War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

me vs 00-04 gt stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90% of Mustang GT's will see low-mid 14's not 14.0 or 13.9

And Blainestang tht Bullitt has a little advantage over a GT, but still not enough to make up for from a roll performance.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM

go race him from a dig.... should b a drivers race
Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
90% of Mustang GT's will see low-mid 14's not 14.0 or 13.9
Agree... and most SS/SC's will run mid-high 14's

Originally Posted by codyss
And Blainestang tht Bullitt has a little advantage over a GT, but still not enough to make up for from a roll performance.
Well, I'm still not convinced that an SS/SC will walk away from a GT from a roll like you say it will. The only "proof" we have is a few personal experiences, which don't mean much when it comes to roll racing. It is virtually impossible to quantify a roll race. You can say, "I pulled a couple cars" but it's insanely difficult to extrapolate anything meaningful from without TONS of other information, like exact starting and ending speeds, gear selection, etc.

Anyway, a few personal experiences don't mean much ultimately. I'm sure I could find some GT owners that have pulled on Cobalts, too, and until I see some stock Cobalts trapping 100+ in 90-degree weather, the numbers aren't helping the cobalt either, considering Bullitts have trapped 103mph stock.

So, I'm not saying EITHER car is definately faster from a roll. I'm just saying that there's not much quantifiable proof either way that either is faster from a roll.

ANYWAY, I don't street race, so it doesn't REALLY matter to me, though I don't mind discussing it sometimes.

Oh, and my offer still stands for any Cobalt who'd like to get walked by a GT.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 PM

As much as Id like to have the bullitts manifold, its worth what, 5hp over the GT? Factor in the added weight and I hardly see it as a distinguishing advantage. I know, it has different mufflers and suspension, but its a GT with a modified 96-98 FRPP manifold.

All im saying is if a bullitt beats car X in a race, its safe to say the same driver could beat the same car in a GT.

At the end of the day if you want to say a stock SS/SC can beat a stock GT from a roll, you can have it. I dont street race and I think roll racing is especially gay; it takes 99% of driver skill out of the equation as well as suspension and a good chunk of the powerband. On top of that, who the hell stays stock anyway

Saying "I beat this car from an XX mph roll up to XXXmph" is like saying "I forfeit the first 0- XXmph cuz I knew I'd lose."
Old 06-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by helty
As much as Id like to have the bullitts manifold, its worth what, 5hp over the GT? Factor in the added weight and I hardly see it as a distinguishing advantage. I know, it has different mufflers and suspension, but its a GT with a modified 96-98 FRPP manifold.
Yeah, stock, the manifold doesn't make a huge difference. However, Evan Smith DID run a 13.5@103 in a stock Bullitt. Significantly faster than he ran in a stock GT (13.7).

Also, the Bullitt manifold's benefit is multiplied when other mods, especially F/I is involved.

Still, if I had a "regular" GT, I wouldn't spend the money on a Bullitt manifold either probably.

All im saying is if a bullitt beats car X in a race, its safe to say the same driver could beat the same car in a GT.
Probably. Driver usually makes a bigger difference than the Bullitt parts would when stock.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Yeah, stock, the manifold doesn't make a huge difference. However, Evan Smith DID run a 13.5@103 in a stock Bullitt. Significantly faster than he ran in a stock GT (13.7).
Also, the Bullitt manifold's benefit is multiplied when other mods, especially F/I is involved.
Still, if I had a "regular" GT, I wouldn't spend the money on a Bullitt manifold either probably.
Probably. Driver usually makes a bigger difference than the Bullitt parts would when stock.
Agreed 100%. I was just making the point for all the "stock vs. stock" talk around here.

I'd love the manifold bc I have a Novi 2K in the not so distant future, but damn after you buy all the accessories and hardware, you're looking at over $1k! Supposedly BBK is finally going to release theirs soon, I just hope it actually worth something on a bolt-on GT, unlike that Typhoon crap Anderson is claiming* a 25hp gain with. Edelbrock has one in their catalog for 2V modulars, but Ive yet to hear anything about it.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Agreed 100%. I was just making the point for all the "stock vs. stock" talk around here.

I'd love the manifold bc I have a Novi 2K in the not so distant future, but damn after you buy all the accessories and hardware, you're looking at over $1k! Supposedly BBK is finally going to release theirs soon, I just hope it actually worth something on a bolt-on GT, unlike that Typhoon crap Anderson is claiming* a 25hp gain with. Edelbrock has one in their catalog for 2V modulars, but Ive yet to hear anything about it.
Yeah, it'd be nice if someone else would make a good one that would just be a simple bolt-on for the SOHC 4.6 for < $500. At $1000, the Bullitt looks nice and works well, but that's serious dough.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

If you drive a GT then a Bullitt you can tell a difference in power delivery.

When my 2003 GT was 100% stock I raced a 100% stock Bullitt. It was a dead heat through 1st and 2nd but he started to pull on me mid way through third. We shut down at a little over 100mph and he had me by 3/4 of a car both times.