War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Just got roasted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasTieaga
You my friend are an over zealous jackass. Prepare for Texas to kick your ass shortly.

you wanna e-fight? don't internet punch me OH NO!

i do apologize for the black comment, i just assumed because usually people that say that kinda stuff are not even black and think they are bad ass saying ni__a. other than that, **** YOU BUDDY!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Are you actually trembling mad because someone said "Texas" was gunna kick your ass over the net???
Old 12-15-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by TexasTieaga
Are you actually trembling mad because someone said "Texas" was gunna kick your ass over the net???
man wtf are you rambling about?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
you wanna e-fight? don't internet punch me OH NO!

i do apologize for the black comment, i just assumed because usually people that say that kinda stuff are not even black and think they are bad ass saying ni__a. other than that, **** YOU BUDDY!

i see a mustang listed in your sig
http://www.mustangforums.com/
heres a great spot for you to go and stay
Old 12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07BlackCobalt-LS
BTW D4, is your name Kevin? I seen someone named Kevin arguing with a guy from Canada on a different forum about doing 140 in a LS.
yes, that was me...

geeze, this thread is going downhill, huh
Old 12-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Can we get a mod to lock up this little bitch-fest? It's just back and forth, wasting precious bandwidth...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM

Hack they wont give me a higher flash then 118 because I dont actually have the upgraded tire/wheel combo. Just my buddy is a tech at the local shop and gave me enough mph to not run out if I were to do a stupid highway race with one of the retard RSX or SE-R guys here who think they are tough **** cause they can beat me off the line with my stock ass tires. Spin Spin Spin gotta love it.

BTW I went to that little link you posted and all it is is a forum like this one where people put there own info into the database and it ranks them. Holy **** guess I better run over there and put my 12 second NA 2.2 in there. Oh wait thats right it would be bullshit just like the guy there with a 13 second 04 v6 with no mods listed. But there was a 06 V6 listed with slower times then I have run. Guess it does make the cars pretty close huh. Maybe a drivers race.

I also checked out that video and it clearly shows the camera car letting off the gas almost immediatly to let the guy video the 2 mustangs. Doesnt really seem like a race to me. And we have no clue if those were stock or modded stangs. Video doesnt mean ****.

To D4 ahh thats cool. Seemed like a hell of a coincidence so i knew it had to be you. Ahh yes the thread is way out of control. But this forum has become useless to me anyways. At this point there is nothing new I am learning about the cobalt other then so many people hate us they are infesting these boards just to ridicule us. I think I will stick to my local forum. Its the one that really matters anyhow. People with real street dragsters who I have been hanging with forever. We are the ones sponsoring the Texas Winternationals Nations Fastest Street Challenge In February I think it is. Got teams from Cali, Indiana, Oklahoma, and New York coming down to try and claim the title that texas won last year thanks to some of my buddies. Pot is gonna be around $5000 this year and its a $100 buy in. the .NET boys gonna bring down their Mustang, and the Southern Cali Muscle Club supposedly have a mean Charger they wanna open up. But I think Elky in his El Camino or Whiteboy in his 240Z gonna win. Both are streetable 7 second cars.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM

BTW your little Car and DDriver comparison why are you comparing your car to a 05 4 door automatic? We are talking about the 07 LS Coupe. First off which in itself is faster even then teh 05 and 06 LS and secondly is hella faster then the 4dr sedan. All my 07 had was a Ingalls TD, RP Tranny Fluid, Open Intake, Custom exhaust self built, and I took the head and had it cleaned up and polished. I payed $10,995 for the car and put maybe $700 into it since then and I ran a best of 15.100 at 91.77mph. Theres a big difference between my personal car and the 4dr automatic sedan C&D tested.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:46 PM

and there is a big difference between my car and the base auto they tested. my car is a good deal faster. the 2.2 did not let off the gas almost immediately, he ran it thru the first few gears and was WAY behind. The yellow one on the far end let off almost immediately. both of them are members here, and can vouche for me that all i have is a muffler and the other stang is a stock auto. a drivers race? i consider a drivers race when two cars are so close that it is anyone's game even if both cars are driven well. that MIGHT be so with a 2.4 stick vs a s197 v6 stick. You have ported and polished heads, along with bolt ons and you are running what stock 4.0's run, sticks getting even faster times. you are arguing a stupid point, it is a fact that the 4.0 is a quicker car. I will race any 2.2 in my area and they can video tape and post it here anytime, just contact me. 2.2= high 15 second car with the usual driver (you seem to be a VERY good driver cutting a 2.0 60 foot in a fwd car with that amount of power, unless you are running dr's...are you?). 4.0= low 15/high 14 second car. sure on the street a 2.2 could take a 4.0, but not without MAJOR 4.0 driver error. you are the fastest 2.2 on this site i think (not sure, but you are the fastest i have seen) and you are running a time that is extremely common for stock 4.0's). modded there are MANY running mid 14's with a hand full running low 14's with just bolt ons. All of those times on that site are backed up with slips. you talk about people coming to talk trash about the cobalt? I have been on this site much longer than you have and have had very little problems with anyone, but when you start talking **** with no facts to back it up (you even admitted you have never raced a 4.0 while i have raced numerous 2.2's) of course people are gonna come back at you.

i didn't come in here to argue, but you start talking **** about a car when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and you are gonna get a reaction.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 PM

You keep forgetting that while everyone assumed i was talking about the 4.0 V6 I have never raced one and wether I was clear or not I was talking about the 80's - 2003 V6. Even you ahve to admit those models were dogs. I drove one and compared to the similar Camaro v6 my buddy drives it felt like a boat with a weedeater motor. Of course a modded 4.0L V6 is gonna beat me but I would put money that I could hang with if not beat a stock one. And the point is Im still cheaper. Much Much Much cheaper. I dont even really like the argument about My car can be faster for less money but I just have to say the $700 I have into my car outside of normal Payments easily makes up for the difference in price in my mind. Just think, when I get a half decent Header, the custom raim air setup Im trying to design, and a HPTuner tune I would put money I can break my 2.2 into teh 14's. And still be under 14k.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 PM

And no I dont have drag radials. That time was run on my buddys Volk Racing 16's with Nitto 555R's. And I also need to get a short throw shifter bad because when you can mentally detect the lag in a shift due to throw reach there is time yet to be shaved on the track.

Also 1/8th mile races suck for our car since I believe but could very well be wrong that our 1 to 1 gear is 4th gear isnt it? Thats where our car makes most of its power? Isnt the older v6 Mustang have a 3rd gear 1 to 1? Which gives tehm advantage in 1/8th mile street races? And if they cant win then theres no way they will gain in a 1/4 when we are in our powerband gear.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:34 PM

This is pure speculation on my part I ahvent had a chance to look up the facts. Please let me know if Im wrong on the 1 to 1's.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:19 PM

I happen to know that my 2.2 feels very strong considering its power when I'm in the 3rd gear powerband. When racing the 2 stangs I've raced it was from a roll of 40 an 45, 2nd gets the jump and then 3rd just powers on to keep the competition off me and also pull a lil. But the first time I raced an early 2000 something v6 stang it was rediculous. And yes they knew I was racing them cuz I'd slow down and they had picked up considerable speed.
Hack they wont give me a higher flash then 118 because I dont actually have the upgraded tire/wheel combo. Just my buddy is a tech at the local shop and gave me enough mph to not run out if I were to do a stupid highway race with one of the retard RSX or SE-R guys here who think they are tough **** cause they can beat me off the line with my stock ass tires. Spin Spin Spin gotta love it.

BTW I went to that little link you posted and all it is is a forum like this one where people put there own info into the database and it ranks them. Holy **** guess I better run over there and put my 12 second NA 2.2 in there. Oh wait thats right it would be bullshit just like the guy there with a 13 second 04 v6 with no mods listed. But there was a 06 V6 listed with slower times then I have run. Guess it does make the cars pretty close huh. Maybe a drivers race.

I also checked out that video and it clearly shows the camera car letting off the gas almost immediatly to let the guy video the 2 mustangs. Doesnt really seem like a race to me. And we have no clue if those were stock or modded stangs. Video doesnt mean ****.

To D4 ahh thats cool. Seemed like a hell of a coincidence so i knew it had to be you. Ahh yes the thread is way out of control. But this forum has become useless to me anyways. At this point there is nothing new I am learning about the cobalt other then so many people hate us they are infesting these boards just to ridicule us. I think I will stick to my local forum. Its the one that really matters anyhow. People with real street dragsters who I have been hanging with forever. We are the ones sponsoring the Texas Winternationals Nations Fastest Street Challenge In February I think it is. Got teams from Cali, Indiana, Oklahoma, and New York coming down to try and claim the title that texas won last year thanks to some of my buddies. Pot is gonna be around $5000 this year and its a $100 buy in. the .NET boys gonna bring down their Mustang, and the Southern Cali Muscle Club supposedly have a mean Charger they wanna open up. But I think Elky in his El Camino or Whiteboy in his 240Z gonna win. Both are streetable 7 second cars.
Where in Texas is this going to be located???
Old 12-16-2006, 02:30 PM

Keep thinking it's a drivers race...times, slips, video, plain common sense...nothing can convince you the current v6 is quite a bit quicker then the LS it seems. You say all the times owners posted are fake, blah blah...well wheres your proof of that 15.1? The times i posted are all in the same areas, the stock ones, the modded ones etc...a 15.1 is like a half a sec or more better then any other Cobalt LS time i've ever seen. Like i said, that's a time few 2.4's can run...you must be the greatest driver ever.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by jercho73
Keep thinking it's a drivers race...times, slips, video, plain common sense...nothing can convince you the current v6 is quite a bit quicker then the LS it seems. You say all the times owners posted are fake, blah blah...well wheres your proof of that 15.1? The times i posted are all in the same areas, the stock ones, the modded ones etc...a 15.1 is like a half a sec or more better then any other Cobalt LS time i've ever seen. Like i said, that's a time few 2.4's can run...you must be the greatest driver ever.
i've just stopped arguing with him. he wouldn't even beleive it if i raced him with 200 witnesses, a video tape, and on live tv that the 4.0 is quicker. He has ported and polished heads along with bolt ons and just makes stock 4.0 AUTOMATIC times, yet he calls it a drivers race between a stock 2.2 and stock 4.0 . with p&p heads i can garuntee 4.0's would be in the 13's if it had bolt ons and proper suspension work. Hell fazm ran, what a 14.1 with bolt ons on street tires? boss 244 ran a 14.2 or something like that with bolt ons....we haven't been given the exact info yet, but there are only two 4.0's on the forums that we know have heads, one of them can not release exact numbers yet because he is under contract, but he said it is well over 20rwhp+ and the other, flapjack, is procharged and put down 364rwhp BEFORE heads and cams on the stock block, daily driven, so he is most likely well over 400rwhp. 2.2 vs 4.0 is like 2.4 vs ss/sc....sure it could win, but it is very unlikely, and the ss/sc is definately the faster car.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:58 PM

i've just stopped arguing with him. he wouldn't even beleive it if i raced him with 200 witnesses, a video tape, and on live tv that the 4.0 is quicker. He has ported and polished heads along with bolt ons and just makes stock 4.0 AUTOMATIC times, yet he calls it a drivers race between a stock 2.2 and stock 4.0 . with p&p heads i can garuntee 4.0's would be in the 13's if it had bolt ons and proper suspension work. Hell fazm ran, what a 14.1 with bolt ons on street tires? boss 244 ran a 14.2 or something like that with bolt ons....we haven't been given the exact info yet, but there are only two 4.0's on the forums that we know have heads, one of them can not release exact numbers yet because he is under contract, but he said it is well over 20rwhp+ and the other, flapjack, is procharged and put down 364rwhp BEFORE heads and cams on the stock block, daily driven, so he is most likely well over 400rwhp. 2.2 vs 4.0 is like 2.4 vs ss/sc....sure it could win, but it is very unlikely, and the ss/sc is definately the faster car.
Yeah, i think this is a lost cause...unless Jesus resurects and tells him first hand, i don't think he'd believe any proof of 4.0 times. The thing is he contradicts himself, first he says it's a drivers race, then in one post he's saying he never implied he ran a 4.0, and that he'd lose to a 4.0, and yet in later he's back to calling it a drivers race again I dunno....I'm used to people talking all kinds of crap and being totally ignorant of what the 4.0 v6 can do, but this just gets me.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:15 PM

guys with no lives...reminds me of honda drivers...oops was that a stab?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 PM

Any v6 Mustang from the early 80's up to 2002 or 2003, a bone stock LS any bone stock LS 5 speed with a average driver will beat it.
Umm... nope.

My slower than stock '00 5-speed V6 Mustang went 15.5 @ 90 w/ a crappy 2.331 60'... my first time EVER to the track. So, considering that I've only heard of a couple 2.2's that would run with that, I'd have to say that your claim is false.

Now, let's say I was experienced enough to run the low 2.2 60's that I run now... then I'd be running 15.3's or so. "Any LS"?... don't think so.

Or how about Evan Smith, editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine, who took the spare tire out of a '99 5-speed V6 Mustang and ran a 14.94. Let me know when a bone stock 2.2 breaks into the 14's. I won't be holding my breath on that. You can even take out the spare tire if you want

So, might want to do little homework before you make a statement like that next time.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Umm... nope.

My slower than stock '00 5-speed V6 Mustang went 15.5 @ 90 w/ a crappy 2.331 60'... my first time EVER to the track. So, considering that I've only heard of a couple 2.2's that would run with that, I'd have to say that your claim is false.

Now, let's say I was experienced enough to run the low 2.2 60's that I run now... then I'd be running 15.3's or so. "Any LS"?... don't think so.

Or how about Evan Smith, editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine, who took the spare tire out of a '99 5-speed V6 Mustang and ran a 14.94. Let me know when a bone stock 2.2 breaks into the 14's. I won't be holding my breath on that. You can even take out the spare tire if you want

So, might want to do little homework before you make a statement like that next time.
PWNED!
Old 12-17-2006, 03:36 PM

I'll race a v6 stang
Old 12-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
I'll race a v6 stang
alright, we can arrange that. you on juice vs a v6 stang on the same shot. mid 13's on a 75 shot FTW. stock and mod for mod a 4.0 IS faster than a 2.2
Old 12-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hell, i have a 2.4 and i lost a quickie to a V6 stang. admittedly, it wasn't on a real strip, so i don't count it as official AND i'm not a great driver, but at the very least, the superior launch ability of rear drive is going to kill us.

a 30-70 test, it may be closer, but off the line, i lost some ground and never got it back.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:26 PM

I just gave up on this thread. It's a lost cause. Oh, and Joeworkstoohard, a 30-70 run would be a better race. 2nd to 3rd is my favorite type of run in the ls because 2nd is strong and 3rd carries the momentum pretty well.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 PM

alright, we can arrange that. you on juice vs a v6 stang on the same shot. mid 13's on a 75 shot FTW. stock and mod for mod a 4.0 IS faster than a 2.2
but in real life we don't race mod for mod...run whatcha brung!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
but in real life we don't race mod for mod...run whatcha brung!

well the only 4.0 from the forums that i can think of that lives in az is fazm, and he runs 14.2's with bolt ons.

Quick Reply: Just got roasted!!!