War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Lost To A Civic....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares he got beat. We all love our cars cuz there our cars and we will defend them forever if we all agreed on the fastest car and the coolest one what would be the point of racing modding cars or this forum?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Please don't generalize. That, exactly, is what keeps tension between the 2.2L's, 2.4L's, and 2.0L's. Not all SS/SC owners think their car is "god's gift". Most love their car and are proud they could buy one.[/QUOTE]

My quote "I guess the ones who don't know that the 2.0l Cobalt ISN'T god's gift to mankind haven't posted yet."

How is that generalizing? I CLEARLY left an out for the SS/SC owners who don't feel that way, by not posting about it.

I was pointing out that there are a RAMPANT number of SC owners on this site that antagonize, belittle, and condescend to anyone who doesn't own one. And they are violently territorial about the SS badge on the Cobalts. I was actually somewhat surprised that someone could post about losing a race in that car without being accused of actually being a 2.4l or 2.2l or that they suck as a driver.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:19 PM

in my opinion a motor swap in a honda/acura isnt even a major mod... not as low level as a intake per say, but i mean almost any honda trying to get somewhere does a motor swap... i mean around here if u are talkin about a honda, u ask what motor they got

speaking of which, if it was a 2001, it may have done a k series (rsx motor) swap which are becoming more and more common, and they bolt up with relative ease... that being said, all it needs is an intake exhaust and tune and they are easily low 14's or quicker, esp since that model civic are lighter than their rsx cousins and he had CF

just a thought
Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM

So was it a hatchback, I would assume. Not to sound like I am cocky, I know alot about Honda's. I would assume it was an EP(01 Civic Si). Most likely got rid of the K20z and swapped in a K20a. Without boost the K20z is kinda dead end motor. Prolly did all supporting mods, I/H/E Hondata, Cams, Springs and retainers. Easily a 13 second car, RSX's with those bolt-ons hit those numbers. You hear it cross-over? Good death, and to the person who said it had a H22 pure ignorance. B Series>H Series Dollar for dollar.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:57 PM

eh, if it was the last gen civic si, who gives a ****. that thing was the worst bang for buck honda ever produced. and it was ugly. mmmm yay throw si on a high 15/low 16 second car and they will buy it. that thing was a piece. if you are gonna swap motors you might as well buy an extremely cheap honda not the 20k si that sucked nads. that new one on the other hand has a k20a stock doesn't it? that one is basically an rsx-s with an lsd...that one's a good buy
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Whoever thinks motor swaps are easy needs to tlak to BDWarr.... I think his car is still giving him hell isnt it?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:15 PM

Bdwarr didn't swap his, he rebuilt it. Rebuilding is way harder than just swapping it in. I been through a few honda swaps in my day, its way easier than you think.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I was pointing out that there are a RAMPANT number of SC owners on this site that antagonize, belittle, and condescend to anyone who doesn't own one. And they are violently territorial about the SS badge on the Cobalts. I was actually somewhat surprised that someone could post about losing a race in that car without being accused of actually being a 2.4l or 2.2l or that they suck as a driver.
that is absolute bullshit.
there are very few people who are that bad, and those that are, are usually beatdown within minutes by OTHER SS/SC owners telling them to pull their head out of their ass.

im sick to death of this ****.
you wanna know the truth?
the only thing rampant here is owners of some trim levels having a little tall poppy syndrome, who love to see class distinctions where there arent any.

as usual, another thread where 2.0 owners get bashed FIRST for bashing 2.2/2.4 owners.....where no one was even talking about it.

GET OVER THE ******* TRIM LEVELS ALREADY.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM

It was actually a coupe. I assumed it was an si with an exhaust or something. I Guess I was wrong.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Must have sprayed, I don't know of any people that spend alot of money on coupes.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Anomaly actually you need to pull your head out of your ass. Almost every single thread in teh 2.2 and 2.4 section has numerous SS/SC owners tlaking down to us. Usually its something simple like if you wanna go fast shoudl of bought a SS/SC. Or the ever famous Even if you can get more hp for less moeny my SS/SC is still sexier. Or the why waste your time building the 2.2L, the 2.0 block is stronger.(completely bullshit btw) And last but not least the very commen Haha your in a 2.2 you couldnt beat a Honda. Those thigns are so slow.

People are getting tired of the **** these SS/SC ******** are talking all over this board. The problem is small ***** syndrome. They are worried someone will be able to compete with them with a supposedly inferior car. And its lame. I have a 2.2 Running times equal to and greater then most of the 2.4 guys on here. Im sure with teh same ammount of work a 2.4 could run with a 2.0. We are all in CObalts and all love our cars but the ******* bashing from the SS/SC guys needs to fuckign stop and stop soon.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:29 PM

There are always going to be nutswingers on this site, the SS/SC reminds me of SRT Forums.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
there are very few people who are that bad, and those that are, are usually beatdown within minutes by OTHER SS/SC owners telling them to pull their head out of their ass.

the only thing rampant here is owners of some trim levels having a little tall poppy syndrome, who love to see class distinctions where there arent any.

as usual, another thread where 2.0 owners get bashed FIRST for bashing 2.2/2.4 owners.....where no one was even talking about it.

You're entitled to your opinion. And I'm glad that you aren't one of the people that promotes the class distinction between the trims. But I have to disagree with you on one point. There are MORE the "very few" people on this site that own SS/SCs that treat the other cobalt owners like crap. As anyone who DOESN'T own an SC and posts regularly.
Whatever though, you stay over there and I'll stay over here.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Its pretty ******* sad when we have to choose sides, becuase of our trim levels. This site is getting gayer and gayer.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous

Which is exactly what I'm saying. No one even said anything about the 2.0 being a god send or whatever. It was just a guy that thought he would beat a civic, and lost. No one ever said anything about trim levels.

Class/race/age discriminations are sadly alive in our world today, when they shouldn't be.

Originally Posted by BlackedOutCoby
Anomaly actually you need to pull your head out of your ass. Almost every single thread in teh 2.2 and 2.4 section has numerous SS/SC owners tlaking down to us. Usually its something simple like if you wanna go fast shoudl of bought a SS/SC. Or the ever famous Even if you can get more hp for less moeny my SS/SC is still sexier. Or the why waste your time building the 2.2L, the 2.0 block is stronger.(completely bullshit btw) And last but not least the very commen Haha your in a 2.2 you couldnt beat a Honda. Those thigns are so slow.

People are getting tired of the **** these SS/SC ******** are talking all over this board. The problem is small ***** syndrome. They are worried someone will be able to compete with them with a supposedly inferior car. And its lame. I have a 2.2 Running times equal to and greater then most of the 2.4 guys on here. Im sure with teh same ammount of work a 2.4 could run with a 2.0. We are all in CObalts and all love our cars but the ******* bashing from the SS/SC guys needs to fuckign stop and stop soon.

But the problem is your generalizing. Not all SS/SC owners talk down to the lower trims. I've actually not seen too many threads in where the SS/SC guy starts an argument over and throws the trim level taboo out there. And all you're just adding fuel to the fire. By calling the other !!COBALT!! members names like that you're going to start this trim war again, and then someone will do the same thing you did.

If things keep going like this hell there may either:

A) Be nothign worth while in these boards anymore

or

B) Have to be a separate board

Because I know there are other members out there who are tired of all this bickering over nothign when we should all be together as COBALT enthusiast.

This is turnign into nothing better than the import versus domestics rivalry.

Originally Posted by Stilgar
Its pretty ******* sad when we have to choose sides, becuase of our trim levels.
^^^ This phrase should put it all to rest, so I'll repeat it.

Its pretty ******* sad when we have to choose sides, becuase of our trim levels.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM

You even spelled it wrong just like me, I feel honored.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 PM

At this point in time theres really only 2 or 3 members offering helpful information in most of these threads. Will and Hack being the 2 that have helped me the most.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Which is exactly what I'm saying. No one even said anything about the 2.0 being a god send or whatever. It was just a guy that thought he would beat a civic, and lost. No one ever said anything about trim levels.

Class/race/age discriminations are sadly alive in our world today, when they shouldn't be.

But the problem is your generalizing. Not all SS/SC owners talk down to the lower trims. I've actually not seen too many threads in where the SS/SC guy starts an argument over and throws the trim level taboo out there. And all you're just adding fuel to the fire. By calling the other !!COBALT!! members names like that you're going to start this trim war again, and then someone will do the same thing you did.

If things keep going like this hell there may either:

A) Be nothign worth while in these boards anymore

or

B) Have to be a separate board

Because I know there are other members out there who are tired of all this bickering over nothign when we should all be together as COBALT enthusiast.

This is turnign into nothing better than the import versus domestics rivalry.

^^^ This phrase should put it all to rest, so I'll repeat it.

I lay down my beef, I vow to argue NO MORE (until tomorrow). All cobalt owners should unite and have a giant orgy....or just unite....whatever.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:19 PM

You even spelled it wrong just like me, I feel honored.
COPY & PASTE FTW!!!!!!!!!!

At this point in time theres really only 2 or 3 members offering helpful information in most of these threads. Will and Hack being the 2 that have helped me the most.
There are more around here, but a lot of them don't come back because of all the knocking that goes on around here. Like with the whole "use the search button" thing.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I lay down my beef, I vow to argue NO MORE (until tomorrow). All cobalt owners should unite and have a giant orgy....or just unite....whatever.

Its not about laying down anything, we're all expressing our opinions is all. Just some more strongly is all. Well.....I'll go wiht unite.........then orgy!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well first off, another good example of small ***** syndrome is someone who constantly brings up said "small *****" in threads where it was never an issue......

Secondly, I dont frequent the 2.2/2.4 forum barely at all, as I dont know alot about the engines themselves, and dont really have much to say there.

So i figured i would do the right thing and head over there to view firsthand this rampant trim level bashing that you speak of "Almost every single thread in teh 2.2 and 2.4 section has numerous SS/SC owners tlaking down to us."

So, after skimming every page of every thread in the 2.2 forum section (first page)....im curious....

Am I in the wrong spot? are all these nasty 2.0 owners maybe on holidays right now?
What I DID see over there is alot of intelligent 2.0 owners offering some pretty helpful advice on alot of 2.2 owners questions.....

One thing i did notice is the occasional jib at eachother, which is natural, and found almost everywhere you go on this site.....nothing even remotely resembling "talking down"

Now this being said, I have seen in the past the occasional ignorant 2.0 owner use the line "shoulda bought a ss/sc"
I agree its kinda lame.....but honestly ive been on this forum a long time....and i can count on 1 hand the times ive seen it where it wasnt "tongue in cheek"

So......

I think my little research foray could be considering "pulling my head out of my ass" for you?
So....what am I missing? other than maybe that there are quite a few people on here that are a little bit sensative about their trim level, and see some kind of weird ass "trim level discrimination" around every dark corner.

remember.....not 1 thing in this thread was about trim level. Until someone decided to generalize about 2.0 owners hating on other trim levels.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM

Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM

my e-***** is bigger than all of yours. SNAFOO!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM

So was it a hatchback, I would assume. Not to sound like I am cocky, I know alot about Honda's. I would assume it was an EP(01 Civic Si). Most likely got rid of the K20z and swapped in a K20a. Without boost the K20z is kinda dead end motor. Prolly did all supporting mods, I/H/E Hondata, Cams, Springs and retainers. Easily a 13 second car, RSX's with those bolt-ons hit those numbers. You hear it cross-over? Good death, and to the person who said it had a H22 pure ignorance. B Series>H Series Dollar for dollar.
ehh i assumed it was a coupe. he said trunk lid, not hatch (who the hell cares).. in which case what is it, a D17? those are completely worthless

and the b series is a better dollar for dollar swap right now, but b series are being snatched up and then being used or destroyed (whether blown up or crashed or whatever), and as we kno they arent being made anymore. so as the K series prices come down, which they eventually will due to supply, the K series is a better platform
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM

o **** i thought u said B series>K series.. ugh its 10;35 at work and im that out of it... good god lol

Quick Reply: Lost To A Civic....