War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Got smoked by a stock EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been looking for an EVO since i got the balt. Not that I don't love my balt, but I am in love with EVO's specificaly the RS. If I find a used EVO RS somewhere I would defiantly trasde the balt for it. But, there are extreamly rare. I figure I will just keep the 'Balt until the EVO X comes out. Evo X FTW!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crunchy
That doesnt make much sense man...Well I got beat by an Evo VIII this mornin. Not worried about it though. We raced form sixty, then from about seventy...Dunno wut was done besides exhaust. That was the only obvious mod...IMO evos are beefier than STis. Raced an STi on the interstate from 80-135 or so in the rain and I had him by half a car....! Again I dunno if this was stock, but I hope so haha. All I got as a 3" pulley and an airbox mod. So go figure....
you better get some injectors and a tune before that blows up

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
I've been looking for an EVO since i got the balt. Not that I don't love my balt, but I am in love with EVO's specificaly the RS. If I find a used EVO RS somewhere I would defiantly trasde the balt for it. But, there are extreamly rare. I figure I will just keep the 'Balt until the EVO X comes out. Evo X FTW!!!
IMO the balt is alot better looking, especially if you take the wing off and drop it

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 01-26-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
Is there room for a Mustang in it???

maybe I need to talk with george and cameron cus i wanna get some art direction worked out with george and camera work from cameron maybe get a 480p video recorder while im at it.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:25 PM

I found out the evo had a mbc and a billet flash. He runs 12.3@110 at the track lol
Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by yellowcobaltss05
I found out the evo had a mbc and a billet flash. He runs 12.3@110 at the track lol
well then....who wants to go buy an evo with me?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 PM

unless ur buddy has a slip i wouldnt believe it... 12.3 is fast.....and a mbc and ecu flash couldnt do it... u would need a 3in exhuast at the least to handle the raised boost pressure.... that thing is prolly only makin 310awhp or so and in reality prolly runs high 12s.. maybe lower 13s...trust me i almost owned an evo and i have a number of friends that do... he would need TBE, intake, upper IC piping, Boost control, and ecu to run times like that...my first and only time at the track i ran a 12.9@ 106 ( no helmet.. had to leave or buy one) an d i walk modded evo 8s and 9s all day...i dont believe it..
Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM

i dont know but like i said down here in south florida everyone lies about their mods
Old 01-30-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bades
unless ur buddy has a slip i wouldnt believe it... 12.3 is fast.....and a mbc and ecu flash couldnt do it... u would need a 3in exhuast at the least to handle the raised boost pressure.... that thing is prolly only makin 310awhp or so and in reality prolly runs high 12s.. maybe lower 13s...trust me i almost owned an evo and i have a number of friends that do... he would need TBE, intake, upper IC piping, Boost control, and ecu to run times like that...my first and only time at the track i ran a 12.9@ 106 ( no helmet.. had to leave or buy one) an d i walk modded evo 8s and 9s all day...i dont believe it..
Sorry, but wrong...First of all an intake does nothing except make noise and you need to be tuned for it in order to not lose power, and upper IC piping does less than nothing for performance.

I do agree that you would need a turbo-back exhaust, but with an exhaust, MBC, and tune he will definately be low 12's if he knows how to launch. Hell stock IX's can and do run 12.9's.

trust me - I DO own an Evo IX, not almost, not driven one once. Walk a modded 9 all day? I don't believe it
Old 01-30-2007, 02:50 PM

Here's my EVO 8 experience:

Friend: '04 EVO 8, mods: full exhaust, bigger turbo (don't remember which one, but he said comparable to a 20g), cams (272), HKS BOV and waistegate, CAI, custom tune. Running 24lbs of boost

ME: '06 SS/SC, mods: stg2, borla cat-back and injen CAI

We raced from a 20-? and he only put 2-3 cars on me, and he didn't start to put those on me until about 50.

He said he can beat EVO 9s, so if my math adds up, you shouldn't have lost that much...

And that's my story...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:03 PM

lets put it this way... i have a friend with an AMS tuned evo runnin a 35r... in the area he is the only evo that out runs me on the street... i follow evos very closely and know a very good deal about them.... and for an average person drivin a 12.3 is very fast for a car that is makin maybe 330whp with a AFR that is not safe to drive on... stock evos make ne where from 240whp-270whp so ur sayin it is believeable that sum kid ran a 12.3 at those ppower levels??? a MBC and tune wont help that much... the exhaust is way to restrictive... my car makes over 300whp and a good deal more torque.. but im an 18 year old kid and a 12.9 was my first time at the track, i had a not so good launch.. and was boost cuttin 90-95mph.... wth my next run i should run lower 12s... and there are at least 2 members on here that can vouche for me on my EVOKLLA status...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:11 PM

well i dont know what else he had. All i know is that he a mbc and a billet flash and he has the timeslip that proves he ran 12.3@110.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM

lets put it this way... i have a friend with an AMS tuned evo runnin a 35r... in the area he is the only evo that out runs me on the street... i follow evos very closely and know a very good deal about them.... and for an average person drivin a 12.3 is very fast for a car that is makin maybe 330whp with a AFR that is not safe to drive on... stock evos make ne where from 240whp-270whp so ur sayin it is believeable that sum kid ran a 12.3 at those ppower levels??? a MBC and tune wont help that much... the exhaust is way to restrictive... my car makes over 300whp and a good deal more torque.. but im an 18 year old kid and a 12.9 was my first time at the track, i had a not so good launch.. and was boost cuttin 90-95mph.... wth my next run i should run lower 12s... and there are at least 2 members on here that can vouche for me on my EVOKLLA status...
hahahaha - you're 18?? I'm SHOCKED! Did you not read where I said that I agreed that a turbo-back is required?

What magical dyno gave you a read out of "over 300whp and a good deal more torque"
Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
which f-body has an ls2 and can it run mid 12's?
Read closer, didn't mention a thing about an F-Body. Sure, its a hell of a lot cheaper to make a Cobra faster, thanks to the blower. Like stated before, I don't think that Cobras and GTO's will ever really be out of each other's league. I just don't think a Cobra is worth $30k. It feels exactly like my friends V6 Mustang when I'm inside of that (I know I can't talk because the SRT-4 and Neon are pretty similar). I think the GTO is a hell of a lot nicer on the inside though. Of course, this is a performance discussion, not an interior discussion. I'll admitt, the Cobra is the better performer, but it'd be fun to have all that displacement of the Goat.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
Read closer, didn't mention a thing about an F-Body. Sure, its a hell of a lot cheaper to make a Cobra faster, thanks to the blower. Like stated before, I don't think that Cobras and GTO's will ever really be out of each other's league. I just don't think a Cobra is worth $30k. It feels exactly like my friends V6 Mustang when I'm inside of that (I know I can't talk because the SRT-4 and Neon are pretty similar). I think the GTO is a hell of a lot nicer on the inside though. Of course, this is a performance discussion, not an interior discussion. I'll admitt, the Cobra is the better performer, but it'd be fun to have all that displacement of the Goat.
no, but the discussion was about ls1 equipped f-bodies... and you said an ls1 couldn't hang but an ls2 could....there was no ls2 f-body, and again i don't want to start an argument here, but with equal drivers an 03/04 cobra is a fair amount faster than an ls2 gto. You are right tho, if it were to be my daily driver, i would probably rather own the gto because it is a nicer car...that is if they made it look better.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 AM

well the dyno jet at AR fabrication did.... i made 315awhp and 345 ft lbs at 20psi... that was wat i ran at the track, with a small hole about an inch wide in my IC piping before my thottle body and caused fuel cuts... i should have my car redynoed now that its under control.. im feeling alot more power and my new tranny and carbon DS should be in about a week so im hopin for alot faster times...oo and if u havent guessed i dont drive a Cobalt...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 AM

An Evo IV with a MBC and a flash is damn well capable of running a 12.3 with a good driver. A 110 trap on a 12.3 definatly says something about the driver.

An Evo IV with a GT35R and supporting mods is a ten second street car. Theres no if ands or buts about it.

I actually just looked down and realized Im currently wearing my DSMTuners shirt...Haha I love it!

The Evo IX is currently and will probably only be dethroned by the Evo X with SAWC, the fast point to point car around.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:58 PM

damn i wish they had evo's in canada. i want one so bad
Old 02-04-2007, 12:37 AM

wtf u talk about ur friend mods and then u have an evo and don't even know wat a stock evo runs in whp well stock awhp for an evoVIII isnt 270 and if an evo IX is rated at 286hp and 289tq then i dont think it could make even 260 at the wheels if u have an evo then wat r ur mods to make over 300 sure full exhaust gives u 40 whp but wat u expect its a turbo if an evo is underated from the factory then please tell me. Ur cars are wat 3300 lbs and ours are 2900 i mean from a roll we aint cheesy w/ stg2 vs stock and that is a good race. u should practice ur launches and take ur car out to the track to redissappoint urself b/c u just suck so does ur name along w/ ur story
Old 02-04-2007, 03:35 AM

Dude shanman wat the hell are u talkin about??? I never said i have an evo.... i actually drive a subaru... i spend alot of time at AR and have worked on many cars.. and i know that a stock evo can run anywhere from 240whp to 270whp.. dependin on model.. the 9 is on the higher end of the power numbers...so i can redisappoint myself?? and learn how to launch??? 1.7= 60ft time... not to bad and worst of all my car is set up for autocross.. not drag.. if i wanted to drag race id have a small block chevy with 488s under it.... i have many friends on this forum that drive an ss sc.... and in a couple weeks i will be postin a video of me racin them from a stop and from a 25mph and a 40mph roll....just to show u the way things would go ... i have a buddy wit a stock ss sc, a stage 2 wit 2.6 and a stage 2 that is gonna be built entirely and setup very nice... so ill let u all know when the video is up...
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 AM

how does a stage 2 have a 2.6" pulley? I hope he has a custom tune and 60lbers
Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM

Badesdude im srry bout all that last night man i was kinda wasted and drunk typing and dialing and walking around after i typed that **** up and got pulled over at 1am
Old 02-04-2007, 12:06 PM

^^ sounds like me friday night
Old 02-04-2007, 12:14 PM

i still think im kinda drunk b/c i posted that **** up when i meant to go advanced yea i just read wat i wrote and i was like wtf it was a rough day yesterday night getting stood up by some chick then the bitch never answers her phone and always has those gayass ringtones that sing when u call, and hers is like " u must not know bout me i could get another of u in a minute" yall know wat song im talking about then i went to practically stok her ass by seeing if she had went home yet and said "**** him" or watever and got pulled over while i was walking to her place and the cop wasnt a dik so he let me on my way, at least she wasnt home bottomline is i sorta wanted to tap that **** and was ready since family went 2 ATL and i got the house to myself and called her up and told her i didnt want 2 sleep lonely tonight and she gave me a call and told me 9pm damn that women i stayed up till 3 fuucgin in the morning man do i feel retarded
Old 02-04-2007, 12:24 PM

i know how you feel on those lonely nights lol
Old 02-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Its cool man i was prolly just a lil pissed bc i was playin DD last nite..... and i just woke up after runnin my drunk friends around all nite long... and was like wow ppl cant read.. but its cool bro.. and yea my buddys got 60#s and a tune usin HPtuners... i can wait to see cpraiders car in about 2-3 weeks... all forged internals and sum secrets.... and i ll post vids to show the differences in the 2 cars from different types of races...

Quick Reply: Got smoked by a stock EVO 9