War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Got Challanged.....what you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blainestang
No, it's not a good argument... it's a typical fanboy Red Herring.

Instead of discussing the ACTUAL TOPIC (usually because they are losing the argument or they would have to admit their car/brand isn't going to win), they change the topic to something unrelated.

For instance, many times when American cars come up on Import forums and the discussion involves drag racing, you can virtually guarantee the following replies:

- Yeah, but the [American car] will break down before the end of the race!
- How could anyone even drive a car with an interior that crappy?!?!
- Pssshh... that doesn't even come CLOSE to 100hp/L N/A. What a turd!

and of course...

- Take it to the twisties and see what happens!

Not only do those arguments have NOTHING to do with the actual topic, but fairly often, they're based on ignorant assumptions from other fanboys and NOT facts.

If you want to talk about Reliability, Interiors, Engine Tech, Handling, etc... there are other forums for that. This forum (in general) and this topic are about drag racing.
Last time i check there more than just one form of racing beside drag. The OP said that he was challanged to "A Race" He didn't state it was a drag race, we just assume that it is. What i and the previous poster was trying to say was that in a drag race the OP would be at a dissadvantage. And that if he tried to race him in a race that plays more to his strength that he'd have a better chance to beat him. Which is what i'm assume the OP wants to do. There was a reason GM took the balt to "the Ring" in germany, so that it performed well overall and not just in a straight line.
As far as what you said about the arguments that go on in import forums about muscle is somewhat true but has nothing to do with th OP question.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM

When my GT was stock with gears, exhaust and Vortech S-Trim I ran 12.8@110. That was through an auto with a 2.0 60'. Also Centri blowers (Votech, Paxton, Procharger) are stronger from a roll than from a dig. A 30-40mph hit on my Vortech was CRAZY no its pointless and the tires go up in smoke! LOL

If that car is pullied or has any other supporting mods its going to be very ugly.

Results with my car (2004 Auto GT)

Gears, Tune, Exhuast: 13.9@102

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim: 12.8@110

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim, Intercooler, 3.0 Pulley: 12.2@116

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim, Intercooler, 2.75 Pulley, Built Motor, Cams: 11.64@120

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech T-Trim, Intercooler, 2.75 Pulley, Built Motor, Cams, 3200 Stall: 10.85@128
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Racerx78
Last time i check there more than just one form of racing beside drag. The OP said that he was challanged to "A Race" He didn't state it was a drag race, we just assume that it is. What i and the previous poster was trying to say was that in a drag race the OP would be at a dissadvantage. And that if he tried to race him in a race that plays more to his strength that he'd have a better chance to beat him. Which is what i'm assume the OP wants to do. There was a reason GM took the balt to "the Ring" in germany, so that it performed well overall and not just in a straight line.
As far as what you said about the arguments that go on in import forums about muscle is somewhat true but has nothing to do with th OP question.
HAHA other than he asked what Cobras run at the track and talked about drag racing. Plus maybe 1% of the people on this site race at road course.

And trying setup races to your advantage so it’s a sure win is a ricer thing to do. You either race from a dig, a roll both people agree on or from different speeds to make everyone happy.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Racerx78
Come on.

Are you really suggesting that this thread wasn't OBVIOUSLY about drag racing from the beginning? Why does the OP keep responding to the posts about drag racing and say NOTHING about "twisties"?

Also, yeah, the TC is a well-rounded vehicle that does well on road courses. I know it went to "the Ring", ran an 8:22 and broke the production FWD record, etc. Wonderful. It's not related to the discussion, though.

You're right, the fanboy Red Herrings from import forums have nothing to do with the OPs question. They have everything to do with the Red Herring about "twisties".

Cliff Notes: This thread is obviously about drag racing. The comment about "twisties" is unrelated to drag racing. It is a Red Herring typical of import fanboys.

It's not that complicated.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
When my GT was stock with gears, exhaust and Vortech S-Trim I ran 12.8@110. That was through an auto with a 2.0 60'. Also Centri blowers (Votech, Paxton, Procharger) are stronger from a roll than from a dig. A 30-40mph hit on my Vortech was CRAZY no its pointless and the tires go up in smoke! LOL

If that car is pullied or has any other supporting mods its going to be very ugly.

Results with my car (2004 Auto GT)

Gears, Tune, Exhuast: 13.9@102

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim: 12.8@110

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim, Intercooler, 3.0 Pulley: 12.2@116

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech S-Trim, Intercooler, 2.75 Pulley, Built Motor, Cams: 11.64@120

Gears, Tune, Exhuast, Vortech T-Trim, Intercooler, 2.75 Pulley, Built Motor, Cams, 3200 Stall: 10.85@128
Impressive, man! My first car was an '88 LX 5.0 notchback and since then I've always had a soft spot for 'Stangs.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Routs
Impressive, man! My first car was an '88 LX 5.0 notchback and since then I've always had a soft spot for 'Stangs.
Thanks man! I'm pretty sure those are the setups I had for each time. I know the last one is right for sure. That was also in full street trim with no weight reduction and DRs.

I love the Fox Bodys man, they are what got me started into Mustangs. I have an 89 LX Hatch Im working on right now. I'm in the process of getting it ready for paint and also swapping a SVO/Turbo Coupe Motor in it. Should be a pretty fun DD when its all done.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:29 PM

that is why I am buying a 89 or a 93 fox body.Those car's are great,also on top of that parts are reasonable pricing compared to cobalt parts.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by burzumaske20
that is why I am buying a 89 or a 93 fox body.Those car's are great,also on top of that parts are reasonable pricing compared to cobalt parts.
Well, there are millions of them out there, so that kinda helps with the pricing...

They are definitely fun cars to work on and something I would consider buying again, simply for something to work on as a project.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:52 PM

well arent bolted and tuned LNF's running high 12s i mean i hear stories about LNFs killing gods car (6.0 gto) and i mean i know there heavy and slower then this mustang but i mean i dont think it should be a blowout especially from a roll but idk, each .1 second is about a car lenth in the 1/4 so with a tune he shouldnt lose by more then a few cars
Old 06-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged06
well arent bolted and tuned LNF's running high 12s i mean i hear stories about LNFs killing gods car (6.0 gto) and i mean i know there heavy and slower then this mustang but i mean i dont think it should be a blowout especially from a roll but idk, each .1 second is about a car lenth in the 1/4 so with a tune he shouldnt lose by more then a few cars

no no no.......
Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by burzumaske20
I had a 91 hatchback which was a blast to work on...parts were so cheap that I got it into the low 12's for under $1000...then I did a motor swap for 10's

As for the subject of this thread, I think it will be a win for the Mustang. They can be in the mid 12's with just the basic bolt on supercharger kit and a decent driver.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM

I seen that video of that 91 mustang you had Agent,good video,I remember my good friend had a 89 fox body fully built motor and supercharged.It was awesome being in it,due to the fact I was pushed back into my seat lol.Such a shame that he lost control and crashed into a pole.As for the race,I really would suggest not doing it.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:24 PM

S/C 2V wins, roll or dig. Sorry man, its not gonna be your day when you run him.