War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I hate mustang drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by liolixli
I thought it was a bigger weight different my mistake. That is normal for me on the highway it is why I got the car. Don't care if it bothers people. It is a street car and I have fun with it there. I have never seen the fast and furious movie. I'm 26 if you looked up any other thread. I clearly said it wasn't about sounding cool. I said enough of the talking. My original comment was some guy took off on me when I wasn't even trying to race him. It wasn't about whine I got beat racing.

If you still want to talk about it like I said put up some money or shut up. It isn't purely 0-150, but a straight away of like 2 miles. All I'm saying is I have confidence not many cars will beat me on a longer run. The cobalt performs very well on longer drives and open roads. You want a roll because that again gives you the short track to work with. If you want to keep talking like a kid yourself go ahead. I'm done with this thread.

Trolling is about taking the thread from the original point, which it is well away from and causing trouble. I think that is clear. The only reason this other point got brought up was the comment that surely I was way behind. No **** because I never hit the gas until he was up there because I wasn't racing. Stop making excuses if you want to talk **** come out and you will have a nice story. There are no police and no traffic on the straight at night. You have no excuse.

Either way, I wouldn't be saying this if you didn't go off topic and offend me with your I'll beat you easy ****. Please come prove it if you want to say that. I admit openly that you likely have the quarter mile so I named my perfered race.
what does this guy have a cobra? if so, u do sound like a ricer... you're not touching a cobra. not in the 1/4, not from a roll, and most definitly not from 100-150mph.. go read another honda tuning mag.. you obviously forgot that you dont have vtec.

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Now now, "Bring us you tired, your hungry, your mustang drivers", remember?
LMAO

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-27-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614

if he owns a cobalt, he is no troll. he deserves to be here just as much as you do. plus he is a contributing member.
i hate trolls just as much as the next guy, but blaine stang isn't one of them.
Hey. I gave him a +15 to charisma!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
what does this guy have a cobra? if so, u do sound like a ricer... you're not touching a cobra. not in the 1/4, not from a roll, and most definitly not from 100-150mph.. go read another honda tuning mag.. you obviously forgot that you dont have vtec.
04YellowGT has a low-12-second Supercharged GT, so your comments still apply.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 AM

Hey now, can't we all just get along!? I mean seriously no matter how fast you are, someone will always be faster! Just depends on how deep your pockets are.........Lets take me for example, i'm poor folk so i drive a slow ass cobalt. I've excepted the fact that there are alot of the cars out there could walk mine, but you know what i love the lil guy and thats all that matters...........

P.S. I'm jus here for the gang-bang
Old 03-27-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by VeNNy06SS/SC
P.S. I'm jus here for the gang-bang
that was my favorite part in old school. when luke wilson answers the door.. and that guy says " Hey, I'm here for the GANG BANG"

i changed my signature just to **** off these trolls. haha take that (internet pimpslap)

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-27-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM

I thought it was a bigger weight different my mistake. That is normal for me on the highway it is why I got the car. Don't care if it bothers people. It is a street car and I have fun with it there. I have never seen the fast and furious movie. I'm 26 if you looked up any other thread. I clearly said it wasn't about sounding cool. I said enough of the talking. My original comment was some guy took off on me when I wasn't even trying to race him. It wasn't about whine I got beat racing.

If you still want to talk about it like I said put up some money or shut up. It isn't purely 0-150, but a straight away of like 2 miles. All I'm saying is I have confidence not many cars will beat me on a longer run. The cobalt performs very well on longer drives and open roads. You want a roll because that again gives you the short track to work with. If you want to keep talking like a kid yourself go ahead. I'm done with this thread.

Trolling is about taking the thread from the original point, which it is well away from and causing trouble. I think that is clear. The only reason this other point got brought up was the comment that surely I was way behind. No **** because I never hit the gas until he was up there because I wasn't racing. Stop making excuses if you want to talk **** come out and you will have a nice story. There are no police and no traffic on the straight at night. You have no excuse.

Either way, I wouldn't be saying this if you didn't go off topic and offend me with your I'll beat you easy ****. Please come prove it if you want to say that. I admit openly that you likely have the quarter mile so I named my perfered race.
im not the center of your argument but ill race you with those stipulations... ill bring my stang.. u bring the ss/sc ... stang is not supercharged.. just all motor
Old 03-27-2007, 01:24 PM

Like Ive said in a previous thread Im on all kinds of forums, mustang, LS1, Corvette, SVT/Cobra, all the SRT froums, and this one. I get on these forums to see what competition I have and what I need to watch out for. I think why alot of people dont like other cars on a specific car forum is because we're not affraid to call BS on a race. Im not saying you couldn't/ didn't beat the guy. Mustangs arent invincible we lose just like any other car. Yes any V6 Stang is slow, a 99-04 GT is a good run, and I think a 05+ GT with a good driver would win even aginst a mildly modded SS/SC. Yes there are alot of ******** Mustang drivers and I know a few myself. I dont come on here to try starting **** I come on here to inform people about a car from a real owners point of view. People post bogus kills on the internet all the time and then alot of people want to go out and try to beat that car or just start spreading the word that X car isnt fast. Well I here to tell you that a stock 99-04 GT isn't the fastest car but with just a few bolt-ons they can get into the mid 13s very easily and if you add boost to it itll get real ugly real quick.

My main point was that some kid posts and says Mustangs take the easy kills when Ive had 3 Cobalts talk **** or try to race me and then back down after Ive called them out or gave them a taste of what I have. Ive been racing this car for 2 yeas now and Ive NEVER had a car owner back down after he started the race.

And to the kid that really thinks he can still beat me get a clue. Go on any forum and ask if you could beat a Vortech supercharged Mustang from 0-150mph, trust me they'll all tell you the same thing. Even the Cobalt drivers on this from know that I would hand you your ass up to any speed. Accept it, just like I know there a numerous cars that can had me my ass at any speed, I know my place in the food chain and I dont think you know yours. Your car is not a top end beast, you bought a Cobalt not a Lamborghini, the Cobalt was made to be a light weight car that was fast and could compete with the SRT4 not a car that can do 200+mph runs.

Plus I still dont get why you feel like you have a better car just because you can beat some one past 100mph, no one cares simple as that.

To everyone Mustangs do get beat, Ive have heard of and seen numerous 99-04 Mustang GTs get beat around where I live by stock and modified Cobalt SS/SCs.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Like Ive said in a previous thread Im on all kinds of forums, mustang, LS1, Corvette, SVT/Cobra, all the SRT froums, and this one. I get on these forums to see what competition I have and what I need to watch out for. I think why alot of people dont like other cars on a specific car forum is because we're not affraid to call BS on a race. Im not saying you couldn't/ didn't beat the guy. Mustangs arent invincible we lose just like any other car. Yes any V6 Stang is slow, a 99-04 GT is a good run, and I think a 05+ GT with a good driver would win even aginst a mildly modded SS/SC. Yes there are alot of ******** Mustang drivers and I know a few myself. I dont come on here to try starting **** I come on here to inform people about a car from a real owners point of view. People post bogus kills on the internet all the time and then alot of people want to go out and try to beat that car or just start spreading the word that X car isnt fast. Well I here to tell you that a stock 99-04 GT isn't the fastest car but with just a few bolt-ons they can get into the mid 13s very easily and if you add boost to it itll get real ugly real quick.

My main point was that some kid posts and says Mustangs take the easy kills when Ive had 3 Cobalts talk **** or try to race me and then back down after Ive called them out or gave them a taste of what I have. Ive been racing this car for 2 yeas now and Ive NEVER had a car owner back down after he started the race.

And to the kid that really thinks he can still beat me get a clue. Go on any forum and ask if you could beat a Vortech supercharged Mustang from 0-150mph, trust me they'll all tell you the same thing. Even the Cobalt drivers on this from know that I would hand you your ass up to any speed. Accept it, just like I know there a numerous cars that can had me my ass at any speed, I know my place in the food chain and I dont think you know yours. Your car is not a top end beast, you bought a Cobalt not a Lamborghini, the Cobalt was made to be a light weight car that was fast and could compete with the SRT4 not a car that can do 200+mph runs.

Plus I still dont get why you feel like you have a better car just because you can beat some one past 100mph, no one cares simple as that.

To everyone Mustangs do get beat, Ive have heard of and seen numerous 99-04 Mustang GTs get beat around where I live by stock and modified Cobalt SS/SCs.
I agree with most of what you say. You DO have a nice fast car, and can probably stomp almost every cobalt driving now.
But he wasn't posting about racing YOU. You wouldn't have pulled a cheap ass stunt like that. I'm sure when you race someone, you make it legit as much for yourself as for them.
There are ALOT of mustang drivers who grossly overestimate their place in the food chain, simply because of the name on their car.
Obviously we have that too. IF we didn't have that problem, it would be because the name of this website was malibuss.net. (Scratch that, those malibus are speedy fu$%ers now, you'd have that problem there too)
Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 PM

I have a mustang 5.0HO in my Cougar. Not all mustang drivers are ********.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltcruisin
I have a mustang 5.0HO in my Cougar. Not all mustang drivers are ********.
my dad had that car too. i think it was a 99 XR-7. the first car i ever drove with a little bit of *****. i loved that thing.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I agree with most of what you say. You DO have a nice fast car, and can probably stomp almost every cobalt driving now.
But he wasn't posting about racing YOU. You wouldn't have pulled a cheap ass stunt like that. I'm sure when you race someone, you make it legit as much for yourself as for them.
There are ALOT of mustang drivers who grossly overestimate their place in the food chain, simply because of the name on their car.
Obviously we have that too. IF we didn't have that problem, it would be because the name of this website was malibuss.net. (Scratch that, those malibus are speedy fu$%ers now, you'd have that problem there too)
You are absolutely right he wasn’t racing me. But when he said the Mustangs take easy kills I think that is a shady statement. MANY MANY MANY Mustang drivers do think they reign supreme, even over other Mustang drivers. lol Like I said there is no doubt in my mind the guy he raced was an ass hat for doing that. My point was about the easy kill deal, that and the kid that said he could beat me from 0-150mph lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I said I was done with this thread, but there is just too much that keeps going. You prove my point though. I never said I would beat you. All I said is if you want to talk come out. Just like I said though you are trying to take an easy win talking online instead of coming out. I don't care if you beat me or not it is about being a man and not hiding behind your computer yellowgt. Acid, see you were respectful saying what you did. I wasn't saying screw everyone I'll beat them all. I just don't like his attitude. He is still calling me kid, but I would love to see him say that to my face. That is what I get sick of on here.

I don't hide on here nor do I think I'm the best at anything. I just love to drive fast off the track. Anyone is always welcome to get ahold of me and run your car with me. Money only comes into it when someone is being an ass. That is why I like that scenario. It is more about driving skill than power when you throw in bends and distance.

You aren't trying to take the easy talk **** online win though? Any other members on here what if I say come out and get $500 for free just drive here? You would show up to pick it up right? What is your problem then? Stop calling me kid and talking up your car and be a man. Like I said in the start… Not all mustang drivers are bad, but you definitely show the cheapness and femininity that I said pisses me off.

BTW might as well lock this one up. There is no need for further discussion. None of this has anything to do with the point of cheap drivers like him. I was just venting from the situation. If you have anything further to say do it in person. There is no need to continue this thread. That again is the problem with you mustang guys. It isn't all about you. It was about a situation that you hijacked to talking about your car is the **** and these other guys have this and that. You honestly can't see that past your ego?

Last edited by liolixli; 03-27-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM

I said I was done with this thread, but there is just too much that keeps going. You prove my point though. I never said I would beat you. All I said is if you want to talk come out. Just like I said though you are trying to take an easy win talking online instead of coming out. I don't care if you beat me or not it is about being a man and not hiding behind your computer yellowgt. Acid, see you were respectful saying what you did. I wasn't saying screw everyone I'll beat them all. I just don't like his attitude. He is still calling me kid, but I would love to see him say that to my face. That is what I get sick of on here.

I don't hide on here nor do I think I'm the best at anything. I just love to drive fast off the track. Anyone is always welcome to get ahold of me and run your car with me. Money only comes into it when someone is being an ass. That is why I like that scenario. It is more about driving skill than power when you throw in bends and distance.

You aren't trying to take the easy talk **** online win though? Any other members on here what if I say come out and get $500 for free just drive here? You would show up to pick it up right? What is your problem then? Stop calling me kid and talking up your car and be a man. Like I said in the start… Not all mustang drivers are bad, but you definitely show the cheapness and femininity that I said pisses me off.

BTW might as well lock this one up. There is no need for further discussion. None of this has anything to do with the point of cheap drivers like him. I was just venting from the situation. If you have anything further to say do it in person. There is no need to continue this thread. That again is the problem with you mustang guys. It isn't all about you. It was about a situation that you hijacked to talking about your car is the **** and these other guys have this and that. You honestly can't see that past your ego?

So I’m supposed to drive all the way to Pennsylvania to prove you wrong. You’re the one talking **** here to a car that is faster than you and that lives all the way in Indiana. I would love to come down there and take your money and the only reason I wouldn’t is because I know if I did you wouldn’t show up or you wouldn’t pay up, either way I’m out the time and money driving down there to prove some punk wrong. The one talking behind his computer is the guy (see didn’t say kid, happy now) with a slower car. I bet you haven’t been to a track in you life, you just talk **** and have nothing to back it up , except for maybe a dyno graph. You’re an internet racer and that’s all.

Your also changing your story before you would beat me 0-150 now you may not and now you're throwing in bends is this 0-150 straight line or are we on a track now? Plus I dont know about you but Im not going to be taking turns at 1XX+mph.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:01 PM

I said highway from the start. There are going to be some bends. I have confidence with my car since I have taken them many times at 100+. The money was never in question. I'm not like that. Could have even put it in a neutral paypal, but that is my point. You are looking for any excuse.

If you read back the 0-150 comment started way before you; you interjected into that statement involving yourself. First by saying you put on your breaks because you are usually so far ahead by 80 then by talking about taking on the 0-150, which my point was being ahead at first doesn't matter in real driving scenarios. It had nothing to do with you nor did any comment you threw yourself in the middle of.

In fact, this was never about racing. The post is about how mustang drivers try to turn it all into a race at inappropriate times. Like me pulling up and him taking off after 20 feet. Just like you saying “I would be ahead. I would beat you. I would take you on.”

My car is awesome. Ok… but, I don’t drive fast on bends. I don’t drive over 100. I would race if… I would show you up but… It is a street car that is what they do. If yours doesn’t then maybe it should stay off the road. You call me the punk? I haven’t made an excuse or boast yet. There are no claims anywhere that I’m going to beat anyone. All I say if give it a fair race before you talk ****. Just like him… just like you.

Notice the difference though. My post is about and relating to the actual topic.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
mustang drivers like to pertend they cannot be beaten by anyone, anywhere. so when a 4 banger shows them up they like to say they "let off" or "missed a gear" some stupid **** like that.
right and the recent thread of people bashing a stage 2 ss owner for losing to a low 13 sec srt-10 ram, an evo, and an sr20det 240sx doesn't show that half the people here are exactly the same way? My evalution = half of the people that race on the street are idiot cocky *****.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 PM

I said highway from the start. There are going to be some bends. I have confidence with my car since I have taken them many times at 100+. The money was never in question. I'm not like that. Could have even put it in a neutral paypal, but that is my point. You are looking for any excuse.

If you read back the 0-150 comment started way before you; you interjected into that statement involving yourself. First by saying you put on your breaks because you are usually so far ahead by 80 then by talking about taking on the 0-150, which my point was being ahead at first doesn't matter in real driving scenarios. It had nothing to do with you nor did any comment you threw yourself in the middle of.

In fact, this was never about racing. The post is about how mustang drivers try to turn it all into a race at inappropriate times. Like me pulling up and him taking off after 20 feet. Just like you saying “I would be ahead. I would beat you. I would take you on.”

My car is awesome. Ok… but, I don’t drive fast on bends. I don’t drive over 100. I would race if… I would show you up but… It is a street car that is what they do. If yours doesn’t then maybe it should stay off the road. You call me the punk? I haven’t made an excuse or boast yet. There are no claims anywhere that I’m going to beat anyone. All I say if give it a fair race before you talk ****. Just like him… just like you.

Notice the difference though. My post is about and relating to the actual topic.
I said that the Mustang driver was an ass hat that tried racing you; it sucks but **** like that happens. What about the 3 Cobalts that tried racing me then backed down like bitches after they found out what I had? What pissed me off was saying Mustangs take easy kills. I’ve seen Mustangs kill cars even bikes you wouldn't even dream about beating.

As far as 0-150 what you said is it would take a 500hp car to beat you and I said you were wrong, that my car didn't have 500hp and that I could/would beat you. A 500hp car would chew you up and spit you out, it would lay a beating on you so bad that you wouldn’t even know what hit you, hell a 400hp car would too. Like I said it’s easy to talk **** to someone, you know isn't going to drive to meet you. No you haven’t made an excuse but you also don’t have any proof of what your car can do, and all you can do is talk **** to car that’s faster than you. “Well I drive 150mph on the road so I’m badass,” no you are a *******. There was a kid on here talking about racing at 120mph and people were giving him tons of **** and here you are racing at 150mph.

Sorry I don’t think risking my life to go 150mph on the street is worth it, so you can “make fun” of me for not be a risking my life and anybody on the road’s life too. I race where the big boys race and that’s on the track, I can back up everything I say my car can do with time slip. No one cares what you beat on the street or how fast you drive; you have seriously been watching “The Fast and The Furious” WAY too much. Anybody that considers themselves a true racer will at least go to the track once to see what there car can do and I don’t want to here the excuse the closest track is so far away. I drive anywhere from 1-3 hours one way at least twice a month to race my car at a drag strip.

Tell me; have you ever been to a ź mile track, do you have a slip to prove it? I’m guessing not. You’re a stupid ass street racer that has made the laws so strict for us real racers who like to have fun on the street once in awhile. Keep talking **** if it make you feel better, I don’t care but having the same excuse, “you won’t drive all the way to Pennsylvania so you’re a *****” is kind of getting old.

To everyone else believe it or not I’m not an *******. I’ll call some one out if they talk **** and/or just don’t know what the hell they’re talking about. I like all cars as long as they’re fast and look good. What I don’t like is somebody thinking their car is the baddest thing on the streets and this guy saying it would take a 500hp car to beat him is one of those people. I hang out with all different kind of car owners and I respect what they have, some are fast some aren’t but they all know where there car stands. I’ll give more respect to a guy with a slow car who knows where his car stands than a guy with a faster car who thinks they’re the king of the streets.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Track only people have a way of being elitist. You are right I haven't been to one yet since I have only had the car a year and haven't had time. Honestly though I am all about driving under real conditions. I don't care if people agree or not. It isn't about "racing." I just love to go out and max out my car just for the hell of it. I love hitting bends on the highway at 130 and starting out on a given street with no controled conditions. That is driving to me. It isn't about which it better. That is just what I enjoy. I give you though that there is a fine line between stupid and safe there. It isn't for everyone, but I have been doing that the last 10 years. You try to turn it into something it isn't. It isn't about being cool at all. It is about enjoying the car. Obviously most people have no respect for that. I don't bring it up to sound badass or cool.

I don't care if it gets old. It is still the point. Don't bring up what you would do if it isn't what you will do. Also, my gtx is 400+hp. That doesn't mean it eats up my cobalt. I was just pushing the point either way. I don't know what the charger had. The point was those kind of cars eat me alive on the road. Not too different from your point, but the smaller stuff I usually pass easily on the open road. Again, not because I'm so cool... just because that is how it is and has been.

I don't ever put other people at risk on the road though. I personally don't care if I kill myself in the car, but I never cut off cars or risk any sliding or fishtailing near other traffic or people. I think that is something that will always hold a lot of drivers apart though. To me going out and risking your life is fun. it is what makes it exciting pushing the limit. When everything is completely controled and the margin of driver error is huge it boring.

There is no way to ever see eye to eye on that issue. It isn't about movies. We have been driving like this for over a decade way before that hollywood crap. I wish that and stupid drivers didn't make people like me have a harder time either.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Track only people have a way of being elitist. You are right I haven't been to one yet since I have only had the car a year and haven't had time. Honestly though I am all about driving under real conditions. I don't care if people agree or not. It isn't about "racing." I just love to go out and max out my car just for the hell of it. I love hitting bends on the highway at 130 and starting out on a given street with no controled conditions. That is driving to me. It isn't about which it better. That is just what I enjoy. I give you though that there is a fine line between stupid and safe there. It isn't for everyone, but I have been doing that the last 10 years. You try to turn it into something it isn't. It isn't about being cool at all. It is about enjoying the car. Obviously most people have no respect for that. I don't bring it up to sound badass or cool.

I don't care if it gets old. It is still the point. Don't bring up what you would do if it isn't what you will do. Also, my gtx is 400+hp. That doesn't mean it eats up my cobalt. I was just pushing the point either way. I don't know what the charger had. The point was those kind of cars eat me alive on the road. Not too different from your point, but the smaller stuff I usually pass easily on the open road. Again, not because I'm so cool... just because that is how it is and has been.

I don't ever put other people at risk on the road though. I personally don't care if I kill myself in the car, but I never cut off cars or risk any sliding or fishtailing near other traffic or people. I think that is something that will always hold a lot of drivers apart though. To me going out and risking your life is fun. it is what makes it exciting pushing the limit. When everything is completely controled and the margin of driver error is huge it boring.

There is no way to ever see eye to eye on that issue. It isn't about movies. We have been driving like this for over a decade way before that hollywood crap. I wish that and stupid drivers didn't make people like me have a harder time either.
Driving 5-6hrs one way is not worth proving a point anyone on here knows what the outcome would be. Its not like I live a hour away and Im making excuses. I have shown what my car can do time and time agin at the track and on the street so thats enough for me. Why don't you make the trip down here and prove ME wrong then?

Well all I can say is I feel sorry for you and your loved ones because one day, driving the way you say you do, you will kill your self or someone on the road. I dont care if its an empty road it takes one car to pull out from a side road or an off ramp. If you want to drive like that then go to a road course not an on highway where innocent people are diving on. Obviously you have never lost anyone in a car accident and trust me you dont want to. Its dangerous enough driving on the road today with stupid ass drivers not paying attention and people like you make it worse.

I'm not saying I'm a saint at racing but I DO NOT drive that fast or drive at high speeds for long periods of time. When I do, its on a straight, flat, empty road and its a quick burst and back down to the speed limit.