War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

me vs 00-04 gt stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codyss
Like I said before they still suck from a roll.
but will still bend over a stage 2 ss/sc from a dig, it goes both ways.

And honestly cody, I know we've been over this before, but a cammed 2V hardly dies up top. I dont know if you're friends cammed 2V is just a turd or he cant drive, maybe its an anomoly, I dont know. But there are cammed, bolt-on 2V's with 300 +/- 10hp running similar 1/4 times as Blown 2V's with 350+hp. Now when you cam a 2V, you tend to lose some down low torque; when you throw on a blower, you dont. So how can a cammed car that loses torque down low run with a blown car with more hp/tq? Because it pulls like a mother ****** up top, thats how.

I dont street race, and I especially dont roll race so its hard to fathom why I give a damn about this arguement. A friend of mine however just ordered VT stage 2's and Mahle springs. Unfortunately he cant afford LT's at the time so he wont see the full benefit of the cams. Anyway, a buddy of ours has a stage 2 SS/SC. We're all cool and meet at the track occassionally. Im sure these two crazy bastards will line them up on a public highway full of school children and go from a few different speeds. The SS/SC may win, the stang may win, we'll see. But I hardly doubt either car will stomp a mudhole in the other. Without the LT's I think it will be close, give the edge to the SS/SC from higher start speeds and the GT from lower speeds. If he ever gets LTs, Im sure they'll do it again.

Theyve raced before when the GT was bolt-on, and the SS/SC was basically stock. GT won both times from a roll. I forget the start speeds, it was something like a half car from a 40 roll (ss/sc was at his door) and 1-1.5 cars from a 15-20 roll, I dont know. Either way it was close. Now hes stage 2 and the other guys getting cams. I think they'll just be closer races, I dont see either killing the other like you proclaim.

And to add to it, I'll be slapping on a Novi 2000 in the coming months, so Im sure me and the cammed guy will line up at the track several times. Im confident I'll beat him, mostly bc of my devilish good looks, but I think it will be closer than most might imagine.

Not hatin on you bud, just throwing my .02 into the ring. Hope everythings going good with the house and all. Take it easy.

This thread needs some humor. Here ya go, I hate some Mustangs too. Taken from a local car show over the weekend. Its the same color as my grandpa's fishing boat

Old 06-01-2006, 09:55 AM

ha a ricer mustang ^^^
Old 06-01-2006, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mike06cobalt
ha a ricer mustang ^^^
dude he thought everyone was looking at his car bc they liked it

Here's a few nicer ones.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 AM

i am assuming people dont know how to drive.. a stock on stock from a roll the balt will take the stang.. when mods are being introduced into this equation.. it all depends on how far the stang is modded..
with Basic bolt ons from a roll, the Balt should be able to take the GT (depending on start rolling speed and cut off speed).. but when you start getting into motor internals.. the GT is going to start raping the Balt.... i am assuming people cant drive if the Balt owners are staying that close, because i know for a fact i will rape the **** out of my Balt in my GT from a dig race or from a roll race, period.. i have let a couple buddies of mine (all very good drivers) race me in stang vs balt and flipped flopped to see the differences.. everytime.. my GT will own the Balt.. but then again this is a 302 and not a 281
Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM

from a dig a cobalt ss/sc with a good driver can edge out a 2000 mustang gt. You will get ate from 0 - 30 but you will reel and eventually pass by 100 mph. Here is an actual timeslip of a 2000 mustang gt the owner said he posted a 2.1 60 ft. This mustang is also modded. This time slip was taken from mustang forums and the others are very similar.

Ride 2000 Mustang GT
Engine type and displacement 289ci 4.6 Liter Modualr V8 SOHC 16valve
Induction N/A
Major Modifications Cold Air Intake, 75mm Throttle Body, Upper Intake Plenum. Off Road H pipe, Flowmaster mufflers.
Tranny Type Manual
Tires Street Radials
Race weight
60 foot time 2.18
1/8 Mile ET 9.129
1/8 Mile MPH 77.76 MPH
1/4 Mile ET 14.121
1/4 Mile MPH 98.72 MPH
Old 06-01-2006, 10:46 AM

people you also have to remember mustangs suffer from rear wheel hop something terrible due to their shitty stock rear and tranny. My friend has a 99 cobra and cannot for the life of him get under a 13.9 in the 1/4 mile because the car shakes rattles and rolls so much. He did however own my ass on the street by 1 1/2 cars.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
people you also have to remember mustangs suffer from rear wheel hop something terrible due to their shitty stock rear and tranny. My friend has a 99 cobra and cannot for the life of him get under a 13.9 in the 1/4 mile because the car shakes rattles and rolls so much. He did however own my ass on the street by 1 1/2 cars.
Somethings wrong with your friends car then, he may have gotten one of the underpowered 99 Cobras. Has it ever been dyno'd? The 8.8" is hardly a shitty rear end, in fact they find themselves into F-bodies occassionally to replace the joke of a 7.5" GM puts in there (mustang V6s get a 7.5"). Ive pulled 2.0 60's with stock rear end and tranny with all season tires. Regardless, your friend has an IRS in his Cobra which will experience more wheelhop than an 8.8 equipped GT. Theres no reason that car shouldnt be running mid 13s easily if he has full power, high 13s if he's underpowered. Tell him to get to a Dyno and see where hes sitting, that may help clear things up if he having trouble at the track.

As far as tranny's go there are two types: T-45 which is found in 99- mid-01 GTs and the 99 Cobra. Its outdated. In 01 Cobras and mid 01 -04 GTs, Mustangs got the T-3650 tranny, which is much stronger than the T-45. Its not a world class tranny, but its no reason to keep a car from running good times.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 AM

^^^^ Oh Snap ! Lol
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 AM

shitty rear-end?
ford has the best rear-ends.. period.. your buddy just doesnt know how to drive
Old 06-01-2006, 04:38 PM

Cobras=
Old 06-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

I've had more than my share of F-Bodies and let me tell you I would take the Ford 8.8 over the GM 7.5 and 7.75 anyday. The GM axles weak and you can rebuild the Ford limited slip for $50.

The only Mustangs that have wheel hop are V6's and the IRS Cobra.

My GT could launch like a SOB but lacked serious top end.

And Helty Brett's GT has high RPM pull with the cams but only when compared to a stock SOHC 4.6

Keep in mind two of my last three cars were LS1's, they have that kind of pull off the showroom floor.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 AM

Keep in mind two of my last three cars were LS1's, they have that kind of pull off the showroom floor.
Hey Im not debating the LS1 isnt a strong motor at all, hell you know Im a Ford guy and I'll gladly say its an awesome motor. And no, the 4.6 2V is not too impressive in stock form. Im not argueing that one bit. Im just saying a cammed and Bolt-on GT against a stage 2 ss/sc is gonna be a close one, depending on what the race is. From a roll, it depends what other mods the 2V has, specifically gearing. From a dig, I'll put my money on the 2V all day. Thats all.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by helty
Hey Im not debating the LS1 isnt a strong motor at all, hell you know Im a Ford guy and I'll gladly say its an awesome motor. And no, the 4.6 2V is not too impressive in stock form. Im not argueing that one bit. Im just saying a cammed and Bolt-on GT against a stage 2 ss/sc is gonna be a close one, depending on what the race is. From a roll, it depends what other mods the 2V has, specifically gearing. From a dig, I'll put my money on the 2V all day. Thats all.
U know this exactly what I've been trying to say. Sure a 4.6 isnt that impressive stock but its no sled either. A stock ss/sc isnt going to blow one out of the water from a roll. It might take it...but just by a little. Cody up here is saying a gt with all the bolt ons is slow and he can kill one anytime anyday from a roll. Which brings up another thing......roll racing is cool...but real racing is from a dig and lets face it you'll need to running the intense stage 3 or 4 packages and hp tuners to destroy a bolted gt. Not to be a dick...but sometimes I think codys mentallity is like some of the owners in this video. Yeah...I beat modded mustangs all the time......and sure I hang with cobras too. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...6648EB06AE.htm
Old 06-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

cobaltR what the hell do you know?

I know exactly what my car is capable of and since I owned more 12-13 second cars than you ever will so I know where I fall in the grand mix of things. With a name like cobaltR please don't come at me like I am the jackass ricer.

A Stage 2 SS/SC should be able to net mid 13's at around 103-105mph with a good driver.

Brett's Mustang has 295 Nitto drag radials with 3.73's and can pull 1.9 60Ft times all day long. With the tires warm he kills me from a dig and he should, put his street tires back on and we both spin like mad and it's a pretty close match up.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:58 PM

cobaltR what the hell do you know?

I know exactly what my car is capable of and since I owned more 12-13 second cars than you ever will so I know where I fall in the grand mix of things. With a name like cobaltR please don't come at me like I am the jackass ricer.

A Stage 2 SS/SC should be able to net mid 13's at around 103-105mph with a good driver.

Brett's Mustang has 295 Nitto drag radials with 3.73's and can pull 1.9 60Ft times all day long. With the tires warm he kills me from a dig and he should, put his street tires back on and we both spin like mad and it's a pretty close match up.
What the hell do you know????? All u do is run your mouth and everyone calls u on it. You never show any proof when anybody asks for it. You have no idea what I've ever owned. My name is a joke...this is a forum...get over it. Stop acting like a ricer and I wont treat u like one. Stage 2 cobalts dont exactly run mid13's...more like high 13's....some only low 14's. You said you owned your friends mustang from a roll and that after 100 its got nothing....but now its a close matchup. I've tried being nice about things...but apparently u cant take it.....I'm done with you and this thread....I dont need to get banned...which I'm sure you will with your attitude. You just need to take it easy chief.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltR
What the hell do you know????? All u do is run your mouth and everyone calls u on it. You never show any proof when anybody asks for it. You have no idea what I've ever owned. My name is a joke...this is a forum...get over it. Stop acting like a ricer and I wont treat u like one. Stage 2 cobalts dont exactly run mid13's...more like high 13's....some only low 14's. You said you owned your friends mustang from a roll and that after 100 its got nothing....but now its a close matchup. I've tried being nice about things...but apparently u cant take it.....I'm done with you and this thread....I dont need to get banned...which I'm sure you will with your attitude. You just need to take it easy chief.
Cody got pwneddddddd by a n00b!!

Has anybody ran just stage 2 at the track??? No other mods?

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that Cody just talks, but doesn't prove anything.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

I love it when people are so excited they can't even read.

By the way take a look at my photo page do I look like a ricer *******...........

To say a Stage 2 SS/SC runs high 13's or low 14's proves who the idiot is.

As for you 280Z1977 it's nice that you think I care what you think. After owning my Camaro SS I could really care less if I video or show proof of what my SS/SC can do.

Camaro SS > Cobalt SS Therefore I don't care
Old 06-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

By the way take a look at my photo page do I look like a ricer *******...........

As for you 280Z1977 it's nice that you think I care what you think. After owning my Camaro SS I could really care less if I video or show proof of what my SS/SC can do.

Do you have any PROOF?? I think a stage 2 only SS/SC will only run high 13s.

I think you do care.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:01 PM

U know I said I wasnt going to post.......but u obviously just dont get it. Do feel big using profanity? Obviously u cant read...I've read all your posts just fine. I never said your a ricer. I said stop acting like a ricer. I've seen your pics, never said your car was riced out and in case u missed it, I said stop talking like a ricer and I wont call u out on anything. The fastest stage 2 ss/sc that I have seen post on here is xenozx, but he's running more parts than just the stage 2 and his best time is 13.86. His brother has a ss/sc with I/E and stage 2 and has run a 13.89.....so guess what that's high 13's dick but I guess your just a better driver than the both of them right. Show me some timeslips and pics of you running a 13.6 or better, in fact anyone with JUST STAGE 2, please show me a timeslip of you running a mid 13 sec quarter and I'll be more than happy to eat my words, bow down and kiss your feet, but cody, u cant and u wont.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Isn't this the same guy that said something about a grand touring rx-8 running 12's stock, or was that another cody that Gsoccer and myself embarrased with facts? Anywho, on the subject, I have beaten a few gt's, even an 05-06 style gt (on the spray of course) but it really is a driver's race in a "from a dig" situation, traction is the issue on the street, and roll racing, well we all know how I feel about that...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Ok I f'd up I can admit it, wasn't cody on that discussion, was another guy, sorry man, on with the craziness...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:16 PM

yeah, where are the time slips of mid 13 second stage 2's? A cammed and bolt-on GT is low 13s easy, high 12s with a good driver. Im not trying to be a dick but the kits have been out for a while now and quite a few people have them, but I havent seen any "OMFG 13.5 Stage 2!" threads. Are people just waiting for cooler weather to go to the track or what?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 280Z1977
Do you have any PROOF?? I think a stage 2 only SS/SC will only run high 13s.

I think you do care.
I don't believe I have even seen high 13s from stage 2 only?! I think it's there, with a good driver.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4ME
I don't believe I have even seen high 13s from stage 2 only?! I think it's there, with a good driver.
Yep
Old 06-04-2006, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
Ride 2000 Mustang GT
Engine type and displacement 289ci 4.6 Liter Modualr V8 SOHC 16valve
Induction N/A
Major Modifications Cold Air Intake, 75mm Throttle Body, Upper Intake Plenum. Off Road H pipe, Flowmaster mufflers.
Tranny Type Manual
Tires Street Radials
Race weight
60 foot time 2.18
1/8 Mile ET 9.129
1/8 Mile MPH 77.76 MPH
1/4 Mile ET 14.121
1/4 Mile MPH 98.72 MPH
My friend ran that fast STOCK... in ~80 degree, ultra-humid weather... and mine trapped 100 with just exhaust in 90 degree weather. Also, stock displacement is 281ci.

Also, for those who were wondering, 3rd gear in a stock-geared GT will get to right around 100mph if you wind it out a little. With 4.10's, definately not.

BTW, if any local Cobalt wants to get smacked around like a rented mule, my GT would be happy to oblige.

Quick Reply: me vs 00-04 gt stang