War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Gto

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codyss
Are you serious?

First off lets call the 03/04 Cobra just that it isn't no terminator. Add a cam and heads to a LS1 and good bye Cobra.

And yes the S197 is a joke no matter the cost, you make it seem like $27,000 for a high 13 second car is a steal and it isn't. Not to mention most dealers add every little option they can to a Deluxe (not premium) model GT and by then it's around $29,000. I bought my 2002 Camaro SS with 12,000 miles on it for $18,000. **** with the red tag sale a new GTO can be had for $27,000 can you say bye,bye GT sales.

As for the GT500 it isn't in the same league better yet game as a Z06 or Lingenfelter. I love all of the add this add that crap to beat a stock whatever. You bring up a C6 which is funny because it's right on par with a GT500 and out handles it.

Your post was the only idiotic statement in this thread...................

X2 brother

Lingenfelter has 800whp, and over 700ft/tq. A simple "pulley, exhaust, blah, blah, blah" on a GT500 is not going to compete with it buddy. GT500 is a 12.8 sec quarter mile car with any given driver..which is what counts. Hell, my 2000 Vette (LS1) runs a 13.0 flat, just shy of the "new" GT500, and it still handles just as good if not better than. Yet it is already 6 years old...hmm, how the hell are they the same league...Mustang's compete with stock C5 models now. They're just one generation behind IMO, which is why people would prefer to call the Corvette the American Muscle...it's just a bad ass car that not everyone wishes to test to it's limits. Unfortunately for Ford...the majority of college sorority members can say they have tested the ole' Mustang to it's limits. I'd be damned if my girlfriend ever did that in my Vette.

Oh yeah, a 300 shot NOS is all it takes for the LS1 to run 9's...well, and slicks.

Make that about a 200 shot for the new Z06..and perhaps slicks. But hell, the Z06 has broken 10's w/ bone stock setup other than DOT DR's in the back. Not to mention it's awesome circuit track times. I didn't have any problem with this thread until someone be-littled the Z06 w/ a F***ING Mustang! Maybe if it was a Porsche or Ferrari, or MAYBE a Ford "GT"...but not a Mustang dude..there's more to a bad ass sports car than the straight line physique.

Last edited by Fueledpassion; 12-08-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:37 PM

Shut em down little Gto shut em down....

Old 12-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned

I figure I might as well get some picture up here too!

To all of the GT500 nut swingers on this thread here is a real Mustang. This is my friend Brett's 2001 GT that we have put together over the last few months.

Here are the specs:

2001 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6 with T-45 Transmission
- Fully built engine assembly with Cobra crank
- Crower Stage 2 cams
- Aluminum DS
- Spec Clutch with Adj. Quadrant
- 17x10 Rear Wheel with Nitto DR
- LT Headers with Mac Prochamber and Flowmaster Cat-Back
- Complete Nitrous Express kit with a 100HP jet
- Custom tuned utilizing SCT programmer
- 2.2 Liter Kenne Bell Supercharger @ 20psi

It's in need of a new tune but still had around 600whp without N2O.

Funny thingh is last night I had a run in with the only local GT500. His car is 100% bone stock with 6,000 miles on the clock.

We went from a dig and roll with surprising results.

- From a dig we both had perfect lanches and it was dead even until we quit at 90mph

- From a roll we went from 30mph and it was dead even to 120mph

He was a guy in his 30's and plans on keeping the car 100% stock.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
[/B]

X2 brother

Lingenfelter has 800whp, and over 700ft/tq. A simple "pulley, exhaust, blah, blah, blah" on a GT500 is not going to compete with it buddy. GT500 is a 12.8 sec quarter mile car with any given driver..which is what counts. Hell, my 2000 Vette (LS1) runs a 13.0 flat, just shy of the "new" GT500, and it still handles just as good if not better than. Yet it is already 6 years old...hmm, how the hell are they the same league...Mustang's compete with stock C5 models now. They're just one generation behind IMO, which is why people would prefer to call the Corvette the American Muscle...it's just a bad ass car that not everyone wishes to test to it's limits. Unfortunately for Ford...the majority of college sorority members can say they have tested the ole' Mustang to it's limits. I'd be damned if my girlfriend ever did that in my Vette.

Oh yeah, a 300 shot NOS is all it takes for the LS1 to run 9's...well, and slicks.

Make that about a 200 shot for the new Z06..and perhaps slicks. But hell, the Z06 has broken 10's w/ bone stock setup other than DOT DR's in the back. Not to mention it's awesome circuit track times. I didn't have any problem with this thread until someone be-littled the Z06 w/ a F***ING Mustang! Maybe if it was a Porsche or Ferrari, or MAYBE a Ford "GT"...but not a Mustang dude..there's more to a bad ass sports car than the straight line physique.

hahaha who belittled the z06? i did nothing of the sort. I simply said why the aftermarket hypes it up...because it can rape pretty much anything on the road with 1500 bucks in mods. Don't bring a 300 shot of n2o into this kinda argument. i totally agree the gt500 can't nearly handle like the vette...i even said that. who argued that? i think it would help you to read the whole thread there buddy. i simply said that for the price the gt500 is in no way a joke. a gt500 should own that gto if you can both drive equally codyss. i definately can beleive it happened, but you beat the driver not the car. good kill either way, but that doesn't necessarily show how fast the car is. 12.8 is what alot of people accept as the time because it is a very rare car and most people wont see it run at the track so they take the motortrend/car and driver times, but there have been a bunch of people hitting mid 12's, and if you don't beleive how easily this car makes power, just take a looksy.

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/Pulley.wmv

high 600's at the crank, high 500's at the wheels...not bad for under a grand in mods at least imo, but you know, i guess you could argue that a 300 shot will make a vette more power...a 300 shot will make rediculous power on anything dude, it just won't last very long if you are spraying often without a ton of supporting mods. I in no way am trying to put down a vette, i love vettes. I am simply defending the gt500 because it is an awesome car for a good price.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:18 AM

I bought her with only 9 miles on the clock.... but snapp'd this image later..

Old 12-09-2006, 12:29 AM

^^^wow nice skills man! what kinda camera?
Old 12-09-2006, 01:56 PM

since when did this become a GTO thread? haha jk
Old 12-09-2006, 02:01 PM

BEFORE

AFTER

HAHA..... Just Kiddin.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu

A Canon Powershot Pro...a simple point and shoot Camera... 8 megapixel...

Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM

Old 12-11-2006, 01:36 PM

bad ass gto love the color.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
bad ass gto love the color.

You don't likie my 2006 LS4 303HP W-Body???? (both cars are mine)

Old 12-11-2006, 01:43 PM

damn you to hell what don't you own it sucks being 19 lol. I like that to but i saw a blue colored one that looked really good he other day but i am baisis'd i have a blue car.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu

The Camera also shoots videos but the quality isn't as good as a video camera..

http://www.hepcatradio.com/gtodyno2.wmv
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by bluntgasm
I just got owned by a GTO. Techinally I wasn't 'racing' but even had i dropped the clutch and made an effort this dudes GTO would of eaten me up. i never much cared for the GTO until last night, they sound like beasts.

any of you who have a GTO -- enjoy, i partially envy you

Just got one. 06 PBM M6 w/OEM 18s, and man will it haul ass. 400HP/400tq
They are nothing to sneeze at.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

Did you buy it new or used?

If you bought it new just wait you will keep getting more and more power. The LS2 is jut like the LS1/LS6 and will not reach it's full power until it has some miles on it.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
hahaha who belittled the z06? i did nothing of the sort. I simply said why the aftermarket hypes it up...because it can rape pretty much anything on the road with 1500 bucks in mods. Don't bring a 300 shot of n2o into this kinda argument. i totally agree the gt500 can't nearly handle like the vette...i even said that. who argued that? i think it would help you to read the whole thread there buddy. i simply said that for the price the gt500 is in no way a joke. a gt500 should own that gto if you can both drive equally codyss. i definately can beleive it happened, but you beat the driver not the car. good kill either way, but that doesn't necessarily show how fast the car is. 12.8 is what alot of people accept as the time because it is a very rare car and most people wont see it run at the track so they take the motortrend/car and driver times, but there have been a bunch of people hitting mid 12's, and if you don't beleive how easily this car makes power, just take a looksy.

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/Pulley.wmv

high 600's at the crank, high 500's at the wheels...not bad for under a grand in mods at least imo, but you know, i guess you could argue that a 300 shot will make a vette more power...a 300 shot will make rediculous power on anything dude, it just won't last very long if you are spraying often without a ton of supporting mods. I in no way am trying to put down a vette, i love vettes. I am simply defending the gt500 because it is an awesome car for a good price.
well in that case we're cool..GT500 is a very nice car, and at first thought..I would naturally say it is better than a GTO..I mean, there is a reason for the large price gap between the two. In most cases, when speaking in automotive terms, you get what you pay for. Atleast to a certain extent. If comparing the motors of the GT500 and the GM LS series..I'd have to say the GT500 has better suited blocks for stupid street power. There's a Mustang Dyno here in Memphis that puts down more than 900rwhp in their STOCK Cobra blocks...that's impressive. (Yes, they are the fastest stock block Cobra's in the world.) So if the GT500 is anything close to the Cobra in design, I would imagine you could see similar numbers. However, in GM's defense...I feel the LS1, LS2, etc. are all easier and more enjoyable to rip through the curves and such.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
well in that case we're cool..GT500 is a very nice car, and at first thought..I would naturally say it is better than a GTO..I mean, there is a reason for the large price gap between the two. In most cases, when speaking in automotive terms, you get what you pay for. Atleast to a certain extent. If comparing the motors of the GT500 and the GM LS series..I'd have to say the GT500 has better suited blocks for stupid street power. There's a Mustang Dyno here in Memphis that puts down more than 900rwhp in their STOCK Cobra blocks...that's impressive. (Yes, they are the fastest stock block Cobra's in the world.) So if the GT500 is anything close to the Cobra in design, I would imagine you could see similar numbers. However, in GM's defense...I feel the LS1, LS2, etc. are all easier and more enjoyable to rip through the curves and such.
Just read the new issues of HOT ROD magazine, where Evolution performance (?) got a new GT500 into the 10's with minimal modifications, and about 600hp at the wheels I believe....

I have to say, the car is impressive. Hell, at least its not a freaking Honda or other Jap POS....
Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

I swear some of you have a picture of the GT500 above your beds.

A few of you are just like GT500 owners, completely forgetting that it's all been done before with the 03/04 Cobra.

I think we have already established the fact that it doesn't take a whole lot of money to make a factory supercharged car faster. I read the article about the Evolution GT500 and just laughed.

Then I picked up the new Road & Track with the Mustang GT & GT500 vs C6 Z51 & Z06. The regular C6 clean the floor with the GT500.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 AM

Yes, the C6 will always clean the house. And if for some odd reason the C6 can't handle the competition, the Z06 most definately fills in the blank spaces for the C6 performance. GM all the way..but still, if you want a damn good drag car...a Mustang is a good consideration..

I think this thread should be done
Old 12-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by codyss
I swear some of you have a picture of the GT500 above your beds.

A few of you are just like GT500 owners, completely forgetting that it's all been done before with the 03/04 Cobra.

I think we have already established the fact that it doesn't take a whole lot of money to make a factory supercharged car faster. I read the article about the Evolution GT500 and just laughed.

Then I picked up the new Road & Track with the Mustang GT & GT500 vs C6 Z51 & Z06. The regular C6 clean the floor with the GT500.
wow what a fair comparison....a mustang gt (25k car) vs a c6??????????? and a gt500 vs a z06?????????????? totally different classes of cars, (two seat sports coupe vs 4 seater muscle car)...again the c6 is a totally different type of car, and if you could possibly realize that you would just stop arguing this point. Oh and i think it was mm&ff who did an article on bolt on gt500 vs bolt on terminator with the same amount of money, the gt500 out did the terminator by over 100 horses and 100 ft lbs....i think the gt500 ran something like half a sec faster in the quarter with the same amount of money in it and it was only like 800 bucks or something...i think you are just a big time ford hater. Hey, i could get an exige s for just a bit more than a c6, RAPE the c6 on a road course, and be a bit faster straight line, but you wouldn't compare the exige s to a c6, would you?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:29 PM

wow what a fair comparison....a mustang gt (25k car) vs a c6??????????? and a gt500 vs a z06?????????????? totally different classes of cars, (two seat sports coupe vs 4 seater muscle car)...again the c6 is a totally different type of car, and if you could possibly realize that you would just stop arguing this point. Oh and i think it was mm&ff who did an article on bolt on gt500 vs bolt on terminator with the same amount of money, the gt500 out did the terminator by over 100 horses and 100 ft lbs....i think the gt500 ran something like half a sec faster in the quarter with the same amount of money in it and it was only like 800 bucks or something...i think you are just a big time ford hater. Hey, i could get an exige s for just a bit more than a c6, RAPE the c6 on a road course, and be a bit faster straight line, but you wouldn't compare the exige s to a c6, would you?

I would compare the Exige to a C6. But the Exige ain't American. Nor is it considered muscle, nor is it designed to be driven in the states. Now more reasonably, compare the Elise, not so good as the C6, but close, and will certainly compete on the track. But I think we were originally comparing a GT500 to a C6, not a GT. In fact, this whole thread has been about the GT500, GTO, Cobra, and C6..and someone was goofy enough to bring up the Z06, which in my humblest opinion rapes all of the above and should not be brought down to such an uncomparable level.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Banned

Why don't you just give up already man?

A GT500 would need the extra 100HP just to keep up with a similar 03-04 Cobra. Are we done talking about modded GT500's now?

Yes they are fast with mods just like any other car in the world. But in stock form they fell very, very short of the hype.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:39 AM

i thought this thred was about gto's? not about which car is faster then the next.

Quick Reply: Gto