War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

hatch vs ss/tc vs evo vs 6spd t/a vs auto t/a

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
^ This is why Id prefer a solid NA build or FI. Instant power, less finnicky, longer lasting.

Why would I? My car is FI, and FI is better than NA and N20. All the cars I buy are FI because its better than having to run a bottle, or rebuild the engine.

Its already built to handle a FI setup, which is what I want to run.
So nitrous doesn't make instant power? I leave off idle at the track in my mustang and it pulls the tires 6 inches off the ground.

If you were to slap a turbo/supercharger/n2o on any car that did not come that way from the factory you will have to tune it. I melted stuff in the process of tuning...like what could happen to any car. Its just as easy to slap a boosted setup on a car and spit out a head gasket(s)

You do not know what you're talking about and you speak with no experience.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slowstang

Thats the point I was trying to make. It's easy to say boost is easy and nitrous is hard when your car comes from the dealership with a turbo.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:43 AM

So nitrous doesn't make instant power? I leave off idle at the track in my mustang and it pulls the tires 6 inches off the ground.

If you were to slap a turbo/supercharger/n2o on any car that did not come that way from the factory you will have to tune it. I melted stuff in the process of tuning...like what could happen to any car. Its just as easy to slap a boosted setup on a car and spit out a head gasket(s)

OK, so let me ask u this then.

A 2.1l kenne belle SC for ur 5.0l, or a 150 shot of N20?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:04 AM

N20 is MUCH more tempermental than a FI setup. Pressure, bottle temp, and a REALLY good tune are all issues that need to be addressed. Personally, Ive seen more N20 kabooms than FI problems.

The fact of the matter is, I can start up my TC'd car, run consistant power, and not have to worry about how much N20 is left in the tank.
Nitrous is a form of FI. It’s a chemical supercharger.

If you know what you are doing and have the right equipment nitrous is just as reliable as a SC/TC, plus it makes more tq than either.

For most cases a tune is NOT needed on anything under a 100-125shot.

The reason you've "seen" (youtube, streetfire, ect) is because people were getting crazy with the nitrous. I would bet you've never seen nitrous backfire or explosion in real life.

**** happens but I have a buddy that has ran nitrous since before I was born and he has had maybe 2-3 problems his whole life. Oddly I was in his truck for one them.

any application. If I got a V8, Id get a termi. Why? Its built to boost already, which is what I was going to do anyway.

Same thing with other cars. Id probly never get a NA anything, unless it was a V10+. Even then though at that price range it would still be better to get a shelby and swap a kennie in it.

screw N20. Bigger turbo/SC is always better.
Once again nitrous is a form of FI.

Also upgrading a SC/TC on a car isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is. Problems still occur and upgrades still need to be made.

You are obviously uneducated on this subject or have read too much information in the internet. Until you have been in a nitrous car and have been around it you have no clue about it. I have helped install a few kits on Mustangs and I know nitrous is the best bang for your buck mods you can buy. It’s cheap and easy to use and SAFE as long as you're not a retard with it.

There is no other mod I know of for $600 you can throw on a NA motor and pick up 100rwhp and 150tq.

Your comparing apples to oragnes. Lets see a $600 nitrous kit or a $4,000 blower. Hmm I'll take the nitrous if I'm on a budget.

Ding Ding Ding.

Thats been his problem from day one. He thinks he knows everything and won't listen to people that have been there and done it.

He swore up and down he was going to run 12s with a 99 Cobra VERT with just DRs, exhaust, and filter. He said I didn't know what I was talking about yet he had never been to the track before.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 01-13-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 AM

i would say the ta 6 spd has a definet advantage from a roll, tehse 2 cars stock trap at around the same speed 104-105. the trans am launchs better and gets better times, from a roll if the ta driver couldnt shift right its possible the cobalt would win, it has no lift shift, so its not to hard to nail every shift and maintain boost.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Banned

1badss/sc you are very ignorant. You should really educate yourself before making comments that make you look like a stupid ****. You saw 2 videos of nitrous cars having problems probably because the owner was an idiot with a **** ass tune...what happens with a turbo or blown car with a shitty tune? BTW i ran a 550rwhp procharged cammed ws6 with my cammed nitrous 550ish-rwhp car and pulled a length because on the hit i have 625rwtq to his 505rwtq...he also cracked a piston and raised the head on 10psi...my car is running fine...go figure...
Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 AM

Kenne bell 2.1 no way. Not on a fox.

Now if you were to say Vortech S-trim vs 150 shot then its a tough call. Ive ran 11.0 at 126 with the S-trim, stock pullies, and meth, 10.6 at 127 with a dry 175 shot/meth setup, and 10.9 at 121 with a wet 150 shot while having the fuel system maxed. The blower setup was strong as hell but my car wouldn't 60ft for **** compared to the nitrous setup. Granted if I were to change the torque converter out for one that suited my s-trim setup it would have been as quick as the n2o. But, the 10.6 run was also crappy because of a failing TFI module.

I'm a fan of boost, the bottle, and a stout n/a setup. Saying the bottle is unreliable is showing ignorance towards nitrous. The tension I needed for the blower's belt not to slip caused a bent crank in 3 months. Every setup has their own advantages. You need to take a ride in an any v8 car with a 150-200 shot and it will shine light on the subject.