War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmi motorsports
ok have u read from the begining ok i quote i beat my friends gt wit my balt. besides n ppl reply ur bolt cant beat a vette cobra or viper wit ur bolt never said i could i said i could wit my other 4 cyc can. read up bitch. n ok ill b like urs how do i know thats ur time slip? not ur dads? n how do i know i own that pos stang neways. i cant post the soruce (n who ever made the site ull say there wrong neways) (n im sure ull bitch bout that) b/c its in tranny book o thats on the self of a tranny shop. no matter wht i say even if its on paper ull believe wht u wnt. n sides if i did post a source of the web ull just say how do i know u didnt make the site? the ******* ppl buy the same ******* trannys HOWEVER they put there own ******* parts in them as well thats wht makes ******* dodge gm n ford who they ******* r. n fightin wit u is point lessso y do it cuz it passes time y do? u just cant b wrong so wtfe say wnt u wnt but they ******* SUCK B/C THERE ARE CHEAPER PARTS IN THEM

urs held up then y didnt my uncles stang didnt? how ever my dads vette did n still does? ok look it says in the ******* BOOK THAT THEY MAKE THERES CHEAPER! DAM none of u all can be wrong. say wht u wnt idc i know wht i know. n im sure u all will have a smart ass comment on that.

Where the **** is this magical book at? It just says Ford puts cheaper parts in there transmission? I would think it would go into deeper detail than that. Quit making up excuses and post something to back up your dumb ass claims.

Also yes I read from the beginning and I know you said your other 4cly can beat Vipers, Vettes, ect. The reason everyone thought you were talking about your cobalt was because you type like a blind retard and can’t read what you are typing. Not to mention its pretty ****** stupid to bring up a busa when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Soo my question is still WHY BRING UP A BIKE WHEN THE DISCUSSION IS ABOUT CARS?

That’s funny I prove what my car runs and you bitch out saying its not mine. You posted a gay ass myspace page, **** I could post Tommy Lee’s myspace page that doesn’t mean its mine. Give me a timeslip or something.

Originally Posted by LS2guy
I won't even read the whole post and am not sticking up for anyone but there are differences between the Ford, GM and Dodge T-56. Right off hand some Ford T-56's use a lower spline input vs GM and Dodge which is a pretty big deal. Other than that it was just minor changes on which had paper blocking rings and which didn't. For a while each company had a common set of ratios but now all three use mixes.
I know there was a difference in gearing though that doesn’t really affect the strength of the trans. I just looked up the trans specs in a book and you are right the Ford uses a 10spline, Chevy uses a 26spline and Dodge uses a 31spline input shaft. Though for some reason the Chevys are rated at a lower hp rating than the Ford. All I know is that I have seen the stock T-56 in the Cobras handle 600+rwhp on multiple setups and that is by no means weak. I’ve seen more syncros go out that anything and that’s is just from normal wear and tear.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:36 PM

What do you want a pat on the back that your new Mustang GT only loses to a LS1 by 3 cars now?

I love how you Mustang ****** are always the first to call roll racing "ricer" it isn't other peoples fault Mustangs are only good for dig races.
So when you go to an 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track they let you roll race? Didnt think so, I race at the track and only at the track, so yeah I'm racing from a dig and that's it. And stock LS1 Camaros and Trans Ams are on average a low 13 second car, and if there are tons of people to do that in an S197 with only an intake and tune, than yeah I'm gonna be happy as hell, especially considering its a 4.6 vs a 5.7. And I'm pretty sure my GT can take an SS/SC or SS/TC from a roll.

Supras are roll machines like Mustangs are dig machines neither are good at role reversal plain and simple. When I am in the mood to run someone I take what I can get who gives a **** fun is fun. Like I said before non mega modded GT's are slugs once you take away there dig advatage and that isn't my opinion.
When you can buy an S197 used for around 15-16k now, and drop $600 for an intake and tune and another $300 for some DR's and running 12's with ease, I'm gonna say that's a pretty nice DD. What's with GM nutswingers always clowning on Stangs? I mean yeah, so what if GM has been producing the LS1 since 98 and has been years ahead of the Mustang, because it isnt anymore.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-06-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 AM

lol a stock gt mustang will not take a tc cobalt from a roll
Old 12-07-2008, 01:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never seen a s197 with a tune and intake even break 13's. LOL.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
Uhh have you ever been to a race track? You almost have to purposley screw up to not get into the 13s stock let alone with mods. When my buddy picked up a new 08 5sd GT last year his first time ever going to the track he ran a 14.0 his first pass and got down to 13.8s by the end of the night. I made a few passes with it too and ran a 13.7 and a 13.6 in it @ 102-103 with a 2.0X 60'. I would consider myself and average to above average driver and was pulling those times pretty easily.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:16 AM

I think the LOL meant he was kiddin.:p uhh,least i hope so.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by supermantxz24
Well than I dont know what kind of drivers you're racing, because everytime I've messed around with my Wife with her in the Stang and me in the SS/TC, the Stang walks the TC fairly easy. Yeah the Stang has a couple mods, but by the way you're talking, the TC should still win. Either way, I love both of my cars, and I own both cars that are in question, so I'd say its pretty pointless to argue with someone who tests this theory on a weekly basis and knows what both cars are capable of. And try racing from a dig once in awhile, things are alittle different.

Like "Bandit" already stated, I hope you're just messing around. A stock S197 with a decent driver is a mid 13 second car, and with just an intake and tune is a low 13 second car with many people getting into the 12's.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-07-2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 AM

^^^you know what i retract my previouse statement a tc will beat stock 04 gt's on down off the roll for sure im not sure about 05's on up i forgot when i was stock i raced an 03 off the roll
Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
LMFAO!! Your stock TC isnt gonna beat a stock 05+ GT from a dig or in the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, etc. From a roll, you have a chance, but if the driver knows how to drive, you arent gonna beat one.

So your saying an 05+ Mustang GT with full bolt ons and a tune is only putting down around 305rwhp and 349rwtq? That is a total false dyno sheet. I have seen 3v GT's put down 300rwhp with just intake, exhaust and tune. That isnt counting UDP's or long tubes, that is just a catless midpipe, intake, and a catback. The torque numbers seem right, but the wheel horsepower is off.
No, you can't read..... GT making 300/315. Cobalts making 305/349.

You "see" cars doing that, but I tune them for a living, and consistently tune higher than Bamachips and Brenspeed. That GT with the Brenspeed tune made 285/289. That includes CAI, IMRC, Catless X pipe, catback, shorttubes.

Stock S197 GT would make 255rwhp/280rwtq, slightly more than a stock LNF but not enough to make up for the weight.

Hahaha, get real.

Like "Bandit" already stated, I hope you're just messing around. A stock S197 with a decent driver is a mid 13 second car, and with just an intake and tune is a low 13 second car with many people getting into the 12's.
12s with intake and tune? LOL

I am interested in seeing your dyno chart.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 12-07-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2008, 01:16 PM

a stock ss/tc could beat a 05+ GT from a roll, dig, or 1/4 mile
slowstang did a 13.76@103mph and marin007 did a 13.66@104mph
so get off ur high horses GT's arent amazing they are decent cars but not great cars
Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo

You "see" cars doing that, but I tune them for a living, and consistently tune higher than Bamachips and Brenspeed. That GT with the Brenspeed tune made 285/289. That includes CAI, IMRC, Catless X pipe, catback, shorttubes.

Stock S197 GT would make 255rwhp/280rwtq, slightly more than a stock LNF but not enough to make up for the weight.

Hahaha, get real.

lets not get carried away stevo...i highly doubt that brenspeed tune was a dynotune since brenspeed is in indiana and you are in arizona. something you failed to mention. There is no comparing a canned tune to a dyno tune. If you're canned tunes make as much as your dyno tunes you either don't know how to tune or your canned tunes are way too aggressive, neither of which i think are the case. I've personally seen a few s197's run low 13's/high 12's with intake/tune/catback and i dont know why you don't believe "full" bolt on s197's can make more than that, but they can. many a bolt on s197's make over 320rwhp and more torque. with long tubes along with the usual exhaust mods, cmcv deletes, etc and the usual bolt ons with some gears there are s197's trapping above 110 consistently and running mid-high 12's all day long.

oh and we both no the average manual s197 is making over 255. what do you think the autos are making 240? **** no. most manual guys are dynoing ~270 stock. alot of people see up to 280, some a little under 270.

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
so get off ur high horses GT's arent amazing they are decent cars but not great cars
has an ss/tc ever trapped over 105 or run a low 13? no. They are close stock in performance but a manual gt is the faster car in the 1/4 at least.

Last edited by cakeeater; 12-07-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM

my money would be on a SS/TC vs a 05+GT from every type of race the SS/TC would win the majority.
Dig, 1/4mile, 1/8mile, Roll
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM

my money would be on a SS/TC vs a 05+GT from every type of race the SS/TC would win the majority.
Dig, 1/4mile, 1/8mile, Roll
very doubtful if the gt is a manual. The AVERAGE gt driver will hit a 13.6 which is close to the best we have seen out of the ss/tc. especially 1/8 mile you are just getting too cocky.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
lets not get carried away stevo...i highly doubt that brenspeed tune was a dynotune since brenspeed is in indiana and you are in arizona. something you failed to mention. There is no comparing a canned tune to a dyno tune. If you're canned tunes make as much as your dyno tunes you either don't know how to tune or your canned tunes are way too aggressive, neither of which i think are the case. I've personally seen a few s197's run low 13's/high 12's with intake/tune/catback and i dont know why you don't believe "full" bolt on s197's can make more than that, but they can. many a bolt on s197's make over 320rwhp and more torque. with long tubes along with the usual exhaust mods, cmcv deletes, etc and the usual bolt ons with some gears there are s197's trapping above 110 consistently and running mid-high 12's all day long.

oh and we both no the average manual s197 is making over 255. what do you think the autos are making 240? **** no. most manual guys are dynoing ~270 stock. alot of people see up to 280, some a little under 270.

has an ss/tc ever trapped over 105 or run a low 13? no. They are close stock in performance but a manual gt is the faster car in the 1/4 at least.
I tune in AZ and cars here don't make the kind of power you mention. I really wish they did but they don't. And I'm not just talking Dyno tunes. My canned tunes do well. If you own an SCT device I'd be willing to write you a tune. The other tunes are actually more "agressive" but not as powerful. Maybe because they don't have 91 octane to really know how to tune for it.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 PM

I tune in AZ and cars here don't make the kind of power you mention. I really wish they did but they don't. And I'm not just talking Dyno tunes. My canned tunes do well. If you own an SCT device I'd be willing to write you a tune. The other tunes are actually more "agressive" but not as powerful. Maybe because they don't have 91 octane to really know how to tune for it.
maybe, but you were comparing a brenspeed canned tune to your dyno tune correct? i was just pointing that out. brenspeed does some very good dyno tuning, not that im saying they're better than you, just putting that out there.

we have to keep in mind in this thread also that n/a cars to not perform as well at altitude as f/i cars. the higher you go the further behind an equal (at sea level) n/a car will be. I'd rather not use a canned tune on my car when it's done as i can tune it myself to a point and running 7-8k in motor on a canned tune is not very appealing to me lol but thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:58 PM

new vids on my youtube link on my sig
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
maybe, but you were comparing a brenspeed canned tune to your dyno tune correct? i was just pointing that out. brenspeed does some very good dyno tuning, not that im saying they're better than you, just putting that out there.

we have to keep in mind in this thread also that n/a cars to not perform as well at altitude as f/i cars. the higher you go the further behind an equal (at sea level) n/a car will be. I'd rather not use a canned tune on my car when it's done as i can tune it myself to a point and running 7-8k in motor on a canned tune is not very appealing to me lol but thanks.
I was comparing a Brenspeed canned tune to my canned tune. I have retuned a few brenspeed canned tuned cars with my canned tunes (because they were out of state) and all out performed. But yes, they are good, everyone knows their name yadda yadda yadda. Their customer service is one of the best too.

That's cool dude, just offering, I know that finding tuners can be hard and it doesn't cost me anything to write a file through SCT Advantage III so it woulldn't be much of a waste of my time. If you know anyone that needs mustang tuning keep me in mind, I'm always looking to get the word out.

I haven't tuned that Sky yet, you can tell.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 12-08-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2008, 11:34 PM

he doesnt have the tune on his car yet he has the computer in his trunk because he needs the relearn.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 AM

he doesnt have the tune on his car yet he has the computer in his trunk because he needs the relearn.

Like I said, all 08s I sent out had the relearn done. They need a key learn though which he could do himself. Make sure he actually has my tune and not someone elses, or worse off that someone else sold him my tune on a different ECM.

Seeing as how I mailed out 58 ECMs for the Skys alone, he could have my tune and just not now how to properly install it.

I like how you start off a bus length back to video tape it, and then you end up flying past them like they are standing still. LOL! Wait til that Redline gets the tune on there, then you will have a run for your money.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 12-08-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 AM

Like I said, all 08s I sent out had the relearn done. They need a key learn though which he could do himself. Make sure he actually has my tune and not someone elses, or worse off that someone else sold him my tune on a different ECM.

Seeing as how I mailed out 58 ECMs for the Skys alone, he could have my tune and just not now how to properly install it.

I like how you start off a bus length back to video tape it, and then you end up flying past them like they are standing still. LOL! Wait til that Redline gets the tune on there, then you will have a run for your money.
lol yea i cant wait until he gets his tune on their
Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Hahaha, get real.

I dont have a dynochart, but I've been a member on Mustangforums.com for over 3 years now and have seen many, many S197's owners run 13.1-13.3 stock, and quite a few dip into the 12's with just an intake and tune. I know of a few guys running low 12's in a N/A S197 without aftermarket cams or heads, just bolt ons and DR's and I believe a stall converter since his is an auto. You may tune, but you havent seen and dont know what I've seen come out of an S197. And you being in Arizona you are missing out on alot of power numbers with your tunes. That intake, IMRC, headers, exhaust S197 you got to make 285/289 would be well over 300/300 anywhere else. Like I've said, I've seen intake and tune S197's put down close to 300/300.

I'm not on a high horse, and I've owned nothing buy Mustangs and have been around them my whole life, and no for a FACT that my S197 would beat my SS/TC from a dig with ease. The average stock S197 with a manual is around 13.6, the fastest SS/TC to date has only ran a 13.6, so on average, the S197 is faster. Like I said, I'm not on a high horse and I own both cars it isnt even a race.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 12-08-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Where the **** is this magical book at? It just says Ford puts cheaper parts in there transmission? I would think it would go into deeper detail than that. Quit making up excuses and post something to back up your dumb ass claims.

Also yes I read from the beginning and I know you said your other 4cly can beat Vipers, Vettes, ect. The reason everyone thought you were talking about your cobalt was because you type like a blind retard and can’t read what you are typing. Not to mention its pretty ****** stupid to bring up a busa when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Soo my question is still WHY BRING UP A BIKE WHEN THE DISCUSSION IS ABOUT CARS?

That’s funny I prove what my car runs and you bitch out saying its not mine. You posted a gay ass myspace page, **** I could post Tommy Lee’s myspace page that doesn’t mean its mine. Give me a timeslip or something.

I know there was a difference in gearing though that doesn’t really affect the strength of the trans. I just looked up the trans specs in a book and you are right the Ford uses a 10spline, Chevy uses a 26spline and Dodge uses a 31spline input shaft. Though for some reason the Chevys are rated at a lower hp rating than the Ford. All I know is that I have seen the stock T-56 in the Cobras handle 600+rwhp on multiple setups and that is by no means weak. I’ve seen more syncros go out that anything and that’s is just from normal wear and tear.
o n im suppost to believe u? n well check the myspace again (ur just mad ur stang is **** n i own a busa.) id make u my bitch. n why u bring u stang in it (its about cars rite? does that include shitty ones thats y ur post ur stang.) n how do i know u didnt post someone elses time slip no matter wht ull say some dumb ass excuses. n i didnt i threw it n there y do u have ur stang as ur pic n stead of a balt is a balt site.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM

o n im suppost to believe u? n well check the myspace again (ur just mad ur stang is **** n i own a busa.) id make u my bitch. n why u bring u stang in it (its about cars rite? does that include shitty ones thats y ur post ur stang.) n how do i know u didnt post someone elses time slip no matter wht ull say some dumb ass excuses. n i didnt i threw it n there y do u have ur stang as ur pic n stead of a balt is a balt site.
You seriously should grow up. Who the f*ck cares if you own a Busa, if you really do, I know plenty of cars that would beat the **** out of your Busa. And quit trying to bring a bike to a car race, its pretty pointless. I'm sure if everyone wanted to run under 10 seconds with ease than they would have bought a Busa, but when you do it with a car, you're 100 times more like to be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:27 PM

I dont have a dynochart, but I've been a member on Mustangforums.com for over 3 years now and have seen many, many S197's owners run 13.1-13.3 stock, and quite a few dip into the 12's with just an intake and tune. I know of a few guys running low 12's in a N/A S197 without aftermarket cams or heads, just bolt ons and DR's and I believe a stall converter since his is an auto. You may tune, but you havent seen and dont know what I've seen come out of an S197. And you being in Arizona you are missing out on alot of power numbers with your tunes. That intake, IMRC, headers, exhaust S197 you got to make 285/289 would be well over 300/300 anywhere else. Like I've said, I've seen intake and tune S197's put down close to 300/300.
MustangForums = Mustang Fanboy Heaven and home of the fastest stock Mustangs evar!

S197's aren't running 13.1 stock plain and ******* simple and anyone who says otherwise is full of ****. LS1's run those times and stomp all over S197's without breaking a sweat get off the bullshit train and wake the **** up dreamer.

I mean come on just try to explain how a heavier S197 GT could match or better a Mach1? It's sad enough when people claim Mach1 = LS1 but saying a S197 will do the same or better is a damn joke.

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-08-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:29 PM

What ever you say buddy.

Why would I be mad you own a busa its a bike I could easily afford. Like I said I have more money into mods on my car that what you bike is worth.

I think its soo funny you talk all this **** like your Mr. Tough guy when your on a bike. Tell you what bring your car and lets see how much **** you talk then.

The best part is your stupid enough not to see why everyone thinks you're a tool for talking **** to a car owner.

Quick Reply: i ran a 08 mustang gt off a dig