War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

I raced my buddy's GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Good point. No cobalt I've ever ran into was worth the gas. Even one with nitrous.
But it is worth making over 200 posts on a coblt website about???

Not trying to be a dick here and i really think this is a legit question...
How is this guy NOT considered a troll?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
GTO's are slow
But they make a lot of noise and smell like pure gasoline.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
...Just like their owners.
Childish, i know... but a good burn none-the-less!

+1 rep for me? anyone? anyone?

Last edited by BallsoutBalt; 10-08-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Board
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Some of the good things about them. If only pontiac hadn't bastardized them and let them look like the holden version.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
...Just like their owners.
Childish, i know... but a good burn none-the-less!

+1 rep for me? anyone? anyone?
That was funny! I tried to REP you but I have to spread it around.

"I'm gonna have to be honest with you. That smells like Pure Gasoline."

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Some of the good things about them. If only pontiac hadn't bastardized them and let them look like the holden version.
They did a lot of things to make them cheaper. I wish I had the Automatic Digital Climate Controls, a Door lock button (not on 04-05), and the center-stack guages. But also glad that it was not as expensive as it's counterpart.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-08-2007 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
then why race at all.

magazine racing is the only truth then isnt it.
because if it doesnt follow the numbers then its a fluke.

get back on the bench.
thats where your best racing is.

I assure you I have spent more time on the track than you have sir better yet 90% of the people here.

I don't give a **** if I can only muster a 13.13 and could maybe squeeze a 12.89 out of here if I only made 3 more passes. I had my fun in my F-Bodies I don't need to go beat the **** out of my GTO to know what it can do.

By the way when the hell is it magazine racing to say it takes X HP to beat a stock GTO?

Thats called facts *******.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM

your not racing a car you are racing a driver, it doesn't matter if you have 700hp and can't drive your not goona do good. So stop with all this it takes x amount of hp to beat a gto becuase it doesn't.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

So basically LIKE I ******* SAID THE FIRST TIME.

If you don't have the HP to beat a car and do it is because the other guy fucked up.

Quit trying to make yourself look right and me wrong.

I said that well before you did.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by codyss
I assure you I have spent more time on the track than you have sir better yet 90% of the people here.

I don't give a **** if I can only muster a 13.13 and could maybe squeeze a 12.89 out of here if I only made 3 more passes. I had my fun in my F-Bodies I don't need to go beat the **** out of my GTO to know what it can do.

By the way when the hell is it magazine racing to say it takes X HP to beat a stock GTO?

Thats called facts *******.
Because every time a Cobalt claims to beat a GTO, the GTO guys bring up the #'s and pull out the ol "Must of been a really bad driver" card. Swear to God that must be the credo you all live by.

And for you to say that you have spent more time at the track that 90% of the people on here is extremly arrogant. You are either really old or really stupid... But I wont judge.

PS... 14 pages on our way to completeing the master plan!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Cobalts only have 4 cylinders bro, they can't be fast. Stop defending the econo-box boy racer car.
im sure i can rattle off some names, and cars that will make your little goat look like a bitch.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Area47
im sure i can rattle off some names, and cars that will make your little goat look like a bitch.
like 40% of modified dsm's lol
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by cakeeater
like 40% of modified dsm's lol
yepo!

i love how some people have this closed minded mentality that a 4 cylinder car can not be fast. there is 4 cylinder cars running 7 sec quarter miles, thats not fast? come on now.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned

All of the ricer DSM's would be crushed by the modded small block GM's so this could go on for ever.

Why even say you know of cars that would crush my GTO? It is a stock GTO that runs low 13's high 12's anything faster running 12.9 or better would be faster.

Wow I am so offended.

And the time at the track statement wasn't meant to be egotistical but the most of the people talking **** to me are just spectators spewing ****.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Rent me! per hour

All of the ricer DSM's would be crushed by the modded small block GM's so this could go on for ever.

Why even say you know of cars that would crush my GTO? It is a stock GTO that runs low 13's high 12's anything faster running 12.9 or better would be faster.

Wow I am so offended.

And the time at the track statement wasn't meant to be egotistical but the most of the people talking **** to me are just spectators spewing ****.
hey asshat, see who i quoted before you get offended at something that wasn't directed at you.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

I wasn't replying to your post.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Wow I am so offended.

well since slow sho quoted a statement about MODDED cobalts beating a gto's at the track and said they must have been bad drivers, i think it is very appropriate to talk about modified cars.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Well the same factors that lead to 14 second LS2's and 15 second SS/SC's lead to skewed spectator opinions.

Although it all goes back to what I said before. It's pretty clear how much power it takes for a SRT-4 oe SS/SC to beat a LS1 GTO or LS2 GTO. 9 out of 10 people that post a win don't have what it really takes.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Well the same factors that lead to 14 second LS2's and 15 second SS/SC's lead to skewed spectator opinions.

Although it all goes back to what I said before. It's pretty clear how much power it takes for a SRT-4 oe SS/SC to beat a LS1 GTO or LS2 GTO. 9 out of 10 people that post a win don't have what it really takes.
true, but he is acting like not modded cobalt could take down even a stock ls2. that is the ls_ god mentallity that pisses people off. i do agree tho that alot of posts on this site are total bull. i remember somebody from MF linked to a thread here like a year or two ago where someone was talking about how he could take out gallardo's from a roll because h had stage 2. LOL. somebody please find that thread!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:22 PM

^ Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cakeeater
true, but he is acting like not modded cobalt could take down even a stock ls2. that is the ls_ god mentallity that pisses people off. i do agree tho that alot of posts on this site are total bull. i remember somebody from MF linked to a thread here like a year or two ago where someone was talking about how he could take out gallardo's from a roll because h had stage 2. LOL. somebody please find that thread!
Cobalts are not fast! I saw a stage 2 car lose to a stock Nissan Sentra SE-R at the track.

Sentra SE-R > Stage 2 SS/SC
Old 10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Rent me! per hour

it pains me to say this, but i do agree.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
it pains me to say this, but i do agree.
I also, but that is what racing is all about! Driver skill. If we all went by what the car should do then there would be no reason to race people. 90 percent of the fun of racing is racing something that should kick your ass, but beating it. This sis what the sport of racing is created on, and why all the cars are basically the same. It's about the driver, NOT the car.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

That is all part of racing but betaing some fanboy asshat who cannot drive his GTO or what ever isn't really a win worth posting.

That is why all of the hell breaks loose for the GTO vs SS/SC threads.

When you hand a fanboy his ass just feel good that you tought him a lesson don't go post a win on CSS.net
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM

That is all part of racing but betaing some fanboy asshat who cannot drive his GTO or what ever isn't really a win worth posting.

That is why all of the hell breaks loose for the GTO vs SS/SC threads.

When you hand a fanboy his ass just feel good that you tought him a lesson don't go post a win on CSS.net
HELL YA IT DOES! LOL. But why not post it? Nothing wrong with winning by default.

You have to understand man, we are only 4 cylinder cars, so any win we get... WE TAKE IT and are happy. No big deal right?
Think of it like this... You are a freshman in HS and a senior picks a fight with you, you throw the first punch and after you hit him he knocks his head on the groung and gets knocked out. Regardless of how you did it, you KNOCKED HIM THE **** OUT!!!!

I think everysingle person on here agrees that 99% of the time a GTO will pull a Cobalt... but let us have that 1% with out all your bitching, moaning and excuses please. I mean isn't there anything going on on the GTO forums that is even remotly exciting?!?!?!?
Basic message: If you are going to come on our site to play, play nice and STFU!
That is all.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

Not to be a dick but I was here long before you were. Take a peek at my gallery

Quick Reply: I raced my buddy's GTO