War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Highway race - SS/SC vs 04 STi

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quest
So are you saying that an evo dosen't have to break OR turn ?
Actually the opposite.

Originally Posted by
Well since the EVO isn"t a gift from god like most people think, im going to assume that you are comparing it to rear wheel drive cars, like the mustang, and how they handle throuhg sharp curves. And if you could drive worth anything you wouldn't need all wheel drive to be able to take a curve. Infact I belive it is more "fun" to drive a car that is not AWD in curvs because you need to actualy do something. The EVO might be EASIER to drive yes, but more fun......
You know nothing about what AWD does on a track, do you?
Old 05-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Actually the opposite.

I suppose you are the expert authority on AWD since you own a tite-ass STI
Old 05-29-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaslowyota
I agree sti's accourding to this run an 13.2 stock. Thats fast!

http://www.car-stats.com/stats/shows...tsgivenid.aspx

And the wrx runs an 14.1 so i dont see how stock to stock the s/c would out run either from an dig. The fastest ive heard an stock s/c running is an 14.3. With and stage 2 though that is an whole differnt story.

http://www.car-stats.com/stats/shows...tsgivenid.aspx

You arent comparing the entire times from both cars.

Heres and example.

Car A runs 13.0 at 95 MPH...

Car B runs 14.0 at 105 MPH...

In the 1/4 car B doesnt stand a chance. On the highway this is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. Car A isnt even going to be competition for Car B.

So thats basically that. To be more frank a WRX is car A and the Cobalt SS is car B. Now I know the times are totally inaccurate but you get the point.

Basically your MPH is the only thing thats going to matter when racing someone while 40+mph. When my car was stock I would get KILLER 1/8th mile times, but after that those same cars I killed in the 1/8th are walking by me 3/4's of the way down a 1/4 mile track...
Old 05-29-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by WS69
Driving AWD on a track has its benefits but it doesnt really help you any on a dry track. Depending on the car EVO or STI you'll get oversteer or understeer since the evo is front wheel biased and the STI is rear wheel biased.

Its just different. You have to learn to race FWD, RWD or AWD all the same. The cars suspension geometery is whats gonna make one "easier" to race then another. Example would be ferrari with great handling vs dump truck.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

Actually the opposite.

Oh i know that they can launch real hard. but thats about it. Oh man your pushing 290- 300 HP.... thats a lot of "ponies" , if you compair it to the rest of the POS 4 bangers out there. The 04 mustang cobra is pushing 390 stock. 100 more hoses, good luck.
add some mods and you dont have a prayer.

And the only reason all of you say that "roll racing" isn't really racing is because your AWD dream machines suck from a roll, you cant beat someone with launch if there is no launch.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CynicX
You arent comparing the entire times from both cars.

Heres and example.

In the 1/4 car B doesnt stand a chance. On the highway this is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. Car A isnt even going to be competition for Car B.

So thats basically that. To be more frank a WRX is car A and the Cobalt SS is car B. Now I know the times are totally inaccurate but you get the point.

Basically your MPH is the only thing thats going to matter when racing someone while 40+mph. When my car was stock I would get KILLER 1/8th mile times, but after that those same cars I killed in the 1/8th are walking by me 3/4's of the way down a 1/4 mile track...
Exactly. So just because an STI can hang with much faster cars in the 1/4 mile does not mean its actually as fast as those cars. For example, an STI and a Camaro may both run a 13.4, but the Camaro will kill it from anything other than a complete stop. AWD gives it the perception of being fast, even though its really not that powerful.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Wesman, you are the BIGGEST LOSER on the planet! Let me guess, you are a big fat-ass who can't find a girl?! You will be banned again by the end of this day! Plus, fast is fast you clueless MORON! quest=Wesman also!!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:26 PM

Exactly. So just because an STI can hang with much faster cars in the 1/4 mile does not mean its actually as fast as those cars. For example, an STI and a Camaro may both run a 13.4, but the Camaro will kill it from anything other than a complete stop. AWD gives it the perception of being fast, even though its really not that powerful.
oh yes I totally agree. I didnt realize that was your point. I was talking autox track or road coarse. Yes AWD is definately an advantage when it comes to 0-60 times.

To the UNTRAINED eye it has the perception of being fast (which in all honest they are by comparison to alot of cars) but if you compare MPH and TIME you can see what the real outcome would be if the race didnt start from a stop or if it continued down the track, like a 1/2 mile track.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Wesman, you are the BIGGEST LOSER on the planet! Let me guess, you are a big fat-ass who can't find a girl?! You will be banned again by the end of this day! Plus, fast is fast you clueless MORON! quest=Wesman also!!

Your not serious are you.... you can't be serious....Is this guy serious....anyone anyone at all help me out in finding out if this ******* is serious.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

Someone has their panties in a bunch!!

The BIGGEST LOSER?? YO NO ******* WAY!!! I didn't see that one coming!! You're SOOO creative!! You say I'm a fat ass also>> Yea, that really hurts, considering I'm not overweight at all...

I'll be banned again?? NO WAY, thats horrible!!! I'm so worried about that, then I won't be able to **** you off anymore!!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Oh i know that they can launch real hard. but thats about it. Oh man your pushing 290- 300 HP.... thats a lot of "ponies" , if you compair it to the rest of the POS 4 bangers out there. The 04 mustang cobra is pushing 390 stock. 100 more hoses, good luck.
add some mods and you dont have a prayer.

And the only reason all of you say that "roll racing" isn't really racing is because your AWD dream machines suck from a roll, you cant beat someone with launch if there is no launch.
I thought roll racing was dumb in my Camaro, too. There is no skill.

Oh, and Cobras have close to 110 more WHP.

All you seem to do on a Cobalt forum is debate STi's and F-bodies? Why do you keep coming back to debate these things? www.iwsti.com

Go there.

And did anyone say anywhere that a Camaro was slower than an STi? I applaud you for answering a question no one asked.

Originally Posted by

The analogy works better when they run the same 1/4 mile time

There are too many variables in that case. It is unknown how fast car A will be going at 14.0 or how fast car b was going at 13.0. If they both ran 14.0 and the MPH were the same, then the idea would be correct. But as it stands, there is no way to know.

Originally Posted by
Driving AWD on a track has its benefits but it doesnt really help you any on a dry track. Depending on the car EVO or STI you'll get oversteer or understeer since the evo is front wheel biased and the STI is rear wheel biased.

Its just different. You have to learn to race FWD, RWD or AWD all the same. The cars suspension geometery is whats gonna make one "easier" to race then another. Example would be ferrari with great handling vs dump truck.
Good points, but you cannot forget what most people refer to as the "slingshot" idea. An AWD car will be able to use WOT or close to it at corner exit. A FWD/RWD car with a lot of power will not be able to.

Originally Posted by
The correct word is "tight". Congrats for failing a spelling test.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

Oh, and Cobras have close to 110 more WHP.

All you seem to do on a Cobalt forum is debate STi's and F-bodies? Why do you keep coming back to debate these things? www.iwsti.com

Go there.

And did anyone say anywhere that a Camaro was slower than an STi? I applaud you for answering a question no one asked.

The analogy works better when they run the same 1/4 mile time

There are too many variables in that case. It is unknown how fast car A will be going at 14.0 or how fast car b was going at 13.0. If they both ran 14.0 and the MPH were the same, then the idea would be correct. But as it stands, there is no way to know.

Good points, but you cannot forget what most people refer to as the "slingshot" idea. An AWD car will be able to use WOT or close to it at corner exit. A FWD/RWD car with a lot of power will not be able to.

I havn't once...NOT ONCE... debated anyting about an f body vs an sti or evo.

I compared the top of the line mustang with the top of the line imprezza/lancer. cause thats all it is. incase u know nothing about cars ill fill you in, a mustang, NOT AN F BODY.

Someone has their panties in a bunch!!

The BIGGEST LOSER?? YO NO ******* WAY!!! I didn't see that one coming!! You're SOOO creative!! You say I'm a fat ass also>> Yea, that really hurts, considering I'm not overweight at all...

I'll be banned again?? NO WAY, thats horrible!!! I'm so worried about that, then I won't be able to **** you off anymore!!

One thing is very clear! You are classless with zero life. I assume you haven't been laid in years! Cutting the MULLET might help!?
Banned

Who cares?? It shows which car is faster, where is there a rule that says there needs to be skill involved in every race?? Thats called a drivers race, and doesn;t actually show which car is faster.

And I applaud you for taking my statement totally out of context. Good job

I was making fun of the fact that you're a stupid ricer. Get a clue
Old 05-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

One thing is very clear! You are classless with zero life. I assume you haven't been laid in years! Cutting the MULLET might help!?
I'm classless??

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME YOU ******* MORON.

You assume wrong, and no, I don't have a mullet. Seeing as you love STis and Evos, I will assume that you are Asian and dress like a ***, hows that for a stereotype??

At least I don't have sex with men like you do
Old 05-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned

I'm classless??

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME YOU ******* MORON.

You assume wrong, and no, I don't have a mullet. Seeing as you love STis and Evos, I will assume that you are Asian and dress like a ***, hows that for a stereotype??

At least I don't have sex with men like you do

LMAO.....
Old 05-29-2006, 05:41 PM

/unsubscribe
Old 05-29-2006, 05:42 PM

I havn't once...NOT ONCE... debated anyting about an f body vs an sti or evo.

I compared the top of the line mustang with the top of the line imprezza/lancer. cause thats all it is. incase u know nothing about cars ill fill you in, a mustang, NOT AN F BODY.
I know, I was saying that to Wesman/LS1TA/ whatever he is this time. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You can tell since I posted that comment after I quoted him.

Originally Posted by
Who cares?? It shows which car is faster, where is there a rule that says there needs to be skill involved in every race?? Thats called a drivers race, and doesn;t actually show which car is faster.
I ask again, who cares? Does being in a faster car make you better than me? No, it doesn't. Being a better driver would though.

Originally Posted by
And I applaud you for taking my statement totally out of context. Good job
No, I didn't.

Originally Posted by
I was making fun of the fact that you're a stupid ricer. Get a clue
We've been over this already. You are a ricer by every single definition of the word. If you want to go back, look at previous posts on this argument in which you were not able to rebuff me because you know I am right and you are wrong thereby making you a ricer.

Oh and a semicolon is not the correct punctuation when creating a contraction such as doesn't. And "thats" needs an apostrophe.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:45 PM

You know what, I think this time wesman made his own peanut gallery with these two names to laugh at his own lame jokes. That is why I think quest thought that I was telling that to him.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=Gloveperson]

We've been over this already. You are a ricer by every single definition of the word. If you want to go back, look at previous posts on this argument in which you were not able to rebuff me because you know I am right and you are wrong thereby making you a ricer.

You need to get it right, he is an uneducated, piece of white trash!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:47 PM

You know what, I think this time wesman made his own peanut gallery with these two names to laugh at his own lame jokes. That is why I think quest thought that I was telling that to him.
He is his own best friend!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

oh ok let me get to this now.

I see. just because i relise what a waste of money an evo or sti is it automatticaly makes me this kid wesman or what ever he is now. if i had 30 grand to spend i would deffinitly go out spend 23K on a cobra and then mod the **** out of it and still spend 4k under what you spent for your ugly ass stock ricer with its useless "wing".

This waste of money can be beat by f bodies as well
Old 05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

Oh and a semicolon is not the correct punctuation when creating a contraction such as doesn't. And "thats" needs an apostrophe.
I am a ricer?? How is that?? You are the one driving a piece of **** factory riced out Subaru STi, not me. I suppose all people who drive Muscle cars are "ricers". Get a clue, post calling kettle black

You just feel really coo correcting people's typo errors.....
Old 05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

You need to get it right, he is an uneducated, piece of white trash!
Uneducated white trash...damn you're a moron.

You're a stupid wigger ass retard, hows that for the truth??
Old 05-29-2006, 05:51 PM

oh ok let me get to this now.

I see. just because i relise what a waste of money an evo or sti is it automatticaly makes me this kid wesman or what ever he is now. if i had 30 grand to spend i would deffinitly go out spend 23K on a cobra and then mod the **** out of it and still spend 4k under what you spent for your ugly ass stock ricer with its useless "wing".

This waste of money can be beat by f bodies as well
You really need to learn how to spell!! You sound SOOO smart!

Quick Reply: Highway race - SS/SC vs 04 STi