War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I hate mustang drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate mustang drivers

I'm heading out of town and pull up in the passing lane next to a mustang gt. It was newer, but didn't notice the exact car details. He had two white stripes, but I don't think it was one of the shelby mustangs. I wasn't planning to race him at all. He didn't rev his engine at the light or do anything to let me know he planned to take off.

Normally when driving I short shift on first. I baby the car and usually just blow off cars that aren't worth my time. He waits until right when I shift into second and takes off. I'm only at like 1,500 rpm, obviously I have no power at all.

I decided to floor it anyway. It is so embarassing to floor it low into second. Anway, by this point he has 2 cars on me since I had no clue he was going to do that. By the end of second I am coming up fast on him. I hit third and am about to fly past when he pulls over and hits the brake like he ran me good. I hate that. I have realized that despite the start though a lot of cars lose the long term.

I really hope I run into this guy again so I can throw down $500 and see if he still thinks he easily took 2 car lengths on me. In this area he will be talking **** all week. I'm sure I'll have to hear about it now from someone I know. It seems like most mustang owners are like that. There are good ones, but a lot of them will only take an easy win.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, good luck next time you race him, and next time you see a Stang, don't short-shift it.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM

It was rough because we were about 20 feet out from the light before he got into the gas. I think he did it on purpose. Otherwise, I could have still used first. Like I said they are cheap.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nah.. probably didnt think you had nothing left...
when i race in my stang i normally shut down around 100 because ill have such a big gap its just a waiste of gas to keep racing... perhaps this is why he shut off?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM

It might have been. I don't know if he saw me in his mirror or not. I would have overtaken him if he hadn't stopped. Instead I just ended up flying by as he hit the brake. That is part of what makes me pissed really. Then I look like an ass in a civic flying by someone who isn't trying to race.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:21 PM

mustang drivers like to pertend they cannot be beaten by anyone, anywhere. so when a 4 banger shows them up they like to say they "let off" or "missed a gear" some stupid **** like that.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
mustang drivers like to pertend they cannot be beaten by anyone, anywhere. so when a 4 banger shows them up they like to say they "let off" or "missed a gear" some stupid **** like that.
Please... everyone makes excuses.

I'm sure if I put a couple buses on a Stage 2 SS/SC in my GT, there would be people on here who would rattle off a list of excuses a mile long even if they made no sense... Must have been a 2.2, I bet he didn't know how to drive, Try it from a roll next time, He probably had the emergency brake on, You've got a V8, You're RWD, His clutch was probably slipping, Everyone has a Rustang, You probably made this up...

Sure, there are also plenty of people on here who would be cool about it and congratulate me on the victory, but just like ANY other group of owners, there are going to be people that make up stupid excuses.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Please... everyone makes excuses.

I'm sure if I put a couple buses on a Stage 2 SS/SC in my GT, there would be people on here who would rattle off a list of excuses a mile long even if they made no sense... Must have been a 2.2, I bet he didn't know how to drive, Try it from a roll next time, He probably had the emergency brake on, You've got a V8, You're RWD, His clutch was probably slipping, Everyone has a Rustang, You probably made this up...

Sure, there are also plenty of people on here who would be cool about it and congratulate me on the victory, but just like ANY other group of owners, there are going to be people that make up stupid excuses.
I think he mentioned it WASN'T a GT. I don't think there is a Cobalt owner on here that would be surprised by getting beat by a new mustang GT.
Hell I got my ass beat by an old 1990 Chevy Blazer. I was pulling out from a stop sign normally, he flew up fast from behind in the second lane, hesistated at the stop sign, then blew through. He was already a car ahead before I realized I was in a de facto race in second gear
Would you call it a fair race? But I'm not going to shy away from geting beat. He caught me unaware and my car wasn't good enough to take up the slack.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I think he mentioned it WASN'T a GT. I don't think there is a Cobalt owner on here that would be surprised by getting beat by a new mustang GT.
Hell I got my ass beat by an old 1990 Chevy Blazer. I was pulling out from a stop sign normally, he flew up fast from behind in the second lane, hesistated at the stop sign, then blew through. He was already a car ahead before I realized I was in a de facto race in second gear
Would you call it a fair race? But I'm not going to shy away from geting beat. He caught me unaware and my car wasn't good enough to take up the slack.
Well, he said:

I'm heading out of town and pull up in the passing lane next to a mustang gt.
But that's beside the point. I'm just saying that there are always going to be people who make stupid excuses. It's certainly not limited to Mustang guys.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:56 PM

Well, he said:

But that's beside the point. I'm just saying that there are always going to be people who make stupid excuses. It's certainly not limited to Mustang guys.

Whoops didn't catch that. Don't really know what he's complaining about then. he wasn't a shoo-in for winning regardless
Old 03-26-2007, 05:02 PM

I dont know what was done to that mustang but i have a Cobalt SS S/c i still have my 94 mustang gt its worked out runs mid 12s all day. I raced a couple cobalt ss s/c's and they usually just give up after the first few seconds once they see how hard i pull from them lol. But now that the SS S/c is my daily driver i dont even bother racing cars unless they are in my class. These cars need alot of work to mess with gto's mustang gt's unless the driver sucks. No disrespect on the cobalt but people think they can jump in these cars and beat everything it takes money to get this car up there.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by liolixli
I'm heading out of town and pull up in the passing lane next to a mustang gt. It was newer, but didn't notice the exact car details. He had two white stripes, but I don't think it was one of the shelby mustangs. I wasn't planning to race him at all. He didn't rev his engine at the light or do anything to let me know he planned to take off.

Normally when driving I short shift on first. I baby the car and usually just blow off cars that aren't worth my time. He waits until right when I shift into second and takes off. I'm only at like 1,500 rpm, obviously I have no power at all.

I decided to floor it anyway. It is so embarassing to floor it low into second. Anway, by this point he has 2 cars on me since I had no clue he was going to do that. By the end of second I am coming up fast on him. I hit third and am about to fly past when he pulls over and hits the brake like he ran me good. I hate that. I have realized that despite the start though a lot of cars lose the long term.

I really hope I run into this guy again so I can throw down $500 and see if he still thinks he easily took 2 car lengths on me. In this area he will be talking **** all week. I'm sure I'll have to hear about it now from someone I know. It seems like most mustang owners are like that. There are good ones, but a lot of them will only take an easy win.
First off there are always people like this.

Second on Mustangs taking easy wins, I hate say this Cobalts take more easy wins than any other "perfomance" car out on the street, atleast around here. All I read on this forum is beating STOCK Mustang GTs, a few STOCK LS1s, and every thing else is well REALLY slow (Civic, WRX, ect). I dont hear any one bragging about beating 03/04 Cobras, C5/C6 Corvettes,C5 Z06s, ect. Go on a Mustang board and read the kills we have. Im not talking 03 Cobras posting kills, Im talking cars like mine, GTs, Mach 1s, and older Cobras posting kills. I personally have beat 3 C5 Corvettes, 4 C6s, and numerous bolt-on LS1 Trans Ams and Camros to list a few.

Just to prove a point how about the Blue SS/SC I posted about that tried racing me, then backed out because he found out I had a blower. He tried racing me because he thought I was an easy kill then found out I wasnt and backed out like a little bitch. There are two others that have done this to me recently.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 PM

As much as I hate to say it yeah SS S/C owners around here won't mess with their same car! I know of a laser blue and another vic red SS S/C in my immediate area and they see me and avoid me on purpose. They are both stock and I've heard them talk smack about what they beat but when they see SS BOOST coming they ALWAYS turn off. Makes me so mad!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM

my friend has a 1999 v-6 stang..he thinks he can "keep up" with my stg2 ss/sc, my friends 350z and another friends WRX

i say to him steve.."my 95 monte carlo LS beat you"
he clames he did not try..
Old 03-26-2007, 06:52 PM

the thing with people like that is if I had hit it from the start, he likely would have just backed off like he didn't intend to go. Now, I'm not a drag person at all. I like the street. It isn't a poor list of cars when you get to the higher speeds on the highway. Other than a GTO and Corvette I haven't had anything pull away from me at longer distances. Unless it had 500+hp there aren't many cars that I wouldn't put money against 0-150.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

I really hope I run into this guy again so I can throw down $500 and see if he still thinks he easily took 2 car lengths on me.
In this area he will be talking **** all week. I'm sure I'll have to hear about it now from someone I know. It seems like most mustang owners are like that. There are good ones, but a lot of them will only take an easy win.

, if you can afford to throw down 500 for a race you shouldnt be driving a cobalt , maybe youve lost so many bets , that thats the reason your driving one , people like you make me laugh

Well, he said:

the only reason i think its bad is bc EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER , knows mustangs to be "fast" , and you all know what im talking about , its the sheer fact that a)mustangs ARE EVERYWHERE -more than civics if you can believe it, and b) there cheap , people once again THINK there fast as hell SO .... they buy one thinking its hot **** , wanting to race everyone , they have never been to a car meet or show , dont know how to really race , and all they do is look like dousche bags

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 03-26-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
i like how everytime someone races a mustang it turns into a great debate on how the mustang is superior to the cobalt.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM

^^Every time a Cobalt races a Mustang, God kills a kitten.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM

i like how everytime someone races a mustang it turns into a great debate on how the mustang is superior to the cobalt.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM

^^Double post? You liked it last page too.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:52 PM

the thing with people like that is if I had hit it from the start, he likely would have just backed off like he didn't intend to go. Now, I'm not a drag person at all. I like the street. It isn't a poor list of cars when you get to the higher speeds on the highway. Other than a GTO and Corvette I haven't had anything pull away from me at longer distances. Unless it had 500+hp there aren't many cars that I wouldn't put money against 0-150.
First no one should race to 150 on the street unless you can get there DAMN FAST! Really if you got some one pulling on you up to 100 the race is over. On the street Ill race to 110-115mph max.

So you’re saying a car has to have 500hp to beat your car up top? I hope not because I’m not making anywhere close to 500hp and Id embarrass you from a roll very badly. Also unless the Corvette and GTO that pulled you were heavily modded or the Corvette was a C6 Z06 they didn’t have 500hp either. I don’t think you understand how much 500hp is in a 3400-3800lb car. That would get my car (3440lbs w/ me) into the mid to low 11s. Now last time I checked there weren’t that many, if any Cobalts in that territory yet. I have seen/ heard of a few in the mid-high 12s but that isn’t even that often. Now I’m not trying to be a dick here but why don’t you go race an SS Camaro or Tans Am and post the outcome, hell even race a bolt-on GT and any of those cars will pull you.

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
It has nothing about the mustang being "superior". It has to do with the fact that some many people talk trash about them but then brag how they can beat them and they are easy kills. Well if the Mustang isnt that hard to beat and everyone can beat them how come they are what 99.9% of the kills are on this forum also I never hear about anyone beating a modified one, except maybe exhaut and intake. Why is that? And when some one on here says that Mustangs only take the easy kills is a joke when I never hear any other fast car being beat on this forum. Well I have list a mile long of Mustangs that have beat anything from Vipers to Lamborghinis and even sport bikes. Saying we take easy kills is any thing further from the truth.

I will admit the 05+ Mustangs are driven by people that wanted to hop on the band wagon and drive the next hot car. Thats why you see so many older guys driving them or people who dont want/know how to race them.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 03-26-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-26-2007, 08:01 PM

What I'm saying is no roll. Starting from an on ramp at 0-150mph, which I have done many times... I will gladly put up the money if you wish to "easily take it." Anyone can brag about the quarter mile. That extra weight kills any car over 100mph. You need the extra hp to pull out the speed. The cobalt is light enough to still gain nice. Like I said no online **** talk. pm me we can work it out if you want to argue the point. I think it should be that way with anyone. don't talk **** just show up. just like I said with the mustang guy today. I wish I would find him again with some cash. It isn't about sounding cool to me.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 PM

i think he was not talking about stangs that are driven by the average owner not the barley/not street legal stangs that run 10's
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 PM

sorry bout the double post my lovely direc way is being stupid. worst money i've ever spent.... so if i race a mustang god will kill a kitty? bastard!

Well I have list a mile long of Mustangs that have beat anything from Vipers to Lamborghinis and even sport bikes. Saying we take easy kills is any thing further from the truth.
this isn't the norm though. I'm not meaning to be disrespectful but of the millions of mustangs on the road how many are legitamate badass's? In some area's yeah most of them but you have to figure every college punk, or wanna be that has a mustang out messing with kids in cobalts, honda's or other compacts, with a stock gt. My 240SX thumped the hell outta Gt's now if the gt had 2000 worth of mods I would hope it beats me. I'm not trying to fight with you, it just seems everytime i see a post about a mustang getting beat it turns into a free for all. just my observation.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 PM

I dont know why people have to argue and argue about what is a better car. Can't you just accept that some cars are faster than yours and some are slower? Some have good drivers and some don't. I also hate how people bitch when they lose... you raced, you lost, tough luck. Either put up or shut up. And when you win, please take it graciously no need to brag and talk about how you "raped a 'stang" or some **** like that. It's always nice to share/hear about a kill, so just have fun with it. Isn't that what it's all about?

Sorry about the rant, im just tired of reading posts where guys are just bitching back and forth at each other.

Quick Reply: I hate mustang drivers