War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Gto

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bikeman1234567
You know the old saying???........... There is no substitute for cubic inches. 2.0 vs 6.0? c'mon.
Ummm...... You mean "There's no replacement for displacement"?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bikeman1234567
You know the old saying???........... There is no substitute for cubic inches. 2.0 vs 6.0? c'mon.
except technology

Aerial atom will destroy all.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez
lmao pissing off who?? only people you might aggravate are V6 Camry Owners...
And some LS1's, various LT1's, Z's, G's and other various vehicular mastitudes No biggy my friend I don't take what you say in offense, just that you're a little on the ignorant side and possibly slightly jealous. But hey, I'm serious man it's ok.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:29 PM

IBT :l ock:
Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by drop-n-destroy
IBT :l ock:
Another useless thread
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt
And some LS1's, various LT1's, Z's, G's and other various vehicular mastitudes No biggy my friend I don't take what you say in offense, just that you're a little on the ignorant side and possibly slightly jealous. But hey, I'm serious man it's ok.
jealous of what??? a high 13 second car??? after mods??? Yea, I envy that situation, let me tell ya
Old 01-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
lmao pissing off who?? only people you might aggravate are V6 Camry Owners...
whats sad is. i borrowed my moms 08 se camry v6 for a day and beat a stage 2 cobalt ss/sc with it.

::shrugs::
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
whats sad is. i borrowed my moms 08 se camry v6 for a day and beat a stage 2 cobalt ss/sc with it.

::shrugs::
Yeah... IIRC, they were rated as the 2nd fastest car for under $25k, behind the WRX... I think that was before the SS/TC came out though.

Haha, I'd sell my Cobalt if I got beat by a stock Camry.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
except technology

Aerial atom will destroy all.

Exactly.

As for the Atom it would be a better comparo vs a motorcycle and by those standards it loses.

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Yeah... IIRC, they were rated as the 2nd fastest car for under $25k, behind the WRX... I think that was before the SS/TC came out though.

Haha, I'd sell my Cobalt if I got beat by a stock Camry.
It's kind of like in the late 80's when Mustangs and F-Bodies had problems fending off Quad4's. Hell one of the reasons I gave up on my 2003 Mustang GT was because I had issues fending off a Maxima.

Last edited by LS2guy; 01-08-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM

"Why in the hell did you waste all that time typing that stupid ****?"

Ditto can be said about all your random ass posts in here.

"1- After 20 or so F-Bodies a 2006 GTO and a few other cars I wanted a C6 so I bought one. I don't give a **** what you think it's worth because after owning 35 different cars something is only worth what someone else will pay. That and if you are in it to keep track of what it's worth you already lost. The GTO was a pig and handled worse than my F-Bodies and was no faster. All I did was upgrade to a car that wasn't a waste of the LS2."

To the first part of this, true. The GTO is a little heavier then others but it slots between new and old F-bods as well as the mustangs in terms of weight, but it is faster then the F-bods just not by a huge margin as you should already know. It handles about the same with a much better chassis. So now your talking about the engine being a waste, most wouldn't think so. Rather though I highly doubt you fall into the catagory of the few people who actually track their vettes, so i would call your car more a waste then mine. The GTO does what it was intended to do rather well, your car would if it was used as it was designed to do rather then taking your girlfriend out on a date or a run to the drug store....

"2- I owned a Cobalt SS/SC and not once have I bashed one so learn to read idiot. I have only bashed silly ass GTO owners like you and from your last thread it's obvious why."

Must hurt putting your self in that silly ass GTO owners label as you owned one but now do the same thing we are but instead substitute GTO for C6, Z51, LS2 Vette; pot meet kettle. Not to mention you joined a few months ago, why join this site after you owned a balt? Sounds to me like you were just wanting to come here and troll to rub their faces in the fact you have a Vette. Gosh by the time I am done talking to you I won't ever want to own a vette for the fact of saying the name so much, thank you! Please point out my last thread, are you talking about that M3 one? Suprise suprise you were part of that arguement. Whats with all the hostile words, am I touch a nerve?

"3- You GTO trolls do much more of the lookie what I got bullshit than I ever have. Hell I have only brought up what my car will do when bone heads like you act like your GTO is something special."

Seems you do the same amount, cause you can't start anything with out mentioning what you have. Once again, pot meet kettle.... Also, our car is special. See unlike your vette our cars were produced only a short time and in a manner rarely seen by GM, not to mention there were almost as many vettes built in 08 as the whole GTO run. Sounds like my car is more limited and special then your base C6, I see vettes in my area like Escalades and navigators; but I might see 2 GTO's a week. Lets see whos car is worth more in 30 years.

"4- If you take belivable results the LS3 hasn't bested the C5 Z06 yet. The kid that claimed high 11.7 100% stock is full of ****."

Keep telling your self that. The car is about the same weight, more hp, more cubes, better heads and so forth. I don't doubt those results one minute, the power and ability is there...

BTW just so everyone knows, did you get the big boy transmission or are you one of those I drive an automatic sports car guys?

Tyler
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
"Why in the hell did you waste all that time typing that stupid ****?"

Ditto can be said about all your random ass posts in here.

"1- After 20 or so F-Bodies a 2006 GTO and a few other cars I wanted a C6 so I bought one. I don't give a **** what you think it's worth because after owning 35 different cars something is only worth what someone else will pay. That and if you are in it to keep track of what it's worth you already lost. The GTO was a pig and handled worse than my F-Bodies and was no faster. All I did was upgrade to a car that wasn't a waste of the LS2."

To the first part of this, true. The GTO is a little heavier then others but it slots between new and old F-bods as well as the mustangs in terms of weight, but it is faster then the F-bods just not by a huge margin as you should already know. It handles about the same with a much better chassis. So now your talking about the engine being a waste, most wouldn't think so. Rather though I highly doubt you fall into the catagory of the few people who actually track their vettes, so i would call your car more a waste then mine. The GTO does what it was intended to do rather well, your car would if it was used as it was designed to do rather then taking your girlfriend out on a date or a run to the drug store....

"2- I owned a Cobalt SS/SC and not once have I bashed one so learn to read idiot. I have only bashed silly ass GTO owners like you and from your last thread it's obvious why."

Must hurt putting your self in that silly ass GTO owners label as you owned one but now do the same thing we are but instead substitute GTO for C6, Z51, LS2 Vette; pot meet kettle. Not to mention you joined a few months ago, why join this site after you owned a balt? Sounds to me like you were just wanting to come here and troll to rub their faces in the fact you have a Vette. Gosh by the time I am done talking to you I won't ever want to own a vette for the fact of saying the name so much, thank you! Please point out my last thread, are you talking about that M3 one? Suprise suprise you were part of that arguement. Whats with all the hostile words, am I touch a nerve?

"3- You GTO trolls do much more of the lookie what I got bullshit than I ever have. Hell I have only brought up what my car will do when bone heads like you act like your GTO is something special."

Seems you do the same amount, cause you can't start anything with out mentioning what you have. Once again, pot meet kettle.... Also, our car is special. See unlike your vette our cars were produced only a short time and in a manner rarely seen by GM, not to mention there were almost as many vettes built in 08 as the whole GTO run. Sounds like my car is more limited and special then your base C6, I see vettes in my area like Escalades and navigators; but I might see 2 GTO's a week. Lets see whos car is worth more in 30 years.

"4- If you take belivable results the LS3 hasn't bested the C5 Z06 yet. The kid that claimed high 11.7 100% stock is full of ****."

Keep telling your self that. The car is about the same weight, more hp, more cubes, better heads and so forth. I don't doubt those results one minute, the power and ability is there...

BTW just so everyone knows, did you get the big boy transmission or are you one of those I drive an automatic sports car guys?

Tyler

You have no idea who your talking to kid, so I must ask are you that arogant, a complete idiot or just a dumb punk ass kid?

1- To say a C6 is a waste if not taken to a track is as stupid as you saying the GTO handles like a F-Body. But with the rest of your absolutly stupid comments I can't imagine you thinking otherwise.

2- When I had my GTO it took me all of 2800 miles to figure out it was the biggest GM short coming since the Aztek. I never acted like you fools because my F-Bodies were faster than my GTO. The only time I ever spoke up about my GTO here was in response to someone claiming SS/SC Stage 2 = LS2 GTO. Since I had both I know that was untrue so I said so. The same holds true about my C6 but instead I level the heads of trolling GTO owners like yourself.

3- The GTO was a lost cause not a rare car but I am glad you thin otherwise. You will wish you had a dime a dozen C6 in a year or so when there are no parts for your GTO. If I wanted a truly rare car I would have kept one of my G92 F-Bodies, 1992 Achieva SCX W41 or 1995 S-10 SS but guess what there rarity made them no faster. Like I said before I am not into cars to give a **** what it will be worth in 30 years down the road. Maybe we should park my C6 beside your GTO and let people choose which they want. I would bet a years earnings on who would win.

4- I love how you mention the LS3 having more displacement like that means jack ****. Also it is odd when one and only one stock car matches the times of intake & tuned cars. Then again why does this matter to you my LS2 is inferior yet you drive a 3700lb GTO with the same engine and run much slower. Like I said before I wanted a LS2 so I bought one, if I wanted a Z06 I would buy one of those too but I don't.

So in the end go ahead and think your GTO is great thats fine. Just realize that I find it funy that a GTO owner thinks my C6 is a waste or a lesser car. Your happy with your GTO that is great at going somewhat fast in a straightline. It will be hard but I guess I will settle for my C6 thats faster in a straight line and just happens to own a GTO's ass doing everything else too.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is it true that you drive an automatic?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 AM

jealous of what??? a high 13 second car??? after mods??? Yea, I envy that situation, let me tell ya
High 13's yes....on street tires and this pig-rich GM tune . As for the camry's...hey I think they don't look/run too bad actually. Toyota is known for having powerful vehicles.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt
High 13's yes....on street tires and this pig-rich GM tune . As for the camry's...hey I think they don't look/run too bad actually. Toyota is known for having powerful vehicles.
if any camry that rolled off of Toyota's assembly line could give my car competition...especially after I've modified it...I'd have to reevaluate myself. But obviously for some, subpar performance is ok
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 PM

I really did touch a nerve....

1. It is a waste, the vette wasn't DESIGNED to pick up grocery's or cruise in comfort through down town, it was DESIGNED as a sports car which suprise suprise was made with the intention of hitting the tracks. My car wasn't designed with that much in mind rather to be a good all around daily driver which is has been. Seats that are probably the best in the industry, a driving position that couldn't get much better, and a ride that is a nice balance. I am using my car for what it was designed to, you on the other hand seem to be another poser with a vette dropping performance numbers when you probably have to real clue how to reach the perameters that were designed by GM for the car to reach. Yeah, i'm the stupid one....

2. The only short coming the car has is the suspension (and the trunk). In one of your pervious posts you say it is the chassis, proves what you know. The chassis is great! It is the rubber bushing and softer springs coupled with the shocks and the long boat ride that make up the short coming, everything else great. The interior is better then your C6, it has room for my 6'5" frame to keep the seat all the way back and have girls sit behind me with their legs crossed; it is a great vehicle for what it was designed to do.

3. My dads best friend from Chicago is a very avid corvette collector, he as made alot of money by buying and selling particular vettes he finds. He has a 67 427 vert with a white and red exterior and red interior and a 4 speed, car is worth around a 1/4 million dollars. He knows a thing or two about what something will be worth. When he found out what I drove he asked more about it as well as options and colors yada yada, and he told me to hold on to it as it will be worth something down the road. I already planned to as I love that car and how it fits me comfortably. Who would pick what, maybe not so much to car guys with practicality in mind and who are maybe thinking long term.

4. Dude, you drive an all motor V8, displacement means and goes along way! Not to mention, Not only is the cubes bigger, but the heads are much better which is probably the biggest difference between yours and mines LS2 and the LS3. Make no mistake, and LS3 is far superior to both our engines. And that is just plain ignorance to think your LS2 is equal to an LS3 vette in terms of straight line acceleration. Why do you think swapping heads with an LS3 and a new cam make damn near 500 WHP? Can't be done on our heads....

I never said your car is lesser, it does what it was intended to do remarkably well. I am just questioning the tool behind the wheel that classifies the car as a waste. You could probably get done what you do now with a Accord, yet someone has to compensate and buy a vette to pick up their pinky medication at the the corner drug store.

BTW, it does own my car is all other catagories in terms of performance as pointed out before. But i'll be damned if you probably paid less then I did for my car and boast it is so much better when they were designed for two different purposes and we both use them in THE SAME way..... I will just enjoy my comfy ride and great seats on the way to the grocery store, and you can have your bone jarring cramped cockpit. BTW, I do wish my car could have gotten a sunroof or targa top though!

Cheers,

Tyler
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
So is it true that you drive an automatic?
When I went looking for a 2007 C6 my list was as follows:
1- Had to be a Z51
2- Had to be a 1LT
3- Had to be white
3- Had to be M6

It's a white 1LT Z51 and I decide when to shift using my arm wrist and hand not my thumb.

Amxguy the quickest way out of a hole is to stop digging, each time you post your lack of knowledge is exposed further.

1- Go read up and then tell me the first and last year the A4 transmission was available in the C6. Now look at what year my car is and tell me why you said I might have an A4.

2- I don't give two ***** what my car is worth 30 years from now much less 30 seconds after I drive it off the lot. Like I said before you are barking up the wrong tree with this lame ass argument. In 30 years my C6 will be a mass of discolored plastic and your GTO will be the new Delorean.

3- I don't care what a LS3 can do with heads and a cam vs a LS2 because neither will change on my car. If I wanted a loud lopey drag car I would build one and use it for just that purpose.

4- And why the hell are you so presistant with telling me my car is a waste like yours isn't? I can tell you at what MPH the car maxes out at, what it runs in the 1/8, how many laps it takes to get the tires warm and where it's threshold is in tight corners. The first thing I do when I start it is hold the TC/SC button down for 5 seconds disabling the TC and SC and come summer I will live at the track on weekends.

If I want comfort and seating for six I will take my 2007 Silverado. I can afford to have a go fast car, go anywhere truck and a sport bike so killing two birds with one stone is not required nor desired.

So tell me again why are you still talking?

Last edited by LS2guy; 01-08-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Where do I say A4? I am talking automatics in general. I know they switched to an A6 from the A4.

Good for you, is that a remark about how slow my car is? The delorean was slow when it came out, the GTO wasn't, big difference there.

I am not talking about a heads cam LS3, I am talking about how much better the motor is compared to ours for the fact of the heads. READ.... I don't want loud lopey either, but they will be changed out with a well rounded sleeper set up down the road.

Yeah almighty track king, please explain to me where the threshold corning is; I would love to see you explain that to me. Pretend I know squat about racing and tell me where the limits are on your car with out using numbers from a magazine.

So your one of the idiots that are going to wrap your car around a pole because you spun out on a rain slick road, good, we could use less people like you around. It is good insurance to have when driving on the street so as something doesn't happen when you go beyond your limits or find a patch or gravel unexpectedly and spin out. Those are there for the times your not paying attention, at the track they do come off though. You sound like the Cowboy fans I talk to, when someone calls you out on being a fan they respond I have been a fan my whole life. When someone questions you tracking a vette for what is was made you pertain you live at the track and start name dropping Threshold cornering. Are you even familiar with contact patch, Threshold braking, heel and toe down shifting (or those of us with bigger feet we roll our brake foot to blip). Have you ever done any racing? Have you grown up in a family of racers? Have you been to any schools or competitions? If you want a little taste of my family's racing background why don't you look up the name Bud Koehler and read up on my Uncle, I am sure if you look long enough you will see we are related to the Bettenhausen's, does that ring a bell? BTW, I dropped that becuase I know exactly what your next question was going to be after I was asking those racing questions. So rather then babble on you could look it up for your self before questioning me.

While on that subject, if you want to read something interesting about racing back in the day; check out a person named Bob Pronger from Blue Island. Grew up racing with all them, then got taken out by the Mafia, I got told all kinds of crazy stories like that back then.

This arguement is getting pretty stupid, as I also could have guessed you were a sport bike rider. I my self ride a Bandit 1200 (sportcruiser) and am re-building a 76 Kawasaki KZ900 that was my dads first new bike. After I close on my house being built and furnish it will buy a Sierra Crew Cab to reduce the Goat to nice days only. So see, this arguement is heading no where. So go ahead and ask me why I keep talking when I gurantee you are going to come back with something. I will not though because somethings just can't be put into certain types of people heads.

Ciao,

Tyler

Last edited by amxguy1970; 01-08-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM

if any camry that rolled off of Toyota's assembly line could give my car competition...especially after I've modified it...I'd have to reevaluate myself. But obviously for some, subpar performance is ok
I guess I'll live with what you call "subpar" performance. Because the $400 it cost me to modify this car, IMO was very well spent. Toyota is well known for power...I mean look at the X-runner, the Titan..both are very powerful and fast trucks. But hey, it looks like no matter what I say, it isn't correct in relation to your standards..which is fine because I don't have anything to prove but that I am very content with what I have and anything it'll outrun I'm proud of.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned

word....just watch out for those camrys
Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 PM

I shole' will do that Mr. Stylez...and I'll make sure I'll watch out for Memphirca, cuz I know what it's like too! take care my friend.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM

I give this one 2 more days ...

Awesome
Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Where do I say A4? I am talking automatics in general. I know they switched to an A6 from the A4.

Good for you, is that a remark about how slow my car is? The delorean was slow when it came out, the GTO wasn't, big difference there.

I am not talking about a heads cam LS3, I am talking about how much better the motor is compared to ours for the fact of the heads. READ.... I don't want loud lopey either, but they will be changed out with a well rounded sleeper set up down the road.

Yeah almighty track king, please explain to me where the threshold corning is; I would love to see you explain that to me. Pretend I know squat about racing and tell me where the limits are on your car with out using numbers from a magazine.

So your one of the idiots that are going to wrap your car around a pole because you spun out on a rain slick road, good, we could use less people like you around. It is good insurance to have when driving on the street so as something doesn't happen when you go beyond your limits or find a patch or gravel unexpectedly and spin out. Those are there for the times your not paying attention, at the track they do come off though. You sound like the Cowboy fans I talk to, when someone calls you out on being a fan they respond I have been a fan my whole life. When someone questions you tracking a vette for what is was made you pertain you live at the track and start name dropping Threshold cornering. Are you even familiar with contact patch, Threshold braking, heel and toe down shifting (or those of us with bigger feet we roll our brake foot to blip). Have you ever done any racing? Have you grown up in a family of racers? Have you been to any schools or competitions? If you want a little taste of my family's racing background why don't you look up the name Bud Koehler and read up on my Uncle, I am sure if you look long enough you will see we are related to the Bettenhausen's, does that ring a bell? BTW, I dropped that becuase I know exactly what your next question was going to be after I was asking those racing questions. So rather then babble on you could look it up for your self before questioning me.

While on that subject, if you want to read something interesting about racing back in the day; check out a person named Bob Pronger from Blue Island. Grew up racing with all them, then got taken out by the Mafia, I got told all kinds of crazy stories like that back then.

This arguement is getting pretty stupid, as I also could have guessed you were a sport bike rider. I my self ride a Bandit 1200 (sportcruiser) and am re-building a 76 Kawasaki KZ900 that was my dads first new bike. After I close on my house being built and furnish it will buy a Sierra Crew Cab to reduce the Goat to nice days only. So see, this arguement is heading no where. So go ahead and ask me why I keep talking when I gurantee you are going to come back with something. I will not though because somethings just can't be put into certain types of people heads.

Ciao,

Tyler

1- Delorean as in, In 30 years much less 10 GTO parts will be almost impossible to find. Also since the GTO is pretty much already GM's bastard child that they wish could be forgoten.

2- You really need to get off your high horse and beliefs that you can only be a real racer if your pappy and uncle Joe were bullshit. Listen kid belive it or not a persons life is theres to lead. My father has no car appeal what so ever he sees them as point A to point B transportation. Me on the other hand I have been driving or riding something since I could.

I average 50,000 plus miles a year kiddo, if you belive the occasional triple digits or street race is going to kill you before the stupid bitch on her cellphone or other fool you need to wake up.

You are right about one thing though, you will never get your point across to people like me because people like me don't care. The fact that you belive you know more because your family raced is so ignorant it's laughable.One would think a track star like yourself might want to drive something worthy of talent.

Why is it when you post I can just picture you as some metrosexual wearing a "mofobucs rules" sweater with a scene from 2 Fast 2 Furious as the backdrop?

Last edited by LS2guy; 01-08-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS2guy

Why is it when you post I can just picture you as some metrosexual wearing a "mofobucs rules" sweater with a scene from 2 Fast 2 Furious as the backdrop?
Same reason that why when you post I see a 45 year old man with a yearly wage under 60k that tries to feel as if he's superior because he bought a base vette....Dunno, just one of those things I guess

I know you're going to post saying "No none of that's true"...I know.

Quick Reply: Gto