War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Even with the 6.0 GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to say something about this one part......that's pretty bad. Just b/c YOU haven't seen them run any better, doesn't mean they can't....just means people REALLY can't drive in your area...lol

That's like me saying Cobalt SS S/C's are slow, I've only seen them run high 15's (which was the case when I first started seeing them at the track...lol)
I agree.

Just goes to show you how easy it is to make up for dang near a full second in the quartermile depending on driver, plus forced induction cars and NA cars run different in different regions.

Hence why making a statement that a car only capable of maybe a second faster quartermile will DOMINATE the slower car regardless is just not true. 1 second can be made up for on the street (or track for that matter) simply by being able to drive. For instance, I beat a M5 in my 00 SS (even though they are paddle shift, go figure), but the guy just bought the car and simply sucked. But if you magazine race...there is NO WAY I should have beaten him.

So for like the 5th time...anything can happen and to say a car is faster simply because of what others say or magazines say...is ridiculous. People wouldn't race for money on the street if the faster car always wins.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt443
I just have to say something about this one part......that's pretty bad. Just b/c YOU haven't seen them run any better, doesn't mean they can't....just means people REALLY can't drive in your area...lol

That's like me saying Cobalt SS S/C's are slow, I've only seen them run high 15's (which was the case when I first started seeing them at the track...lol)

you dont know the track prep of that night. who are you to say they cannot drive. a 105 car that runs MID 13's isnt fast, sorry. no launching ability. next. theres a reason the gto is pretty much dead. great interior though.

as for the f-bod thing, i told ya i skipped all the hoot-inanie, i never cared to learn frame types anyways.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM

you dont know the track prep of that night. who are you to say they cannot drive. a 105 car that runs MID 13's isnt fast, sorry. no launching ability. next. theres a reason the gto is pretty much dead. great interior though.
VERY True! Great point camp!

as for the f-bod thing, i told ya i skipped all the hoot-inanie, i never cared to learn frame types anyways.
Nice cars man you missed out haha
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM

hey cody! i was the one driving the 2000 camaro ss, and didn't have two whole cars on the FNFAST cobalt. As far as not being able to drive son, bring your ass and shitty GTO up to WIR anytime!!!!!!!!!! and if you can run a faster QUARTER mile in my car, than I can in my car Ill sign you the title on the spot! BUT bring the title to that BOAT you are so proud of cuz IF you cant then YOU can sign its title over to me. DEAL?????????
BRING IT BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LUCKY333; 01-08-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM

holy ***** where have you been man? Are you reading this crap?You have a kid trying to tell a guy who has dragged the dam cars for 7+ years what they can and can't do

You know that Cody won't believe you, but I pray to god he takes you up on your offer, that would be a sweet and humbling experience for him.

In fact I can't wait until you run this summer in general to put up some numbers. Half these guys on here think they are John force so if they can't break good numbers...no one else can. And if some one does...the other guy obviously couldnt drive I mean if a cobalt beats a GTO it is because the GTO driver can't drive...never because the guy in the cobalt could actually drive.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKY333
hey cody! i was the one driving the 2000 camaro ss, and didn't have two whole cars on the FNFAST cobalt. As far as not being able to drive son, bring your ass and shitty GTO up to WIR anytime!!!!!!!!!! and if you can run a fast QUARTER mile than I can in my car Ill sign you the title on the spot! BUT bring the title to that BOAT you are so proud of cuz IF you cant then YOU can sign its title over to me. DEAL?????????
BRING IT BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
lol

we only race fo pinks suckah!

lol i just noticed the only car in this picture with duals is the only four cylinder LOL!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM

Also to say its so ricer to say a camaro is made for the 1/4 is a retarded statement. COUNT, next time the # of camaro drag cars you see at a pro street or pro stock NHRA race next time you are at the track. Sounds like you havent ever been to a drag race track. FNFAST dont argue with this young guy any more he talks out of his ASS and his league.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 PM

lol

we only race fo pinks suckah!

Wouldn't be the first car he has won that way.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
holy ***** where have you been man? Are you reading this crap?You have a kid trying to tell a guy who has dragged the dam cars for 7+ years what they can and can't do

You know that Cody won't believe you, but I pray to god he takes you up on your offer, that would be a sweet and humbling experience for him.

In fact I can't wait until you run this summer in general to put up some numbers. Half these guys on here think they are John force so if they can't break good numbers...no one else can. And if some one does...the other guy obviously couldnt drive I mean if a cobalt beats a GTO it is because the GTO driver can't drive...never because the guy in the cobalt could actually drive.
well usually when a low 13 second car loses to a high 13 second car, it is because the other driver isn't great...a great driver can't make a car faster than it's peak performance, but a bad driver can totally destroy the performance of a car. odds are, if lucky actually raced for "pinks" with cody he would lose his car, because cody's car is undoubtedly the faster car...personally i have had problems with cody in the past, but there is no denying this and it is stupid to say "bring yo title foo" you are just gonna look like a ricer.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM

well usually when a low 13 second car loses to a high 13 second car, it is because the other driver isn't great...a great driver can't make a car faster than it's peak performance, but a bad driver can totally destroy the performance of a car. odds are, if lucky actually raced for "pinks" with cody he would lose his car, because cody's car is undoubtedly the faster car...personally i have had problems with cody in the past, but there is no denying this and it is stupid to say "bring yo title foo" you are just gonna look like a ricer.
Lucky meant draggin his SS/SC and then letting cody drive his SS/SC...pink slip over who the better driver is.

It was to shut him up in case he used the "driver defense"
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM

gro! I meant two drivers, same car, same track, same nite. I dont wanna race at a half to almost full second disadvantage! He is the dumb kid NOT I. I meant he can drive my car! sorry should have made that a little clearer. Wasnt tryin to say my car was faster. I wanted to shut his mouth about how great he THINKS he can drive.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

LUCKY333, I would put $1000 on the fact that I will out drive you same car same track.

And how does seeing alot of Camaro's at a drag strip have to do with weither or not they were made for the 1/4? If you were smart you would realize they can handle as good as they can go straight.

Now quit stroking FNFAST's riced out woody.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Cody I said a car not a measely $1ooo.oo! I just heard your mincey ****** ***** shrivel.
What happened to your confidence?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:39 PM

LUCKY333, I would put $1000 on the fact that I will out drive you same car same track.

way to puss out there cody...

Now quit stroking FNFAST's riced out woody
Wow...I am sure you are crying right now aren't you lucky.

Great comeback kid... great comeback.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:40 PM

I never said ANYTHING about the camaro'S handling. And if you stop to think about WHY you see so many at the track it is because they are awesome drag cars and every real car guy knows that.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKY333
hey cody! i was the one driving the 2000 camaro ss, and didn't have two whole cars on the FNFAST cobalt. As far as not being able to drive son, bring your ass and shitty GTO up to WIR anytime!!!!!!!!!! and if you can run a faster QUARTER mile in my car, than I can in my car Ill sign you the title on the spot! BUT bring the title to that BOAT you are so proud of cuz IF you cant then YOU can sign its title over to me. DEAL?????????

what does the"FNFAST" Cobalt run in the 1/4? most, not all, but most LS1's are mid 13's, stick and hell, anything can happen, from a high 12-low 14..
Old 01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

So are you going to put up an additional $10,000?

Not that i'm worried about losing mine but yours isn't worth $32,000. If I wanted another POS Cobalt i'd buy one.

By the way how would you explain that one to the bank? They usually require the loan to be paid in full before releasing the title.

LUCKY333 said:
" I never said ANYTHING about the camaro'S handling. And if you stop to think about WHY you see so many at the track it is because they are awesome drag cars and every real car guy knows that. "

Are you trying to call yourself a car guy now? The more you post the dumber you sound. A real car guy wouldn't need to talk in ricer lingo like you and FNSLOW.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 PM

OH **** thats a nasty SUV! And may I say That is a 1000% true statement. But if you will read backwards in my post, we went from a roll. I know that from a dig that FNFASTs 2000SS camaro is faster period, than his 2006 cobalt SS. That being said you must realize that wasnt the arguement.

SWEET ASS SUV dude!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Hey cody YOU got me! I am not a REAL car Guy. Myself and TWO other guys ( one of which is FNFAST) go to gator nationals EVERY year, And I know John FORCE and his family personally. YOU still are talkin smack boy and havent accepted my offer. MY CAR has NO LEIN. TELL me when AND where you want to lose your car, AND pride son. I have been racing before you were Crotch soup!!! I love smart little internet TOUGH guys like you that do nothing more than ramble ignorant remarks to try and appear Knowledgeable.
Just because your GTO is a nice and mildly fast street car, doesnt mean you know **** about driving! Just read and leave the chatting to us men. Just because your car is the fastest thing youve ever been in doesnt mean NOTHING! I can bring a low 9 second camaro if you want to keep dissing my daily driver, which by the way I NEVER said was FAST! I can send you some pics but you probably be confused by things in it you see such as a trans brake. I issued a driving challenge to you, EITHER accept or STFU!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 AM

gto's are slow
Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 AM

Hey cody YOU got me! I am not a REAL car Guy. Myself and TWO other guys ( one of which is FNFAST) go to gator nationals EVERY year, And I know John FORCE and his family personally. YOU still are talkin smack boy and havent accepted my offer. MY CAR has NO LEIN. TELL me when AND where you want to lose your car, AND pride son. I have been racing before you were Crotch soup!!! I love smart little internet TOUGH guys like you that do nothing more than ramble ignorant remarks to try and appear Knowledgeable.
Just because your GTO is a nice and mildly fast street car, doesnt mean you know **** about driving! Just read and leave the chatting to us men. Just because your car is the fastest thing youve ever been in doesnt mean NOTHING! I can bring a low 9 second camaro if you want to keep dissing my daily driver, which by the way I NEVER said was FAST! I can send you some pics but you probably be confused by things in it you see such as a trans brake. I issued a driving challenge to you, EITHER accept or STFU!
^^^^^ ^^^^^^

BURNT.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 AM

what does the"FNFAST" Cobalt run in the 1/4
Haven't ran it yet..I just rolled 1000 miles...plus wisconsin equals winter.

Besides...we are not talking quartermile...quartermile times don't mean much unless your running quartermile. A buddy of ours has a 600 horse supra that runs 13.2's in the quarter because of traction issues. That must certainly mean a GTO can beat that car too from a roll right?

But not to worry...I can't wait to hit the strip this summer and I will certainly post my times. I doubt I will cut times as good as Lucky333 will...but I will certainly cut some good ones..I can promise you that.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=codyss;734210]So are you going to put up an additional $10,000?

Not that i'm worried about losing mine but yours isn't worth $32,000. If I wanted another POS Cobalt i'd buy one.

^ so what makes the gto so great the irs, or maybe the fact that its 3800 pounds? have fun payin ten grand more for your almighty gto.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 AM

If I wanted another POS Cobalt i'd buy one.

You spend alot of time (running your mouth none the less)on a website devoted to a so called POS don't you?

Makes perfect sense...you think a car is a POS so you hang out on the website telling everyone what their car can't do...but what your new car is more than capable of...

your a loser
Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 AM

x2 man

Quick Reply: Even with the 6.0 GTO???