War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

G35 sedan stock VS Camaro SS L99 Auto on the track rnd 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSSnoop
Why the smack talk at "truck engine swaps"? The LQ4/LQ9 engines start at 340-360 stock, right (okay the first gen LQ4's are rated 300hp, but most are higher hp). Swap a 6.0 in place of an LS1 and you're already ahead of the game, whether its iron or aluminum. 5.3's aren't any great shakes, but the iron 6.0 stuff is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. I wouldn't be surprised at 400whp from any truck swap other than the 5.3. The torque across the rpm is hellishly flat, too. This is the upgrade/transplant I'm looking at doing on my second-gen f-body in the near future - just because its stupid-cheap horsepower.
Where did i say it was a bad thing? No where. I used to own a camaro that would **** on his turd starting from 2 gears higher, i know all about LS motors. My point has nothing to do with capability of motors, only that he has no idea WTF he is talking about.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MillerCycle
Well as it stands now I am right, it would be good run for him. That's not ignorance... just stating the facts, don't get all butt hurt about it
Butt hurt? Feelings have nothing to do with anything. I just hate ignorance.

Also I love your theoretical bench-racing bullshit. Do you even know what you need for a proper nitrous set up? Are you just gonna buy a bottle and nozzle and wire that bitch in and call it good? I doubt your LS1 is in capable hands.

Last edited by ford; 06-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you not read the last sentence of comment 273? *******
you mean this?

"I have had 3 other fellow knowledgeable F body owners(who basically have heads/cam and bolt ons like me, but did it themselves) look at it and they have told me I got a good deal for how much I payed."

still doesn't prove anything..

doesn't prove what metal the block is made of, doesn't prove what kind of engine it is, doesn't prove that it would give exsoccer a run for his money, nothing.

again with the back pedaling and making things up.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
This thread just keeps getting better and better
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Don't know why he keeps coming back here.

Is he trying to impress us and be our friend? Lol. Sorry nobody wants to have a bromance.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ford
Where did i say it was a bad thing? No where. I used to own a camaro that would **** on his turd starting from 2 gears higher, i know all about LS motors. My point has nothing to do with capability of motors, only that he has no idea WTF he is talking about.
I'm not questioning you or your skills. I'm just looking at the posts doubting rwhp, and throwing my two cent's worth in that direction. Those iron-block truck motors are the junkyard bargain of the century for V8 swaps - nuff said. There always seems to be a lot of doubt spit around on this forum on LS engines, and it seems like there's a lot of crazy talk as well on what this **** can do, when there absolutely shouldn't be.

As far as doubt as to what **** can do, I think we're both in agreement on where the doubt is directed!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 PM

It is an aluminum ls1 like I have said all along, the guys 04silverwrx referred to have not owned an f body and were "guessing"...
Old 06-08-2013, 11:01 PM

The iron block LQ4 and LM7 are arguably stronger, but heavier, engines then LS1. I wish it had LQ4 swap.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 AM

It is an aluminum ls1 like I have said all along, the guys 04silverwrx referred to have not owned an f body and were "guessing"...
Stories keep changing. At first they were knowledgeable, then it was verified by vin and now they were just guessing. Can you see why we dont believe a damn word that comes from you or silver?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM

Oh he'll have some sort of stupid excuse for that too Ford. He is the king of stories.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:36 AM

thing is idgaf
Old 06-09-2013, 07:44 AM

thing is idgaf
well that's obvious.

sadly you don't seem to notice noone here gives two ***** about you either and yet you still keep posting, trying to be everybody's friend and spewing **** about vehicles when you realize you don't have a clue what you are talking about half the time and change your story.

we can all read your previous posts and can see what you did and didn't say/claim.

back pedal all you want. you are only making yourself look more retarded.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 AM

thing is idgaf
Oh and your signature is a lie as well. We have already established it isn't "cam only".
Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford
Oh and your signature is a lie as well. We have already established it isn't "cam only".
How about it. He keeps getting better and better.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:50 AM

Wait until he starts posting Youtube videos. He'll be saying its cam only there too just like he claims the G35 is stock.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:58 PM

lol I told you!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:29 PM

His 40-120 video he posted is embarrassing. **** looks mad slow. How does he even think he could run with Mark?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM

It is slow. My 300ZX was faster than that on the stock T3 turbo. But right in the comments it says he was granny shifting lol
Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 PM

This Mazda is faster lol

Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 PM

It'd be a good match though. Mazda does 40-120 in 15 seconds and his camaro does it in around 16.

Don't think the "granny shifting" would even make a difference.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:37 PM

lol holy ****! i've always wanted to see a camaro tach rev to the factory redline! amazing video! lol

this kid must be the ultimate troll.

haha posts a video of how fast his car is, realizes it looks slow and then puts in the comments "granny shifting and damn 2.73 gears"

who posts a video of their car at it's slowest and then puts excuses in the comments?

what a f*cktard.

how old are you miller? 16?

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 06-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM

I really didn't understand the Z28 rev sequence. Right now I wish I shot my rev to redline on my LT1 while testing the Opti, just for the effect, if there is one.......
Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 PM

My SS/TC is faster than that 40-120 and I'm at altitude. Bwahahaha!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:01 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't decide if this thread is approaching epicness or complete fail. Regardless, I have to look at it every few days to see where the stalking and name calling has escalated.

There are so many things going on in this thread with so many twists and turns. It's a soap opera really. All we need now is to find out that Ozzy and CMiller are brothers separated at birth and Ford was born in Oklahoma.... which, btw, when did Ford start hating on Oklahomans? It's a shame. I like the guy. Hopefully it's not everyone in Oklahoma he regards in this manner.

CMiller is providing a great service to this site. He's giving you all fuel to become best buds via a hate fest. His threads are uniting members through the "his enemies are my friends" phenomenon. He's the perfect scapegoat for everything wrong in your automotive eLife and he's building comradery amongst you guys without you even knowing it.

Thank you CMiller.

I think the cams only bit in the sig is sarcasm because it's in quotes.

In all honesty, CMiller and 04silverwrx are both cool guys with a passion for cars and lots of knowledge. The communications between a few people on this site have just snowballed into a back and forth trollfest.

You know, if everyone in here started off with a clean slate and hung out in person I bet everyone would actually like each other and appreciate each other's cars. Now the stupid interwebs has screwed up another potential bromance orgy. No soggy biscuit circle jerking for you guys. Shame.

I hate you interwebs!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by casionerd; 06-09-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by casionerd
I can't decide if this thread is approaching epicness or complete fail. Regardless, I have to look at it every few days to see where the stalking and name calling has escalated.

There are so many things going on in this thread with so many twists and turns. It's a soap opera really. All we need now is to find out that Ozzy and CMiller are brothers separated at birth and Ford was born in Oklahoma.... which, btw, when did Ford start hating on Oklahomans? It's a shame. I like the guy. Hopefully it's not everyone in Oklahoma he regards in this manner.

CMiller is providing a great service to this site. He's giving you all fuel to become best buds via a hate fest. His threads are uniting members through the "his enemies are my friends" phenomenon. He's the perfect scapegoat for everything wrong in your automotive eLife and he's building comradery amongst you guys without you even knowing it.

Thank you CMiller.

I think the cams only bit in the sig is sarcasm because it's in quotes.

In all honesty, CMiller and 04silverwrx are both cool guys with a passion for cars and lots of knowledge. The communications between a few people on this site have just snowballed into a back and forth trollfest.

You know, if everyone in here started off with a clean slate and hung out in person I bet everyone would actually like each other and appreciate each other's cars. Now the stupid interwebs has screwed up another potential bromance orgy. No soggy biscuit circle jerking for you guys. Shame.

I hate you interwebs!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah you should stop now, talking about their knowledge will definitely not do you any favors. They have demonstrated their knowledge already. Thinking pulling a battery will delete a tune and not being able to tell the difference between iron and aluminum have told us every we need to know.

Miller could very well be my brother. My mom is a *****. For Miller to be my brother she has very obviously slept with the dumbest mullet wearing **** in the trailer park I'm sure even she would be ashamed.

Quick Reply: G35 sedan stock VS Camaro SS L99 Auto on the track rnd 2