War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Impy vs. Orange RSX type-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by molten slushbox
sup

it was me..lol

i shut down at 100 so the third car may have just been u still goin

anyways i have intake/test pipe...stock exhaust. i had my gf with me and a bunch of stuff in the back of my car so id like a rematch when ur free...maybe after i throw on my race header

good kill though glad ur still high off it
Where you at on long Island. I'm always looking for a good run.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
im in middle island, my cousin lives in center moriches. U know Kirk Weiss? His fam owns a large green house business? Anyway if u wanna race one day on the weekend u gotta come out to me lol. But beware I have driver mod.
u miss my first post?

rematch
Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
Have a message for you wanna be an STi driver.

You show me an S2k stock running 13's and I won't show you a **** slap

S2k's DO NOT pull on cobalts. I raced one with intake exhaust from a 10 roll.

He insisted on a 10 roll because his V-tak works best like that or something.

He pulled 1.5 cars on the start, I'm on snow tires wich makes 1st gear even more useless.

He was 1 car ahead at 120 shut down, I had a passenger and he was alone.

I have stage 2, thats it, no exhaust, no intake.

I have ruined Rsx-s's bad when I was stock, and a Guy w/ a new SI turbo is heasitant to race his car that costs him 27 grand against my little cobalt. Turbo doesnt mean the car is amazing.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=312641&st=25# First one I found. There are many others.

I drive an STI no wanna be about it.

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
To answer your question yes.

I have stage II, GM dual pass intercooler mod, GMP manifold, GMP Exhaust, CAI, drivers mod and real good tires =D. I would be willing to make a 500 dollar bet I ran a low 13 sec pass at Maple Grove Raceway here in PA. You wouldn't make the bet though because I'm sure if anyone here would know you irl the taste would get smacked outta your mouth. Mr. Know it all, S2k running 13s stock lol.
about 13s ^^^^

And where are your slips???

Last edited by STI>>>SS/SC; 01-31-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 PM

Here, here and just last week i was looking at road and track and in the back they had a huge list of cars and all the stats on them. And the s2000's 1/4 mile time was 13.9. Also in person saw a friend of mine run 13s in his stock s2000. Im not saying that a stock cobalt couldnt beat one but a stock s2000 can run 13s with a good driver.

And yea im the wannabe get it straight.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

Hell, 2006 Honda S2000 5.5 14.0 (C&D May '06)

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

you guys telling me nobody in the world could knock off .1 of a MAG time.

Originally Posted by STIwannabe
Here, here and just last week i was looking at road and track and in the back they had a huge list of cars and all the stats on them. And the s2000's 1/4 mile time was 13.9. Also in person saw a friend of mine run 13s in his stock s2000. Im not saying that a stock cobalt couldnt beat one but a stock s2000 can run 13s with a good driver.

And yea im the wannabe get it straight.
Thank you.

Last edited by STI>>>SS/SC; 01-31-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM

lol what does this have to do w/ s2000s

but stock for stock an s2000 should be faster then an SS
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM

My best friend has an 04 s2000, (AP2) and his BEST run stock was a 14.28, now it has Spoon Intake, Exhaust, Header, ECU, Engine torque damp. and ALL suspension/traction components, and is running LOW 13's all motor. his old rxs-s ran low 14's modded the same way.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

THIS IS NOT A S2000 thread AHHHH.. THIS IS PRAISE IMPY FOR PWNING A SUXOR TYPE S!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

THIS IS NOT A S2000 thread AHHHH.. THIS IS PRAISE IMPY FOR PWNING A SUXOR TYPE S!!!
Wow, the guy says good race to you and wants a rematch and you talk ****. A lot of class as always from the Cobalt Community.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Yea man. The guy took the time to join this site basically just to find you, and you disrespect him. Pardon my french but you're acting like an assclown.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

sup

it was me..lol

i shut down at 100 so the third car may have just been u still goin

anyways i have intake/test pipe...stock exhaust. i had my gf with me and a bunch of stuff in the back of my car so id like a rematch when ur free...maybe after i throw on my race header

good kill though glad ur still high off it
hey im sorry dude...i stop reading most of the thread cuz everyone was talkin **** about other cars...i never talk like this "THIS IS NOT A S2000 thread AHHHH.. THIS IS PRAISE IMPY FOR PWNING A SUXOR TYPE S!!!" if you read any of my posts. If i would hav known u joined i wouldn't have said that cuz im not hear to offend people. Haha i guess my license plate works good. That's were u got the site from right? It was a fun race. Oh also I have 2 12's in a huge bandpass box in the trunk along with tons of garbage and tools lol. But i'd be down for a rematch for sure. Oh also, I rolled down my window to say good race but it seemed like u didn't see me. again disregard the suxor bullshit cuz i was only messin around im not like that lol. where u from anyway?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 PM

yeah we were giving u thumbs up, but i guess u couldn't see..lol

im from mt. sinai...right around where we were

and don't worry about the **** talking...ive done more then my fair share of internet **** talkin...lol

i guess even with me alone its gonna be hard to tie you w/ 223whp my car w/ intake and RH has been known to make 200whp, but idk how much difference there is between the test pipe and race header...people say a lot, but idk

we'll see though
Old 01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

yeah we were giving u thumbs up, but i guess u couldn't see..lol

im from mt. sinai...right around where we were

and don't worry about the **** talking...ive done more then my fair share of internet **** talkin...lol

i guess even with me alone its gonna be hard to tie you w/ 223whp my car w/ intake and RH has been known to make 200whp, but idk how much difference there is between the test pipe and race header...people say a lot, but idk

we'll see though
keep in mind that was on regular gas. When i went to fill up before getting a dyno the douche put in regular instead of 93. The only reason i know this is my friend overheard me say premium wasn't that bad at wutev price it was atm and he said that the guy filled me up with regular lol. I'm sure it wouldnt be that much of a difference but our cars are know to dyno very well stock. thanks for the thumbs up lol. Did u get the website from my license plate. How does it look at nite by the way?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 PM

lol yeah thats where i got the site

does it really sound like I have exhaust?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:56 PM

Well, I must say. I was about to jump in here and continue my rebuttle towards STI>>>SS/SC and how he should get banned once again for ruining yet another good thread, but it seems that we have a nice conversation going on here.

It's cool to see that ya'll are talking like true enthusiasts like this. I have met many people out messin around on the streets such as ya'll. Hey Molten, you wanna know what kind of numbers your puttin down?? We are having a dyno day in Toms River at Tune Time on the 25th of Feb. There is a thread about it if your interested.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Banned

um honestly im not %100 maybe it was just the intake i mainly heard...itz hard to tell trying to listen over my exhaust..not to boast but u prolly know itz loud lol....i had that plate on my stang when they first came out so i figured wut the hell...i'll promote the site lol

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Well, I must say. I was about to jump in here and continue my rebuttle towards STI>>>SS/SC and how he should get banned once again for ruining yet another good thread, but it seems that we have a nice conversation going on here.

It's cool to see that ya'll are talking like true enthusiasts like this. I have met many people out messin around on the streets such as ya'll. Hey Molten, you wanna know what kind of numbers your puttin down?? We are having a dyno day in Toms River at Tune Time on the 25th of Feb. There is a thread about it if your interested.
fanatik yeah itz pretty chill indeed...i can't count how many people ive raced either won or lost and they just go off like dicks or give the finger etc. itz pretty funny because he got the site from my license plate which has an led screen on it...it says "It's all about the bowtie....cobaltss.net" i'm gonna post a quick vid just for shitz n gigglz to show it but it's nice to have motor heads come on the site.

Last edited by impulseballer; 01-31-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2007, 12:03 AM

I agree, there is definitely a difference between someone coming on the site to meet the guy/gal they raced and talk like adults, and trolls comin on here to talk trash. Which it seems to be what certain people have been doing lately, not gonna say any names (STI>>>SS/SC) LOL..

It's also funny when people try to tell you that you don't know anything about the car that you drive and have studied and worked on. Anywayz...That's a cool and quite original way to rep the site, and if you're hittin up the dyno day, I look forward to seein it.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it when people tell you that your car is rated 205, so its only pushing 180 to the wheels.

that one is pretty common.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
I love it when people tell you that your car is rated 205, so its only pushing 180 to the wheels.

that one is pretty common.
thatz great...i had some kid in a mazda speed tell me that....then i proved he was wrong lol
Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 AM

hey man i threw on my race header...pretty major difference...idk if its enough but it should at least be more interesting...tell me when ur ready to try again
Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

haha iight...u can catch me going down 83 almost every weekday nite at around 9:10 or so....oh also lol i gotta rotate my tires before I race anyone lol...they are pretty bald and i spin way too much in second
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 AM

So how much do we actually put to the wheels in horsepower?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OverDrive07
So how much do we actually put to the wheels in horsepower?
each car is uniqe...there have been SS's putting down over 230 whp stock
Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 AM

i think most are in the 210-215 range from what ive heard

and as for traction, i have winter tires on. since the race header if i punch it in 1st around 5k they just let go and spin into 3rd or so. i think if we are gonna try to go from a stop i better throw my stock tires on or wait until summer...lol

i guess ill go do a few laps on 83 if i get the urge..lol...ull be heading north right
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

Yeah and they were never backed up on another dyno.

Quick Reply: Impy vs. Orange RSX type-S