War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Highway race - SS/SC vs 04 STi

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
My uncles got an Sti. Im gonna show him up on our way to vacation this summer lol.

ur uncle is ****** awsome lol but yeah congrats on beating that car from a roll, idk y ppl put stuff like this up here...... not to b an ******* if it came out like that
Old 05-29-2006, 07:06 PM

hey quesman, ill be in jersey this september for a dyno war. Is september a good time to run. We can run at atco or englishtown... its on you. Ill even pay your fees, under one condition, which is if you let me post up the timeslips on this site. Im very serious if you want to run your "almighty trans am"
Old 05-29-2006, 07:08 PM

before you leave read this article..

http://www.lightstormimages.com/gall...ngs_protec.doc

It explains downforces. Why theres no wings on the front of cars and how it all actually works. It was written by scientis and engineers. It will explain and show you how wings actually work and what vortex generators do. How the hood and front facia of the STI are designed to provide adquate downforces etc etc...

I'm still cracking up about how only rear wheel drive need rear wings. Because when you take a corner on a track at 100+mph in a front wheel drive it doesnt matter if the air under the car is about to lift it off the ground and throw you into a wall right? lol....idiot
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson

No, they don't. I love how F-body owners don't even know their own car (even though you own a Cavalier). The hood scoops are not connected to the intake manifold or any part of the intake system. There is no air getting in there. It is simply letting air get into the engine bay which is like cutting a whole out of a hood. It does nothing. You have to buy a kit, usually the BG kit for a WS6. I had a different one for my Z28 that would take air from the ground. The hood is nonfunctional.
Once again, you're off the mark. I don't own a Cavalier, and the Ram Air system is in fact functional, if not 100%. The scoops draw cooler air to the engine bay, which is then inducted into the airbox. I may consider the BG kit in the future for a real "Ram Air" effect. So the hood is in fact functional, if it was nonfunctional then that would mean that no air is inducted through it.

Tasteful body kits? I guess that is in the eye of the beholder. There is more bodywork on a WS6 than there is on an STi. Fact. BTW, the STi hood scoop IS functional. Learn about the car before you talk. The car has a top mounted intercooler. You are always wrong, aren't you?
You must be kidding. The STI has got to the the tackiest car on the road in terms of looks, right next to the Evo. The Trans Am is a low-slung 2 door hatchback sport car with aggressive styling, the STi is a 4 door family sedan with a bunch of rice modifications. Big difference.

Typical ricer response. I ask again, why do you keep coming back?
Just to prove you're wrong and don't have a clue. Seems to be working.

100% wrong. The trams-am is a nicer version of a Firebird. Which is a ponycar. Read what pon cars are. The V8 version were the special version. Just like the STi is the special version.
When GM poineered the Firebird in the late 60's, it wasn't designed to be an economy car. It was a pony car from the start, designed to have a V8 and RWD. Like I said, the V6 model was only added to increase sales and satisfy people who wanted the looks of a Firebird without the pony car performance. The STI is merely an Impreza family sedan with a turbo motor, when the Impreza was first designed they didn't even consider a performance version. Same is true for the Evo, the first one was merely a piece of **** base model Lancer with a turbo. Actualy the new one still is a piece of **** base model Laner with a turbo, they just changed the front end styling and added a bunch of tacky appearance mods
Banned

Originally Posted by LittleMT
you got banned becuase you are a clueless idiot.

ummmmmm no. aperintly u are cluleless. i got banned and it said the reason i got band was "wesman".

im clueless how am i clueless. all im saying is that V8s have much more potential then 4 cyl's. i never said anything, to my knolage, that was in acurate. please tell me how I am a clueless idiot. is it not true that that the cobra SVT is a faster more powerful vehical. over any four cylender out there. i have heard of, ok now dont rag on me for bringing up F Bodies, older camaros running with up to 800 HP witch lifts the entier front off the ground, now that power ive never heard of from a 4 banger. i wont despute the fact of practicality of the evo/sti compared to a V8 coup but when talking about performace from sports cars there is noting like a V8. and i guess its not that i HATE then i just figure why spend all that money when u can get a better car for less. and if practicality is waht you want why spend so much.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sempher55
Im Saying This... Quesman...or Wesman... Just Leave Our Forums.. You Cannot Contribute.. Quit And Stop Making New Screen Names.. Ill Get Ur I.p. Address And Give It To Admin To Block Ur I.p From Getting Access.... Later Bitch...
You'll "get my IP address..."

Wow, now I'm scared, some little ****** ass computer nerd is going to steal my IP!!

OMG!!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evolve
hey quesman, ill be in jersey this september for a dyno war. Is september a good time to run. We can run at atco or englishtown... its on you. Ill even pay your fees, under one condition, which is if you let me post up the timeslips on this site. Im very serious if you want to run your "almighty trans am"

you can not be ******* serious.... you have got to be the dencest person on the face of the earth. I do not own a trans am or a V8. i own a POS 4 banger tiburon that i was forced into buying becasue of money issues. i am working on getting a V8 though inwich case ill let you know when i want to race. how bout u ask wesman. hell gladly race the TA agenst ur POS.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by questman
ummmmmm no. aperintly u are cluleless. i got banned and it said the reason i got band was "wesman".

im clueless how am i clueless. all im saying is that V8s have much more potential then 4 cyl's. i never said anything, to my knolage, that was in acurate. please tell me how I am a clueless idiot. is it not true that that the cobra SVT is a faster more powerful vehical. over any four cylender out there. i have heard of, ok now dont rag on me for bringing up F Bodies, older camaros running with up to 800 HP witch lifts the entier front off the ground, now that power ive never heard of from a 4 banger. i wont despute the fact of practicality of the evo/sti compared to a V8 coup but when talking about performace from sports cars there is noting like a V8. and i guess its not that i HATE then i just figure why spend all that money when u can get a better car for less. and if practicality is waht you want why spend so much.
I happen to know of a certain 900hp evo that will take turns as well as eat your 800hp camero alive. Back to the subject at hand... Race me.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

I happen to know of a certain 900hp evo that will take turns as well as eat your 800hp camero alive. Back to the subject at hand... Race me.

I CANT RACE YOU I DONT HAVE THE TRANS AM. what dont u understand about that.

i dont have a race worthy car of anysorts im working on that. yes ill admit ur car would beat mine, evos are fast....i have a whole 160HP in a 2630 lbs car. big challenge. wait till i get money and yes ill race you. as of now talk to wesman. what was done to this evo to get it to 900 before i call bullshit right now.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

Wow. Nothing like one-up-manship. Nobody cares about a 900HP Evo, whats it good for, one run before it blows to pieces?? Pointless. Besides, 900HP cars don't have any business taking turns anyway, andthing with that much power is obviously a drag car.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:23 PM

you can not be ******* serious.... you have got to be the dencest person on the face of the earth. I do not own a trans am or a V8. i own a POS 4 banger tiburon that i was forced into buying becasue of money issues. i am working on getting a V8 though inwich case ill let you know when i want to race. how bout u ask wesman. hell gladly race the TA agenst ur POS.
So you are wasting not only my time, but everyones. Figures. Tell "wesman" the same offer stands for him.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by DC52NV2
Once again, you're off the mark. I don't own a Cavalier, and the Ram Air system is in fact functional, if not 100%. The scoops draw cooler air to the engine bay, which is then inducted into the airbox. I may consider the BG kit in the future for a real "Ram Air" effect. So the hood is in fact functional, if it was nonfunctional then that would mean that no air is inducted through it.

There is the airbox. Guess where the air comes in from? Not from the hood scoop that is for sure. Don't believe me? Ask anyone worth a penny at ls1tech.com.

Originally Posted by
You must be kidding. The STI has got to the the tackiest car on the road in terms of looks, right next to the Evo. The Trans Am is a low-slung 2 door hatchback sport car with aggressive styling, the STi is a 4 door family sedan with a bunch of rice modifications. Big difference.
Rice modifications are ones that have no effect on performance. The T/A has a nonfunctional hoodscoop, the STi has a functional one. The T/A has a nonfunctional spoiler, the STi has a really dumb, yet functional one. Hmm...

Originally Posted by
Just to prove you're wrong and don't have a clue. Seems to be working.
No, not really. All you have proved is that you know nothing about cars, and even your own supposed car.

Originally Posted by
When GM poineered the Firebird in the late 60's, it wasn't designed to be an economy car. It was a pony car from the start, designed to have a V8 and RWD. Like I said, the V6 model was only added to increase sales and satisfy people who wanted the looks of a Firebird without the pony car performance. The STI is merely an Impreza family sedan with a turbo motor, when the Impreza was first designed they didn't even consider a performance version. Same is true for the Evo, the first one was merely a piece of **** base model Lancer with a turbo. Actualy the new one still is a piece of **** base model Laner with a turbo, they just changed the front end styling and added a bunch of tacky appearance mods
You just proved my argument right. Congrats.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:29 PM

I CANT RACE YOU I DONT HAVE THE TRANS AM. what dont u understand about that.

i dont have a race worthy car of anysorts im working on that. yes ill admit ur car would beat mine, evos are fast....i have a whole 160HP in a 2630 lbs car. big challenge. wait till i get money and yes ill race you. as of now talk to wesman. what was done to this evo to get it to 900 before i call bullshit right now.
So why are you still here? ams evo, google it
Old 05-29-2006, 07:29 PM

HAHAHAAAHAHAHAA wesman is O.D-ING
Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

So you are wasting not only my time, but everyones. Figures. Tell "wesman" the same offer stands for him.

so im wasting your time casuse i dont have a car that will race you? i didnt know we were on here to organize races. i thought we were here to have conversations about cars. actualy this is about highway races with the ss/sc vs the sti. last i checked there was no racing from a dig so i belive the SS/SC would win. now that i talked about waht we are here to talk about i belive you, ****, have nowhere to say i am wasting anyones time.

now lets get down to buisnes. so talk talk wesman about racing a trans am. but what ive been sayign is that ur car wouldnt stand a chance agensts the newer cobra. you want to get owend let me know and ill see what i can do about teaching you a lesson with the mustang. my neighbor has one and im sure hed love wamp all over you. you say youll pay for the fee? what about the gas to get there remember it is a V8.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun280
HAHAHAAAHAHAHAA wesman is O.D-ING
ROFL!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

So why are you still here? ams evo, google it

WHAT???????

ams evo?

how bout the cobra?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:38 PM

so im wasting your time casuse i dont have a car that will race you? i didnt know we were on here to organize races. i thought we were here to have conversations about cars. actualy this is about highway races with the ss/sc vs the sti. last i checked there was no racing from a dig so i belive the SS/SC would win. now that i talked about waht we are here to talk about i belive you, ****, have nowhere to say i am wasting anyones time.

now lets get down to buisnes. so talk talk wesman about racing a trans am. but what ive been sayign is that ur car wouldnt stand a chance agensts the newer cobra. you want to get owend let me know and ill see what i can do about teaching you a lesson with the mustang. my neighbor has one and im sure hed love wamp all over you. you say youll pay for the fee? what about the gas to get there remember it is a V8.
A cobra??? Hahaha, seriously? Ive eaten two "terminators" alive dude. I ran one with slicks at VMP 3 saturdays ago. I ran an 11.82 @116, and missed 4th, he was in the 12s. So what were you saying about "newer cobras"?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

A cobra??? Hahaha, seriously? Ive eaten two "terminators" alive dude. I ran one with slicks at VMP 3 saturdays ago. I ran an 11.82 @116, and missed 4th, he was in the 12s. So what were you saying about "newer cobras"?

im saying your gunna be in jerzy and wanna race a V8, do u want me to see what i can do about u racing a cobra?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know why you got banned Quest. I'm finding out right now. But once I do, I will more then likely ban you again. If you got banned mistakenly, then you PM the moderator and explain yourself, and he will lift your ban. You don't sign back up again under a different name and then keep being a dork.

Oh and WS69? DC52NV isn't the only guy banning your ass.

Closed.