War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

g6 gxp kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by ajjaro
then why did i pull a gtp by a few cars on multiple rolls... when i was bone stock..?
either he didnt know how to drive, or it was an older gtp which has less hp. or if it was a coupe they are 300 pounds heavier than the sedan for some weird reason so then id see it, but i cant see u taking the gxp, unless ur car is underrated in hp which i know alot of ss/sc are and are dinoing at over 220hp. but i still dont believe u'd win against the 252hp 252tq gxp in a stock sc. we need to set up a race and see this. lol

but if u did and im wrong, good job. u got a freak of a ss/sc
Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
252 horsepower engine gtp, and he knows how to drive... and ss/sc have higher trap speeds and usually faster track times than gtp's or gxp's
Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
coupe or sedan

fine i will race him again and murder him by more cars than the 3 i was ahead after a 1/4 mile to make everyone happy

Last edited by tomj77; 05-10-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 02:06 AM

the gxp traps at 96-97 mph the sedan (gtp) at 95-96, in the same testing environment the ss/sc traps at 99 mph

Originally Posted by tomj77
coupe or sedan

fine i will race him again and murder him by more cars than the 3 i was ahead after a 1/4 mile to make everyone happy
video tape it!

Last edited by ajjaro; 05-10-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drewbroo
For one you gotta buy one first, have an assload of money to cover the dealer markup on the GXP. Then have the cash left over to be able to afford a tune.

And if you drop 4K in to an SS/TC it will stomp all over a G8 GXP with a tune. So 20K + 4K in upgrades, vs $40,000+ (Should have gotten a vette range)and then a tune. Also if the tuned G8 gets beat, not only is the drivers feelings hurt, hes also broke....

Actualy the dealer markups have almost all but ended and the GXP is going for sticker and then the discounts put it right around $30k. The tunes for the GXP are perfected thanks to the GTO and other LS powered cars and are had for under $200. $300 range for a nice dyno tune. Then you don't even need $2000 to put you in the high 400rwhp range. So your still under $35,000 and you have a 4 door Corvette that seats 5 full size adults comfortably (something the Cobalt will NEVER be able to do, but then it wasn't built for that was it?) Now what was that you were saying? Some of you guys are just too TOO funny Thanks for giving me a good laugh dude I needed that.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
Nice runs, but what kind of car do you have and mods??? Had one in the middle lane with my Wife and I on each side of it in seperate cars, needless to say it couldnt keep up, LOL.
G6 GT with a body kit...
Old 05-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
For one you gotta buy one first, have an assload of money to cover the dealer markup on the GXP. Then have the cash left over to be able to afford a tune.

And if you drop 4K in to an SS/TC it will stomp all over a G8 GXP with a tune. So 20K + 4K in upgrades, vs $40,000+ (Should have gotten a vette range)and then a tune. Also if the tuned G8 gets beat, not only is the drivers feelings hurt, hes also broke....
A good tuner can knock a second off the 1/4 mile time of a G8 GT let alone a G8 GXP.

Which is already a mid to high 13 second car...the G8 GXP will be faster than a TC in most cases.

Both cars with just a tune will have the TC owner saying he/she needs a downpipe

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Actualy the dealer markups have almost all but ended and the GXP is going for sticker and then the discounts put it right around $30k. The tunes for the GXP are perfected thanks to the GTO and other LS powered cars and are had for under $200. $300 range for a nice dyno tune. Then you don't even need $2000 to put you in the high 400rwhp range. So your still under $35,000 and you have a 4 door Corvette that seats 5 full size adults comfortably (something the Cobalt will NEVER be able to do, but then it wasn't built for that was it?) Now what was that you were saying? Some of you guys are just too TOO funny Thanks for giving me a good laugh dude I needed that.
If you get someone who can't tune the auto trans though a tune is a waste of time.

Last edited by steddy2112; 05-10-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
A good tuner can knock a second off the 1/4 mile time of a G8 GT let alone a G8 GXP.

Which is already a mid to high 13 second car...the G8 GXP will be faster than a TC in most cases.

Both cars with just a tune will have the TC owner saying he/she needs a downpipe

If you get someone who can't tune the auto trans though a tune is a waste of time.

The GXP stock runs damn near a flat 13 at 112mph. A couple guys on the boards have posted 12.9's all bone stock.

And the trans program for the G8 has like 22 tables to go thru! But the trans tue is where you pick up the most and you're right if the tuner doesn't know what to do with the trans its not worth the money. Or you could just get the 6 spd manual car instead.

Motor Week LOVES the GXP....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZAQfRMEHU
Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Premium Member

You sir are an idiot. For one you don't own a GXP. For 2 I don't think you have aG8 to speak of. For 3, you NEED a head and cam package to get in the high 400's with that car. (Unless its a GXP, then a good tune MAY get you 30 more WHP, then you are still barely knocking on the door of 400 WHP.) RWD cars suffer from drivetrain loss. I know you are a GXP fanboy, but you are preaching to the wrong crowd, and just coming off as a pompus douchebag. 400WHP has already been done with a TC, (Upgraded turbo, Manifold, and airbox mod + Tune.) Thats still much less than what a G8 GT runs. Also we have people going into the mid-12's with just 310-340WHP. And no DR's involved.

G8's are nice, you just are on the wrong forums to be preaching about them. Its not the God of all cars though, for the same price you can get a Used M5 or RS6, and run down a G8 without problems.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You sir are an idiot. For one you don't own a GXP. For 2 I don't think you have aG8 to speak of. For 3, you NEED a head and cam package to get in the high 400's with that car. (Unless its a GXP, then a good tune MAY get you 30 more WHP, then you are still barely knocking on the door of 400 WHP.) RWD cars suffer from drivetrain loss. I know you are a GXP fanboy, but you are preaching to the wrong crowd, and just coming off as a pompus douchebag. 400WHP has already been done with a TC, (Upgraded turbo, Manifold, and airbox mod + Tune.) Thats still much less than what a G8 GT runs. Also we have people going into the mid-12's with just 310-340WHP. And no DR's involved.

G8's are nice, you just are on the wrong forums to be preaching about them. Its not the God of all cars though, for the same price you can get a Used M5 or RS6, and run down a G8 without problems.
He does own a G8 GT

Just a mild cam to go deep into the 400's or force your way there.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

Last time I checked a GT isn't a GXP.

I have a friend with a C6 Vette, He has the Head and cam package, full exhaust with a tune. (Also on the LS3 motor.) He is only at 501WHP. Its fast as ****, but he has a little more than a mild cam.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:08 PM

WHOE, never name called on you, why the hate? Aren't you capable of an adult conversation? If not let me know and I'll bid you good day. I never claimed to own a GXP did I? I made an offer to the OP in jest, note the in the post I made? Do you not understand what it indicates? As for MY G8 GT that I do indeed own what would you like as proof? I posted up the pics when I bought the car, would you like the VIN# too? And I never said I could get high 400's with my G8 but that it HAS in fact been done with the GXP and yes that is at the rear wheels. I am not the "fanboi" that you sir obviously are and had you been on this forum for anywhere NEAR as long as I have you would KNOW better as I did in fact own an SS Cobalt. I made a joke to the OP that you have seemed to have gotten upset over, I appologize for touching a nerve with you but its certainly no reason for you to act the way you are. As for what a G8 actualy does cost I'd invite you to research your claims prior to posting them and being proved wrong. I picked up my brand new 2009.5 G8 GT in Panther Black with the sport package, 2 tone leather interior, and sun roof for $28,900. After taxes and tags I was out the door for under $30,000 for your basicly fully loaded GT. Did I pay more then a Cobalt SS costs? HELL YES! Did I get more of a car then the Cobalt SS is? HELL YES! Can my G8 beat a Cobalt SS? HELL YES! Can a Cobalt SS beat my G8? Again, HELL YES! They are 2 different classes of cars with different costs due to those classes, whats your point? The Cobalt is rated as an economy car while the G8 is not.

I never said it was a "God of all cars" did I? Please show quote. And I had a BMW as my last car, a 2003 M3 and it was without a doubt the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned! I will NEVER own another BMW as long as I live nor recomend one to a friend. It literaly could NOT go a week without breaking down, 3 dealers could not figure out why it would randomly shut down while driving! And yes you can always find faster cars then what anyone drives again whats your point? But those used cars you listed don't have the warrenty mine does nor did they cost their owners under $30k new. Now, if there's anything else I can clear up for you I'd be more then happy to.

Originally Posted by steddy2112
He does own a G8 GT

Just a mild cam to go deep into the 400's or force your way there.
Thank you Steedy but she won't get cammed. I like my warrenty too much for that. Just bolt ons and I'll be happy.

Last time I checked a GT isn't a GXP.

I have a friend with a C6 Vette, He has the Head and cam package, full exhaust with a tune. (Also on the LS3 motor.) He is only at 501WHP. Its fast as ****, but he has a little more than a mild cam.
Again, where did I ever say I owned a GXP? I made a post in jest to the OP, you know as a joke, for him to run a 415hp car and report back. I never hated on anyone and can't figure out why you're so upset.

Vettes are great cars but I have 2 kids, won't do at all for me. Besides at 6'4" and 230 the Vette is a tad tight for my tastes.

Here's my newest baby. You're more then welcome to run the tag # and check it for owership if you'd like.

Last edited by Jackalope; 05-10-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Premium Member

It is shiny and I do like it.
Kinda reminds me of a manly version of my Wifes GLI.

Also here in tampa I couldn't find a GT for under 29 with all the incentives. I guess I was looking at the wrong times.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:31 PM

It is shiny and I do like it.
Kinda reminds me of a manly version of my Wifes GLI.
Thank you. I think we got off on the wrong foot man, truce? Any pics of the wifes GLI? I'll asume Jetta? (I'm not a VW guy) They are NICE cars, looked at the Jetta but wanted more room.

Also here in tampa I couldn't find a GT for under 29 with all the incentives. I guess I was looking at the wrong times.
That sucks. But it also helps to have GMAC 0% financing and walk out when they don't want to deal. They called me up 3 days later beging to come back for it and I ot it at what I wanted to pay. You gotta call their bluff and be prepared to walk out.

Last edited by Jackalope; 05-10-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Premium Member

Thank you. I think we got off on the wrong foot man, truce? Any pics of the wifes GLI? I'll asume Jetta? (I'm not a VW guy) They are NICE cars, looked at the Jetta but wanted more room.

That sucks. But it also helps to have GMAC 0% financing and walk out when they don't want to deal. They called me up 3 days later beging to come back for it and I ot it at what I wanted to pay. You gotta call their bluff and be prepared to walk out.
Bad cell pic

Its got DSG and is fun to drive, I could do without the plaid seating though.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
On a topic related note lol, my good friend has a g6 gxp and when he just had intake and exhaust he ran a best of 14.9 at 93mph with a 2.3 60'. At the same track with intake and catback I ran a 14.8 at 99 with a crappy 2.5 60'. He now has a good tune on his car and I have the mods in my sig and we raced last week. From 30 I had 3 cars on him by 100 and 5 cars at 115. Before his tune my friends put 4 cars on him from 40-95 with just stage 2 balt. So yes they are quick but without a tune and some exhaust they dont seem to be a match for any balt ss
Old 05-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SRTrent
G6 GT with a body kit...
**** maybe it was a GXP i don't know.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 AM

I raced against a g6 gxp first time I was ever on track only thing I had done at the time was vibrant catback and CAI and I put about 3 cars on it. I would think a ss t/c would really put the hurt on one