War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Even with the 6.0 GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a sweet SS Tony...I take it that is the AWD trailblazer?

All you have is a tune and high stall for 12.5! holy crap...guess the AWD helps with the launch huh

HEY LSJ...Were you at the wisconsin meet this last weekend?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 PM

his ss is rwd look at the pick they get out of the hole like crazy from whta ive been told.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:09 PM

wisconsin meet seeming as i am in michigan no
Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM

It is not really wisconsin....just those close by...and Michi is close enough drive dammit drive!!! hahah

RWD...ahhh I thought I saw a vid of a AWD SS on here somewhere and thought perhaps that was him.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by campo165
you dont know the track prep of that night. who are you to say they cannot drive. a 105 car that runs MID 13's isnt fast, sorry. no launching ability. next. theres a reason the gto is pretty much dead. great interior though.

as for the f-bod thing, i told ya i skipped all the hoot-inanie, i never cared to learn frame types anyways.

what I am trying to get at here, is pretty much the same thing you are asking me. Who are you calling a car slow which isn't running to it's full capabilities.

Also, low 13's isn't fast....niether is 9's to some people.

See what I'm saying here? Probably not because I'm sure you must have some 6 second MONSTER on your garage.....lol
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM

WHO the hell thinks a 9 second car is not fast? Tony Schuemacher?
LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by LUCKY333
LOL
i agree....nobody doesn't consider nines fast for a car that is anywhere near street trim. maybe not the fastEST, but nines are fast no matter who you are.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:14 AM

LOL

^^^^^ X 1000 ^^^^^
Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKY333
LOL
lol...the same person who thinks their mid 14 second car is quick, yet the low 13 second one is SLOW
Old 01-11-2007, 04:04 PM

lol...the same person who thinks their mid 14 second car is quick, yet the low 13 second one is SLOW
Not like that statement couldn't be true.

What is your definition of Speed?
Does everything have to post a good quartermile time around here to be fast?

There are three types of cars...and I don't think there are many people here that realize that...save a few.

A strip car
A street car
A track car

The 6 second strip car seems REAL "fast" until you put it on the nuburgring with a car designed for the track...then it's not quite as fast as you think.

Thats the problem here I think...all I here people say here is ...What did you cut in the quarter? Oh yeah whats your quartermile time? What did you trap in the quarter?

Cobalt IS NOT A STRIP CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So FAST is relative...period...so yes...a 14 second quartermile car can be VERY fast...even compared to a 13 second car.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
Not like that statement couldn't be true.

What is your definition of Speed?
Does everything have to post a good quartermile time around here to be fast?

There are three types of cars...and I don't think there are many people here that realize that...save a few.

A strip car
A street car
A track car

The 6 second strip car seems REAL "fast" until you put it on the nuburgring with a car designed for the track...then it's not quite as fast as you think.

Thats the problem here I think...all I here people say here is ...What did you cut in the quarter? Oh yeah whats your quartermile time? What did you trap in the quarter?

Cobalt IS NOT A STRIP CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So FAST is relative...period...so yes...a 14 second quartermile car can be VERY fast...even compared to a 13 second car.

ok and maybe, what 5% of the people on the forums have actually taken their car to a road course or done autox? the reason people usually judge performance by the straight line is because straight line performance is what you are going to notice the most 95% of the time, unless you autox or race on the road courses which most don't. you can't really judge much about mods from a road course time either because drivers make an even bigger difference on a road course, and you can vary so much from run to run that seeing the difference from a mod using times is very hard, that's why people post 1/4 times so much, they show real world performance.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:45 PM

ok and maybe, what 5% of the people on the forums have actually taken their car to a road course or done autox? the reason people usually judge performance by the straight line is because straight line performance is what you are going to notice the most 95% of the time, unless you autox or race on the road courses which most don't. you can't really judge much about mods from a road course time either because drivers make an even bigger difference on a road course, and you can vary so much from run to run that seeing the difference from a mod using times is very hard, that's why people post 1/4 times so much, they show real world performance.
I understand and agree. But you can't say a car is "faster" just because it has a half second better quartermile time...only means it is faster at the strip...not the street or the track...ehhhhh...nevermind...this arguement gets too easily lost in translation and always turns into this huge debate with people who usually only drag...not worth trying to explain.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
I understand and agree. But you can't say a car is "faster" just because it has a half second better quartermile time...only means it is faster at the strip...not the street or the track...ehhhhh...nevermind...this arguement gets too easily lost in translation and always turns into this huge debate with people who usually only drag...not worth trying to explain.
I get what your trying to say.

Basically it can be left at: Everyone's opinion of what's fast and what's not is just that, an opinion...some people may agree on what's fast while others will disagree.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

FNFAST you make me laugh, apparently the internet is one of your three friends. Your neverending additions to others posts is simply laughable. Sorry but in reality where i'm from " BURNT " means nothing unless I am on fire. You and lucky seem to be so sure of yourselves thats is quite humorous to read your responses.

Seriously though I paid $7,500 and my Cobalt for my GTO. That may be alot of money to high schoolers like you but not me. Even if the GTO was a V6 the build quality and fit & finish was worth the extra money.

I didn't mean that Cobalts were all POS cars, stop and think about it. Some ricer tells me he wants to challenge me for pinks and he drives a $20,000 car I drive a $30,000 car. I wish I could travel to take your buddies car and money though.

There one thing throughout this entire post that still makes it completely worthless and thats comparing bests to averages or worsts. Yes a LS2 GTO can do high 12's 100% stock but I have also seen some run 14.0 take that versus the best and worst SS/SC times modded and stock and the spectrum becomes very wide.

Last edited by codyss; 01-11-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM

My money would be on the GTO's. I've driven them before. I've been to 2 GTO car meets and I myself own an LS1 and a Cobalt. Loosing to a Cobalt, driving a GTO is an embarrassment... especially stock. I agree if a Cobalt had some serious mods and a good driven then ok.

You guys are blowing this out of purportion.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 AM

FNFAST you make me laugh, apparently the internet is one of your three friends. Your neverending additions to others posts is simply laughable. Sorry but in reality where i'm from " BURNT " means nothing unless I am on fire. You and lucky seem to be so sure of yourselves thats is quite humorous to read your responses.

Seriously though I paid $7,500 and my Cobalt for my GTO. That may be alot of money to high schoolers like you but not me. Even if the GTO was a V6 the build quality and fit & finish was worth the extra money.

I didn't mean that Cobalts were all POS cars, stop and think about it. Some ricer tells me he wants to challenge me for pinks and he drives a $20,000 car I drive a $30,000 car. I wish I could travel to take your buddies car and money though.

There one thing throughout this entire post that still makes it completely worthless and thats comparing bests to averages or worsts. Yes a LS2 GTO can do high 12's 100% stock but I have also seen some run 14.0 take that versus the best and worst SS/SC times modded and stock and the spectrum becomes very wide.
Oh my god your still on here? It took you long enough...you must have sat up for days thinking of something else stupid to say...well congrats... it paid off...big time
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

Sorry ricer I have a life and was away from my computer for while.

You do realize that the only stupid posts here are you and luckyrice right?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:47 PM

naaaaaa...if you read from the first post back...I am pretty sure there are more people that agree with me and luckyrice, that CO DEE DEE DEE is an idiot...try reading again and you will see you are the one everyone is making fun or not agreeing with

Attack me all you want...it makes little difference...I think your a *******...so does "luckyrice" and hmmm...so do about 7 other people on this thread alone...

So with that in mind...I found this cool feature in "user CP" called IGNORE...so go ahead write back...talk ****...because thank god above...I don't have to read it anymore

See ya dumb ass.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

I am not going to string this out and argue with your high school ass anymore.

I don't really care if a few people here dislike me, they don't like me because they know there SS/SC isn't faster than a GTO or because so many people on the internet said it's true so it must be. So they are your basic internet whine asses so I don't really let it bother me.

And FNFAST I know you will read this beacuse you fit into both descriptions above not reading this would eat you alive.

You and lucky are just like a few of the SRT-4, STi and EVO drivers. Little punk asses who " know " everything. Yet can be seen at the local Wal-Mart for there 3000mile oil changes.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

I said you couldn't resist and I was right.

Nice addition to your signature. You might want to take a look around and see what kind of people here do that. Like you they are the typical internet whine asses.

And that statement when taken in context is true. Mentioned anywhere else other than this post it is just your failed attempt at being cool. You are a classic example though.

Get a life loser.........
Old 01-18-2007, 12:40 AM

this thread sucks your typical cobalt with his mods will not keep up given even drivers sorry it won't happen.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Lucky333 if I was 30 and had your limited vocabulary and rational a gallon of antifreeze would be looking mighty delicious!

It's nice that you resort to such great word choices when shown your full of crap. I wouldn't be telling anyone here your 30 after talking like that. Your history or car ownership means nothing to me pal. The mere fact that you owned a camaro or two doesn't mean you know anything. I had your same attitude when I had my first 1986 IROC in high school, now I realize how macho I acted in that car and really didn't know ****. You seem to be carring the same attitude a wee bit longer..................

Now quit ruining thread with your high school intellect.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:14 PM

Nice to see that people can actually have intelligent debates still ::::::insert sarcasm here::::
Old 01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned

ALL YOU COBALT GUYS LISTEN UP! get your heads out of your ****** asses. no bullshit. you guys think you can beat any car in the world. whats next? "05 COBALT VS BUGATTI VEYRON" the stories are endless. i bet most of you sit home all day and sit on the computer reading these stories, getting a false hope and a fake sense of superiority over any other car. and then the worse part is, you guys leave your computer and go out into the real world and try to pass this bullshit on to other people and REALLY BELIEVE IT. im so sick and tired of people like you. this is my story:

this kid at my job, mind you hes not really a kid, hes 25 and married, just picked up aN 07 cobalt ss s/c. he keeps telling me all of this bullshit he reads over here and how badly he can beat me. so he takes me for a ride and im thinking "ive been in faster v6 camaros" seriously. its ******* slow. so i let his mouth ride and he kept talking and talking and talking and talking about how he wants a stage 37 pulley and injectors, a touring exhaust, and a 75 shot wet kit. so make a long story short, we left work at the same time with the intention of racing. plain and simple. he got embarassed. and he came into work yesterday and admitted defeat. hes still a ***, but atleast hes got the ***** to admit when hes wrong. you guys on the other hand, think strength lies in numbers. and bullshit can follow. but, you know what i think? 1 pound of **** smells better then 10 pounds of ****. you guys suck.

im not gonna message back to you guys. ever. you are all that gay. codyss.... i give you props for holding your own. good choice selling your cobalt for a gto. if i could id buy you a beer, i would.

/thread
Old 01-18-2007, 01:35 PM

actually i beat a 04 gto pretty bad from a dig there heavy and slow.

Quick Reply: Even with the 6.0 GTO???