War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
see i will take this guys word because he owns both of the vehicles in question except for the cobra but we all know thats bs anyways.

Theres just no way he got this guy by 6 lengths, that guy would have really needed to screw up in his driving to get killed that badly.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 06SS/SC STAGE2
Stock 07/08 Mustang GT is only putting down 240-260 whp, I know cause I had one And had it dyno'd before i started moding it. Once moded and using a Diablosport Predator handheld tuner on the dyno we neted 308 whp/ 312wtq. And that was with 20" wheels with 295/35/20's on the back.
So for a Balt SS/SC or TC to beat a stock stang gt is a easy task!
WTF kinda dyno were you using? I know plenty of stock 05+ GT's to dyno between 260-270rwhp stock, and like I already said, with just an intake and tune, you will have anywhere from 290-300rwhp. And again, the Mustang GT he raced WASNT stock.

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
see i will take this guys word because he owns both of the vehicles in question except for the cobra but we all know thats bs anyways.

Theres just no way he got this guy by 6 lengths, that guy would have really needed to screw up in his driving to get killed that badly.
Thanks!! There are tons of 05+ GT's with just an intake, tune and DR's running very low 13's and some running 12's. From a roll I can see an SS/TC maybe running side by side an 05+ GT, but from a dig, it doesnt have a chance, especially a 6 car length win.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 11-30-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
WTF kinda dyno were you using? I know plenty of stock 05+ GT's to dyno between 260-270rwhp stock, and like I already said, with just an intake and tune, you will have anywhere from 290-300rwhp. And again, the Mustang GT he raced WASNT stock.

Thanks!! There are tons of 05+ GT's with just an intake, tune and DR's running very low 13's and some running 12's. From a roll I can see an SS/TC maybe running side by side an 05+ GT, but from a dig, it doesnt have a chance, especially a 6 car length win.
better than that. there are stock gt's running low 13's. there are more than a few bolt on s197's doing mid 12's
Old 11-30-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
better than that. there are stock gt's running low 13's. there are more than a few bolt on s197's doing mid 12's
Yes I know that, but its not the norm. The norm is around 13.4-13.5 with a decent driver. And with just an intake and tune 13's become pretty easy, and 12's are with a really good driver. Arent you on Mustangforums aswell?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:17 PM

eh i lurk there sometimes for any news i've missed or anything. had a problem with a few mods a couple years ago and it is just plain boring there most of the time. I'm on some other mustang sites tho and other forums.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

eh i lurk there sometimes for any news i've missed or anything. had a problem with a few mods a couple years ago and it is just plain boring there most of the time. I'm on some other mustang sites tho and other forums.
Ahh!! I've been a member for over 3 years now and have almost 7,000 posts, LOL. I used to get on there and chit chat all night long when I worked Midnights. But now I work from 7am-7pm and when I get home I like to shower, eat and relax. No more hanging out on forums for me, well maybe this one, LOL.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:23 PM

i just love this forum because you see some new amazing epic bs every day. does anyone else remember the gallardo kill?

the excuse was...but it was from a roll awd slowed him down.

i LOVE the stupidity of some people. it's ****** awesome.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Hmm, makes me not want the new GT I was looking at...leaning back towards the TC now. Nice kill.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM

i just love this forum because you see some new amazing epic bs every day. does anyone else remember the gallardo kill?

the excuse was...but it was from a roll awd slowed him down.

i LOVE the stupidity of some people. it's ****** awesome.
HAHA +1 dont forget the 600cc bike kill too.

I would say there was huge driver error in both races. I have seen shity drivers in Cobras. I watched a video of a 03 Cobra racing an SHO and the SHO beat the Cobra. You could literally count to two in between shifts.

If you want to claim a win because of shitty drivers more power to you but don't be surprised when someone in the same car calls you out and rapes you.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 PM

If you dont know what kind of car you went up against and you suck at math, keep the post to yourself
Old 11-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
HAHA +1 dont forget the 600cc bike kill too.

I have seen shity drivers in Cobras..
Ever see that Pass time where the KB Cobra ran in the 15's?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zrated89
no way my boy has a modded and pullied terminator. My other friend has a bolt on and cammed C5 Z06 and brian with the terminator pulled him by a car everytime from a roll. No way *raises the BS Flag* Like cake eater said 01 possibly 03termi no way!! modded termis are easy at 500RWHP
on a side note post a dam timeslip at the quarter mile or all you do is ricer roll race!!!
Not on the stock/unported blower. Most pullied and bolt-on Cobras have a hard time hitting the 470whp mark. Usually 450-460whp is the norm. Which I might add should be reltively easy for a bolt on and cammed Z06 to eat.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM

A little thing called power to weight anyone?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM

the reason i just plain cant believe this is he said he had a car on the cobra up until whatever speed. If the cobra was a car behind and just caught traction in like 3rd gear, it would pull back that car + like 5 more in one gear.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Not on the stock/unported blower. Most pullied and bolt-on Cobras have a hard time hitting the 470whp mark. Usually 450-460whp is the norm. Which I might add should be reltively easy for a bolt on and cammed Z06 to eat.
You must be a GM nugswinger.

Originally Posted by 06BrandonSS
Hmm, makes me not want the new GT I was looking at...leaning back towards the TC now. Nice kill.
If you've been reading any of the posts I have made or "cakeeater", you will soon realize its gonna take more than just some exhaust and tune for an SS/TC to beat a relatively stock 05+ Mustang GT. Stock there have been tons in the low 13 region and with just bolt ons like exhaust and intake, along with some DR's and a tune, you have a mid 12 second car with ease. I guess I could say I'm fortunate because I have a modded 05 Mustang GT and an SS/TC.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 11-30-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2008, 06:57 PM

He didnt specify WHAT mods the 03' Cobra had. For all we know it was a STS and 22's. A stock Cobra IS in the high 12's but you add econo tires and a shitty driver from a dig... chances are with the aid of launch control the LNF would have the advantage.... It's a BIG if but it's still possible.

As far as the GT, they really aren't that quick. My old man lost to one in his old Porsche 993 with a slipping clutch by half a car. I'd say with a realistic driver they probably arent capable of more than maybe a 13.4 in the 1/4. It's already been proven the LNF is capable of that... not so hard to believe.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7darkknight
He didnt specify WHAT mods the 03' Cobra had. For all we know it was a STS and 22's. A stock Cobra IS in the high 12's but you add econo tires and a shitty driver from a dig... chances are with the aid of launch control the LNF would have the advantage.... It's a BIG if but it's still possible.

As far as the GT, they really aren't that quick. My old man lost to one in his old Porsche 993 with a slipping clutch by half a car. I'd say with a realistic driver they probably arent capable of more than maybe a 13.4 in the 1/4. It's already been proven the LNF is capable of that... not so hard to believe.
You're right, they are about a mid 13 second car stock, but the one this guy ran had mods, which would put him into the low 13 second range, if not faster. And for an SS/TC with just exhaust and a tune to put 6 cars on this GT with its mods, its alittle farfetched. Like I said, I own a stock SS/TC and an 05 GT with exhaust, intake and a tune and from a dig my SS/TC doesnt have a chance.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 PM

You're right, they are about a mid 13 second car stock, but the one this guy ran had mods, which would put him into the low 13 second range, if not faster. And for an SS/TC with just exhaust and a tune to put 6 cars on this GT with its mods, its alittle farfetched. Like I said, I own a stock SS/TC and an 05 GT with exhaust, intake and a tune and from a dig my SS/TC doesnt have a chance.
Well your TC is also stock. An exhaust can do some wicked things to turbocharged cars... with a shitty driver in the GT it's pretty possible. Maybe unlikely... but possible. I'll wait for the vids.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM

Well your TC is also stock. An exhaust can do some wicked things to turbocharged cars... with a shitty driver in the GT it's pretty possible. Maybe unlikely... but possible. I'll wait for the vids.
to put 6 cars on a car that should be running high 12's low 13's easily, you're gonna have to be a mid 12 second car or faster unless its a LONNNNGG run. i doubt a tune/exhaust ss/tc is in the mid 12's...the whole thing with the cobra and mach 1 is what really makes me amazed by this story tho.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM

...the whole thing with the cobra and mach 1 is what really makes me amazed by this story tho.
+1 Definitely
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM

You must be a GM nugswinger.

If you've been reading any of the posts I have made or "cakeeater", you will soon realize its gonna take more than just some exhaust and tune for an SS/TC to beat a relatively stock 05+ Mustang GT. Stock there have been tons in the low 13 region and with just bolt ons like exhaust and intake, along with some DR's and a tune, you have a mid 12 second car with ease. I guess I could say I'm fortunate because I have a modded 05 Mustang GT and an SS/TC.

With a good driver we've seen SS/TC's run mid 13's stock i'd venture to say this guys TC would run 12's. I'll wait for the video's but theres so many variables in street racing I wouldnt say this guys full of ****.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stiner
With a good driver we've seen SS/TC's run mid 13's stock i'd venture to say this guys TC would run 12's. I'll wait for the video's but theres so many variables in street racing I wouldnt say this guys full of ****.
isn't the highest stock ss/tc trap like 104? gt's have trapped 106 bone stock. 110 traps arent uncommon with the bolt ons he specified for the gt. do you know what ur gonna have to do to put 6 cars on a car that traps even 106? i dont think hes full of ****...just doubt it was 6 cars and the second part was just ummm...yea...
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Exhaust isnt gonna do anything wicked, its the tune that does wicked things to the LNF. And I understand the OP has a tune, but it still isnt gonna put 6 cars on a car that is running low 13's to high 12's.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM

isn't the highest stock ss/tc trap like 104? gt's have trapped 106 bone stock. 110 traps arent uncommon with the bolt ons he specified for the gt. do you know what ur gonna have to do to put 6 cars on a car that traps even 106? i dont think hes full of ****...just doubt it was 6 cars and the second part was just ummm...yea...

Yeah fair enough. Even if it was the slowest GT and the fastest tune/exhaust TC it would be far fetched that the tc would pull 6 cars from a dig. Once the video comes out we'll know how many cars etc
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stiner
I'm not saying he's full of ****, I'm just saying the guy in the Mustang cant drive for ****, and the OP needs to just admit that. I love my SS/TC to death and cant wait til I get some exhaust, intake and tune and hopefully DR's for next Summer, but its still not gonna beat a modded 05+ GT.

Quick Reply: i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig