War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares if he has a bike that goes faster, specially a busa lol. hes an idiot for making that comment
Old 12-08-2008, 07:35 PM

The turbo SS is a bad-ass car, period.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
What ever you say buddy.

Why would I be mad you own a busa its a bike I could easily afford. Like I said I have more money into mods on my car that what you bike is worth.

I think its soo funny you talk all this **** like your Mr. Tough guy when your on a bike. Tell you what bring your car and lets see how much **** you talk then.

The best part is your stupid enough not to see why everyone thinks you're a tool for talking **** to a car owner.
well good for ur the ***** wht seat belts, walls roof yea my bike mite only b worth about 30k but hey i cnt afford to fix a ford everyday. u have more money n yet ur still slow awwww poor pos.

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
You seriously should grow up. Who the f*ck cares if you own a Busa, if you really do, I know plenty of cars that would beat the **** out of your Busa. And quit trying to bring a bike to a car race, its pretty pointless. I'm sure if everyone wanted to run under 10 seconds with ease than they would have bought a Busa, but when you do it with a car, you're 100 times more like to be appreciated.
10 sec on a bike yea easy 7 to 8 secs not so much ass hole u may know cars but u know jack bout busas. n if u dnt think thats hard how about very low 6's or is that to easy to? n u r no where n this conversion so y dnt u go somewhere else. u words dnt matter so **** off

Last edited by dmi motorsports; 12-08-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dmi motorsports
well good for ur the ***** wht seat belts, walls roof yea my bike mite only b worth about 30k but hey i cnt afford to fix a ford everyday. u have more money n yet ur still slow awwww poor pos.
HAHA Dude are you seriously retarded? I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

All I did get is that I'm supposedly slow. Yet if you had any clue about cars or racing in general you would know that a 10sec street car isn't exactly slow.

I still highly doubt you own a busa. I don't think you are smart enough to dive a tricycle let alone a litre bike.

10 sec on a bike yea easy 7 to 8 secs not so much ass hole u may know cars but u know jack bout busas. n if u dnt think thats hard how about very low 6's or is that to easy to? n u r no where n this conversion so y dnt u go somewhere else. u words dnt matter so **** off
Lets see some 6sec slips then. What does your bike(s) trap?

HAHA I just looked at your myspace for the first time and I've gotten your panties in such a bunch you changed your name just for me. What are you 12? My 5 year old cousin is more mature than you.

Not to mention you're talking **** to a STREET CAR with not only a bike but a DRAG BIKE . Yor bike isnt even a streetable. Seriously dude I've never met such a tool before in my life. LOL

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 12-08-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

so i raced a 04 Stang GT from a 40mph roll and beat it by 8 car lengths when i let of at 110 mph my balt is an 06 SS/SC Stage 2 with an Injen Intake, 2.8 Pulley, and the GMPP Tune...and a Magnaflow Muffler
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 AM

So when you go to an 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track they let you roll race? Didnt think so, I race at the track and only at the track, so yeah I'm racing from a dig and that's it.
That's because your track sucks. Look up Lonestar Motorsports Park. They hold roll races (60-130) for all of the "ricers" quite regularly. What's your excuse now?

P.S. John Hennessey owns the track. Hennessey, as in the guy that makes twin turbo Vipers, SRT everything else, and Ford GT's. The ricers in question are world record Vipers and Supras, along with all of the other 1000+whp 'Vettes, GT's, and whatever else that calls Houston home. Domestic guys that have more power than excuses love roll racing man. Get a clue.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by LS2guy
MustangForums = Mustang Fanboy Heaven and home of the fastest stock Mustangs evar!

S197's aren't running 13.1 stock plain and ******* simple and anyone who says otherwise is full of ****. LS1's run those times and stomp all over S197's without breaking a sweat get off the bullshit train and wake the **** up dreamer.

I mean come on just try to explain how a heavier S197 GT could match or better a Mach1? It's sad enough when people claim Mach1 = LS1 but saying a S197 will do the same or better is a damn joke.
A Mustang fanboy Heaven? Whatever you say man, with all the tens of thousands of members that have or have had Mustangs, and you're gonna tell me all of them are bullshitting their times? I hardly doubt it. The fastest stock S197 ever ran a 13.1, not all of them, just the fastest stock one that I know about. They average in the mid 13 range, you know, 13.5-13.6, while the Mach 1 is still a tad faster at around 13.3-13.4 stock on average. And yes a good driver in a Mach 1 will keep up with an LS1 Camaro or Trans Am and beat the LS1 GTO. You're just a GM nutswinger and just hear the word LS whatever and get upset whenever one gets beat.

OMG!!! Before you post one more f*cking sentence, please go read a dictionary or a 1st grade Spelling book, your grammar blows worse than a 2 year old toddler.

Originally Posted by 07SSYellow
so i raced a 04 Stang GT from a 40mph roll and beat it by 8 car lengths when i let of at 110 mph my balt is an 06 SS/SC Stage 2 with an Injen Intake, 2.8 Pulley, and the GMPP Tune...and a Magnaflow Muffler
Any GT before 2005 is only a 14 second car at the fastest, with the occasional 99-04 getting into the 13's, but from a roll, a stock SS/SC should be right with if not beating one. That's the main reason I got rid of my 01 GT, it wasnt nothing and I got it for cheap, but it was time to move on.

Originally Posted by AaronHHRSS
That's because your track sucks. Look up Lonestar Motorsports Park. They hold roll races (60-130) for all of the "ricers" quite regularly. What's your excuse now?

P.S. John Hennessey owns the track. Hennessey, as in the guy that makes twin turbo Vipers, SRT everything else, and Ford GT's. The ricers in question are world record Vipers and Supras, along with all of the other 1000+whp 'Vettes, GT's, and whatever else that calls Houston home. Domestic guys that have more power than excuses love roll racing man. Get a clue.
You truly are a damn ricer if you seriously believe that roll racing is better than drag racing, you know, from a "DIG" like a real race is supposed to be.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-09-2008 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM

A Mustang fanboy Heaven? Whatever you say man, with all the tens of thousands of members that have or have had Mustangs, and you're gonna tell me all of them are bullshitting their times? I hardly doubt it. The fastest stock S197 ever ran a 13.1, not all of them, just the fastest stock one that I know about. They average in the mid 13 range, you know, 13.5-13.6, while the Mach 1 is still a tad faster at around 13.3-13.4 stock on average. And yes a good driver in a Mach 1 will keep up with an LS1 Camaro or Trans Am and beat the LS1 GTO. You're just a GM nutswinger and just hear the word LS whatever and get upset whenever one gets beat.

1) No 100% stock S197 GT will run 13.1 and I will bet $1000 on that fact. You can't even **** up bad enough paper racing to make it look possible. Maybe you should do a little simple math so you can quit making yourself belive they can. Since 1998 everyone but Ford boys have understood what it really takes to make a 3400lbs car run low 13's. So how a heavier car with less power and smaller tires does the same must be magical.

2) Mach1's beyond the realm of Mustang Forums get walked by LS1 F-Bodies. It is a dead heat Mach1 vs LS1 GTO and even Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords called that one in there face off back in 2004. LS1 F-Bodies run on average what Mach1's do on there best runs not to mention the trap speed differences.

3) There is a difference between a nut swinger and someone like me who figured out starting with more is better. After owning a few Mustang GT's I know first hand what it takes just to keep up with 1998 GM tech. That and I prefer a car that can do more than go fast in a straight line. I put $1500 in my 2003 GT's suspension and a 1990 F-Body would still out handle it. The same holds true for the unbalanced S197 no matter what version or package you get.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by LS2guy
1) No 100% stock S197 GT will run 13.1 and I will bet $1000 on that fact. You can't even **** up bad enough paper racing to make it look possible. Maybe you should do a little simple math so you can quit making yourself belive they can. Since 1998 everyone but Ford boys have understood what it really takes to make a 3400lbs car run low 13's. So how a heavier car with less power and smaller tires does the same must be magical.

2) Mach1's beyond the realm of Mustang Forums get walked by LS1 F-Bodies. It is a dead heat Mach1 vs LS1 GTO and even Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords called that one in there face off back in 2004. LS1 F-Bodies run on average what Mach1's do on there best runs not to mention the trap speed differences.

3) There is a difference between a nut swinger and someone like me who figured out starting with more is better. After owning a few Mustang GT's I know first hand what it takes just to keep up with 1998 GM tech. That and I prefer a car that can do more than go fast in a straight line. I put $1500 in my 2003 GT's suspension and a 1990 F-Body would still out handle it. The same holds true for the unbalanced S197 no matter what version or package you get.
Just so you know, it has been proven a 100% fact that a stock S197 can and has ran a 13.1-13.2 stock, and just so you know, I did my research last night and found one of the guys who ran a 12.8 with just intake and tune on stock tires. And there is a night and day difference between the suspension of an 03 GT and an S197, you really dont know **** about Fords and Mustangs in general if you think all Mustangs suspensions suck and a Mach 1 or S197 cant run a 13.1 stock.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike85220
The turbo SS is a bad-ass car, period.
Amen!

And all this talk about a stock 13.1 S197 Mustang GT............not saying its not possible, but 99% of the time it's not going to happen. Those are not repeatable results, nor are they ANYWHERE near average. Even if you go over to the mustang forums and post that you ran that you may get ran off the site for being a liar. I drive a modded GT and even with mods and tune (making more power than most people with same mods on the Mustang forums) have yet to run 13.1. Different story on N2O though.

Most of the GTs I hang out with run 14.0 stock, and 13.3 modded. Maybe AZ is different, because as I say cars DO make less power here. And claiming 255/280 as stock numbers is NOT BS! Quit spreading lies about what you saw on forums. Post YOUR dynos so we can see what your car made stock if you think they make 280+rwhp stock.

We all look like idiots bickering back and forth, whether we are right or wrong. I'm not trying to provoke you, but just wanting you to post up some evidence about your case.

These Cobalts with my tune will run circles all day long around S197 mustangs that are still N/A and stock displacement. Only thing that is going to close the gap is a good set of gears after bolt on mods, and then it's going to be a hell of a race. But don't sit here and tell me I am going to beat a car that traps 110mph when my GT traps around 105mph. Thats a huge difference.

*This is being expressed from my experience, opinion and observation* Please feel free to provide your own.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Amen!

And all this talk about a stock 13.1 S197 Mustang GT............not saying its not possible, but 99% of the time it's not going to happen. Those are not repeatable results, nor are they ANYWHERE near average. Even if you go over to the mustang forums and post that you ran that you may get ran off the site for being a liar. I drive a modded GT and even with mods and tune (making more power than most people with same mods on the Mustang forums) have yet to run 13.1. Different story on N2O though.

Most of the GTs I hang out with run 14.0 stock, and 13.3 modded. Maybe AZ is different, because as I say cars DO make less power here. And claiming 255/280 as stock numbers is NOT BS! Quit spreading lies about what you saw on forums. Post YOUR dynos so we can see what your car made stock if you think they make 280+rwhp stock.

We all look like idiots bickering back and forth, whether we are right or wrong. I'm not trying to provoke you, but just wanting you to post up some evidence about your case.

These Cobalts with my tune will run circles all day long around S197 mustangs that are still N/A and stock displacement. Only thing that is going to close the gap is a good set of gears after bolt on mods, and then it's going to be a hell of a race. But don't sit here and tell me I am going to beat a car that traps 110mph when my GT traps around 105mph. Thats a huge difference.

*This is being expressed from my experience, opinion and observation* Please feel free to provide your own.
Like I said, I know of guys who live in AZ and race there too, and they all run around .5 seconds slower than most people in other areas because of the elevation. 14.0 stock is what 99-04 GT's were running with good drivers, and around here mid 13's are what good drivers are getting out of S197's. Like I said, I checked on a guy on the forums who ran a 12.8 in the 1/4 mile with just an intake and tune, on stock tires. And there are plenty running mid 12's with just a few bolt ons and DR's. 14.0 stock from an S197 is a disgrace and isnt accurate at all, maybe if you cant drive for **** or wasnt trying.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Like I said, I know of guys who live in AZ and race there too, and they all run around .5 seconds slower than most people in other areas because of the elevation. 14.0 stock is what 99-04 GT's were running with good drivers, and around here mid 13's are what good drivers are getting out of S197's. Like I said, I checked on a guy on the forums who ran a 12.8 in the 1/4 mile with just an intake and tune, on stock tires. And there are plenty running mid 12's with just a few bolt ons and DR's. 14.0 stock from an S197 is a disgrace and isnt accurate at all, maybe if you cant drive for **** or wasnt trying.
14.0 is a sad reality here in AZ, talking about Firebird Raceway and Speedworld. Not some cheap ass tracks. BOTH of these tracks were used in the TV show "Pinks" and Firebird is a huge NHRA track.

I WISH I could claim 12.8 with intake and tune, or **** with just the boltons and tune for that matter. I just don't see it happening. I'm not a pro driver so I know I leave some room to be desired, but I tend to be as good or better than the other Friday Night racers out here at the track.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 PM

I'm no mustang expert, but one of my friends has an 06 with intake, tune, catback and 4.1's and it runs 12.8's at 108 on some meaty streets That's at milan in michigan. I dont know how much more you can get out of bolt ons and i dont think he ran it stock but i thought i would just chime in on that.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Darwin
I'm no mustang expert, but one of my friends has an 06 with intake, tune, catback and 4.1's and it runs 12.8's at 108 on some meaty streets That's at milan in michigan. I dont know how much more you can get out of bolt ons and i dont think he ran it stock but i thought i would just chime in on that.
4.10s make a world of difference, so does the gas and temps in michigan.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Darwin
You ever see an LS2 GTO at Milan, I believe it's maroon?

4.10s make a world of difference, so does the gas and temps in michigan.
What does the gas in Michigan have to do with anything? It can get cold in alot of other places besides Michigan.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-09-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
HAHA Dude are you seriously retarded? I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

All I did get is that I'm supposedly slow. Yet if you had any clue about cars or racing in general you would know that a 10sec street car isn't exactly slow.

I still highly doubt you own a busa. I don't think you are smart enough to dive a tricycle let alone a litre bike.

Lets see some 6sec slips then. What does your bike(s) trap?

HAHA I just looked at your myspace for the first time and I've gotten your panties in such a bunch you changed your name just for me. What are you 12? My 5 year old cousin is more mature than you.

Not to mention you're talking **** to a STREET CAR with not only a bike but a DRAG BIKE . Yor bike isnt even a streetable. Seriously dude I've never met such a tool before in my life. LOL
look no matter wht i do ur still going to say **** n i tried to get u 2 *** to the track so u c first hand. n i would love to post slips but how no scanner. ill tray to take a pic of it but ull say u took a pic of someone elses slip.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM

What does the gas in Michigan have to do with anything? It can get cold in alot of other places besides Michigan.
don't they have better than 91 octane in michigan?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM

93 octane>91 octane. I believe that's what the difference in premium gas is from Michigan versus Arizona.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM

don't they have better than 91 octane in michigan?
I dont know, as far as I know, most places have 91 and 93, I run 93 octane in both my SS/TC and 05 GT.

Originally Posted by SS4ME
93 octane>91 octane. I believe that's what the difference in premium gas is from Michigan versus Arizona.
Well like I already said, most places as far as I know have 93, and almost all have atleast 91.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-09-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2008, 06:15 PM

I dont know, as far as I know, most places have 91 and 93, I run 93 octane in both my SS/TC and 05 GT.

Well like I already said, most places as far as I know have 93, and almost all have atleast 91.
No! Go out west once. All I could find was 91. Hell, even in western Wisconsin all I could find was 91.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Yes we have 93. A 93 tune over a 91 tune isn't all the much of a difference n/a, although there is a little difference. He is a pretty good driver. I have never seen an s197 gt run in the 14's without a major flaw like a 2.3 or so 60 foot. Mostly mid 13's with either minor bolt ons or stock. I did see one car with lots of n/a stuff running a 12.2 or something around there, but that car had some ford racing cams or something like that. The only reason i see the new gt's being impressive is because modifications are so cheap for them and they are fairly cheap compared to their competitors. They don't have to spend a grand on exhaust like I do and most other cars. there are full exhaust setups for like 500 bucks. We have done all the work on my buddy's car so he's only spent like 1,500 bucks for 12's which i think is pretty decent because he pulled me from a roll when i had just a tune and turboback and i was running mid 12's. Personally, i wouldn't buy one but i like tuner cars. For the money though they are pretty quick and respond well to mods.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
No! Go out west once. All I could find was 91. Hell, even in western Wisconsin all I could find was 91.
Pretty much anywhere west of Dallas has 91. El Paso has 90 at some stations
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM

You truly are a damn ricer if you seriously believe that roll racing is better than drag racing, you know, from a "DIG" like a real race is supposed to be.
"Dig racing is the only real racing. Roll races are for ricers."

Translation:

"I'm not doing roll races, because your car makes too much power and it's too light and I'll lose. I need a tampon."

Unless you trap over 130, 1/4 mile racing is just a way for heavy, underpowered (mostly domestic V8) guys to puss out before they get passed.

Like I said before, those with more power than excuses love roll racing. All I see here is excuses and whining.

Tear the Mustang posters off your wall man. You're just another fanboi.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:53 PM

Translation:

"I'm not doing roll races, because your car makes too much power and it's too light and I'll lose. I need a tampon."

Unless you trap over 130, 1/4 mile racing is just a way for heavy, underpowered (mostly domestic V8) guys to puss out before they get passed.

Like I said before, those with more power than excuses love roll racing. All I see here is excuses and whining.

I LOL'd.

It's true though. Cars that you can't beat at the track sometimes can't beat you on the way home.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM

Translation:

I'm lost now. How am I a fanboi, because I love my Mustang and my SS/TC? I just dont get what some of you internet retards are saying sometimes. You make absolutely not sense at all. I will admit, there are alot of high powered cars that are nothing but dyno queens and run 12's with 800rwhp, cars like Supras, some Cobras and other cars, but if you know what you're doing you can make your car hook and actually race from a tree like real drag racing is supposed to be. By your screen name, I dont see your HHR beating my SS/TC or Mustang from a roll or a dig, so I believe your just another roll racing ricer who only gets wins from a roll.

I LOL'd.

It's true though. Cars that you can't beat at the track sometimes can't beat you on the way home.
Who cares what happens on the way home or on the interstate? I seriously cant believe you guys think roll racing is a actual racing sport and it's supposed to be competitive.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-09-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig