War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

kills last night in guam

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 05:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kills last night in guam

alright, i got a good story for ya. last night i went to the local hang out spot, paseo, here on guam. i was chilling with some friends for a while and i finally started to get restless. a silver 03-04 rsx type-s goes rolling by and i try to make haste to catch up to him as he leaves. unfortunately i didn't get my fold out chairs thrown in the trunk in time. dammit, i really wanted to race him. i haven't raced a type-s yet. it looked stock too. oh well. i was hangin out for a little longer and then an '05 rsx comes rolling through. I thought, "money!". so i jump in the RA real quick and go the other way out to head him off. i get behind him at a red light taking a left. my heart is racing because i know there is no way i even stand a chance. my palms started to sweat. i was eager to race. he pulls out then goes to take a left at the next red light. i knew my chance was coming up. there was a straightaway on this next road with a couple of stop lights. all i could tell he had done was a muffler or maybe exhaust. i knew then i'd have to go from a stop or a very slow roll. he pulls up to the next light and i pull up beside him. i look over too see it was a local. i give it a little rev to see if he wants to play. he revs back. the light turned green and he didn't launch so i just rolled out slowly with him and then we both hit it simultaneously. i'm thinking, "oh **** here we go." to my surprise i pulled on him all the way throught 3rd for about a car and a half lead. then we came up to another red light. my heart was pounding. i can't believe i had actually won. i had defeated the odds of my getting my ass handed too me. it felt great!!! i told him he had a nice car and that it really screams. he said thanks and asked me if mine was the ralliart. i was like yea, bone stock. he said me too. we did the little thumbsup thing and went our seperate ways. i was high on life.

then on my way home i saw some friends sitting at a store not far from base, i pulled up and talked to them for a while. one of them has a '06 TC with injen cai, megan racing header, and injen exhaust. he asked me if i wanted to go. i was like sure. i was pretty confident that i was going to win. we pulled out with me getting high on another adrenaline rush. a stop light ahead of us went red and i knew this was it. the road was kind of ****ty on his side tho. it turned green and neither of us launched so i started to get kind of worried thinking he may get me from a roll. we both punch it at about 20 and i pulled like a bat outta hell!!! i was like, "oh hell yea, get that 2 door camry outta here!" lol. then he wanted to go again claiming it was the ****ty roads fault. same thing happened but we raced into 4th and he actually pulled back up to my rear wheels. that's it tho. i was extrememly happy. i thought for sure he would get me from a roll. but everytime i would instantly put a car on him and then continue a slow pull until 4th where he would pull back up to my rear wheels. i was impressed of the top end power he was making none the less. after that i went home seeing as how we were very close to the base.

hope you guys enjoy. by the way, my RA is bone stock, just got the oil changed yesterday before all of this and i had the ecu reflashed. i haven't heard of anyone doing that but i know evo's and sti's pick up some ponies from a simple reflash. so i thought i would give it a shot and there is rumors about the ralliart getting a "nice set of *****" after the first oil change. believe it or not, but that worked numbers. i picked up a good amount of torque. hitting 2nd feels very powerful now and 3rd has a very strong pull now. just thought i'd add that.

cliff notes: beat a '05 rsx, not sure if it was type s or not, by a car and a half. beat a modded tc by about 3/4 car into middle of 4th.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good races man. Be safe out there.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:24 PM

what up man!? another diamond star fan!!!! sweet, thanks for the comment!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think it was a type S. The 05s type S are really fast. I raced one with intake, headers and exhaust and I was only able to pull like a fender on him. The non type S rsxs are running like 16s and probably so are you. So thats my guess. The TC good KILL!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:48 PM

well the tc pulled a 15.8@86 at the track the next day and i highly doubt a base rsx would see 15's at all! plus the rsx was shifting way sooner than i was. i hit 3rd and it wasn't long after that he hit 4th. i'm not saying rsx's are slow. but i'm not gonna say my ralliart is slow either. i've yet too lose to even a spec-v with injen cai, dc sports headers, and a full exhaust. so far i've won against all other cars considered in my class. (i.e. 2 spec-v's, numerous tC's, now an rsx, celica's) i think that is pretty respectable for my car.

Last edited by ralliartist; 12-10-2005 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot something