered by them like most kids are. At least you had to work to get things. The thing that really sucks though, is making $10 an hour, going to college full time, and doing service one of the weekend. Im a college student and I dont even make what you were making at 15 yrs old. Thats pampering right there.

crap, the army isnt paying me enough either lol
Old 09-12-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I find it amazing how far off topic one post can get... LOL
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM

So, back on topic... yeah Accords are meant to be a family car with some power to keep dad happy. Can't say I've too many modded V6 accords out there (seen a lot of riced-out older ones though).

They aren't fast, just like a S2 ain't fast. Decently quick, yes. Fast? Depends on your definition of fast I guess.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Badju587
So, back on topic... yeah Accords are meant to be a family car with some power to keep dad happy. Can't say I've too many modded V6 accords out there (seen a lot of riced-out older ones though).

They aren't fast, just like a S2 ain't fast. Decently quick, yes. Fast? Depends on your definition of fast I guess.

fast for old people
Old 09-12-2008, 06:02 PM

fast for old people
s2k is aight. id rather drive a rsx or a crx
Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM

I believe it I smoked a Honda Accord V6 with my Cobalt. After I walked him, he backed off and stopped reving his car against mine lol
Old 09-12-2008, 06:55 PM

Honestly Im glad ur not completely pampered by them like most kids are. At least you had to work to get things. The thing that really sucks though, is working, making $10 an hour, going to college full time, and doing service one of the weekend. Im a college student and I dont even make what you were making at 15 yrs old. Thats pampering right there.
I was/am a welder and painter dude, welders and painters make good money. I was making the same pay as everyone else doing the same job as everyone else. How is that an advantage? Obviosly you don't know what they make so you look at $15/hr and think holly ****. Im not sweeping floors or flipping burgers here. I had to get certified and everything.

The only advantage I had was I was actually being allowed to work there since he owned it becasue leagally you have to be 16 to work in a place like that. IIRC
Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM

I was/am a welder and painter dude, welders and painters make good money. I was making the same pay as everyone else doing the same job as everyone else. How is that an advantage? Obviosly you don't know what they make so you look at $15/hr and think holly ****. Im not sweeping floors or flipping burgers here. I had to get certified and everything.

The only advantage I had was I was actually being allowed to work there since he owned it becasue leagally you have to be 16 to work in a place like that. IIRC
OK, so you were making the same pay at 15, as older men were making, who have been working much longer than you at their jobs. How is that not an advantage over everyone else? If I heard that the bosses 13 yr old son was making the same pay as me Id probly find another job.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 PM

OK, so you were making the same pay at 15, as older men were making, who have been working much longer than you at their jobs. How is that not an advantage over everyone else? If I heard that the bosses 13 yr old son was making the same pay as me Id probly find another job.
15/hr is starting pay for anyone that works there. Plus that was after having 2years experience working there so I was 15. At the end of the day I knew my **** at 15 which is why I making what I was making. They could give me a print and I could go to town on my own. Age has nothing to do with how you work or what you know, I don't know how many people would get out there and not know how to read a print and I could weld circles around almost all the guys there.

Once again you have no clue of my work experience or what I did at that time.

Quick Reply: Don't talk S*#T if you can't back it up