War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen that many quotes per post.
good times
Old 12-12-2008, 02:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Darwin
You = Overly confident in the ability of a tuned cobalt.
They should be, they are fast as hell.

Well, a simple youtube check shows this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wF6fgNmZkM

and i didn't hear exhaust form the mustang at all in either of those which is odd for a mustang modded that much, they are usually really loud. Keep in mind, i'm not a big mustang fan or anything, but you can't base a statement like ss with tune > bolt on mustang on 2 videos especially when the car that should be getting rocked off the line for at least a little bit is pulling half a car or more right away.
Cobalts have launch control. If used right youd have to be a great driver in a stang to keep pace with a 5k rpm launch.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 12-12-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-12-2008, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
They should be, they are fast as hell.

Cobalts have launch control. If used right youd have to be a great driver in a stang to keep pace with a 5k rpm launch.
a 5k rpm launch that you need to slip the **** out of to not get e-nannied out of. I'm just saying i have seen multiple people run sixty's in the 1.9's on stock tires with those gt's. There is no reason for the cobalt to be pulling half a car on every launch right off the bat, that's some driving error big time right there. The majority of my point was that it is crazy to base that kind of statement on one person's videos.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM

The majority of my point was that it is crazy to base that kind of statement on one person's videos.
I'm not at all basing my opinion on the videos, but you must note that there have been videos posted of two different tuned Cobalts against two different GT's, both with Cobalts taking the kill. The videos are just proof of an opinion I have from personal experience with both Mustangs and tuned 'balts.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
And to Mrs. LS2guy, if you honestly think that an HHR is a better performance oriented car than a new Mustang, than you obviously dont know **** about cars other than your own.
I will say the S197 is a step above the SN95 in terms of handling but both suck compared to even a 1982 Camaro Z28. And mys stement by no means says that a HHR handles awesome just that Mustangs handles that damn bad.

And I love how 04YellowbellyGT keeps bring up that I am on his ignore list.

To all that wonder it's because I called him out years ago that the GT500 was his dads and not his and that was true. Sure he has some slick stories about it now but they are nothing more than more lies to cover the original lie.

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-12-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by LS2guy
I will say the S197 is a step above the SN95 in terms of handling but both suck compared to even a 1982 Camaro Z28. And mys stement by no means says that a HHR handles awesome just that Mustangs handles that damn bad.

To all that wonder it's because I called him out years ago that the GT500 was his dads and not his and that was true. Sure he has some slick stories about it now but they are nothing more than more lies to cover the original lie.
I honestly dont see a 1982 Camaro handling better than an S197, and even if it does, that is besides the point of what we've been talking about. And how did you call him out years ago when the GT500 has only been out for barely 2 years? Either way, it its his car it is, if it isnt, it isnt. That is besides the point aswell. Like I already said, I aint trying to argue, but the fact remains that I own both cars and I know what happens when they race, I dont see how someone can argue that fact at all. Maybe once I get my Cobalt tuned than there will be a different outcome, just have to wait and see. And also, I dont remember the specific times, but I made a thread over on Mustangforums about some intake/tune S197's and I believe within a day or 2 I got 3 pages of responses and quite a few slips about intake/tune S197's running 12.8-12.9 on stock tires. Like I said, I dont wanna argue or anything, just let you guys know what they can do, regardless if you've seen it or not.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM

Yea ok.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 PM

And also, I dont remember the specific times, but I made a thread over on Mustangforums about some intake/tune S197's and I believe within a day or 2 I got 3 pages of responses and quite a few slips about intake/tune S197's running 12.8-12.9 on stock tires. Like I said, I dont wanna argue or anything, just let you guys know what they can do, regardless if you've seen it or not.
Whaaat? Intake and tune? That's a little hard to believe. Not saying your lying, but I'd have to see it before I could stomach that one. How much horsepower were those cars making on intake and tune? Don't they (GT's) make like 230whp or something like that stock? Which S197 trim specifically?

Yea ok.
What's your motivation for following this thread? Why are you always riding the Mustang nuts? You drive a big turbo EVO.

Last edited by AaronHHRSS; 12-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM

Yea ok.
Too bad it's the truth huh, keep in mind I had both to compare.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:58 PM

Wait, wasn't this thread about Supermantx beating an S197? He provided vids, he beat it, that's it. We're not speculating anything, he whooped it.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:59 PM

I honestly dont see a 1982 Camaro handling better than an S197, and even if it does, that is besides the point of what we've been talking about. And how did you call him out years ago when the GT500 has only been out for barely 2 years? Either way, it its his car it is, if it isnt, it isnt. That is besides the point aswell. Like I already said, I aint trying to argue, but the fact remains that I own both cars and I know what happens when they race, I dont see how someone can argue that fact at all. Maybe once I get my Cobalt tuned than there will be a different outcome, just have to wait and see. And also, I dont remember the specific times, but I made a thread over on Mustangforums about some intake/tune S197's and I believe within a day or 2 I got 3 pages of responses and quite a few slips about intake/tune S197's running 12.8-12.9 on stock tires. Like I said, I dont wanna argue or anything, just let you guys know what they can do, regardless if you've seen it or not.

Some little punk kid talking **** to me about his GT500 and saying it was his again and again when I knew it wasn't matters. The only thing worse than someone making claims they cannot back is lying about them owning the car to start with.

As for tune and intake only GT's sure they can pick up a few ponies just adjusting the variable stuff on th 3V but not to the point of dropping almost a second off ET's.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Some little punk kid talking **** to me about his GT500 and saying it was his again and again when I knew it wasn't matters. The only thing worse than someone making claims they cannot back is lying about them owning the car to start with.

As for tune and intake only GT's sure they can pick up a few ponies just adjusting the variable stuff on th 3V but not to the point of dropping almost a second off ET's.
Truth, the tuning and intake good for ~0.3 seconds on a manual.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Yet you have 0 proof that what I said is false. They are not slick stories and there is nothing to lie about. Do you honestly think a stock 12sec GT500 is something to brag about when I have a 10sec 2V GT. Its not which is why I never bring it up yet you bring it up all the time. I think you bring up the GT500 because you know you aint got **** on my GT.

And some little punk bitch likes to talk ****. I’ve called you on your BS stories from day one and you didn’t like that. I’ve proved you wrong on almost every claim you make and it pisses you off. Hence the reason you said you wished I would die which is hilarious IMO.

Tell you what this BS of you saying that its not mine is coming to an end today. I’ll get the registration of my GT and GT500 along with my license to end this claim you keep making.

Sound Good?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Too bad it's the truth huh, keep in mind I had both to compare.
No you didn't. You said you had a sn95. That's the one from 96-99 or whatever. On top of that, did you track both of them stock?

I'm not riding any mustang nuts. I'm just challenging the statements of two people that are obviously in extreme dislike of mustangs, as a neutral, unbiased source.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:55 PM

No you didn't. You said you had a sn95. That's the one from 96-99 or whatever. On top of that, did you track both of them stock?
SN95's are from 94-04. The 99-04's are the "New Edge" SN95's.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM

Here you go just what you've been waiting for. Onther claim made by Cody to be BS.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
SN95's are from 94-04. The 99-04's are the "New Edge" SN95's.
Ok thank you. Either way, that's not an s197 (the newest ones).
Old 12-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by AaronHHRSS
Whaaat? Intake and tune? That's a little hard to believe. Not saying your lying, but I'd have to see it before I could stomach that one. How much horsepower were those cars making on intake and tune? Don't they (GT's) make like 230whp or something like that stock? Which S197 trim specifically?

What's your motivation for following this thread? Why are you always riding the Mustang nuts? You drive a big turbo EVO.
Actually stock there are numerous S197's to put down 270rwhp, but the average for a 5spd manual is between 260-270rwhp. With just intake and tune alot have put down 290-295rwhp.

Well considering there are many S197's that run mid 13's stock and some in the 13.2-13.3 range, and then adding an intake/tune they were running 12.8-12.9, that isnt a full second, more like .5 second.

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Here you go just what you've been waiting for. Onther claim made by Cody to be BS.

Is this the DL and registration info of LS2guy? If so, I cant believe I've been bickering with a 20 year old, LOL.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-13-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Is this the DL and registration info of LS2guy? If so, I cant believe I've been bickering with a 20 year old, LOL.
No its mine wich shows the registration of my GT and GT500 which he claims isn't mine.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 PM

No its mine wich shows the registration of my GT and GT500 which he claims isn't mine.
Ahh!! Yeah the registration does clearly show each one of those vehicles in your name.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Yet you have 0 proof that what I said is false. They are not slick stories and there is nothing to lie about. Do you honestly think a stock 12sec GT500 is something to brag about when I have a 10sec 2V GT. Its not which is why I never bring it up yet you bring it up all the time. I think you bring up the GT500 because you know you aint got **** on my GT.

And some little punk bitch likes to talk ****. I’ve called you on your BS stories from day one and you didn’t like that. I’ve proved you wrong on almost every claim you make and it pisses you off. Hence the reason you said you wished I would die which is hilarious IMO.

Tell you what this BS of you saying that its not mine is coming to an end today. I’ll get the registration of my GT and GT500 along with my license to end this claim you keep making.

Sound Good?

Plain and simple you little cocksucking bitch prove me wrong. I am so sick of your little kid like antics you are a lying sack of **** just like the other tit baby on this board. You didn't own the GT500 back in what ever year I called you out so I could care less what anything says now in 2008. You are a stupid little boy trying to fill big mans shoes and you failed bitch.

If you had half a brain which obviously you don't you would quit wasting time on that old SN95 shitbox and mod the GT500. But then again daddy might not like you making his golf club carrier faster.

And stop pretending you have once called BS on me and it was true. You didn't like that I called "your" GT500 a POS that was slow for 500hp and dives when it brakes not to mention handles like ****. Guess what you pubescent fool what s the first things anyone says after a test run in the GT500, exactly what I did...............

Also quite posting around here like your big ****, you took the slowest excuse of a V8 in the last 10 years and made it fast so ******* what. All that means is that anyone with a LSx, 3V or DOHC can cut what you spent in half and go just as fast.

Obviously it wasn't yours in 2006 so what are you trying to prove? Once a ******* liar always a ******* liar.

I'm not riding any mustang nuts. I'm just challenging the statements of two people that are obviously in extreme dislike of mustangs, as a neutral, unbiased source.
I had a full suspension on my 2003 and alot of my friends have S197's and they handle like ****.

Also it doesn't take a track experience when after every test run be it a magazine or TV test one of the first things said is how bad any Mustang handles and brakes. The older fox bodies could make due with even the yestertech 4 link but even the new suspension isn't enough for the tug boat S197's.

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-13-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2008, 08:26 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The end.