War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

LS vs. SI

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS vs. SI

well i was on my way home from the Columbus meet. and i pulled up on a honda civic. it was the bodystyle b4 the ugly hatchback. we couldnt do anything for a while b/c of traffic, he dropped behind me for a while. im guessing to get an idea if i was an ss or not, but unless you know the models from the bumpers he wouldnt be able to tell b/c i shaved my LS off. i could tell he was modded. he had a loud ass exhaust, and i thought i knew who it was. and if it was that guy it was fairly heavily modded. we were running about 65 when traffic cleared. I was in 4th gear waiting, i heard him get on it and then i down shifted to 3rd. we stayed even through 3rd. and he just barely pulled on me through 4th. my bumper was at his fender when he shut down. after that we both just went the speed limit home. It was confirmed today at work who it was, which is who i thought it was, and that he is fairly modded. all that i have is a k&n filter. If i was him id be pissed that i barely pulled on a near stock LS.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 PM

The funniest part about that is that your LS probaly cost less then that model of SI
Old 10-23-2006, 05:10 PM

Good run. Get an I/E and you'll pull him. Read my mod in my sig, I pull on 05 and older Si's all the time with comparible mods. There was a turbo'd one that surprised me though...