War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol

Just for ralliartist lol... THE RACES HAVEN'T TAKEN PLACE YET

Hey guys there might be a couple races coming up that i could win a good amount of cash off of. The first story...

Well the whole school is fairly familiar with how quick my car is compared to the other stuff in town... well a kid i know's step dad has a Daytona Charger R/T that is supposidly completely stock. Well whenever he talks about it somebody tells him i would beat it well... he told his step dad and now he want's to run me for $500 i was like... uh... alright haha he was supposed to race me last year around prom time well that never happened and back then is when i did my research on dragtimes.com the fastest stock one ran 13.9 or something like that so... not bad and i estimate low 14's with my altitude and it trapped 100, but as soon as i got done talking to him about it... i get stabbed in the back by my best friend and he say's "he's gonna smoke it and he know's it!" and show's him the 1/4 time comparision with a tune only ss/tc from drag times. So hopefully my douchebag of a friend didn't mess it up (remember he came to me about the race both times).

Just wanted to see how you guys thought i'd fair in that one Fully bolted/tuned LNFvs RT daytona charger stock. LOL i love when 35+ year olds pick on highschoolers

The second one is hilarious.

Today my buddy that was supposed to run this guy this last weekend confronted the kid cause he never showed up. Well him and his buddy are still sitting there talking **** and i'm minding my own business... then his buddy points to my car and looks and me and say's "i'll race that thing!" i said "with what?" him-"my cousons 2002 Cavilier that's suppercharged and pushes 1000psi" and just because of his supidity i said "yea i'll do it it's just a N/A 2.2 ls 5speed with a SS body on it i'll do it for $50"

Now... it pisses me off when people lie to me flat out and i know there doing it and they keep trying to push it on me so i had to end it at that what do you guys think... Same Cobalt vs "1000psi" supercharged Cavilier?

Thank's for reading, yes i'll check under the hood of the charger if i race it to make sure it's stock, but i thought you guys might get a kick outta this i'll make sure to push to make these races happen and have a vid of it.

Last edited by LE5_AJ; 01-18-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM

lol how old are you?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM

$500 bucks ha...that **** is not stock he knows you are young dum and full of *** as they say be careful check to mod first. Is this going to be a roll race or from a dig???
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM

^ oh don't worry i wouldve checked his car first and showed him my car and i'm not as dumb as people think

Originally Posted by sundevil07
lol how old are you?
lol i knew this would happen i'm going to be 18 in less then a month and just because i know where this is going... yes i paid for all of my part's and the extra $80 a month for what i traded my 2.4 in
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM

Thats good, youre very fortunate. Now, can you drive? Whats your best 1/4 mile time or is it goin to be a roll with the charger? Forget about the cavalier, kid will prolly key your car after you beat him
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by sundevil07
Thats good, youre very fortunate. Now, can you drive? Whats your best 1/4 mile time or is it goin to be a roll with the charger? Forget about the cavalier, kid will prolly key your car after you beat him
lol yea the cavy story was just funny i probably won't ever race it and i've only lost 3 digs and one was the GTO i raced and i beat him on one and the next i fucked up the other was an awd 3000GT and the kid was "6k dropping it" that i ended up catching and passing and the other was a Z28 Camaro (i was on rock and he went outta nowhere) sadly i haven't run the quarter because the closest one is 4 hours away (sadface)

but yea i know i'm pretty lucky though... the kid that had the 3000gt i beat put suposidly $100,000 of not his money in the car and most of it was in labor and he only did it cause i beat him when i was stock and i know this cause right after i beat him when we talked he said "yea i have an oil leak so i think i'm going to have the whole motor rebuild with 16g turbo's"
Old 01-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
100k into a 3000gt? i highly doubt that.

must be the same guy that said his cousins Cavy had 1000psi
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how bout a descriptive thread title next time so I don't waste my time reading something that hasn't happened.

Update this **** once you actually race one of those ****.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
100k into a 3000gt? i highly doubt that.

must be the same guy that said his cousins Cavy had 1000psi
exactly what i was wondering lol i know it wasn't cheap cause he had it in the shop for about 6 months and spent a good chunk of change to rent out the dyno shop for 3 day's to tune for E85 but idk about 100k

Originally Posted by ralliartist
how bout a descriptive thread title next time so I don't waste my time reading something that hasn't happened.

Update this **** once you actually race one of those ****.
sorry lol i will and i'll have vids i expect to put it on the charger if it is stock pretty good i have about 3 or so races coming and i'll vid them all in put them in here
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
. LOL i love when 35+ year olds pick on highschoolers.
He's "picking" on you? If many people in your town "know" how fast your car is, then I'd guess you either talk a lot or race a lot.
At any rate, what does age have to do with racing your car? If you're talking smack, then be prepared to back it up.

If this "news" made it to this 35+ yr old, maybe he's just out to run you for fun, or perhaps he's just out to teach you a "lesson". I know the young kids like to try and show up the older guys and talk chit all the time. I get it all the time at the local rice convention. Lots of nice guys there, and we've played on the roads some, but most of them don't bother with me any more.

Make damn sure if you run him, he hasn't done any extra work. The V8s respond fairly well to small mods and you don't want to get caught out there. With age comes wisdom.... usually.
Scott
Old 01-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by simpleman68
He's "picking" on you? If many people in your town "know" how fast your car is, then I'd guess you either talk a lot or race a lot.
At any rate, what does age have to do with racing your car? If you're talking smack, then be prepared to back it up.

If this "news" made it to this 35+ yr old, maybe he's just out to run you for fun, or perhaps he's just out to teach you a "lesson". I know the young kids like to try and show up the older guys and talk chit all the time. I get it all the time at the local rice convention. Lots of nice guys there, and we've played on the roads some, but most of them don't bother with me any more.

Make damn sure if you run him, he hasn't done any extra work. The V8s respond fairly well to small mods and you don't want to get caught out there. With age comes wisdom.... usually.
Scott
x2, he's not necessarily "picking" on you. I'd personally wanna run someone local to me who said they're car was very fast unless I knew for myself it had 500+hp. Back when I had tune only running 287whp I ran a Charger R/T from a 60 roll and it was no contest. The Charger was a good 5-7 cars back by 125-130. From a dig I'd expect him to get the jump on you but you should reel him in by the 1/8th mile mark.

If you run from a dig make sure you guys have a set distance to race, not just "we're gonna race from a dig." He could shut down just before you catch him and claim the win.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM

^thats the problem though he doesn't wanna do it for fun if he's putting down 500 dollars confidently thinking he's gonna blow me away

Scott
uh i was never the one talking said smack it was whenever he bragged to people about it the person (not me) said my car would beat it and that's the whole reason the guy wants to race me and it's deffinatly not for fun if the guy thinks he's taking 500 dollars from a 17year old in a race that's the guys goal is to make the other people shut up by showing them that he can push around a kid in a cobalt remember his son came to me telling me he wants to race for 500 or nothing. and i'm not one not to know my stuff if i don't know forsure i'm not gonna force it on someone like i know
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 PM

^thats the problem though he doesn't wanna do it for fun if he's putting down 500 dollars confidently thinking he's gonna blow me away

uh i was never the one talking said smack it was whenever he bragged to people about it the person (not me) said my car would beat it and that's the whole reason the guy wants to race me and it's deffinatly not for fun if the guy thinks he's taking 500 dollars from a 17year old in a race that's the guys goal is to make the other people shut up by showing them that he can push around a kid in a cobalt remember his son came to me telling me he wants to race for 500 or nothing. and i'm not one not to know my stuff if i don't know forsure i'm not gonna force it on someone like i know
You should seriously tell your friend to shut up btw. He's bragging about a car that's not even his and bringing you unwanted attention. I was talking to a C5 Vette owner once about running until he said his Vette was making around 600hp and I said "oh well I was thinking you were stock." Well my friend responds with "Well he's got a turbo!" ugh... I told him he needed to shut up right there on the spot.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
You should seriously tell your friend to shut up btw. He's bragging about a car that's not even his and bringing you unwanted attention. I was talking to a C5 Vette owner once about running until he said his Vette was making around 600hp and I said "oh well I was thinking you were stock." Well my friend responds with "Well he's got a turbo!" ugh... I told him he needed to shut up right there on the spot.
that's the problem with the idiots around here... they're arent even my friends cause the son (DJ is his name) i guess was braggin the charger up to some kid that idk who it is and they were using my car to talk crap and i'm the one getting **** on now and it's not even mine or my friends fault i know DJ better then the person talking crap lol
Old 01-19-2010, 09:01 PM

oh Just make sure the guy with the Charger pops his hood before the race. I'm suspecting a procharger or full bolt-ons.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
oh Just make sure the guy with the Charger pops his hood before the race. I'm suspecting a procharger or full bolt-ons.
oh forsure i don't go into **** like this without having a plan lol i'm smarter then most people want to give me credit for
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 PM

Ahhh, the loud mouth "friend" I used to have some of them. That gets annoying if you don't want the extra attention. My car looks completely stock and the only way anyone could tell anything is by the exhaust note. I still have fun when guys ask about it. I tell 'em I have an intake and exhaust combo to give 'er a more aggressive sound. lol But, I don't run anyone for $$ and would never misrepresent what I'm bringing to race day.

Still sounds like you're taking this dude too personally. Don't sweat what anyone else thinks and offer to race him for $50 instead. Then, just do your usual checking his chit out and run whatcha brung.
Scott
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Ok, I am going to throw this out there and say Le5aj is an idiot and needs to find something else to do other then sit on the car boards trying to look for appreciation towards his first quick car. You know how I know this? I will point this out...

First, the whole going to race, my dad said, i'm 18 bit.

Second, that part where you estimate your 1/4 time and trap with an adjustment to altitude.

And third, just the fact that you believe (yes that is I before E except after C) some kid dumped a 100k into his 3kgt just because some 18 year old HS kid beat him. If that 3kgt had anything more then 5k in the motor he would beat you let alone a 100k. Besides, if he had a 100k to blow he wouldn't be driving a 3kgt.

Do I need to recap?

Tyler

PS, I wouldn't even bother checking under the hood of that charger as I am sure you couldn't pick out a set of long tubes if they were in the back seat of your car, let alone a set of heads or a cam.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM

Ahhh, the loud mouth "friend" I used to have some of them. That gets annoying if you don't want the extra attention. My car looks completely stock and the only way anyone could tell anything is by the exhaust note. I still have fun when guys ask about it. I tell 'em I have an intake and exhaust combo to give 'er a more aggressive sound. lol But, I don't run anyone for $$ and would never misrepresent what I'm bringing to race day.

Still sounds like you're taking this dude too personally. Don't sweat what anyone else thinks and offer to race him for $50 instead. Then, just do your usual checking his chit out and run whatcha brung.
Scott
yea i wasn't gonna do it for 500 imo that's too much for one race

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Ok, I am going to throw this out there and say Le5aj is an idiot and needs to find something else to do other then sit on the car boards trying to look for appreciation towards his first quick car. You know how I know this? I will point this out...

First, the whole going to race, my dad said, i'm 18 bit.

Second, that part where you estimate your 1/4 time and trap with an adjustment to altitude.

And third, just the fact that you believe (yes that is I before E except after C) some kid dumped a 100k into his 3kgt just because some 18 year old HS kid beat him. If that 3kgt had anything more then 5k in the motor he would beat you let alone a 100k. Besides, if he had a 100k to blow he wouldn't be driving a 3kgt.

Do I need to recap?

Tyler

PS, I wouldn't even bother checking under the hood of that charger as I am sure you couldn't pick out a set of long tubes if they were in the back seat of your car, let alone a set of heads or a cam.

uh ok... belive what you want i never said i belived him that's just what the rumor is everytime i ask the guy what's done to it he won't tell me, and obviously theres a whole lot to do in western nebraska i mean i could go be like everyone else and go rope some goats ya know or i could milk some cows yea theres a whole lot to do here... you're just trying to get me all pissed off so i do look like an idiot and so what if i said were going to race i usually follow through with it and idk why anybody would post in the war stories on this site if all they're trying to do is get a "little appriciation" for their car i just thought i'd put it up here so other people could see what they compaired to in the real world not just using some 1/4 times and traps speeds i'm only doing it to guage what it would look like