War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Evo Bad Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
This isn't my worked up voice, I'll let you know when you're there. if you don't consider the tire change to be so important then why bother changing them at all? Street tires are street tires right? Nope, every tire is different, and I'm pretty sure you didn't chose the BFG g-Force because it was of equal or lesser quality than the stockers. Not a stock car anymore.

I agree, this gives me something to do, and lauph about while the SRT-4 in the next lane roars his mighty mill and blips his BOV while I'm taking my wife grocery shopping, then come track day stares at my tail lights for the duration of the 1/4.

Never changed them. Thats what the car came with was the g-sports. Remember i bought it used. IMO they would be "lesser" quality then the stockers, look at the ratings. If you think srt-4s are lame then why are you on a cobalt website?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
Never changed them. Thats what the car came with was the g-sports. Remember i bought it used. IMO they would be "lesser" quality then the stockers, look at the ratings. If you think srt-4s are lame then why are you on a cobalt website?
You're right, I forgot you bought it used. My bad. I don't even know what the SRT-4 comes with stock, so I'll have to look into that. Why am I here, well I used to have one of these:

and I never left the forum. At what point in time did you own a Cobalt? Furthermore what does the lameness of the SRT-4 have to do with the Cobalt forum? Why are you here?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM

You're right, I forgot you bought it used. My bad. I don't even know what the SRT-4 comes with stock, so I'll have to look into that. Why am I here, well I used to have one of these:

and I never left the forum. At what point in time did you own a Cobalt? Furthermore what does the lameness of the SRT-4 have to do with the Cobalt forum? Why are you here?
They came with g-Force T/A KDW-2 which i think are better then the g-sports.
I like that color on the cobalt.
I am here to help with info and such. Specialy the turbo cobalt guys. I am in the tech sections pretty oftend but they tend to get boring so i come here.

EDIT: hahaha wow Excuse my spelling! Typing fast between customers owns me!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 AM

nice blue cobalt!!! damn my thread turn in a verbal war between str 4 and sti...... well to the guy who say i dint beat the evo

YES I DID!!!!!!!! it dont so matter if u dont believe me!! it was a tight race but in the end i was on front...... i try to film it but i could do it right..... it was a white one with a carbon fiber hood.....
or maybe he let me go on front to see if he could come from behind and still go on front of me lol... well our car (SS) is not a slow cavalier if u let it go on front u are going to get beat.....remeber our car run on boost just like yours.....

Last edited by williamhvx1; 11-13-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

I just read the last few posts and laughed my ass off, EVO's and STi's have top end and make a come back above 90mph thats a good one.

I am sorry folks but why try to use there trap speed in there defense? That just shows how damn quick they are in the 1/8 and how slow they are in the 1/4.

I remember way back when everyone on here knew a SS/SC Stage2 would pull on either from a roll.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
I just read the last few posts and laughed my ass off, EVO's and STi's have top end and make a come back above 90mph thats a good one.

I am sorry folks but why try to use there trap speed in there defense? That just shows how damn quick they are in the 1/8 and how slow they are in the 1/4.

I remember way back when everyone on here knew a SS/SC Stage2 would pull on either from a roll.
So your saying that Evo's and STI's are slow in the 1/4 mile?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

Not just in the 1/4 pretty much everywhere except 1/8 mile contests and tracks with turns every fifty feet.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Not just in the 1/4 pretty much everywhere except 1/8 mile contests and tracks with turns every fifty feet.
There are not too many people (if other than yourself) that think a 13.4ish 1/4 mile for a stock Evo/STI is slow.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 PM

ahahahaa and it begins again. 6.0 guys coming in to flex their e-muscles!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm not going to get caught up into too much arguing here, but the other Evo/STI owners in this thread will... and when they do, bring out the flame suit haha.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Dude I said the same **** when I had my SS/SC S2.

The EVO and STi are just whack material for fanboys, anyone who thinks there the **** just doesn't know what a real car is.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

The EVO and STi are just whack material for fanboys, anyone who thinks there the **** just doesn't know what a real car is.
? your stock gto is a "real car" then i guess???
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM

well then enlighten us to what YOU think a real car is, everyones opinion differs personally i'd take an sti over a 6.0 gto. but thats just MY opinion. all this bickering about what car is better is stupid, there is no fight! not one car is perfect for everyone, its what suits your needs that matters.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
? your stock gto is a "real car" then i guess???
x2

Originally Posted by tREBs
well then enlighten us to what YOU think a real car is, everyones opinion differs personally i'd take an sti over a 6.0 gto. but thats just MY opinion. all this bickering about what car is better is stupid, there is no fight! not one car is perfect for everyone, its what suits your needs that matters.
x2 (but I'd take an Evo over a 6.0 GTO, not a STI haha)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 PM

wait wait guys, just take it with a grain of salt, this is the same guy that was unimpressed that the new gt-r ran an 11.7 and beats a z06 around the nurburgring... its all because of awd dude! a 4 seater with a nice interior running 11's and kicking ass around the ring at just over 80k is UNIMPRESSIVE!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by DTM2188
x2

x2 (but I'd take an Evo over a 6.0 GTO, not a STI haha)
ahahaa i actually would to but we dont have them in canada
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
ahahaa i actually would to but we dont have them in canada
Hahaha good point.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 PM

Which brings me to my next point, don't smoke crack.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM

LOL!

this post needs to be saved in the archives of godliness forever. that was the ultimate post.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 PM

So your GTO, stock for stock, is gonna beat an Evo/STi at what?? 40MPH roll races don't count as races. Handling, braking, 1/4 mile, etc I bet a stock Evo will take a bone stock 6.0 GTO. There are bone stock Evo 9's in the 12's you know. All that with 110+ hp less.

And it definitely sucks to be able to make those turns every 50 feet without body rolling off the road.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM

This bears repeating, and since Cody luuuuuuvvvvvvsss to magazine race I figure this appropriate.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/05...ru-WRX-STi.htm
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 AM

OP- Good job on taking down an EVO, sounds like you simply outdrove the driver.

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
I work with those tires, and the KDW NT is great for turns due to its responsiveness and happens to perform almost better in the rain. But it seems to not perform quite as well as the G-Force Sport in the straits. You have to remember, the G-Force Sport is made out of the same compound as the BFG KD, the tire that set the best street legal, non slick, lateral G record. The KDW is made out of a slightly longer lasting compound, longer lasting=harder. The G-Force Sport also has a much better contact patch than the KDW.

The G-Force Sport is simply a better engineered tire.

Not to take sides or anything. But I like to have the information presented to be correct.

To throw my opinion out there, I would take a 366ci M6 GTO over an EVO or STI, or Cobalt SS/SC or SS/TC for that matter. But I would want to buy the car new because they tend to be the kind of car that people will beat on. And since there are no more new GTO's, I will have to wait until 2010 or 2011 for the newer GTO or Trans AM, but I am biased towards GTO's, so my vote doesn't really count. I have a 1969 GTO too.

And until 2011, a SS/TC will tide me over. I will have about a 26K spending limit including my trade in come next April (I just have to get rid of this slow ass 2.2L!!!!).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Evolvr2006
So your GTO, stock for stock, is gonna beat an Evo/STi at what?? 40MPH roll races don't count as races. Handling, braking, 1/4 mile, etc I bet a stock Evo will take a bone stock 6.0 GTO. There are bone stock Evo 9's in the 12's you know. All that with 110+ hp less.

And it definitely sucks to be able to make those turns every 50 feet without body rolling off the road.
This bears repeating, and since Cody luuuuuuvvvvvvsss to magazine race I figure this appropriate.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/05...ru-WRX-STi.htm
All good points haha
Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 AM

if i got choose between a evo and sti i go sti all that way.... i wont choose a gto because they dont have f/i..... but i will choose a American car before anything is bad enough that we are in a frickin war wasting our money in stupid Iraq! one day Asia and European country will have so much power because we support them buying there cars.....!!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Banned

Can you guys read?

I would be saying the same stuff if I still had my SS/SC hell look at my posts a few years ago I did say the same stuff! Sorry but STi's suck and so do EVO's if they didn't have AWD they would be almost worthless altogether.

And I still love how some of you douches claim I magazine race, nope sorry I have been to the track and raced more people on the street than any of you whiners.

Just deal with the fact that you worship/drive a rice mobile and that only fanboys care. Most of you on here who own a STi or EVO have no idea how to drive and rely soley on AWD to make up for it.

It makes me laugh when you all get worked up and do bring up GTO vs STi or EVO because I have had better races with SS/SC's.

Just deal with the fact that they look like **** from any angle other than from the front, have no top end and get whooped on by 90's technology V8's all the time.

I don't care if your winged egg crate can carve corners better or stop 10 feet before me. Thats what I expect from a car that belongs on dirt even though a well driven RWD will hand it to you.

Cry some more you sedan driving bitches...........

Quick Reply: Evo Bad Day!!!