War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

G35 sedan stock VS Camaro SS L99 Auto on the track rnd 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by casionerd
I can't decide if this thread is approaching epicness or complete fail. Regardless, I have to look at it every few days to see where the stalking and name calling has escalated.

There are so many things going on in this thread with so many twists and turns. It's a soap opera really. All we need now is to find out that Ozzy and CMiller are brothers separated at birth and Ford was born in Oklahoma.... which, btw, when did Ford start hating on Oklahomans? It's a shame. I like the guy. Hopefully it's not everyone in Oklahoma he regards in this manner.

CMiller is providing a great service to this site. He's giving you all fuel to become best buds via a hate fest. His threads are uniting members through the "his enemies are my friends" phenomenon. He's the perfect scapegoat for everything wrong in your automotive eLife and he's building comradery amongst you guys without you even knowing it.

Thank you CMiller.

I think the cams only bit in the sig is sarcasm because it's in quotes.

In all honesty, CMiller and 04silverwrx are both cool guys with a passion for cars and lots of knowledge. The communications between a few people on this site have just snowballed into a back and forth trollfest.

You know, if everyone in here started off with a clean slate and hung out in person I bet everyone would actually like each other and appreciate each other's cars. Now the stupid interwebs has screwed up another potential bromance orgy. No soggy biscuit circle jerking for you guys. Shame.

I hate you interwebs!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hate people from OK. They just started mouthing off about how fast cars are there... So it became relevant.

Seriously the only reason Texas hasn't fallen into the gulf of mexico is because of how much Oklahoma sucks. So we have that to be grateful for.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 AM

Some people don't understand that the car is on snowflake v6 wheels with bald 245 all season tires, down to the wear bar. I was shifting slowly because when you are making 400+ lb ft it is not a good idea to shift fast, the rear end breaks loose when I do so. Secondly, if you knew anything about F bodies then you would know 2.73's NEVER came in the 6-speed manual version. The lowest factory gearing for the 6-speed manual is 3.42. The PO swapped them in from an automatic ls1 f body and 1st mph goes to 65-70 right at the limiter at 6800 rpm(yes I have ls7 lifters). I don't care about your ricer bench racing speedo **** talking..... Besides MS3's aren't known to make power very reliably anyways.

Let's not get into the debate of fwd vs rwd, we all know which is the superior platform to build upon.

Yes my sig may have some sarcasm, didn't think I would need to explain it to Ozzy... But he is a little on the slow side. So let me explain... yes there is sarcasm.

Also from a 40 roll against my friends SRT8 that traps 111, I pull away decently to 120. Go figure... From a 20 roll he gets 2 car lengths ahead or so because my 1st goes to 65ish mph, but I reeled him quickly by 100 while short shifting at 6k rpm when I am supposed to shift at 6500+(first night bought the car, didn't know better).

I probably trap 115+ in good conditions. But an F body is not an trap car, it's an ET car meant for hard off the line launches.

I state what the car dyno'd and one of you guys are in your own little world looking up e85, built internals, full bolt on mazdaspeed3 speedo vids to compare to mine... lmao I don't care.

If I had something to prove I would have powershifted and shifted at 6700 rpm in the vid.

That speed3 will still, more then likely, run 14's on stock suspension and street tires, it's fail wheel drive.... More power means more wheelspin.

P.S. I average 27 mpg on the highway, MS3 is rated 3 mpg or so less then that... would expect an economy minivan to get better mpg then 400+ whp v8 muscle car.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 06-10-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MillerCycle
I don't care about your ricer bench racing speedo **** talking.....

I probably trap 115+ in good conditions.
Calls everyone a ricer for bench racing. Goes out and does same thing a few lines down lol
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
*OM NOM NOM* Popcorn
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Some people don't understand that the car is on snowflake v6 wheels with bald 245 all season tires, down to the wear bar. I was shifting slowly because when you are making 400+ lb ft it is not a good idea to shift fast, the rear end breaks loose when I do so. Secondly, if you knew anything about F bodies then you would know 2.73's NEVER came in the 6-speed manual version. The lowest factory gearing for the 6-speed manual is 3.42. The PO swapped them in from an automatic ls1 f body and 1st mph goes to 65-70 right at the limiter at 6800 rpm(yes I have ls7 lifters). I don't care about your ricer bench racing speedo **** talking..... Besides MS3's aren't known to make power very reliably anyways.

Let's not get into the debate of fwd vs rwd, we all know which is the superior platform to build upon.

Yes my sig may have some sarcasm, didn't think I would need to explain it to Ozzy... But he is a little on the slow side. So let me explain... yes there is sarcasm.

Also from a 40 roll against my friends SRT8 that traps 111, I pull away decently to 120. Go figure... From a 20 roll he gets 2 car lengths ahead or so because my 1st goes to 65ish mph, but I reeled him quickly by 100 while short shifting at 6k rpm when I am supposed to shift at 6500+(first night bought the car, didn't know better).

I probably trap 115+ in good conditions. But an F body is not an trap car, it's an ET car meant for hard off the line launches.

I state what the car dyno'd and one of you guys are in your own little world looking up e85, built internals, full bolt on mazdaspeed3 speedo vids to compare to mine... lmao I don't care.

If I had something to prove I would have powershifted and shifted at 6700 rpm in the vid.

That speed3 will still, more then likely, run 14's on stock suspension and street tires, it's fail wheel drive.... More power means more wheelspin.

P.S. I average 27 mpg on the highway, MS3 is rated 3 mpg or so less then that... would expect an economy minivan to get better mpg then 400+ whp v8 muscle car.
Lets see the Mazda with down pipe, test pipe, catback, top mount IC, short ram intake, turbo inlet hose, high volume fuel pump a Cobb Access Port, spark plugs and a 30% E85 mix is hardly a built internals motor, that wouldn't even be full bolt ons lol A bolted tuned MS3 is faster than your mighty heads and cams Fbody, that you go to great lengths to explain is built for monster launches after you tell us about how its tires are to small and it has 2.73 gears. So which is it? Make up your mind!

You have every excuse in the world as to why your car can't do this or that, then turn around and say that it will. Yet you have the nerve to call us bench racers
Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Holy **** worth the 9 page read,

IM IN BITCHES!!! But on a diet so Im nom noming carrots not popcorn
Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For not giving a **** you certainly spend A LOT of time explaining yourself Miller. And for the love of God, stop calling it an F Body. It's a camaro. No need to be mysterious about it, you've already posted a video. I used to have one of those, great car, but I predict even more douchebaggery coming from you and this car, even more so than your accord or G35 lol. Get at me when you step up to big boy car territory.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Secondly, if you knew anything about F bodies then you would know 2.73's NEVER came in the 6-speed manual version. The lowest factory gearing for the 6-speed manual is 3.42.
Actually, just FYI, in 1993, 1st year of the 4th gen F-body the 6-speeds came with either 2.73s (M28 trans), or 3.23s (M29 trans).
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM

Some people don't understand that the car is on snowflake v6 wheels with bald 245 all season tires, down to the wear bar. I was shifting slowly because when you are making 400+ lb ft it is not a good idea to shift fast, the rear end breaks loose when I do so. Secondly, if you knew anything about F bodies then you would know 2.73's NEVER came in the 6-speed manual version.
Personally I knew 2.73's were in auto's only, and also came with the cars that had speed governors on them. I was often confused when you were talking about powershifting and short shifting. So i think it is valid if people got confused.

So magically you will gain 4mph? 4mph is a lot to gain in a 1/4. Oh and camaros can trap just fine. If you were gonna claim it was an ET car it would be an auto with a huge stall.

I wanna see a video from the track this friday and see these trap speeds.

So you have gearing that barely works for a 6speed on the highway and you are going to talk about gas mileage? I owned an LS1 and they are decent enough on gas mileage, but once you make real power they start to drop off very quickly.

Also your car looks like a 98?99?, you should look into changing the fail rod bolts if that is the case. If your car is an 01+ you will have a decent intake, if its sub 01 the PO probably swapped intakes in order to make your dyno numbers.

Edit: I also have personal reservations on your "short shifting" at 6k with 2.73's in a 6 speed and still walking down another car. Simply because that would put your RPMs in a shittastic area. I dont feel like doing the match on where that would end up in the RPM band at the moment, still even without doing the math it doesn't sound right. I will give you that around 120+ you could start walking out on him as he will be going to an OD gear and you will be in 3rd lmao.

I wouldn't try that gearing against ExSoccer or myself, we run 4th well into the 140+mph. I would also suggest you stay away from nitrous as your spray window would suck nuts with those gears and if you tried to spray the entire time you could end up spraying sub 3k rpm while at WOT = boom.

If you do decide to spray, let me give you this friendly advice. Nitrous Outlet plate kit + all accessories. Don't go cheap. Also, while i forget a lot about 2.73 rear ends (because they are garbage and no one bothers talking about them), but i do believe the carriers are different for them and your gear choices are extremely limited on what you can put back in there. You won't be able to stick a 3.73 or 4.10 in there.

Last edited by ford; 06-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sonicyeller
Actually, just FYI, in 1993, 1st year of the 4th gen F-body the 6-speeds came with either 2.73s (M28 trans), or 3.23s (M29 trans).
Meh, that's lt1.... I was referring to ls1 equipped f bodies. I say f bodies because the trans am is the same thing just different exterior.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ford
Personally I knew 2.73's were in auto's only, and also came with the cars that had speed governors on them. I was often confused when you were talking about powershifting and short shifting. So i think it is valid if people got confused.

So magically you will gain 4mph? 4mph is a lot to gain in a 1/4. Oh and camaros can trap just fine. If you were gonna claim it was an ET car it would be an auto with a huge stall.

I wanna see a video from the track this friday and see these trap speeds.

So you have gearing that barely works for a 6speed on the highway and you are going to talk about gas mileage? I owned an LS1 and they are decent enough on gas mileage, but once you make real power they start to drop off very quickly.

Also your car looks like a 98?99?, you should look into changing the fail rod bolts if that is the case. If your car is an 01+ you will have a decent intake, if its sub 01 the PO probably swapped intakes in order to make your dyno numbers.

Edit: I also have personal reservations on your "short shifting" at 6k with 2.73's in a 6 speed and still walking down another car. Simply because that would put your RPMs in a shittastic area. I dont feel like doing the match on where that would end up in the RPM band at the moment, still even without doing the math it doesn't sound right. I will give you that around 120+ you could start walking out on him as he will be going to an OD gear and you will be in 3rd lmao.

I wouldn't try that gearing against ExSoccer or myself, we run 4th well into the 140+mph. I would also suggest you stay away from nitrous as your spray window would suck nuts with those gears and if you tried to spray the entire time you could end up spraying sub 3k rpm while at WOT = boom.

If you do decide to spray, let me give you this friendly advice. Nitrous Outlet plate kit + all accessories. Don't go cheap. Also, while i forget a lot about 2.73 rear ends (because they are garbage and no one bothers talking about them), but i do believe the carriers are different for them and your gear choices are extremely limited on what you can put back in there. You won't be able to stick a 3.73 or 4.10 in there.
I haven't ran the 1/4 mile, someone misread 04silverwrx trapping 111 as me trapping 111 mph.
Yeah I was looking into 3.90's... probably stay away from 4.10s and greater because I don't want to be slower from a roll. You're right though, I am not spraying with these gears lol.

You have a lot of valid points, but that deal with the charger srt8 did happen....

Last edited by MillerCycle; 06-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
Lets see the Mazda with down pipe, test pipe, catback, top mount IC, short ram intake, turbo inlet hose, high volume fuel pump a Cobb Access Port, spark plugs and a 30% E85 mix is hardly a built internals motor, that wouldn't even be full bolt ons lol A bolted tuned MS3 is faster than your mighty heads and cams Fbody, that you go to great lengths to explain is built for monster launches after you tell us about how its tires are to small and it has 2.73 gears. So which is it? Make up your mind!

You have every excuse in the world as to why your car can't do this or that, then turn around and say that it will. Yet you have the nerve to call us bench racers
Do I care about some turbocharged fwd minivan ? No.

The MS3 had upgraded FP internals.

Lol comparing speedo vids is ridiculous.

You don't have any room to talk because you drive a slow stock 350z turd, so easy to talk **** on a 400+ whp heads/cam ls1.

You may as well be driving a stock v6 Hyundai genesis or mustang and talking smack, since one is about the same speed as your car and one is faster.

That's like me talking crap on Sonicyeller's car and calling it slow when I used to own my accord, its stupid and pointless to do so.

You can talk crap on 400+ whp v8 cars when you get a real car not some stock 16 year old teenage girl's play toy.

Here's a member of my old v6p forum racing a bolt on hr 350z, get a clue.... V6 Accords are more your speed.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 06-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Do I care about some turbocharged fwd minivan ? No.

The MS3 had upgraded FP internals.
HPFP Internals are just fuel mods.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ford
HPFP Internals are just fuel mods.
Oh well... I have read about their weak internals all over the place. It's one of the many reason why I like the CSS over the MS3.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:07 PM

this thread still going on
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Again you act like the 350z is the only car I own lol. I'll let you in on a secret it's not
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Can we just please get a ban already. Someone needs to lock this thread.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have to do this:

Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
Again you act like the 350z is the only car I own lol. I'll let you in on a secret it's not
Yeah your other car is a cavalier.

lol
Old 06-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Fastest cavalier around these parts!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 PM

miller, you're coming off as someone who's constantly trying to show off - either using your (often incorrect) knowledge or the capabilities of your cars. you used to post in just about every race thread about your cars and how fast they are. I don't know if you still do that because most of the time I spend on CSS now, I spend keeping up with this thread lol. anyways, you aren't impressing anyone. learn about your new car and the modifications, get a few passes on it and let the numbers speak for themselves. stop defending it because you've dug a whole so deep in this thread that no one here takes what you're saying seriously.

also, the speed of the car someone owns doesn't dictate what cars they can have an opinion about. you can have an opinion about a 10 sec car, whether or not you own a 10 sec car.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't ran the 1/4 mile, someone misread 04silverwrx trapping 111 as me trapping 111 mph.
Yeah I was looking into 3.90's... probably stay away from 4.10s and greater because I don't want to be slower from a roll. You're right though, I am not spraying with these gears lol.

You have a lot of valid points, but that deal with the charger srt8 did happen....
let me help ya out with the statement by ford that you won't pick up 4+mph... you don't even remember what you said a page before?

"Quote:
I probably trap 115+ in good conditions. But an F body is not an trap car, it's an ET car meant for hard off the line launches."

wtf man.. how can you keep contradicting yourself like this and expect people to take you seriously?

especially when you say a car with 2.73 gears is an "Off the line" launch car

hey Miller... before you bash ozzy's car anymore saying its slow... do some research. most stock LS1 camaro's run about mid to low 13's in stock form. so to bash a car with two less cylinders that can do roughly the same, you sound retarded. and don't bother posting some stupid youtube videos... that info is straight from LS1tech.com.

is this a joke? someone tell me he's a huge troll.... noone can be this dumb..

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 06-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:41 PM

Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 AM

lol

Last edited by MillerCycle; 06-11-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Quick Reply: G35 sedan stock VS Camaro SS L99 Auto on the track rnd 2