War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

i think ill give racing on street a rest for awhile.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys crack me up. Your all "STOP STREET RACING!" "STOP THE MADNESS!" And on the next like "good kill"
Old 03-30-2006, 10:58 AM

Reminds of the time a friend of mine was driving (70 Challenger, 440 6 pack), he was showing off his car to me. We were doing 110MPH on highway, passed a cop in the median. The cop pulls out, and my buddy slows down and pulls over and waits. I asked him, "why did you pull over.......you could have out run him". The cop pulls up behind us, gets out of his car, he walks around the Challenger. He stops at the driverside window, asks "Do you know how fast you were going?" My buddy says "ya...about 110mph". The cop then asks him "Why did you stop? All I saw was a black car go by, couldn't get your plate number, you were going to fast!" Larry (my buddy), says "You pulled out, I knew I was had!" Anyways........ The Cop told him "that if he (larry) had ***** enough to stop, he (the cop) had ***** enough not to give him a ticket!" And,....."Nice Car!"
Old 12-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

yeah dude, stop watching t.v. its apparent it has rotted your damn brain

Originally Posted by gonzo
you shouldn't have slowed down. If you race just keep hauling ass out of the area or just keep it on the track. The best thing to do would be to have a way to dump oil out from under your car onto the street to make the cop spin out and crash or make the guy you're racing spin out and crash to cause a diversion. Another thin that works is a smoke screen and it's easy to do. Just get a fire extiguisher(the bigger the better) and spray the sucker out of your sunroof trust me, it will work.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 PM

this whole sentra crap reminds of when I had my little zx5 focus and I had just gotten exhaust and the guy the sentra came and said "Ill smoke you" well before he got to 60 he had like 10 cars on poor little me........................
Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YoAdrian
I was doing 65 in a 45 with the flow of traffic and there was a motorcycle cop standing behind some bushes clocking. This was a 4 lane divided highway. So me and 4 other cars come over a hill and he jumps out in front of us like some kind of super cop. We all slam on our brakes and stop probably 10 feet short of him. I am 2 cars back. He points at me and singles me out to pull to the side. I explained to him that I had never had a traffic violation and I would greatly appreciate it if he could let me off with a warning and he stated that " I do not jump out in front of traffic to give warnings!"
So I go to court to try to get the $210 fine reduced. The thug in front of me had 3 moving violations and the judge knocked his fines in half. The person before that was a middle aged woman in on her 2nd DUI in 2 years and he lets her off with community service and a $1000 fine. So I figured that I had a shot. I explain to the judge that this is a first offense and asked for lieniency. He looked at me and said " This is what fines are for" and asked if I had the money to pay that day. I told him that I could pay the next day and he put me on probation. So I went on probation for about 18 hours and ended up having to pay $260 total along with 5 hours taken off of work.

That is my wonderful experience with the law.
LMFAO, Thats great.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:49 AM

GOOD cops FTW. but seriously we should stop this and do it @ the tracks. everybody should lose weight on the right foot.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah man, I've been there. You defenitley got lucky.

It's a defenite sign, trust me.

When I first got into modifying, I wasn't super crazy but kind of active with street racing. I tried to pick out the right spots but I still raced frequently.

Well I decided to race my friend who had a Contour V6 cause he was saying cause he has a V6, it's faster than my I-4. So I decided to race him. So we went on a local route which coincidentally was in front of the Linden GM plant. Well a cop was coincidentally coming from the rear road behind the plant onto the road we were racing on.

Needless to say my friend slammed his brakes and turned off, I got pulled over cause I was winning. He told me "you might as well pull over". I'm thinking the same thing, this is it...my mom is gonna be so pissed (i was like 17 at the time). Well he says to me "It's your lucky night, I got another call to go to" and explained to be careful and that people get hurt.

Not saying I haven't street raced since but I do it very very limited times. When my son was born, I really cut it out alot (even then, I wasn't doing it much). Overall, I'm a very paranoid person even if I think about doing it but I cut it out alot. I'm 22 y/o now and I think that probably saved me so much future grief cause he basically cut me ALOT of slack, and I appreciate it.

Just use this as a sign I guess. Good luck in life.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:25 AM

Yeah you are very lucky. In my town, if you dont come to a complete stop at every stop sign, they will do some shotgun work to your rear tires. I'm just kidding, but you are indeed lucky sir! Play the lottery!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
cMw

im almost glad i dont have a car yet as i'd be too tempted to go very fast and street race

thankfully im confined to a buick century which has about as much torque as a civic
Old 12-07-2006, 04:07 PM

thats some bullshit. You got lucky. I got pulled over for street racing, and I got a ticket. 6 points $300 fine. Be careful when you race. but, i would give it a lil break if I were you.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tr1p1ng
LMFAO, Thats great.

Looking back on it now- yeah it was pretty funny. I was really pissed at the time though.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gonzo
you shouldn't have slowed down. If you race just keep hauling ass out of the area or just keep it on the track. The best thing to do would be to have a way to dump oil out from under your car onto the street to make the cop spin out and crash or make the guy you're racing spin out and crash to cause a diversion. Another thin that works is a smoke screen and it's easy to do. Just get a fire extiguisher(the bigger the better) and spray the sucker out of your sunroof trust me, it will work.
we have a mario kart play, lol. your lucky as hell by the way wish i lived in a town with more nice cops.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by YoAdrian
I was doing 65 in a 45 with the flow of traffic and there was a motorcycle cop standing behind some bushes clocking. This was a 4 lane divided highway. So me and 4 other cars come over a hill and he jumps out in front of us like some kind of super cop. We all slam on our brakes and stop probably 10 feet short of him. I am 2 cars back. He points at me and singles me out to pull to the side. I explained to him that I had never had a traffic violation and I would greatly appreciate it if he could let me off with a warning and he stated that " I do not jump out in front of traffic to give warnings!"

So I go to court to try to get the $210 fine reduced. The thug in front of me had 3 moving violations and the judge knocked his fines in half. The person before that was a middle aged woman in on her 2nd DUI in 2 years and he lets her off with community service and a $1000 fine. So I figured that I had a shot. I explain to the judge that this is a first offense and asked for lieniency. He looked at me and said " This is what fines are for" and asked if I had the money to pay that day. I told him that I could pay the next day and he put me on probation. So I went on probation for about 18 hours and ended up having to pay $260 total along with 5 hours taken off of work.

That is my wonderful experience with the law.
**** that man that blows... i got caught by a damn motorcycle too, hiding in a weigh station and another time by one hiding under an overpass, those sneaky mother *******.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:36 PM

Damn thats bullshit lol. So lucky. I was riding with my friend in his Mustang, and we were doing about 40 in a 50, and about 10 cars ahead was a Cobalt and SRT lining up for a run, well they take off wand we are just going fast to follow and watch. We couldn't keep uip, and were litterally like 5 or 6 bus lengths back, and all of a sudden a hear an S/C screaming and I see blue and red lights, an undercover 03/04 yellow Cobra comes by and gets the SRT, the Cobalt kept going, and tuned down some weird dark rode with cops waiting on his ass, and we got pulled to. We got charged for street racing aswell.

Dude, street racings a huge scene in South Florida, hey've got undercover Evos and all types of crazy ****. :/ Its just not safe anymore lol.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:52 PM

Dude, imagine having the job of an "undercover street racing police". You basically get to ride around all day in cars that you couldn't normally afford and just race people. If it were me, i would only give tickets to people who lose. =D

But anyway, to the guy who got put on probation; don't ask for leniency man. Nothing will **** off a judge/cop more than saying "i don't deserve a ticket so please don't give me one"

Just be adult about it and admit that your wrong, it has saved my **** once. But if you get pulled over by state patrol or a rookie, then your just plain old screwed.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM

Wow, thats some luck man. Cops here hate racing. I was pulled over for "looking like I wanted to race", seriously.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:06 AM

You are all sorts of lucky.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by evolve
Wow, thats some luck man. Cops here hate racing. I was pulled over for "looking like I wanted to race", seriously.
let me guess because you have a wing and tuner looking wheels? cops are *****..... ive been pulled over 19 times in 4 years and gotten 6 tickets..... if i see the opportunity now i just out run them, these crown vics the staties have in ny are garbage actually blew by one doing about 105 in a 55 racing an evo with "serious" work done to it, i think he is running his mouth, because he was about a car length in front of me, he turned down some dirt road, easy when you have awd, but i kept going. pulled into a gas station, parked out back, and walked around to the door. 2 seconds later, the cop comes by doing at least 80 looking for us. i dont normally race anymore but this kid with the evo thinks hes hot **** around my hometown, passed 3 cars on a double line, to catch up to me when i was doing 55, and then passes me and a semi truck also on a double line...... i had to, i felt obligated to rub in his face that his car isnt that fast.....