War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

me v.s 95 TSI

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shabodah
People got to quit believing all the hype of AWD. Sure, it IS great for launching, but after that, it is a hinderance. Both my Talon Tsi Awd and My redline are around 260awhp and 260whp, respectively, and the Talon will certainly take the lead in the start, but it won't keep in for long at all.
Huh???

I really doubt the guy had 260awhp, like DSM and Red have said.

Originally Posted by Stilgar
^I thought you never dynoed your DSM, I read it on the redlineforums. And you use a Gtec for your times haha!
hahhah pwnt

Last edited by e-thug43v3r; 01-24-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A) I don't have a gtec, nor does anyone I know.
B) I drive both cars quite a lot and the previous owner did dyno the Talon, but it has been slightly changed since then.

Regardless, my point still stands.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 PM

A) I don't have a gtec, nor does anyone I know.
B) I drive both cars quite a lot and the previous owner did dyno the Talon, but it has been slightly changed since then.

Regardless, my point still stands.
Dude I will even look up the thread I read all like 17 pages of it. You used a Gtec, for ur 13 second passes. He may have dynoed the talon, I need to see slips and tables for proof.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 PM

Dude I will even look up the thread I read all like 17 pages of it. You used a Gtec, for ur 13 second passes. He may have dynoed the talon, I need to see slips and tables for proof.
Ok, I was trying to sell the damn car, lol. HE had a gtec, and recorded those times approximately one month before I bought the car.

Anywho, a 260awhp car that weighs 300 pounds more than a 260fwhp car, will accelerate slower after launch than said FWD car, and it will have a significant disadvantage at a roll to said FWD car. I drive EVO's every day. I'll take any stock EVO with the Redline at a roll, and have taken some tuned and cat-back EVO's as well. They DESTROY me from a launching standpoint, no doubt. Mitsu Service Manager, lol.

Edit: PS a DSM is FAR FAR FAR more prone to breakingdown than a Cobalt or Ion, and it costs FAR FAR more to fix one if you attempt to use any OEM parts. So, I'd certainly consider my Talon more of a SHITBOX than the Redline.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:34 PM

Exactly my point. when it comes to dyno's and 1/4 mile times, I don't believe anything that I hear, and little of what I see. Just cause people can't be honest about stuff like that anymore, its retarded.

Edit: PS a DSM is FAR FAR FAR more prone to breakingdown than a Cobalt or Ion, and it costs FAR FAR more to fix one if you attempt to use any OEM parts. So, I'd certainly consider my Talon more of a SHITBOX than the Redline.
BULLSHIT

I'm getting angry....*turning a slight greenish tint*.....

Last edited by DSMissed; 01-24-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by DSMissed
BULLSHIT

I'm getting angry....*turning a slight greenish tint*.....
I'm sorry to say I have put thousands into stupid **** on the Talon. I've only had to do tires on the Redline and I've been out of warranty for some time now.

Edit: PS my car is a 2nd gen. The 1st gens do seem to fair much better. Regardless, they are still both far better than the 3000GT and Stealth. My average VR-4 estimate is well over $3k. And I give one of those at least weekly.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 PM

if your talon is more of a shitbox its cause you are a shitbox driver, and your talon has how many more years on your redline?????? and how many more hard miles????? ******* duh its going to break more
Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Why the **** would go OEM anyway? Thats a waste of time, send it to AMS or Buschur. I will disagree with the fact that you build a DSM for alot cheaper than a Cobalt. Find a 6 bolt and rebuild it with some aftermarkey shizz. Cobalts aren't cheap to rebuild lol, Bdwarr spend nearly 4500 on his rebuild.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 PM

if your talon is more of a shitbox its cause you are a shitbox driver, and your talon has how many more years on your redline?????? and how many more hard miles????? ******* duh its going to break more
I think you missed the part about attempting to use OEM parts in there. Regardless, I deal with customers who think their GSX is the **** on a constant basis, so your opinion is seen here at my work every day, 24/7. And then I get to deal with people being upset parts take so long to get here, too. It's great. Obviously the Talon is older, and obviously I don't know the full history of how it's been abused, but I've had the guys here look over about every darn thing on the car and replace about everything needed, just to have it break again down the road. I've personally, NEVER beat a car like I have my redline. I suppose I've been luckier than most, but I've been amazed with the abuse it has taken.

It's amazing how biased against the LSJ this site has become. If you do the rebuild yourself and spend 4500 dollars, you've done a hell of a lot wrong.

Last edited by shabodah; 01-24-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM

No, my car mechanically is sound well except for the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Other than its been, a good car minus the electrical. We won't go there, knock on wood.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned

I think you missed the part about attempting to use OEM parts in there. Regardless, I deal with customers who think their GSX is the **** on a constant basis, so your opinion is seen here at my work every day, 24/7. And then I get to deal with people being upset parts take so long to get here, too. It's great. Obviously the Talon is older, and obviously I don't know the full history of how it's been abused, but I've had the guys here look over about every darn thing on the car and replace about everything needed, just to have it break again down the road. I've personally, NEVER beat a car like I have my redline. I suppose I've been luckier than most, but I've been amazed with the abuse it has taken.

It's amazing how biased against the LSJ this site has become. If you do the rebuild yourself and spend 4500 dollars, you've done a hell of a lot wrong.
He asked why go OEM??? That is retarded.

Some people here like the Cobalt and want to learn about it, not hear BS slung around especially when that BS is about their own personal car.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 PM

No, my car mechanically is sound well except for the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Other than its been, a good car minus the electrical. We won't go there, knock on wood.
I don't mean to be a pain about "going there" but Mitsu no longer has any wiring harnesses available nor any sunroof parts available for 2nd gen cars. Other than digging on DSMparts, do you know any place to hunt them down?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:55 PM

DSM talk maybe, I dunno not a real big fan of DSM's. Differennt strokes different folks, and E-Thug lol. Good name, but why would go OEM when you can have a better built motor with aftermarket without worrying about crankwalk?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM

I wasn't suggesting OEM internals myself, just the sensors, wiring, etc crap that all adds up after a while. Although, I do still find it funny how much more Chrysler sells our Oxygen sensors for than we do
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM

I don't mean to be a pain about "going there" but Mitsu no longer has any wiring harnesses available nor any sunroof parts available for 2nd gen cars. Other than digging on DSMparts, do you know any place to hunt them down?
I've got tons of sunroof stuff for a 2g...what do you need?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM

I've got tons of sunroof stuff for a 2g...what do you need?
I believe I need tracks. It'd does that rattle all the time thing where you can actually see it try to lift off over bumps and such. I retorqued every fastner to no avail. I don't actually need any wiring stuff for my car, but being that I am in WI, a large number of our customers are running into wiring issues caused by sub-par wiring repairs (which they mostly did themselves) and corrosion.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM

I don't think my Talon is 'the ****' and I don't think my Cobalt is either. They're just cars. I just think its unfair to say an older car is supposed to handle abuse as well as a newer car. But e-fighting is retarded, I'm not trying to fight with you or anyone else. I need to just shut it. I guess I just have the 'mom' thing with DSMs in a sense, I don't like to hear any ****-talking about them, lol.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:29 PM

I don't think my Talon is 'the ****' and I don't think my Cobalt is either. They're just cars. I just think its unfair to say an older car is supposed to handle abuse as well as a newer car. But e-fighting is retarded, I'm not trying to fight with you or anyone else. I need to just shut it. I guess I just have the 'mom' thing with DSMs in a sense, I don't like to hear any ****-talking about them, lol.
No worries man. Personally, I'm still one that doesn't think any compact car is really "the ****." I have not illusions about my Redline. It's a great Daily Driver, and it's a lot of fun, but it will never been what people seem to want their cars to be, and I'm fine with that.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 PM

I believe I need tracks. It'd does that rattle all the time thing where you can actually see it try to lift off over bumps and such. I retorqued every fastner to no avail. I don't actually need any wiring stuff for my car, but being that I am in WI, a large number of our customers are running into wiring issues caused by sub-par wiring repairs (which they mostly did themselves) and corrosion.
crap. I have tracks, but they are at my parents house in South Dakota. All I have with me here in Wyoming is 2 motors and 2 of the black boxes, timing boxes or something. But I have credit at a junkyard here in Casper that has a 96 n/t with a sunroof, if you can't find your pieces anywhere else, I can get them for you there. I know how hard it is to fix those stupid sunroofs....mine quit working on my 95, there were some pieces that just disinigrated and broke off...but I bought 2 full sunroofs on Ebay and neither worked, so I ended up just having to take all 3 apart and build one good working one, but I kept all the other good parts off of those sunroofs.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:33 PM

crap. I have tracks, but they are at my parents house in South Dakota. All I have with me here in Wyoming is 2 motors and 2 of the black boxes, timing boxes or something. But I have credit at a junkyard here in Casper that has a 96 n/t with a sunroof, if you can't find your pieces anywhere else, I can get them for you there. I know how hard it is to fix those stupid sunroofs....mine quit working on my 95, there were some pieces that just disinigrated and broke off...but I bought 2 full sunroofs on Ebay and neither worked, so I ended up just having to take all 3 apart and build one good working one, but I kept all the other good parts off of those sunroofs.
They are kinda of a bitch to get timed right, but not terrible. Regardless, if you can just find a working assembly, it's much less of a pain to deal with. I dunno what I should do with this Talon. Got to be someone to take it off my hands. Oh yeah! I'll sell it on Ebay... lol.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:47 PM

They are kinda of a bitch to get timed right, but not terrible. Regardless, if you can just find a working assembly, it's much less of a pain to deal with. I dunno what I should do with this Talon. Got to be someone to take it off my hands. Oh yeah! I'll sell it on Ebay... lol.
oh oh...where do you live....NO I shouldn't.....where do you live? I miss my 2g...want an rx7?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM

oh oh...where do you live....NO I shouldn't.....where do you live? I miss my 2g...want an rx7?
A) You don't want my Talon, just like everyone else doesn't want it - It's an Auto. lol.
B) What year RX7? No I don't care what shape the engine or trans are in, they're getting replaced anyway. lol.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM

its an 87, and that sucks you don't care about the engine cause its a fresh rebuild, lol, tranny is replaced too. Its got new suspension, and new sunroof and headlight motors, the only thing it needs is a ps front caliper, there is one here in the junkyard for $40, but it might need the rotor too, not sure tho, the caliper is starting to be permanently pinched shut, so it makes noise. Its a manual tho, lol, and I don't care if your Talon is an auto, sucks but thats ok. I just miss my 2g. Whats the color, mileage, etc...and you said its a 96 tsi? fw or awd...I don't feel like scrolling back through previous posts
Old 01-24-2007, 02:01 PM

lol. 97 Talon Tsi Awd. 16G, FMIC, honed/ported manifold, 3" turbo back exhaust, SAFC, K&N. 134k on the clock, and unfortunately for me an auto or I would have sold it 12 times or more by now. We had many first gen rx7's when I was growing up. I live in Wisconsin, and have never seen the rotory be happy during the winter here, thus, I'd probably be swapping something else in there, anyway, but my best friend wants to build a RX7, too, so maybe I'd be building it how he wanted it. I'm sure it comes as no surprise he was looking for a third gen car. lol. I wouldn't be able to do a straight trade on an 87, though.

Edit: I wouldn't even consider an auto in an RX7, lol. They shouldn't have even considered it, either.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by L82vette
what are your mods
260awhp is alot that thing should be really fast
^^^^

Quick Reply: me v.s 95 TSI