War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Lost To A Civic....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
this is a VERY ignorant statement... so why mod a car and then race?? shoudl you only say you beat a car if you're stock? it shouldn't matter if you are stock or modified... what's the difference?
It's not an ingnorant statement it's an opinion. You misunderstood me. My car is bone stock, but if i beat a mustang (which i have), or rx-8 (havne't had the pleasure of racing one), or a camaro ss (took him 3 gears to pass and he was quite surprised) then i love my car even more because the only thing under my hood is whatever it came with when it came off the assembly line. But of course with mods, i might just beat that camaro ss but is it truly fair? He didn't race a cobalt ss s/c he raced a modded cobalt ss/sc and that's not the same.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by 5150SS/SC
Somebody educate this guy please.
lol, no need to educate. But really i just don't think its exactly fair to say someone lost to a civic with an integra engine and a turbo kit. What I'm saying is if he gets to put in 9 grand worth of mods then it's only fair that i get to do the same thing. Maybe not everyone feels that way and that's fine i have no problems with that. But if a civic owner comes to me and says, i can drop a gsr engine and a turbo kit and i would whoop your ass, then i gotta laugh cuz look how much he has to go through to bridge the gap. So if you or anyone loses to a heavily modded civic (which i've yet to race such a civic) then don't feel to bad about it cuz he must've put a sh*t load of money into it to get a small econimical car to go that fast.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
It's not an ingnorant statement it's an opinion. You misunderstood me. My car is bone stock, but if i beat a mustang (which i have), or rx-8 (havne't had the pleasure of racing one), or a camaro ss (took him 3 gears to pass and he was quite surprised) then i love my car even more because the only thing under my hood is whatever it came with when it came off the assembly line. But of course with mods, i might just beat that camaro ss but is it truly fair? He didn't race a cobalt ss s/c he raced a modded cobalt ss/sc and that's not the same.
yea...but he raced what he raced and 80% of the cars that will race are modded. that is part of the deal when you race someone. Are you gonna tell me it is "unfair" when i lose to a hennessey viper? modded is modded, that is part of the car. you pay for it, you install it, it is now part of your car and your car is faster. you run what you brung, not take every mod off and run stock...that would make street racing so boring as you would almost always know the outcome before it happens.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
lol, no need to educate. But really i just don't think its exactly fair to say someone lost to a civic with an integra engine and a turbo kit. What I'm saying is if he gets to put in 9 grand worth of mods then it's only fair that i get to do the same thing. Maybe not everyone feels that way and that's fine i have no problems with that. But if a civic owner comes to me and says, i can drop a gsr engine and a turbo kit and i would whoop your ass, then i gotta laugh cuz look how much he has to go through to bridge the gap. So if you or anyone loses to a heavily modded civic (which i've yet to race such a civic) then don't feel to bad about it cuz he must've put a sh*t load of money into it to get a small econimical car to go that fast.
that is the stupid ricer mentallity you always see on the forums...ok so he spends 9k to be able to run with you. his car probably cost him a tenth of what yours costed originally, so to be fair, he has to be allowed to do 15k in mods before a race right? NO! if you think your argument makes sense, than that should too because it is exactly the same, just in favor of him.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm all for the race what you brought state of mind when you're at a street race. But as for some random encounter on the highway or at some street light. You have no idea what he has and if he (and sometimes she) looks at your car its safe to assume it can go somewhat fast. The main problem with owning an ss/sc or any other fast car is that any tom dick and harriet will wanna test you. Small price to pay i guess.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 AM

sorry quicksilver but i feel you are soo wrong on this topic

and honestly i feel bad for you that uve never seen a fast honda (like 12's or lower), they sure are cool and fun to be in...

go 2 a strip or meet and run a honda, when you lose to a motor swapped hatch, and you try and say somethin along the lines of what your saying on here, you would get laughed off the face of the earth...

so ur saying that bc he put more money into his car, that it doesnt matter that you lost?

he still put less money than your car cost... lets see even going for a newer civic... (not even a eg which are even less and lighter)

all nice big estimates
98 Civic EX--$9000
B18 w/ tranny-1500
intake 150
headers-300
exhaust-500
hondata ecu-1000
Total=$12450 for a low 14, high 13 second car
turbo kit-3000
total=15450 for a crap load faster car than a stock SS/sc

but he spend a crap load more on his car to make it keep up.....
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 AM

It's okay you're entitled to your opinion and i understand where you're coming from. Also, i'd probably never say anything to the guy i'd probably give him his props for turning his lil civic into a beast and i'd accept my loss. I'm just saying i didn't race no regular civic. But he raced a regular cobalt ss/sc. Now a modded civic, and a modded cobalt ss/sc then lets see who wins. It's like when my cuz lost to a heavily modded civic in his stock '03 is300. It bothered him, but it shouldn't. Because god knows how much that guy had to put in his car just to beat cars like yours.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 AM

understood...

theres always some1 out there faster...

thats y im cautious when i run hondas and i dont assume they are slow.. they dont take much the make them fast, have a MUCH MUCH bigger aftermarket, they can look like **** and still move fast.. **** our cars stock arent fast at all IMO

o and i think part of the reason were differing is you feel a motor swap is heavily modded, when i feel a motor swap in a honda is almost as common as an exhaust
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 AM

IDK, i still get caught off guard with the kick in my ss/sc. Also, how's that clutchmasters clutch working out for ya? How different is it from a stock clutch?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM

I have a buddy with a 92 Civic 4 door, and it has a B16, 9300 rpm redline, chipped computer, rebuilt head, header, full exhaust, intake and when I was stock it was pretty much dead even, untill about 115 or so then my torque started to win! But Hondas can be very quick no matter what motor is in it, they are soooo light!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 AM

honestly its been so long since ive had the stock clutch taht i forget what it felt like

it works fine for me--but there have been numerous people with problems. id go with exedy or bully. it still doesnt shift EXACTLY how i want, but its ok none the less

but i do remember the CM is stiffer than stock, but seriously after getting used to it, it feels like a stock clutch
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
I have a buddy with a 92 Civic 4 door, and it has a B16, 9300 rpm redline, chipped computer, rebuilt head, header, full exhaust, intake and when I was stock it was pretty much dead even, untill about 115 or so then my torque started to win! But Hondas can be very quick no matter what motor is in it, they are soooo light!
I know, it's not even fair sometimes. Man let me drop my ecotec 2.0 engine with the eaton supercharger in a ****** geo metro and lets see who wins. lol, it's so sad that my first car was a geo metro what a piece of crap that thing was.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 AM

HOly crap Batman! What the hell is goin' on here! If I was too pull up to a race say against a camaro.... And I loose.... well then I lost... even if I was stock and he wasn't I agreed to the race and I lost fair and square, I don't care if he swapped in a ZZ572 block with 800 hp, I agreed (albiet STUPIDLY) but I did and lost to an obvioulsy superior car! Look I have lost races to cars that I feel I should have beaten... but then they obviously either know how to drive really well or they have something more under the hood than I thought! I don't ask every driver of every race what they are packin'! And nor do they as me! And to the next point... about the trim level stuff goin' on! Commin' from a previous 2.2 owner to buying my SS/SC both cars were fun, I had my fun in my 2.2 and I have fun in my 2.0! We all have the same DAMN car, we are all on here to do the same things educate, and be educated, and then to make our cars fast or (pretty)! We all have the goal in mind.... but some users in here need to get some thicker skin, PERIOD!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM

lol, hey i raced a camaro ss. I lost, but i found it as a small victory that it took him 3 gears to finally pass me. Also we were both side by side at a red light and both took off on green.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by PuSha050
honestly its been so long since ive had the stock clutch taht i forget what it felt like

it works fine for me--but there have been numerous people with problems. id go with exedy or bully. it still doesnt shift EXACTLY how i want, but its ok none the less

but i do remember the CM is stiffer than stock, but seriously after getting used to it, it feels like a stock clutch
I see, well i just wanted to know cuz one day i will mod my car and i wanna put a better clutch in the car before the modding gets crazy. Gotta make sure the car can take the power you're putting in.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:56 AM

sorry quicksilver but i feel you are soo wrong on this topic

and honestly i feel bad for you that uve never seen a fast honda (like 12's or lower), they sure are cool and fun to be in...

go 2 a strip or meet and run a honda, when you lose to a motor swapped hatch, and you try and say somethin along the lines of what your saying on here, you would get laughed off the face of the earth...

so ur saying that bc he put more money into his car, that it doesnt matter that you lost?

he still put less money than your car cost... lets see even going for a newer civic... (not even a eg which are even less and lighter)

all nice big estimates
98 Civic EX--$9000
B18 w/ tranny-1500
intake 150
headers-300
exhaust-500
hondata ecu-1000
Total=$12450 for a low 14, high 13 second car
turbo kit-3000
total=15450 for a crap load faster car than a stock SS/sc

but he spend a crap load more on his car to make it keep up.....
Not arguing here, but a 92-95 hatch is a lot lighter and can be put down to 2000lbs or less stripped. Take that 4-5 grand for the engine swap and turbo, and you'll be losing to a car that cost around $9,000 total. My buddy has a turbo'd CRX that puts down 220whp, and he only has like 4-5 grand into the car including the car price as well. It kept up with my stage 2, so I wouldn't judge before you know what really lurks below. It's rattle can flat black and looks like complete crap too, or at least like crap until your seeing his tail-lights!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Not arguing here, but a 92-95 hatch is a lot lighter and can be put down to 2000lbs or less stripped. Take that 4-5 grand for the engine swap and turbo, and you'll be losing to a car that cost around $9,000 total. My buddy has a turbo'd CRX that puts down 220whp, and he only has like 4-5 grand into the car including the car price as well. It kept up with my stage 2, so I wouldn't judge before you know what really lurks below. It's rattle can flat black and looks like complete crap too, or at least like crap until your seeing his tail-lights!
no no no that was the point.. i picked a newer and heavier car just to prove the point

of course i could have picked a EG hatch (which i want to pick up as a project car.. by the way ) and it would have been MUCH MUCH cheaper and lighter.. the point was even at a 9000$ car, that whole stupid price argument was dumb and pointless
Old 01-03-2007, 03:24 PM

no no no that was the point.. i picked a newer and heavier car just to prove the point

of course i could have picked a EG hatch (which i want to pick up as a project car.. by the way ) and it would have been MUCH MUCH cheaper and lighter.. the point was even at a 9000$ car, that whole stupid price argument was dumb and pointless
I'm tracking! I'd like an EG hatch as a play toy too, but they are hard to get ahold of for a reasonable price where I'm locatedd at. Every one that has them beat them to death or want way too much for them.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
He most likely had a h22 motor swap with a good sized turbo or a big shot of nitrous.
I used to own a prelude which had the h series in it, theyre not that fast.... most people who turbo them, blow them up in the first six months of the turbo. I would say he either had a B series engine with a turbo (gsr engine), or the nitrous...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Modified cars racing modified cars = fun and excitement. You never know what that civic or other car has lurking under the hood. I've raced some civics and seen some civics that would tear the ***** from a modded SS/SC. I've also spanked a lot of modded civics in my SS/SC as well. That engine swapped civic by the way probably had a lot less of a price tag as well, so I wouldn't be hating on it. Obviously it did what the builder intended it to do, and that was to beat the car he was racing. Either way, sounds like it was a good time and taught a good lesson as well.
I could not agree more.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:53 AM

it sounds like he had a shot of nitrous by the way that you described his pulling away that quick