War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I beat a WS6 Lastnight!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helty
thats a shame
get over it, what was i suppose to do, run him off the road and tell him i wanted to race from a dead stop.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:15 PM

who starts a race at 80mph? thats not a race. hell you've already eliminated your launch, 1st, 2nd and 3rd and any driver skill at all.
80mph isnt such a bad start... from that speed its all about whos car is faster(no driver excuses). i do think that its good to do other speeds as well though, makes it more fun that way... i have had people beat me from a roll on the highway where there isnt much driver skill involved, but from the line, or a slower roll, i usually can take them... as long as its not a vette or a STi or something, haha!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
get over it, what was i suppose to do, run him off the road and tell him i wanted to race from a dead stop.
yeah, cuz im really losing sleep over it. people like you are a dime a dozen man. this will just turn into a big street/roll racing cirlce jerk, so just i'll let you go along believing you can really beat a WS6 in a real race, and make sure you tell everyone you know about it too. later.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:37 PM

i do have to say that there must have been something wrong witht he ws6.. cobalts are sweet, but they arnt a ws6
Old 01-28-2006, 09:22 PM

6-speed C5 > 6-speed LS1 F-body
6- speed LS1 F-body > automatic C5
automatic C5 > Automatic LS1 F-body

assuming both are stock and have "equal" driving skills.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

there is nothing wrong with racing from a roll, I raced a LT-1 Z28 from a 20mph roll and it was dead even till 4th and then I pulled verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly pulled. V-8's aren't all that hyped up from a high mph roll, by no means invinsible. SRT-4's pull on LS1 after 115. V8's run out of breath, they are torque monsters more then anything. Just because they have more hp doesn't mean they are faster, they are heavy as ****.

2995 lbs > 3500 lbs
205 + HP < 320 HP

special consideration should be taken if it was an automatic it makes it even more crediable.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:44 AM

yeah, cuz im really losing sleep over it. people like you are a dime a dozen man. this will just turn into a big street/roll racing cirlce jerk, so just i'll let you go along believing you can really beat a WS6 in a real race, and make sure you tell everyone you know about it too. later.
dont put words into my mouth ******. i never said that i could beat a ws6 from a dead start. Even though i most likely could have because he was having proplems with his clutch.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tofu
6-speed C5 > 6-speed LS1 F-body
6- speed LS1 F-body > automatic C5
automatic C5 > Automatic LS1 F-body

assuming both are stock and have "equal" driving skills.
Wrong. Auto C5's have the highest drivetrain loss of the whole bunch with the independent rear and the torque tube instead of an drive shaft and the axles are heavier. When I had my car at the dyno the c5's put down the lowest numbers. As far as driving skills go I was cutting 1.9x 60 ft times in my 01 ws6 with stock tires, drag radials didnt really help at all, correct tire pressure was the key.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike's SS
Wrx's suck ***** from a roll, a coupe of idiots with them tried to get my ws6. 60-120 it just kept falling farther and farther behind.
Wow, who was talking about WRXs?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:31 AM

from a roll a stock ls1 TA or z28 can go down or we hang with them from a 45mph roll
i try to race from a 45mph roll thorw it in second and the ss/sc pulls like a wild banche
i raced a gt the other day with exhaust from a 45mph roll and on the third honk he was on
my bumper and i was creeping away,bad thing about it he had his girl friend in the car
and my buddy has a ls1 TA and we missed around and he was behind me and i seen that he was swing to the other lane to come around me so i threw it into second and he stayed on the rear of my door to 120mph and he couldnt pass from 40 to 120mph. he is stock and
i have k-n fitler and 2 1/2 in exhaust to flowmaster.far as lt1 raced 94 lt1 formula he was in front of me and he nailed it and i reeled him in and passed him and at the next light he asked me " what the hell is in that thing" i laughed and said "sc banger" he was smiling more then i was. he had flowmaster and moroso cai. so good kill this cars are very underated by everyone so keep up the good work
Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by jmartinez
from a roll a stock ls1 TA or z28 can go down or we hang with them from a 45mph roll
i try to race from a 45mph roll thorw it in second and the ss/sc pulls like a wild banche
i raced a gt the other day with exhaust from a 45mph roll and on the third honk he was on
my bumper and i was creeping away,bad thing about it he had his girl friend in the car
and my buddy has a ls1 TA and we missed around and he was behind me and i seen that he was swing to the other lane to come around me so i threw it into second and he stayed on the rear of my door to 120mph and he couldnt pass from 40 to 120mph. he is stock and
i have k-n fitler and 2 1/2 in exhaust to flowmaster.far as lt1 raced 94 lt1 formula he was in front of me and he nailed it and i reeled him in and passed him and at the next light he asked me " what the hell is in that thing" i laughed and said "sc banger" he was smiling more then i was. he had flowmaster and moroso cai. so good kill this cars are very underated by everyone so keep up the good work
Ltl from rolls stock yeah I can see it happening. But the Ls1's? Nah man. Dare you to go over to an Ls1 forums and say that same ****. I know you guys won't. Since when does a stock cobalt start beating Ws6's from rolls no problem? This forum is turning into another clubrsx with the way off kill stories. Those cars can trap 109's and higher cobalt traps 98-100 maybe. How the hell can it keep up for any amount off time from a roll. Too many guys on here got the K&n /exhaust combo and are starting to feel invincible.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 AM

dont put words into my mouth ******. i never said that i could beat a ws6 from a dead start. Even though i most likely could have because he was having proplems with his clutch.
where did I ever accuse you of claiming that you could beat a WS6 from a dead stop? but your right, you probably could have bc "he was having problems with his clutch" ******* stooge. closet ricer.

and im the ******? some of you guys really kill me. whats next? you gonna beat a Z06 from a 120 roll? get a ******* life. its bitches like you that give decent cobalt owners a bad rep.
Originally Posted by Darksun280
Ltl from rolls stock yeah I can see it happening. But the Ls1's? Nah man. Dare you to go over to an Ls1 forums and say that same ****. I know you guys won't. Since when does a stock cobalt start beating Ws6's from rolls no problem? This forum is turning into another clubrsx with the way off kill stories. Those cars can trap 109's and higher cobalt traps 98-100 maybe. How the hell can it keep up for any amount off time from a roll. Too many guys on here got the K&n /exhaust combo and are starting to feel invincible.
quoted for truth. you dont have hair one on your ***** to go over to LS1 tech and claim this ****. its pretty bad when your own kind know you're full of ****. this place is getting worse than the srt forums. at least when those guys make up bullshit stories they're somewhat believable.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

Boy... It's get'n hot in hrrrr
Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
good kill... everyone automaticall looks at why it's not possible... who cares about trap speed, they didn't start from a stop... and i've driven several trans ams as well, what i've noticed is that most of their power is off the line... as is with several of the pontiacs... beasts off the line, but then start pulling more slowly once you're up to speed.. if he said he beat him from a dead stop, i too would call bs... but that's not the case..

Sorry but you are completely mistaken if you think LS1's have just off the line power that motor is a topend monster in fact I miss dropping mine down to third at about 60 and roasting the tires. I too have an ss/sc but please do not start comparing these cars to f-body monsters at least till we can get a few cobalts running in th 12's I mean the 1320 times recorded so far on street driven Cobalts are not the greatest.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trobin44
Boy... It's get'n hot in hrrrr
LOL you've got that right
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 PM

not all ls1 run like monsters and its not a v8 world anymore u got 11 second neons out there 10 second hatch back and it will not be long for cobalts running 12' or better and ask a ls1 owner if he can 26 or better mpg and still running like wild banche and zero to 60 for ls1 camaro or TA is 5.7 seconds according mototrend cobalts are 6.0 if traction is there.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

not all ls1 run like monsters and its not a v8 world anymore u got 11 second neons out there 10 second hatch back and it will not be long for cobalts running 12' or better and ask a ls1 owner if he can 26 or better mpg and still running like wild banche and zero to 60 for ls1 camaro or TA is 5.7 seconds according mototrend cobalts are 6.0 if traction is there.
There are 9 second hatchbacks and 10 second RSX(s?). Point? You need to research LS1s a little more. They get awesome gas mileage. A lot better then a heavily boosted 4 cylinder. What is this word ..."banche"??? Are you trying to spell banshee? Oh and last time I checked all of the fastest cars in the world are still V8 powered.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:42 PM

Car an Driver i believe it was, got 5.9 out of the cobalt. im sure that some ****** on here will call BS on that too..........some people people on here are just idiots. They think that every V8 runs the same and that everyone driving them is a good driver. I noticed on this site that if anyone says anything about beating a V8, its automatically BS. Not all V8's are monsters guys.........
Old 01-29-2006, 02:46 PM

have you ever been drag racing before? If you have you would know that 3 tenths of a second is a big difference. Now add to the fact that the ls1 is gonna continue to pull harder, how is a stock cobalt ss going to run down one? Darksun speak the truth, you guys are getting ridiculous. You barely have any cobalts in the 13's, and your comparing your cars to other cars that are well into the 13's, 12's maybe with very little work.

i raced a gt the other day with exhaust from a 45mph roll and on the third honk he was on my bumper and i was creeping away,bad thing about it he had his girl friend in the car
GT mustangs are SLOWER then ws6's, so if you can barely pull away from a gt, then i'm sorry man your halucinating if you think you can hang with an ls1.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Car an Driver i believe it was, got 5.9 out of the cobalt. im sure that some ****** on here will call BS on that too..........some people people on here are just idiots. They think that every V8 runs the same and that everyone driving them is a good driver. I noticed on this site that if anyone says anything about beating a V8, its automatically BS. Not all V8's are monsters guys.........
Yeah I call BS, 5.7 0-60 in an LS1 is incredibly slow for that car.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:58 PM

You are correct not all v8's are monster's however all LS1's are monsters... Hail to the LS1
Old 01-29-2006, 03:03 PM

Wake up...... your dreaming if you think any Cobalt could beat a WS6 in any kind of race with any driver. I love the Cobalt, but theres not nearly enough after market out there to hold a WS6. I honestly think the Intense stage upgraded Cobalt could hang with a WS6 and that package is amazing. Hopefully one day here in the near future we will be able to go head to head with the LS1.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:16 PM

It's a freakin ws6 trans am! 100 hp on you, 100+ torque on you, you have no chance, he was in 6th gear.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:51 PM

cobalts are awsome, but they don't have much against a Ws6 Tran am. My buddy had a ws6 and that moved like a bat out of hell, and as much as i like cobalts, he could walk all over an ss/sc with his car. it went 0-60 in about 5.2 seconds with only an intake and exaust, thats almost a full second on a balt. Eagle talon TSIs have about the same horsepower as a balt, and he raced a modded one from about 35 and raped it. sorry both cars are amazing but the TA is just a monster!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by J_Rod
NICE!! I love those cars but i'm rapidly finding that my SS/SC will hang or beat many of those 8cyls. Tuesday afternoon I get my Intake, Header, Cat-Back and Eibach's on. I will start my hunting then lol
Just curious to see if my math is right, but how much is all that costing you?

Quick Reply: I beat a WS6 Lastnight!