War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Just got roasted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07BlackCobalt-LS
Nah these losers always flame anyone who spent less money their stupid ass's. They are pissed that people with "slower" cars are getting decent kills. And alot of people are mad that GM stated the 2.2 block is the best block they made and thats why it was chosen as the platform in the AC Delco Cobalt.

You are exactly right. If you read the line I stated before I said, "I figured WTH lets see what a lightly modded GT on street tires can do."

I just wanted to compare them. I had no intentions of beating him. I have no misconception of how fast my car is and for the most part I only race cars in my class. This race was purely for fun and I had fun doing it. I am suprised he only pulled me 8 cars or so because hes got in the range of 320 - 330hp in a torquey rear wheel drive car.

I dont care that people want to flame me. But it wasnt like I was trying to win. Hell if I wanted to win I would just jump in the ******* Talon Im trying to buy and it wouldnt even be a race.

Talon vs 150shot GT
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=1497141
Ricer 101. When you lose say this car i'll have can beat the car i lost to.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:21 PM

ROFL say what you will but I helped build that car. Were building an exact replica of it atm and it will be mine just as soon as I finish saving. I just started a new job this week so I have only been putting aside about $200 a month towards the Talon. Total cost after build is $9500. Pure American Cobalt toy for daily driver and Pure American Talon for track rapeage... Meh its the best of both worlds. 2 cars I love. And most importantly both of them American built.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djt81185
WTF do u get ur info from...gm has never stated teh 2.2 block/head is the best ever. Infact in ecotec developemnt the 2.2 head is reaplced by the 2.0 lsj head and the block is replaced with a gmpp race unit...

and i think the 2.2 bashing comes from the fact that 2.2 owners seem to think their cars are unbeatable and ignore simple physics
i believe you and someone else i know think the same thing about your car.. **cough cough ws**

show me one person that said the 2.2 is unbeatable... if they did, they're an idiot... but i don't remember seeing that ever, and i waste a hell of a lot of time here...

saying that 2.2 owners think that is a very ignorant statment... there's no 2.4 owners that think that? there's no 2.0 owners that think that? there's no srt4 owners that think that? there's no civic owners that think that? every car group, regardless of make and model will have ignorant owners... why?? because PEOPLE are stupid... period.... has nothing to do with the car they drive... they were just as stupid before they bought it

it's the people like you that try to perpetuate false ideas about what people actually say and do.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
i believe you and someone else i know think the same thing about your car.. **cough cough ws**

show me one person that said the 2.2 is unbeatable... if they did, they're an idiot... but i don't remember seeing that ever, and i waste a hell of a lot of time here...

saying that 2.2 owners think that is a very ignorant statment... there's no 2.4 owners that think that? there's no 2.0 owners that think that? there's no srt4 owners that think that? there's no civic owners that think that? every car group, regardless of make and model will have ignorant owners... why?? because PEOPLE are stupid... period.... has nothing to do with the car they drive... they were just as stupid before they bought it

it's the people like you that try to perpetuate false ideas about what people actually say and do.
Seem to...this is a phrase that indicates a personal opinion of belief that was generalized from the attitude of a lot of owners from what i have seen on this board...see 2.2 a sports car? thread for examples. There are a lot of retards here.

I know my car is beatable...we run with a bunch of evos back home and most currently would take my lunch...but some i stay right with or beat. Things will change this winter.

I however have problems with people who deny basic physics... a 145 crank hp car vs a 200crank hp car...weight difference of prob what like 400 lbs......the mustang is gonna win manual to manual and auto to auto...RWD launch, more power, more tq. He was talking like he could beat any of em...from what i see he got lucky.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djt81185
Seem to...this is a phrase that indicates a personal opinion of belief that was generalized from the attitude of a lot of owners from what i have seen on this board...see 2.2 a sports car? thread for examples. There are a lot of retards here.

I know my car is beatable...we run with a bunch of evos back home and most currently would take my lunch...but some i stay right with or beat. Things will change this winter.

I however have problems with people who deny basic physics... a 145 crank hp car vs a 200crank hp car...weight difference of prob what like 400 lbs......the mustang is gonna win manual to manual and auto to auto...RWD launch, more power, more tq. He was talking like he could beat any of em...from what i see he got lucky.
yea, i'm with ya on that... i think it comes down to not really knowing much about cars, and for many people here the cobalt is a spead demon... they're comparing it to the bike they used to ride... or their mother who drives 25 mph on the highway... so yea it SEEMS fast...

there was this joker on myspace who tried telling me his stock 2.2 does 140 no problem!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

ROFL say what you will but I helped build that car. Were building an exact replica of it atm and it will be mine just as soon as I finish saving. I just started a new job this week so I have only been putting aside about $200 a month towards the Talon. Total cost after build is $9500. Pure American Cobalt toy for daily driver and Pure American Talon for track rapeage... Meh its the best of both worlds. 2 cars I love. And most importantly both of them American built.
Your link doesn't work.

American built Talon??? I am assuming your Talon is powered by a 4g63 what is American about that?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by the1&only
Your link doesn't work.

American built Talon??? I am assuming your Talon is powered by a 4g63 what is American about that?
He's gonna garage it right next to his 100% domestic Plymouth Laser
Old 12-14-2006, 06:54 PM

haha i love this. two idiots with 2.2's think their car's are amazingly fast when they aren't. my car isn't fast. i know that, but it is faster than a 2.2. 210hp vs what 145-150? 240 ft lbs vs what 150? the extra couple hundred pounds is NOT going to overcome a good 60-70hp and probably close to 100 ft lbs. no way in hell. This is a joke. this is like me talking **** about a late 90's cobra....i respect the 2.2, the 2.4, and the 2.0. they are all very good cars for the money, but come on you two. you are driving a purely economical car that usually runs low 16's or high 15's vs a slightly sporty car that runs low 15's or high 14's. Most of the people on this site are great, but this **** reminds me of that guy a while back saying a gallardo backed down because he got frightened after him seeing him run his ss/sc a few times. BAHAHAHA! welcome to the world of civics, where the snozzberries taste like snozzberries, and some cobalt owners taste like v-tec.

i'd like to see pics of this "all american" talon.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by TexasTieaga
That's why I almost went to jail behind a heavily modded LS2. I never thought I'd see the day where I got flamed. Sorry for just talking about my own personal experiences. I've raced 2 v6 stangs (autos) and owned them. Now true, the newest ones walked me everytime, but I know what I've done. Like I said, I consider myself damn good of a driver in the first place because according to the s/c guys, I should've gotten owned when I didn't. Then they just say that the other guy was a bad driver. BULLSHYT!!! The SS's bash the 2.2's so hard it's rediculous. And if you think I'm raising the BS flag on my driving, check some of my posts and let me inform you I was getting HARD 2nd gear scratches off 99 Chevy Tracker with upgraded and sticky Khumo tires. Flame me if you want, I don't care. Because I know what I've done. The REALLEST ***** you'll ever meet... 1.
you probably aren't even black are you? WAAAAANGSSSSSTTTTTTERRRRR. go listen to eminem.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 PM

What were you thinking??? You can't even closely hang with a stock GT. Try a v6 and you'll have to stop because you'll be laughing too hard to pull another 2 lengths on him after the first 3 times in the same race. Lol...
A cobalt LS will not take out a V6 stang. Now ans SS/SC w/stage 2. It can hang with an 8 banger stang
Old 12-14-2006, 07:53 PM

I think racing a Mustang GT in a 2.2 is laughable. This thread sucks.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:00 PM

And if you think I'm raising the BS flag on my driving, check some of my posts and let me inform you I was getting HARD 2nd gear scratches off 99 Chevy Tracker with upgraded and sticky Khumo tires.
Ummm... spinning the tires is bad. It usually means you're either waiting too long to shift and your car is out of it's powerband when you shift and then you land IN the powerband afterward... or you're not shifting fast enough for your car to keep momentum and so the tires get 'jerked' back up to speed.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenhebe
A cobalt LS will not take out a V6 stang. Now ans SS/SC w/stage 2. It can hang with an 8 banger stang
what?? i took a few v8's in my 2.2... i had to let off at 80, couldn't see the guy in my rearview anymore
Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 PM

what?? i took a few v8's in my 2.2... i had to let off at 80, couldn't see the guy in my rearview anymore
did they have 200,000 miles on them, or were they driving in reverse? or were they just lacking a human driver?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
did they have 200,000 miles on them, or were they driving in reverse? or were they just lacking a human driver?
why, it still counts if they're not moving, right?

for anyone that didn't pick up the sarcasm, it was clearly a joke that i beat v8 stangs...
Old 12-14-2006, 08:43 PM

why, it still counts if they're not moving, right?

for anyone that didn't pick up the sarcasm, it was clearly a joke that i beat v8 stangs...

ok thank god. i actually respect you and i thought we had lost another one to the lambo killing club.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
ok thank god. i actually respect you and i thought we had lost another one to the lambo killing club.
haha, thanks man sarcasm just doesn't always work on the internet i guess
Old 12-14-2006, 09:33 PM

The difference is that the people you're attempting to "call out" on their so-called attitude have the results to back up what they say. If they beat a car, they beat a car, if they lose, they lose and they're upfront about it. They're not sitting there going "OMFGWTFBBBQ I beat teh Zooo6 Corvett" nor are they the types, unlike a good number of people on this site, that think their 2.2, 2.4, or 2.0 is untouchable.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alleycat58
The difference is that the people you're attempting to "call out" on their so-called attitude have the results to back up what they say. If they beat a car, they beat a car, if they lose, they lose and they're upfront about it. They're not sitting there going "OMFGWTFBBBQ I beat teh Zooo6 Corvett" nor are they the types, unlike a good number of people on this site, that think their 2.2, 2.4, or 2.0 is untouchable.
so what does that have to do with what I said, and how does that change anything?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 PM

Because you bold out the part of djt's post that says 2.2 owners seem to think their cars are unbeatable and proceed to make the statement that he and WSFrazier think the same thing about their cars. Which, first of all, has jack to do with this thread and second of all is an unfounded statement. It's like sitting in junior high school with the kid that has no better comeback than "Yeah, yeah, well, you do too. So there."
Old 12-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

Because you bold out the part of djt's post that says 2.2 owners seem to think their cars are unbeatable and proceed to make the statement that he and WSFrazier think the same thing about their cars. Which, first of all, has jack to do with this thread and second of all is an unfounded statement. It's like sitting in junior high school with the kid that has no better comeback than "Yeah, yeah, well, you do too. So there."
ummm... no it's not... it's not anything like that at all... if my comment had jack to do with this thread, then you're comment about my comment has even less to do with it...

you commented on my post the same way i commented on his post... so, why don't you try to take some of your own advice and stay out of it... miss elementary school grader person
Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Yeah i have yet to understand why these guys got so angry that I would race my brothers best friend. I mean I know the guy. I have for 8 years and hes like 2 years younger then me. Just cause he was a much more powerful car doesnt mean there is no reason to race. I tend to think Amateur Racing is for fun and entertainment. Not for winning sponsorships or making tons of money. Its not like I came on here saying wow I almost beat a Mustang GT. I came on here in title and said I GOT ROASTED!!!! I then stated how bad I got beat(7 car lengths in a 1/8th) and I also stated how I had fun. There is no reason tehre to be flamed. But again this site has turned into nothing but a bunch of haterade drinking mother ******* mixed in with a couple really cool people. Its just to bad Hack and Halfcent and the others dont warn/punish these people who are on here day after day only to hate on other cobalt owners. I thought we were here because we all loved our cars, and loved driving our cars. Guess I was wrong.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 AM

Yeah i have yet to understand why these guys got so angry that I would race my brothers best friend. I mean I know the guy. I have for 8 years and hes like 2 years younger then me. Just cause he was a much more powerful car doesnt mean there is no reason to race. I tend to think Amateur Racing is for fun and entertainment. Not for winning sponsorships or making tons of money. Its not like I came on here saying wow I almost beat a Mustang GT. I came on here in title and said I GOT ROASTED!!!! I then stated how bad I got beat(7 car lengths in a 1/8th) and I also stated how I had fun. There is no reason tehre to be flamed. But again this site has turned into nothing but a bunch of haterade drinking mother ******* mixed in with a couple really cool people. Its just to bad Hack and Halfcent and the others dont warn/punish these people who are on here day after day only to hate on other cobalt owners. I thought we were here because we all loved our cars, and loved driving our cars. Guess I was wrong.

or the people that hate on faster cars than their own and say how slow they are. namely, you.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 AM

ummm... no it's not... it's not anything like that at all... if my comment had jack to do with this thread, then you're comment about my comment has even less to do with it...

you commented on my post the same way i commented on his post... so, why don't you try to take some of your own advice and stay out of it... miss elementary school grader person
Wow. Really put me in my place, didn't ya. I love this site, gets more entertaining by the minute.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

Wow. Really put me in my place, didn't ya. I love this site, gets more entertaining by the minute.
i agree... you add to the entertainment as well!

but seriously, like in real life, just weed through the idiotic comments... you wouldn't be friends with a total idiot that has no idea what they're talking about, so why bother here with those same people... i probably shouldn't have made my comment, and i know that... i'm not a punk ass little kid, and i'm certainly not one of those people that thinks my car is unbeatable... i take it for what it's worth, and i love it.... that's about it

the downside to posting on an internet forum is that you can't hear someones tone, so it's sometimes very difficult to pick up sarcasm or a joke that you would have in real life, so things get taken the wrong way...

Quick Reply: Just got roasted!!!