War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Evo Bad Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by williamhvx1
You Guys Like UFC? you guys should meet there!
Hey what are your times in your sig about?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm only mentioning this because it seems like you guys are arguing two different types of STI, stock and modded is not the same at all on that car.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM

19...30 means nothing to me.
Of course it don't, because you are at the "I know everything age." Trust me...it will pass when you grow up and realize you don't.

At least when i was riding my big wheel i knew i was quick down low but up top i sucked.
Good one. Did you have to get together with your high school friend and make a group effort to come up with that one?

8 years old huh? saweet. Where do you live mexico?
At 19 you must have failed reading class eh? I said you were 8. Not that I was eight.

edit: Your 30 so what the **** are you doing on a forum? Shouldnt you have a family to attend to and care for?
I guess my reasons would be to offer advice on cobalts since I owned one. Having your license for 3 years and driving a neon...I guess I should ask why your on here? You obviously lack driving experience and you drive...not a cobalt. Wow. Your chalked full of Cobalt information aren't you.

Oh wait..thats why you are in the war stories section providing misleading information instead of in the tech section providing help. Because it is much easier to be a clueless 19 year old trash talker than to offer help with a car you have never owned

Thats wierd, i have driven many sti, evos before i bought my srt-4.
And trust me junior, if you had actually driven a STI or EVO..you wouldn't have chosen a 19 thousand dollar neon over one

Last edited by FNFAST; 11-12-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

time attack cobalt beating other cars in a race track about a year ago?????????
Old 11-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Shouldnt you have a family to attend to and care for?
Naaa...every since I left you and your mom...I couldn't find anything better to do with my time.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM

WOOOO that was a low blow
Old 11-12-2007, 03:39 PM

WOOOO that was a low blow
naaa...low blow would have been to tell him that he was the reason I left.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM

aaah
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
Of course it don't, because you are at the "I know everything age." Trust me...it will pass when you grow up and realize you don't.

Good one. Did you have to get together with your high school friend and make a group effort to come up with that one?

At 19 you must have failed reading class eh? I said you were 8. Not that I was eight.

I guess my reasons would be to offer advice on cobalts since I owned one. Having your license for 3 years and driving a neon...I guess I should ask why your on here? You obviously lack driving experience and you drive...not a cobalt. Wow. Your chalked full of Cobalt information aren't you.

Oh wait..thats why you are in the war stories section providing misleading information instead of in the tech section providing help. Because it is much easier to be a clueless 19 year old trash talker than to offer help with a car you have never owned

And trust me junior, if you had actually driven a STI or EVO..you wouldn't have chosen a 19 thousand dollar neon over one

Wow. I know it all. Sure if thats the way you want to took at it.

Nope came up with that on my own.

haha wow I said 8 because you said you have been driving since you were 8 D. READING > You

Maybe you should look into the tech section. Anything about a turbo and i am problemly there.

I grew up on racing. Carts, motorcycles, atv, and now cars. Carts were really fun. I was lucky then, my dad is a manager at briggs and stratton. I wish i could get those sponserships again!

haha Wow lets see, i have had a t/a, cobra, and now a srt-4 and i was just going to buy a lightning but decided not too. I could of afforded a evo/sti but i wanted to one up on them. a neon that is faster then a evo/sti. Duh!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM

^^^i like your neon......
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Actually I wrote:

I have been driving since you were 8 years old though..so what do I know.
So reading is certainly greater than you...so is the intelligence to reread and make double sure before you post something stupid again and make yourself look even less brighter than you already have...good job After that fine display I am suprised you can spell "reading"...dumb ass

a neon that is faster then a evo/sti.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with that
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Naaa...every since I left you and your mom...I couldn't find anything better to do with my time.
Yup you and many more!

Actually I wrote:

So reading is certainly greater than you...so is the intelligence to reread and make double sure before you post something stupid again and make yourself look even less brighter than you already have...good job After that fine display I am suprised you can spell "reading"...dumb ass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with that
haha Ok so i put you instead of I. Sorry i thought you could understand. My bad. I forgot you were an english teacher.

Last edited by KlugSRT-4; 11-12-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
Yup you and many more!

haha Ok so i put you instead of I. Sorry i thought you could understand. My bad. I forgot you were an english teacher.

There still is time to get a used evo or an sti for around 19-23k. Jealousy runs deep my friend.

To the OP...you didn't beat an evo.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Awetback
There still is time to get a used evo or an sti for around 19-23k. Jealousy runs deep my friend.

To the OP...you didn't beat an evo.
haha Why the **** would i step down to a evo! Then i would have to build it all up again! **** that! If i wanted one i would have bought one.

I guess you didnt read the whole thing.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Thats wierd, i have driven many sti, evos before i bought my srt-4. Just dont like them. They feel like stock mustangs with drag radials and gears. At first, "Ah Damn". Then shortly after. "......Ah yeah, thats it?"

I dont have to sit here and explain to you guys how 60's, traps, and ets work. No point in wasting my time. Ask codyss he might take the time.

By the way i am talking stock. Not a tune and a catback. So dont tell me that your MODIFIED STI did this. I dont give a ****. thats not what i am talking about.
i find it interesting you feel you have superior racing knowledge than the two of us.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 PM

a neon that is faster then a evo/sti. Duh!
What's so cute about you and your big wheel is that you scream about how a stock STi has terrible top end, and then go on to show case the awesome 60' times that you managed to pull in your stock....no MODIFIED SRT-4. Put your car back to the way it rolled out the factory and tell us how fast your Tricycle is, I'd say about a low 14 second car.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
What's so cute about you and your big wheel is that you scream about how a stock STi has terrible top end, and then go on to show case the awesome 60' times that you managed to pull in your stock....no MODIFIED SRT-4. Put your car back to the way it rolled out the factory and tell us how fast your Tricycle is, I'd say about a low 14 second car.
When i was stock. I ran a 13.8 with street tires at a little over 100, like 103 or something. But i guess with 230hp thats not ****. I was never comparing my moded srt-4 to a stock sti/evo. Stock vs. stock

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i find it interesting you feel you have superior racing knowledge than the two of us.
I am not comparing dicks here guys. Why does everything return to "oh i know more then you do". ******* cry. i think we are a little more mature then that.

Last edited by KlugSRT-4; 11-12-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Wow. I know it all. Sure if thats the way you want to took at it.

Nope came up with that on my own.

haha wow I said 8 because you said you have been driving since you were 8 D. READING > You

Maybe you should look into the tech section. Anything about a turbo and i am problemly there.

I grew up on racing. Carts, motorcycles, atv, and now cars. Carts were really fun. I was lucky then, my dad is a manager at briggs and stratton. I wish i could get those sponserships again!

haha Wow lets see, i have had a t/a, cobra, and now a srt-4 and i was just going to buy a lightning but decided not too. I could of afforded a evo/sti but i wanted to one up on them. a neon that is faster then a evo/sti. Duh!

You grew up racing....but chose an SRT-4?? That's a pretty stupid statement in itself. The SRT-4 isn't the powerhouse of the racing world. ****, I hate to tell you, but Mazdaspeed 3's are going faster for a lot less. I saw one on the SRTforums that said he ran a 12.7 at 107 with like $260 worth of mods.

He said he paid 21K for his MS3. I paid 21K for my SRT-4. That puts them in the same ballpark. Plus you get a better interior and an overall better car on the 3.

Now getting back to Evo's and STi's. Obviously you test drove them in your dreams cause there is no comparison. Straight line speed, they are similar, but I will put my dollars on an Evo or STi in 9 out of 10 races. The only way I would bet against them is if the SRT is modded far more than the Evo/STi. My brother ran a 13.2 at like 105 in his bone stock Evo with like no track time on a slow, crappy-prepped track.

And I've owned the MIGHTY SRT-4. Guess what. It was a pile of ****. Mine got lemoned out. But when it was running right it wasn't god. A couple of times it about understeered me right of the road.

ALSO, my brother and I just installed a water/meth kit in an SRT-4 like 3 or 4 days ago. Not the first time we've worked on that car. Sorry, it's put together like ****. They cut corners throughout the entire car. Basically you bought the same econobox with a decent engine and knock-off Viper seats. Otherwise, when taking that car apart, you can tell it's basically a $10K car. Don't let that different front bumper and uselessly plumbed (obnoxiously loud) thing you call an exhaust fool you into thinking you have something special.

And lastly, your SRT's aren't even running great times. You guys have that Red Sled which is in the 9's. That's fast. But guess what, it's using a damn built auto tranny. Then you have the DCR car in the 6's or whatever. But that's a full blown race car. Wow.

Evos are in the 8's on a manual tranny without being total race cars. Cobalts have run so many low times it's ridiculous. They have a bunch of cars in the 6's. Way more than any Dodge Neons.

Dollar for dollar your car hasn't got **** on an Evo or STi. You can go ahead with your ricer math of "Well, if I spent the $10K difference between the cars I'd have a super car that would totally rock my ass out". And my response to that would be "When you find a bank or credit union that finances modifications along with the purchase of the car, you let me know."

PS-- To the OP, clean up your posts a little. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to have SOME kind of sentence structure and correct spelling.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:58 PM

When i was stock. I ran a 13.8 with street tires at a little over 100, like 103 or something. But i guess with 230hp thats not ****. I was never comparing my moded srt-4 to a stock sti/evo. Stock vs. stock
Stock VS Stock = SRT-4 gets pwned. So just what was your 60ft time with your MOPAR installed tires?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Evolvr2006
You grew up racing....but chose an SRT-4?? That's a pretty stupid statement in itself. The SRT-4 isn't the powerhouse of the racing world. ****, I hate to tell you, but Mazdaspeed 3's are going faster for a lot less. I saw one on the SRTforums that said he ran a 12.7 at 107 with like $260 worth of mods.

He said he paid 21K for his MS3. I paid 21K for my SRT-4. That puts them in the same ballpark. Plus you get a better interior and an overall better car on the 3.

Now getting back to Evo's and STi's. Obviously you test drove them in your dreams cause there is no comparison. Straight line speed, they are similar, but I will put my dollars on an Evo or STi in 9 out of 10 races. The only way I would bet against them is if the SRT is modded far more than the Evo/STi. My brother ran a 13.2 at like 105 in his bone stock Evo with like no track time on a slow, crappy-prepped track.

And I've owned the MIGHTY SRT-4. Guess what. It was a pile of ****. Mine got lemoned out. But when it was running right it wasn't god. A couple of times it about understeered me right of the road.

ALSO, my brother and I just installed a water/meth kit in an SRT-4 like 3 or 4 days ago. Not the first time we've worked on that car. Sorry, it's put together like ****. They cut corners throughout the entire car. Basically you bought the same econobox with a decent engine and knock-off Viper seats. Otherwise, when taking that car apart, you can tell it's basically a $10K car. Don't let that different front bumper and uselessly plumbed (obnoxiously loud) thing you call an exhaust fool you into thinking you have something special.

And lastly, your SRT's aren't even running great times. You guys have that Red Sled which is in the 9's. That's fast. But guess what, it's using a damn built auto tranny. Then you have the DCR car in the 6's or whatever. But that's a full blown race car. Wow.

Evos are in the 8's on a manual tranny without being total race cars. Cobalts have run so many low times it's ridiculous. They have a bunch of cars in the 6's. Way more than any Dodge Neons.

Dollar for dollar your car hasn't got **** on an Evo or STi. You can go ahead with your ricer math of "Well, if I spent the $10K difference between the cars I'd have a super car that would totally rock my ass out". And my response to that would be "When you find a bank or credit union that finances modifications along with the purchase of the car, you let me know."

Ok You people need to start reading the whole thread. Never once did i say that stock for stock a srt-4 would win. My money would go on the evo/sti.

I have drove many cars. **** i really liked the evos/stis when they first came out but now i just dont like them.

I bought my srt-4 of 12 grand from woodhouse in blair. It was a 05 with 16000 miles. I couldnt pass it up. I even traded my t/a in for it. I am not going to bitch about interior, how its made (i have yet to have a problem with mine). But i sill have my cobra if i want to get serious into racing.

I didnt drool over the srt-4, i just thought it would be fun for awhile. I have not kepted a car for more then a year and have never own a car that has past 45000 miles except the cobra.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Nice rant Dan, but I have to say this again, as I've said it repeatedly: Tube frame drag cars don't count. They're so far away from a street car it isn't even funny. What you should really look at it is how many privately owned daily driven STi's, Evo's are in the 9's and 10's and then compare that to the number of SRTFASTARRRRS in the 9's and 10's that are privately owned and daily driven.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM

I am not comparing dicks here guys. Why does everything return to "oh i know more then you do". ******* cry. i think we are a little more mature then that.
what a shitty et for that trap speed... oh wait?

and hey, you are the one talking about "explaining" how 60's and et's work... when obviously you have no idea what the significance of traction is. lets say your srt-4 could have pulled the same 60's as a stock evo right out of the box. (throw some big ass slicks on there, and some suspension work) You think that would make you trap any faster? No, very doubtful, in fact you would probably trap slower, but your et's would be right there with an evo....does that mean the top end of an srt-4 sucks? Not at all, it just has TRACTION.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Stock VS Stock = SRT-4 gets pwned. So just what was your 60ft time with your MOPAR installed tires?
Never ran them. I have BFG g-Force Sport. Sorry i dont consider tire change as modified as long as they are not DR or slicks. I want to say my best 60 stock was like a 2.07 i think.

haha Oh man you guess get really work up! Funny as hell! Gives me something to do at work on these cold nights.

Oh and about the daily driven 9 and 10 second cars. There is more evo/stis, no doubt about it. You guys have had support a lot longer then the srt-4 community has. But the srt-4 community has been given a break since now we can tune our stock psms and dont have to reley on stuiped map clamps and piggybacks cause most people dont want to spend 2 grand on a standalone. So i am sure there will be more faster ones around but never compare to the evos.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Never ran them. I have BFG g-Force Sport. Sorry i dont consider tire change as modified as long as they are not DR or slicks. I want to say my best 60 stock was like a 2.07 i think.

haha Oh man you guess get really work up! Funny as hell! Gives me something to do at work on these cold nights.
alright cody...keep rambling and back pedaling. here are the facts-

evos and stis do NOT have shitty top end for the et's they are putting down...you are just comparing them to cars that cant get **** for traction and put down shitty et's for their traps.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 PM

This isn't my worked up voice, I'll let you know when you're there. if you don't consider the tire change to be so important then why bother changing them at all? Street tires are street tires right? Nope, every tire is different, and I'm pretty sure you didn't chose the BFG g-Force because it was of equal or lesser quality than the stockers. Not a stock car anymore.

I agree, this gives me something to do, and lauph about while the SRT-4 in the next lane roars his mighty mill and blips his BOV while I'm taking my wife grocery shopping, then come track day stares at my tail lights for the duration of the 1/4.

Quick Reply: Evo Bad Day!!!