War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I always get riced!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same **** different day here in MI. Me being a firefighter I unfortunately have to behave due to the fact that my car is very well known around the area. I mean just how many Blk SCSS's respond to fire and medical calls and are at every scene lol. The worst though was one day I was driving to work around 6am and a decent looking Tsi pulled up next to me. I use to have a Tsi before my SS so I have respect for the DSM scene. Anyway we both knew exactly what each other was thinking and when the light turned green we both gunned it. I was ahead and he was catching up a little and just as I was passing through the next light sure as **** a Kentwood cop was looking right at me. Needless to say I got pulled over and recieved a major lecture about how I am a firefighter and I need to show a better image and the fact that I pick ppl up and carry them from horrible wrecks all day should be enough reason why I shouldnt be driving like that. So long story short no ticket or anything but a long ass loud lecture and speech and the ****** contacted my Fire Chief.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Infamous SC/SS
...long story short no ticket or anything but a long ass loud lecture and speech and the ****** contacted my Fire Chief.
Count yourself lucky because anyone else might've gotten a ride in the back of a squad car, be happy to have received special treatment.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 PM

I gotta say most people still don't know about our cars. I'm sure these slow cars trying to race either think you have a cobalt with a body kit or think your car is something they can beat.

On a side note I think I'm gonna use flashers more often during or after races just cause it pisses people off so much. I will admit that it is annoying and funny.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM

I like the Hyundai Genesis... Especially the new 2013 model. I don't think its girly. Twin scroll Turbo and rwd? And that nice ass Hyundai warranty.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Am I the only one getting harassed by civic si owners? I don't bother with them, and its always young kids playing around but I get annoyed with them. It happens with other cars too but not as much as with the civics. I usually just wave them off but I have played with a few of them

I don't know if you guys know but in Ontario 150Kph or about 95Mph gets your car impounded for a week, license suspened for a week, and a $2000-10,000 fine. Then you get to see if your insurance will still keep you, as insurance is a legal requirement here. Harshest penalty for drivers I've heard of
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by riceburner
dont worry, i burn ricers
This^

And it NEVER gets old
Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's Friday night. I can go out and just drive around for less than 20 minutes and find someone that wants to race. It's usually rednecks in Dodge trucks, but who am I to discriminate? BTW, I know how to spot the turbo diesel trucks with money-mods. I stay away from those.

Originally Posted by Dutchman
Am I the only one getting harassed by civic si owners? I don't bother with them, and its always young kids playing around but I get annoyed with them. It happens with other cars too but not as much as with the civics. I usually just wave them off but I have played with a few of them

I don't know if you guys know but in Ontario 150Kph or about 95Mph gets your car impounded for a week, license suspened for a week, and a $2000-10,000 fine. Then you get to see if your insurance will still keep you, as insurance is a legal requirement here. Harshest penalty for drivers I've heard of
I own a Civic Si. I wouldn't even try to race a Cobalt.

Last edited by SSlobalt; 04-14-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt
It's Friday night. I can go out and just drive around for less than 20 minutes and find someone that wants to race.
THIS.

they are easy kills too. I never bother. its always civics ( brown ones , green ones) they are all the same crapy 17 year old pizza boys that try to race me, I can beat them while arguing with onstar about how crappy their service is.

Scions that have worse suspension than a 30 year old spring mattress and autozone yellow fog lights

last but not least. new Mustangs that think they are cool with a V6 or V8 and when they lose to a cobalt have the look on their face like they wanna go back and return their purchase
Old 04-14-2012, 02:35 AM
Banned

yea i've gotten a few. i usually downshift and let them hear the whine. although i did take a nismo 370 from a dig to about 80. i wasn't gonna go for it but i heard him go hammer down and from the launch my front was at is rear bumper but by the end of 2nd gear his front was at my rear bumper. i was pretty stoked for that kill
Old 04-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

****** ricers.....
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt

I own a Civic Si. I wouldn't even try to race a Cobalt.
im sorry for your loss