War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Lost To A Civic....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost To A Civic....

I was down in new york over the weekend and I had a little race.........
I was on the BQE when a red civic pulled up beside me. He rev d up at me and i just laughed. it was a 2001 or so with a carbon fibre front enf and trunk lid. After he goes back and fourth a few times beside me i decided to gun it. I dropped down to second around 80km/h and I started slowly pulling on him but when I switched to third...he flew by me pretty good. I was suprised. He must have had some serios work done.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM

Do you have a ss/sc or a 2.2?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:54 PM

It is a supercharged. 07...it is stock for now.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 PM

He most likely had a h22 motor swap with a good sized turbo or a big shot of nitrous.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
He most likely had a h22 motor swap with a good sized turbo or a big shot of nitrous.
I don't know if his mods were that serious...it sounded nice though not...ricey. Lol. The carbon fibre looked nice to so he was nto afraid to sepnd money. Think a rsx with a few bolt ons could do it?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
????

Why do you assume a H22???
Old 01-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 5150SS/SC
????

Why do you assume a H22???
agreed. It could of been anything, there's millions of parts for those damn things. My brothers civic has a swapped b18 ls vtec motor in it, no turbo or nitrous, and it wooped on me when i was stock.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:14 PM

i dont think it whould of been a h22 cause h22s ar kinda hard to turbo from wat my friend said it is prob a b searies motor.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Well whatever it was it sucked. Lol. I laughed then got whopped, Damn
Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by poppagun
i dont think it whould of been a h22 cause h22s ar kinda hard to turbo from wat my friend said it is prob a b searies motor.
It could have been any Honda motor and it could have been turbo/supercharged, nitroused, or just built.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
geez, how gay is it that you have to swap a motor and add a turbo to beat a stock ss/sc. Is it even fair to say you raced a civic when people start putting integra engines in a small bodied civic. IDK, i just think its funny when civic owners state all kinds of mods and then they can beat me.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
geez, how gay is it that you have to swap a motor and add a turbo to beat a stock ss/sc. Is it even fair to say you raced a civic when people start putting integra engines in a small bodied civic. IDK, i just think its funny when civic owners state all kinds of mods and then they can beat me.
Somebody educate this guy please.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Quicksilver83

this is a VERY ignorant statement... so why mod a car and then race?? shoudl you only say you beat a car if you're stock? it shouldn't matter if you are stock or modified... what's the difference?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Modified cars racing modified cars = fun and excitement. You never know what that civic or other car has lurking under the hood. I've raced some civics and seen some civics that would tear the ***** from a modded SS/SC. I've also spanked a lot of modded civics in my SS/SC as well. That engine swapped civic by the way probably had a lot less of a price tag as well, so I wouldn't be hating on it. Obviously it did what the builder intended it to do, and that was to beat the car he was racing. Either way, sounds like it was a good time and taught a good lesson as well.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM

no worries you cant win them all
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Wow. I'm surprised that you SS/SC guys are taking this so well.
I guess the ones who don't know that the 2.0l Cobalt ISN'T god's gift to mankind haven't posted yet.

You should drop in Stage 2 mods and from how you told that race, it sounds like you could take him pretty easily.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Gonzo2007
Well whatever it was it sucked. Lol. I laughed then got whopped, Damn

Yeah. That's the most embarassing moment, when you laugh, and get your butt handed to you. Did he smirk at you when you pulled up next to him again?

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Modified cars racing modified cars = fun and excitement. You never know what that civic or other car has lurking under the hood. I've raced some civics and seen some civics that would tear the ***** from a modded SS/SC. I've also spanked a lot of modded civics in my SS/SC as well. That engine swapped civic by the way probably had a lot less of a price tag as well, so I wouldn't be hating on it. Obviously it did what the builder intended it to do, and that was to beat the car he was racing. Either way, sounds like it was a good time and taught a good lesson as well.
^^^ That indeed is the joy of modding. Well said.

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I guess the ones who don't know that the 2.0l Cobalt ISN'T god's gift to mankind haven't posted yet.

You should drop in Stage 2 mods and from how you told that race, it sounds like you could take him pretty easily.
Please don't generalize. That, exactly, is what keeps tension between the 2.2L's, 2.4L's, and 2.0L's. Not all SS/SC owners think their car is "god's gift". Most love their car and are proud they could buy one.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Yeah. That's the most embarassing moment, when you laugh, and get your butt handed to you. Did he smirk at you when you pulled up next to him again?
I don't think the OP could catch back up to him or had the ***** to look at him after laughing and then proceeding to get broke off.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy

lol down boy. I think my car kicks ass but will freely admit there are MANY cars stock or modded that make my cobalt look like a kid on a tricycle. So he lost to a heavily modded civic...a car with more and cheap parts available for it than any other car in the world. As long as that civic driver loves his ride and the work he has put into it, that's all that matters to a gearhead. ya win some, ya lose some, but for everyone but one person in the world, there is always a faster car out there.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtecduster
lol down boy. I think my car kicks ass but will freely admit there are MANY cars stock or modded that make my cobalt look like a kid on a tricycle. So he lost to a heavily modded civic...a car with more and cheap parts available for it than any other car in the world. As long as that civic driver loves his ride and the work he has put into it, that's all that matters to a gearhead. ya win some, ya lose some, but for everyone but one person in the world, there is always a faster car out there.
Why do you guys assume the civic was heavily modified???

Note motor swaps for Honda are easier than BBC swaps from SBCs.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:37 PM

lol thats what i hate about hondas. most are slow, but the fast ones sound and look EXACTLY the same as the slow ones. i raced a crx on the freeway once and i had no idea what i was getting myself into. looked like the usual ricer ya know big ol' spoiler and ****...well i revved at him and kinda pulled forward a bit and saw the big uh-oh...a HUGE intercooler. well needless to say we did a three honk and he was GONE.

whoever said "when you start swapping INTEGRA motors into hondas blah blah blah" if im not mistaken....the motors available in the integras were also available in hondas... modded vs modded = fair. modded vs stock = fair...you should know what you are getting into before you race and if you lose...the other car was faster or had a better driver, dont make excuses about mods not being fair because in all honesty...that guy probably spent half the money to build that car than you spent buying yours so run what you brung thats the only way to play fair.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:39 PM

I don't think the OP could catch back up to him or had the ***** to look at him after laughing and then proceeding to get broke off.

PWNT! lol

Originally Posted by vtecduster
Again, true.

Why do you guys assume the civic was heavily modified???

Note motor swaps for Honda are easier than BBC swaps from SBCs.

Some people consider a engine swap a decently heavy mod, because of the horsepower difference. Bottom line, to me at least, the guy lost as we all do at one time or another. A good lesson not to be arrogant.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
lol thats what i hate about hondas. most are slow, but the fast ones sound and look EXACTLY the same as the slow ones. i raced a crx on the freeway once and i had no idea what i was getting myself into. looked like the usual ricer ya know big ol' spoiler and ****...well i revved at him and kinda pulled forward a bit and saw the big uh-oh...a HUGE intercooler. well needless to say we did a three honk and he was GONE.

whoever said "when you start swapping INTEGRA motors into hondas blah blah blah" if im not mistaken....the motors available in the integras were also available in hondas... modded vs modded = fair. modded vs stock = fair...you should know what you are getting into before you race and if you lose...the other car was faster or had a better driver, dont make excuses about mods not being fair because in all honesty...that guy probably spent half the money to build that car than you spent buying yours so run what you brung thats the only way to play fair.
CRXs are dangerous IMO. They're one of the fastest accelerating cars out there. Though they have no side air bags and passive seat belts. LOL. I respect the CRXs.

Secondly, just as you said we need to stop making excuses for losses these days. If you lose, you lose, thats it. Because if it had been vice versa, and they beat a modded car they would be bragging a whole lot. Fair is Fair indeed. Well said.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:43 PM

lol whoever says an engine swap is not "heavily modded"....what do you consider heavily modded? i could swap the 5.0L cammer into my car and make 450hp all motor and run low 12's on street rubber....would you consider that heavily modded?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM

lol whoever says an engine swap is not "heavily modded"....what do you consider heavily modded? i could swap the 5.0L cammer into my car and make 450hp all motor and run low 12's on street rubber....would you consider that heavily modded?
NO way man, motor swaps are so easy I rank them right up there with oil changes and tire rotations, no heavy modding there.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM

I agree. To me an engine swap is a heavy mod.

Quick Reply: Lost To A Civic....